Helpful advice thread

What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?

Attached: 1550261908657.gif (250x263, 213K)

search Jow Forums.moe before posting

Want it done right, do it yourself.

bump

You don't have to be the best at something, but you have to give it your 100%.

Don't compare yourself to other people. Compare yourself to yesterday's you.

Meaning is more important that pleasure

Life doesn't matter.
(Almost) anything is possible.
Most things that you think are the "end of your life" or "rock bottom", in actuality there is a way back from.
Don't take things so seriously.

The need for validation is the nemesis of happiness. Live life for you and not the approval of others. Combine that with this and you will not only find happiness but also confidence.

Nothing matters except happiness so if the only thing with any meaning is happiness then happiness is the meaning of life.

Greek mfers btfo this line of thought thousands of years ago

I dont listen to people who believe in space wizards.

"Emotions, particularly negative ones, are powerful internal triggers and greatly influence our daily routines. Feelings of boredom, loneliness, frustration, confusion, and indecisiveness often instigate a slight pain or irritation and prompt on almost instantaneous and often mindless action to quell the negative sensation. The severity of the discomfort may be relatively minor-perhaps her fear is below the perceptibility of consciousness- but that's exactly the point. Our life is filled with tiny stressors and we're usually unaware of our habitual reactions to these nagging issues"
-Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products

To break it down to those in the 2 digit IQ range, really document how you spend a day and where your time goes. And really, I mean really think about the reason for which you do a particular action. In order to save decisional effort, the brain creates habits, and when a habit is formed you don't think anymore.
If your habit or subconscious reaction to loneliness is to jump on Jow Forums/facebook and you don't even realize it, it can fuck you up pretty badly if you end up scrolling for hours on those shitty sites.
If your habit or subconscious reaction to boredom is to grab the dick with your hand or watch some shitty youtube video, you need to also change that.

That being said, I am aware about how difficult changing a habit is.

Attached: download.jpg (261x193, 9K)

"You must know the difference between an asset and a liability. Most people struggle financially because they do not know the difference between an asset and a liability."

"Financial struggle is often directly the result of people working all their life for someone else."
-Rich Dad Poor Dad

Pretty much, know that despite the "pussy points", houses unless rented and expensive cars are just money drains. And cars are also depreciating assets. Don't spend your money on liabilities. Try to think of something which will enable you to get more money. Also, think outside the box maybe. Our boomer parents told us to study and get a job, because that's what worked for them, but no one gets wealthy by working for someone else usually.

Never trust a big butt & smile.

One time I was at work and I felt pretty down in the blues. My dumb cracker co worker comes up to me and says "stop thinking like that. Stop being depressed."
>mfw she cures my blues

Attached: autism.jpg (640x360, 20K)

the under-stated half of the reason this holds true is that it's easier to pick out flaws in someone else's handiwork than it is to admit your own. it's still some solid advice

Here are the best I heard and figured out throughout my life. I'm not perfect, but a lot of my fears and weaknesses I eventually overcame with these ideas
>Those intrusive thoughts that do nothing but hurt you come from your inner critic. Your inner critic only offers a perspective. Take anything helpful from it, but disregard the rest
>Anyone can talk. It's only impressive to actually do it
>Who you are today is the "real you", whether you like that or not. If you don't like who you are, change yourself to become closer to who you think "the real you" should be. Most people's concept of their 'true selves' is actually just their ideal selves
>Don't say things you don't mean
>If you're plagued with mortal fear, truly accepting death is the key to an incredibly happy, fulfilling life
>Rational thought is key, but never forget our rationale is built upon our emotions
>Just because somebody empathises with you doesn't mean they're your friend

Attached: 192727171.jpg (384x384, 38K)

People are too focused on themselves to actually pay close atenttion at what you're doing.

It helps if you are very socially awkward and think people are judging your every mistake. The reality is that, unless you make a terrible terrible mistake, people wont really give a shit, or most likely wont notice it.

Don't wait for shit to happen to you or around you

Stay away from black neighborhoods