I’m having a conversation with my friend who is saying abstinence is the best method of birth control...

I’m having a conversation with my friend who is saying abstinence is the best method of birth control. Technically true but so far removed from reality.

>I’d say if you absolutely cannot afford to have kids then you should avoid having unsafe sex and possibly sex all together

What do I call this type of thinking?

Attached: E962904C-A784-4093-9713-AE87EB137754.jpg (750x923, 175K)

I'd call it the thinking of 15 year olds.

Conservative.

Correct.
Specifically, the irrefutable kind, when you have a stupid question and your dad gives you an answer that is so unquestionably correct that you spend the next 48 hours trying to poke holes in his argument only to come up totally blank because hes just THAT RIGHT.

Reasonable.

If you absolutely don't want to have kids, and maybe you aren't in the place to abort (because of your morals, of your age, of your financial opportunities, of the place you live really) then you should abstain from sex, possibly.
The next best thing is to use a very reliable birth control method, but they're very expensive and pretty invasive, and not good for everybody - things like vasectomy, IUD, implanon.
Avoiding unsafe sex is absolutely necessary if you don't want to have kids.

Kids are ALWAYS a possible outcome of sex, no matter how hard you try to not have them.
All birth control methods fail, you might not be able to abort (found out about pregnancy too late, or conditions I listed above), and you're stuck with a baby.
If you're absolutely not ready for them, don't have them.

It’s not reasonable, it ignores human nature, in a perfect world where humans are perfectly rational it’s a fine argument, but absolutely ridiculous in the real world.

Maybe you should consider not being a slave to your sexual desires

How can one seem intelligent yet fail to realize not every person is so deliberate in their actions.

>Sex is bad!!!

Attached: 1548261587534.png (218x231, 6K)

It's absolutely correct. If you can't afford a kid, engaging something that makes kids... well, it's not genius.
This is just the usual, "I can't stick to a little conviction so therefore nobody else on Earth has any self-control either." Next you'll say humans are animals or something basic

I didn’t know every board was Jow Forums

t. Hedonist

Haha implying I’m the simplistic one when you are speaking in platitudes as dumb as “just say no”

It's ridiculous.

We really can't take chances because women can't be trusted. 50% of women in an anonymous survey said they thought it was okay to lie about their birth control to a man so that they would get pregnant. That's a really fucked up thing to do and half of all women said it was just fine.

We're about to have male birth control (the silicone plug) and it's gonna be fucking glorious. No more getting trapped by thots.

But to answer your question OP, humans have been around for 50,000 years. People generally started fucking at 15 or 16 and had as many kids as possible. Thanks to how fucked our planet and society is, that model is no longer sustainable. Nowadays both parents need to work and find good jobs and start having kids in their early 20's at the absolute soonest. Despite this scenario we are still horny and need to have sex. If you take your birth control seriously there is no possible chance your woman gets pregnant. Use a condom and if there is a break immediately go and have the woman take Plan B. OR if the woman gets an IUD there's also zero chance of pregnancy. The only reason the drug companies have to say 99% effective is they don't want to deal with lawsuits from THOTS who purposely fucked up their birth control so they would get pregnant and then hire a lawyer to sue the birth control manufacturer.

Long story short you need to get your fucking on by 16. And do a lot of it before you get married or have kids. It's very easy to do it safely. DO NOT trust a woman who says "oh I'm on birth control so don't worry about it".

I have 3 male friends who are dads and the woman said "oh I'm on the pill don't worry about it"

>idiot hears pro-abstinence argument
>"I cant believe this lmao"
>idiot proceeds to have kid by accident
>"I CANT BELIEVE THIS OMFG"
Same song different dance

It's not bad at all, I absolutely love getting fucked, truly the best way to spend an evening or a weekend.
But denying the reality that kids are an outcome of sex, and if you absolutely don't want to have kids then you probably shouldn't have sex is stupid as shit.

Excluding rape, I fail to see how you cannot choose not to have sex.
You can risk to have babies, no one denies you that possibility. But you either accept the risk to have babies and fuck, or not accept it and not fuck. It's fine if you want to risk it, I'd argue it's not particularly wise.

>platitudes
>"just say no"
All anybody is saying is that if you can't afford a kid, one popping up is going to fuck you up
>inb4 'just abort it'
Yeah abortion's hella easy man they just blow on the baby and it falls right out

I don't get it-- what are you arguing?
That having a kid you can't afford is fine and we should just be aborting casual sex babies left and right? I don't understand your argument
OP's debater said nothing wrong. If you can't afford the kid, definitely don't do unsafe sex and if you're not really sure you can keep it safe, just stick to oral

If any of you had ANY sex at all, like even a bit you'd know that penis-in-vagina is far from the only thing you can enact in bed to get your rocks off, but then if you'd had sex at all we wouldn't even be having this debate at any level

Nobody gives a fuck.
People who dont live deliberately dont deserve to live at all.

> I fail to see how you cannot choose not to have sex.

t.simpleton

There's no 100% safe birth control method.
I know kids who were born despite IUD. It's rare, but it happens. And I say this as someone who is on IUD, has had sex without condom for over 4 years with no scare whatsoever - extremely safe method, not fool proof.
Same for plan B. What if a woman doesn't want to take it?

Again, no 100% sure method.

Is the simpleton the one who has control over their actions or the one that doesn't

No one forces you at gunpoint to stick your dick into girls.
You can choose not to have it. If you want to risk kids at all, don't fuck. If you're okay with a risk, fuck. Try to make the risk as little and acceptable as possible.

> woman is on IUD
> 1/100,000 chance of getting pregnant
> somehow gets pregnant

then go get an abortion.

I really don't see the issue here.

It's always women that like to push this issue, and I think it's because they like having the excuse card they can play "oh well it's the birth control's fault".

If a woman selects a BC, uses is religiously, and doesn't contaminate it with something she's not supposed to she WON'T get pregnant.

But hey believe comforting lies, it's what women are best at.

The one that thinks anyone has free will is the simpleton

>implying you can always get an abortion

And 1/10 000 risk means that some women do get pregnant. And no birth control method is foolproof.
Don't lie to yourself.

I’m arguing that it’s technically correct that abstinence is the best method but it’s the most ridiculous to teach because it ignores the real world.

And yes “just say no” is an platitude. Fuck.

>just abort it bro lol
Ask me how I know you're a man

A great man once said:

"women make an emotional decision, then use backwards logic to support that decision".

Women want to make a baby with a man they chose to have sex with.

Ensuring this doesn't happen (unfortunately) has to be on the man. Women can never be trusted 100%. Best case scenario you find a woman you can give 95% trust to.

Simplistic and reductionist thinking

Lmao this bullshit again

>I’d say if you absolutely cannot afford to have kids then you should avoid having unsafe sex and possibly sex all together
>What do I call this type of thinking?
Smart to a certain extent, you gotta have sex sometime but do it with a girl you love and want to keep forever

I didn't say "just say no" you dumb fucking retard but since none of you have ever actually willingly gotten a sober girl into bed, that's a little too fucken hard to get across now isn't it?
The fact is if you've had sex with someone who's got a responsible bone somewhere in their body you've probably covered this with them and have a plan with them, but that's the thing, I'm assuming you're not a complete fucken retard and that is apparently a huge misgiving-- as per you guys yourselves, all with this 'we're not deliberate!' and 'we totally succumb to impulse!'

I mean if we want this discussion it's a whole discussion, but it needs to be had by adults-- and that's the problem, there's a ton of angles to this that we could approach from but since you guys are still at that stage of 'sexual interaction is PENIS IN VAGINA!,' there is no discussion, it's just "lol abort it if it happens bro"

Seriously guys there's a million ways to get your rocks off without penis in vagina
What is wrong with all of you

Your friend sounds like a smart dude. A man who can control his sexual desires.
You should learn from him.

Effective. In almost all civilisations throughout history if you conceive an unplanned child that you can't afford you are FUCKED. Not to mention the biblical amounts of STDs that could disfigure you or kill you. The idea that sex is just a universal hobby that's fun and harmless is extremely modern.
You think that having casual sex is just submitting to your biological impulses but the opposite is just as true - the ability to choose to abstain is itself a survival strategy.

There is no such thing as free choice, this is an avoidant philosophy. Why don’t poor people just make more money?

Antiquated. There was a period of time in which people genuinely believed this was the best way to teach children about sex and birth control. It was an absolute disaster. Teen pregnancy and STD transmission was rampant and to make things worse there were absolutely no readily available medical professionals or family planning services to help these people once they became pregnant. Decades of data has shown that abstinence based sex education doesn't work. Decades of data has shown that people are going to have sex. The best way to address this issue is to offer education and resources early on. Provide birth control. Provide free condoms. Provide access to information and medical services that can assist people in making educated sexual decisions. The irony of this is that, statistically speaking, sex education and family planning resources is the cure for abortion yet every conservative and/or evangelical in the U.S. is dead set on killing reproductive services. If you give people free birth control, access to morning after contraceptive and comprehensive sexual education the number of accidental pregnancies drop therefore the number of abortions drop. Long story short, the Bible really fucked us on this one.

As someone who is 30 and has had plenty of unprotected sex with a couple of scares over the years.

If you’re not willing to man up and take responsibility, don’t fucking put yourself in that position then.

We all know that birth control is only ever 90-99% effective. There is always a chance for that shit to just not work. If you aren’t in a position to deal with the consequences, you shouldn’t be taking the risks in the first place.

This

DONT
FUCKING
RIDE
IF
YOU
CANT
AFFORD
THE
AMBULANCE