Is there a chance I'm not unattractive even if nobody has ever asked me out/shown interest?

Is there a chance I'm not unattractive even if nobody has ever asked me out/shown interest?

Attached: 15343536262.png (263x301, 99K)

yes, ugly dudes get girls. you got no style nigga

(nice get)
I should've clarified that I'm asking this from a girls perspective.

you know it's sort of the same guys wont necessarily be in a long term relationship or date a pretty girl they have nothing in common with.

Not necessarily. If you're autistic and/or very shy and unfriendly, guys won't approach you cause they'll think you're gonna be mean to them, or that you're unhinged

I'm a bit autistic around other people, never unfriendly or mean though. I guess I'll just hope that's the reason.

If you're a girl, Yes.

Unless you are super attractive and don't put yourself in situations where men can express interest

If a guy just walks up to a girl and goes straight to "hey lets go out" the girl will understandably panic and say no 100% of the time. If you dont spend casual time with/around guys noone is going to be able to ask you out.

Ok, in my experience, a lot of girls are really oblivious of how they appear to others.

Eg. In my life I've had a lot of girls who act like they hate me in person, never smile, never make more than one word conversation. Then one day I find out from a friend that they had a massive crush on me

Basically, it's possible you're just totally oblivious and emotionally stunted and are giving off strong "don't fucking approach me" vibes

Well I do spend time around guys, for the last few weeks I've just been at home though. But I don't have any guy friends if that's what you're asking.
Yeah that could be it as well. But personally I think I have a pretty friendly-looking face. I always try to put in effort in conversations as well. Don't really smile in public without a reason, but I doubt that's it.

If you’re a guy, yes.
Girl, no.

This
This is one thing where us guys have it easier, we really don't know how attractive we are because you can be an anxious shy 8/10 and no one will ask you out.
But for girls... you are the ones supposed TO BE asked out, so if no one has then you're probably unattractive.

Well do you think you look unattractive?

The odds are at least 10-1 that your social 'failure' is more a result of your perceived attitude than your physical beauty. Boys are scared of girls who seem unfriendly or angry or sad,, and even too shy. Meet people halfway with a little unforced friendliness and you will attract not only friends but the occasional romantic interest

Don't think I'm one to judge my own looks, but I look a bit like the girl in the OP pic actually. but very plain for sure.
Perhaps I seem too shy, it's another possibility. I have to admit I find it difficult to initiate anything with strangers, but I really do try my best whenever someone deems me interesting enough to talk to.

>I look a bit like the girl in the OP pic

Attached: 1551060254540.jpg (960x704, 41K)

Not that much of a stretch really, you can't even see half her face.

From the outside, shyness can look a lot like aloofness. You may be retiring because you don't know what to say or do, but it can look like YIOU don't like THEM

Yeah that is true. I've always been kind of reserved and shy, but I don't really know how I could even try and 'fix' it.

Yeah I can also put a cap on, put a mop behind my head and cover my face with a cup. But I'm male.

nothing happens on the couch

Where do you live? Are you fat? What is your race? Do you have female friends who get hit on significantly more than you?
This is not to take a stab at you, it's just that different societies have different standards and norms.

>Where do you live?
Tampa
>Are you fat?
Yes. 220 lb
>What is your race?
Mixed Latina/ Black and little bit of Asian
>Do you have female friends who get hit on significantly more than you?
Yes. Mostly all of them.

Yeh isn't me
I live in Northern Europe, not overweight, white, don't have friends sadly.

The good thing is that Florida is filled with thirsty low tier men who will fawn over and catcall anything resembling a vagina, especially of your ethnic background which is attractive in FL.
Bad news is you are too fat for most men (unless you have good fat distribution which means a thicc ass, but 220lbs can't possibly be stored in ass only)
Men attraction works on physical looks ALONE. We don't care about status, social, financial or anything. Put down the fork or go take a stroll in the ghetto where you will definitely appeal to no-standards gangbangers and homeless boomers.

Seriously though, get on a diet ASAP and you will be hit on a lot, Florida is a place with many shameless men (as opposed to say Sweden). Don't waste your prime years being fat

>Yes. 220 lb
time to get fit

Oh I replied to the troll then.
The issue might be that you live in very effeminate society and men are afraid to talk to you. Northern Europeans are considered the most attractive people in the world on average so I doubt you're objectively unattractive (though might be by the local standards). You'd probably get swarmed with love offers in places like India, America and even closer low inhibition societies like Italy and Spain.
Have you tried Tinder? I don't know about European men much, but American men swipe on every girl unless she is hideously ugly, and EVERY SINGLE female I've spoken to has told that tinder had them at hundreds of matches effortlessly

I think I could probably get matches on tinder if I tried, but I dislike online dating in general. But I guess that's on me. Thank you for the reply though. I don't think our men are effeminate, but compared to the more outwardly friendly societies they are probably more reserved.
I just made this thread since the topic was being discussed in another one and I was feeling sort of insecure, but I didn't take into account how they were most likely all americans.

Yeah, I shouldn't have said effeminate, reserved is a better word for it.
I think in Northern societies people value their personal space and others' way more which results in limited communication in the long run, this is where the "Nordics are autistic" meme comes from. Plus if there isn't an ongoing pickup culture there, it probably won't be as overt as in other places.
Anyway, good luck with your life OP

There is. You may be not putting yourself out there or you're creating very false impression that turns guys away (I remember knowing a girl who was like permanently uninterested ice queen - except she just put up such impression because she was shy as hell and her fear of interaction was taken for disdain). Lastly, how about you pursuing some people, getting closer to some etc?

I bet that if you're the girl from your pic, it'd be enough for shitloads of 4chin orbiters to consider you a waifu material, if you don't ahve absolutely shitty personality or other severe issues (and for more desperate, even that wouldn't be a problem till reality would hit and they'd know the horror for what it is).

Get guy friends. Actual friends-friends, not "I try to get close to get into your panties" guy friends. Try completely platonic relations, develop interests some guys may appreciate (I mean, you're already on 4chin, so there's a chance you're weird in some way other anons could appreciate) and see where it'll take you.

Even really ugly girls can get themselves someone interested if they try to make up for it with some other traits. So it shouldn't be too hard for you. Just, you know, offer people to be in contact and strive to be their friend.

If you look for actual relationship rather than being someone's pump & dump I'd steer clear of Tinder and other casual hook up places. I mean, if you're desperate to be asked out you certainly will be, but it's not worth it.

Thanks again, user.
I think I kind of answered your first concern already, though it is still a possibility.
>how about you pursuing some people, getting closer to some etc?
>"I have to admit I find it difficult to initiate anything with strangers, but I really do try my best whenever someone deems me interesting enough to talk to"
As you already guessed I also have *somewhat* relatable interests/hobbies, but they tend to be ones people pursue in solitude. E.g the obvious anime and games, as well as record collecting, reading, art, etc. I know it's pretty easy to get friends through games, but I've always preferred single-player (currently trying to get into online gaming as well so I hope that'll help).
>t'd be enough for shitloads of 4chin orbiters to consider you a waifu material
I don't have any interest in orbiters or edating, but I don't think that was a real suggestion anyway. Thank you for the advice nonetheless.

Meh, even solitary hobbies can be enjoyed if you are able to share your experiences with them, enjoy talking about it and reading what others have to say about it. I remember in the past also watching anime with some girls, not necessarily just ones I was romantically or sexualyl invovled with - but just acquaintances online. And before then (since it takes quite some time and trust for me to drop even this much of anonymity) I could talk about things I liekd or not, exchange anime/manga recommendations, talk about games, books we all read etc through messages - be it on Skype or, even better, through email as kinda-sorta penpals.

While for me it's in the past now and I got kinda disappointed by anons of Jow Forums (though I also got a few decent penpals/aquaintances even here, at least for a time) you're a girl so you automatically have far, far higher chance to get in contact with many people. But it may not exactly what you seek because I'd advise to not meet new people just to be asked out, as much as simply get new friends and then only pursue other kinds of relationships if you'll get closer.

Yeah I obviously don't only want romantic connections, friends would be great as well. Although I'd much prefer irl ones, I think it would be good to try and find ones online too.
But yeah I'm glad you had such a nice friend group, perhaps I'll find something like that as well.

Crap, I've explained about penpals and whatnot and forgot to tell you why - you can always practice and find acquaintances to get to knwo how to talk even about solitary hobbies, it will help you both in maintaining platonic relationships you'll make with people, establish new ones and possibly get closer to someone you'll want to be with IRL.

It's fine lol, I appreciate the advice.

A matter of will, user, really. Reach out, offer those who seem interesting way to be in contact with you that would be good for both of you. 4chin, again, may be not the best place for that - but even here, on account of being a girl you'd probably get plenty of people willing to talk with you. The issue lies in whether you'd have enough will and care to be a good conversationalist for them, rather than just take it easy and enjoy aforementioned orbiters. Since I am a guy, I had no such issue, but then again I was contacted by some femanon when I dropped an email in one of the rare penpal threads on some board, and she seemed to expect I will be all crazy about her on account of their gender..

There were good times though so if you like exchanging letters/emails, you may look into it. Damn, now that I recall some of the past exchanges of mine own, I wonder if I shouldn't get back into it myself.

I may indeed look into it, when and where did you find that penpal thread? But I doubt I'll get that many people interested since I most likely won't mention my gender, not really interested in that kind of attention from this site particularly.
But yeah I've had issues with being a bit asocial sometimes, although I'm willing to go the distance for the sake of friends and connections. Can't really speak for myself, but I like to think of myself as an okay conversationalist as well. And as I said, I do put in the effort whenever I have the chance to.
Also, sorry for your bad experience with that femanon. I can see why she had developed such an attitude, the nature of this site can make people entitled like that. Hope you'll have better luck in the future, user.

>when and where did you find that penpal thread?
It was a long time ago, it was probably one of those boards where there's plenty of people who are just weird in group but lonely and looking for acquaintances, often pretty alright people as individuals, just needing someone to reach out to them - maybe r9k?

>But yeah I've had issues with being a bit asocial sometimes, although I'm willing to go the distance for the sake of friends and connections.
I can understand that. There are times when I just want to be left on my own for a bit, go at my own pace and not have to think about how it may affect others. Recharge some batteries, so to speak. But I care about those I've decided to keep in contact with and frankly, sometimes it's easier to do things for some of them than it is to do similar for myself. I think it's alright.

>And as I said, I do put in the effort whenever I have the chance to.
If true, then that by itself is worth much. Now, do that with some proactive attitude, offer some people you'll meet to be in contact with you in some way - a lot of it will be possibly duds, but something may work out. I probably should stop droning about it though, after all you asked about being asked out and I am apparently too used in telling people how to get friends to not revolve around that. Apologies.

>Also, sorry for your bad experience with that femanon. I can see why she had developed such an attitude,
It wasn't that bad. A bit disappointing, yes, but I can find it amusing looking back, now that the disappointment fades away.

>Hope you'll have better luck in the future, user.
Should I get back to it and find good place to exchange emails, maybe. Hell, I'd post you some email so we can talk in the future but after my own advice about potential orbiters, that would make me look quite suspicious (and fairly so, since we are strangers). I think I dominated the thread enough now though so I'll let others give you possibly better advice.

I honestly think you've given enough advice already, and many (a lot more than I thought) anons gave their insight as well. Thanks for being so understanding as well.
I Probably won't try to find anything on r9k, but I feel there are better places for that sort of a thing anyway (finding friends/penpals, that is). Don't know if you feel similarly, but I always felt that way of making friends can feel a bit artificial, but it's not like I can complain since I don't have the easiest time forming connections naturally either way. On the other hand *how* it starts shouldn't really matter, and I know I should try and get rid of that thought.
Eh, I don't think your previous advice makes you look suspicious at all, I see it just as being honest. But I had a pretty good time chatting here, so pic related is my email if you want to talk more in the future. But sadly it's getting really late here, and I'll have to go soon, so goodnight.

Attached: its a mail.png (219x23, 2K)

> Don't know if you feel similarly, but I always felt that way of making friends can feel a bit artificial
Perhaps, it's not natural as simply stumbling upon people and interacting growing closer. It's people reaching out to other people in effort to get to know each other with goal of trying to become some sort of acquaintances from get-go. There are issues with that, yes, but again - it's the same as with any other way of meeting new people that's not aforementioned stumbling upon them and just building a contact naturally.

I worry it's still a bit risky but I did send you a message since it was nice to exchange posts. Some other parts of yours are also regarded there. For now, goodnight.

It's hard to tell these days cause there are so many beta fucks who are too scared to ask out a girl these days. Of course there is always a chance you are unattractive, but can't you tell that just by looking at yourself in the mirror?

Women themselves claim they don't want to be approached outside nowadays

That's a fair point. Women on one hand still expect to be courtied and for the guy to make the first move, but then not only they are willing to laugh off some of those who will gather courage, nowadays they are also willing to accuse a guy of quite horrible things and ruin his life for his mistake in approaching them. Or can even target both the guy and girl if the latter accepted former's advances, calling it a submission to patriarchy or other such bullshit.

You may be so terribly attractive as to seem unapproachable.

>On Jow Forums
>That level of attractiveness
Lol delusional