I got called cringy and controlling for telling a friend who is a girl that I wouldn't date someone who is casually...

I got called cringy and controlling for telling a friend who is a girl that I wouldn't date someone who is casually dating other people at the same time. What do you guys think?

Attached: EternalMood.png (350x300, 24K)

I think your friend gives way too much of a damn about your dating preferences. Maybe she should be less cringy and act on her obvious crush on you, instead of stupid shit tests like these.

>someone who is casually dating other people at the same time
What do you mean, a girl who goes on dates with more than one guy before finding one to make a committed relationship with? Or an open relationship type thing?

fuck em, dont be a cuck

Ya, that is pretty cringe and controlling. Do you not understand how dating works? You date to get an idea if you're compatible before you start a relationship. You're SUPPOSED to date multiple people at once so you can choose the best option. Expecting commitment from someone when you barely know them is clingy, almost creepy.

not OP but i think he meant the former

Just know that youre not a couple until shes rode everyone elses dicks first.

Depends on the context, were you directly asked? Or did you just blurt out your opinion?

I think people are allowed to have preferences. People causally date, wanting someone to yourself isn't cringy or controlling.

Just say that you'd rather date exclusively.

Depends on the context . I wouldn't have an LTR and call someone my gf unless they were monogamous , but I'll definitely go on dates with people that are going on dates with other people.

you're not cringy, you're fine, that's actually healthy and wanting a mutual, caring relationship is the most wonderful thing anyone could ask for.
you're an unfaithful piece of shit who will never find true happiness, at least not in relationships. probably bait but fuck you for even trying to convince a good person into degeneracy. Fuck off.

>trying to convince a good person into degeneracy
haha wtf? so if you go on one date with someone, you're bound to them exclusively til you break it off, even if you're not in a relationship?

I think that's fine and I'm the same and would expect the same of a woman I'm dating. I would be prepared to stop seeing her if she was dating other people.

I think that’s your preference and it’s fine. She shouldn’t judge you and you shod for judge her.

>so if you go on one date with someone, you're bound to them exclusively til you break it off, even if you're not in a relationship?
Swing and a miss. How about go on a date, if you want to continue seeing them, then do so. if you don't, then don't. Focus on one person at a time. People who juggle multiple people simultaneously are looking for polyamory, not monogamy.

The funny thing is women are the biggest proponents of this kind of bullshit and yet they are the ones that get jealous and butthurt when she sees a guy she likes talking to another woman.

And OP that woman is a moron. You're allowed to have whatever preferences you want. Don't let dumbasses try to shame you for being old-fashioned with your approach to relationships. She likely is the type that wants to juggle multiple men, the type who likes to "date around" and have flings whereas people like yourself are looking for meaningful relationships.

>go out on date with someone
>not sure how you feel about them so decide to set up another date eventually
>in the meantime meet some else and go on a date with them
>this is somehow polyamorous degeneracy

>old-fashioned
lmao mate our grandparents did the same shit, going on dates with multiple people til they were exclusive with someone. it's been happening since dating became a thing nearly 70 years ago

"not sure" how you feel about them? Maybe if you like to bullshit your time with them instead of trying to get to know them. If you do it properly you should have a feeling of whether or not they are worth pursuing at the end of the first date. Fuck out of here with "herp derp I don't want to rule out all my options just yet" You're just playing the numbers game instead of looking for something meaningful. It comes naturally when you know what you want. It's something adults do.

Maybe your grandparents were inconsiderate twats to others but not mine. Don't try to rub your shitty upbringing off on others. It's immoral. Some semblance of exclusivity is expected.

You have a strange view of dating. How experienced are you in the subject?

how about this. next time you go on a second date with someone, bring it up that you've been on X dates with Y number of other partners since your first date. get back to us with the reactions.

Attached: hitboxes.jpg (540x370, 26K)

>Resorting to ad hominems because you know you lost the argument
I guess we should have seen this coming.

ok user will do. watch for my thread.

Good idea, it's a good shit test for whether or not they're going to be clingy weirdos in the relationship.

I think that it's fine to prefer simple monogamy over casual polygamy which leads to serious monogamy. Your friend's being a judgemental fuck who felt attacked by your statement.

You're not supposed to date multiple people at the same time. You can date one, see how it goes, if it doesn't go well date someone else. It's not a commitment.

Jesus... all these butthurt as fuck incel who are raging because they can’t even get a single date, so everything must be based upon their own viewpoint of desperation.

Seriously... kinda pathetic,

For the record, I’m a dude, and I only ever went on dates with one person at a time, but y’all really are acting cringe as fuck for getting *this* riled up about it.

Everyone is free to choose to operate how they want to operate. You trying to shame others for not functioning the way you do is hypocritical and pathetic.

Honestly OP. THAT is probably why she probably said it was cringe and controlling, because you were either coming off as a judgmental, angry incel, or too she’s heard that same wording out of the mouths of too many controlling and cringe worthy incels to the point where you got tainted by association.

>incel
>y'all
>doesn't know what hypocritical means
>reddit spacing
what are you doing here, again?

You're not cringy.

While your opinion is entirely valid, whether you are cringy and controlling depends on the context and social situation.

The problem is that you're assuming being controlling is a negative, it's not.

Is it not?

Don’t even worry about it user, they’re just trying to justify their desire to fug multiple people while in a relationship.
If it helps any, (I’m make) my female friend went off on me for saying I won’t go into a relationship where sex is off the table unless kids. (Might make me sound self-centered but who cares and if I don’t care for myself then who will? Remember that user) have a nice day!

Maybe this. But unless we were witness to the actual conversation it's impossible to say if OP was coming off as cringey or controlling.
And user, maybe I missed it somewhere but why are you tossing the incel label at OP? Or at all for that matter?
Seems like you are making a lot of assumptions on OPs conversation.