Men's psychology

Recently came out of my first relationship, and I am confused if I am going to find a man who would stick to its gf/wife.

I am 26 yo and experienced my first relationship when I was 24. People, especially men, tell me I am beautiful, cute and hot. This makes me more paranoid when men approach me, since I know they just wanna fuck. I am not into that. Yeah the attention can be nice, but I want them to see my personality, which I think it's much greater than my looks. This is why it took so long for me to start one relationship. Now that is over, because he told me he wanted to experience also other girls eventually. Ideally, he wanted to have me (because our relationship was going perfectly fine, we fit well with each other, our sex life was active and good as well, which he totally agreed on) and fuck other girls on the side. However, I was not allowed to fuck other men (not that I was interested). I have been told that men are programmed like this, but is this really true? I did believe in monogamy, but are there men out there who do believe in monogamous relationship as well? Or do I always have to be paranoid when I am in a longterm relationship with a guy, because every men cheats? Now that I am single again, and not thinking about going back to him, can I find a partner (male) who isn't going to pull this off on me, considering the situation is perfectly fine? I am very confused and I would like to hear some men perspective on this topic. Thank you.

Attached: 71yjGLHLdXL._SY450_.jpg (321x450, 20K)

dunno I'm a virgin lol

100% agree with you, bump for interest.

Requires a lot of honesty on both sides. The guys that would be honest and not cheat probably have less opportunities to do so and are less desirable.

Also, you have to consider how other women have "groomed" men. These expectations become suspicions and then "well I wasjust out with friends, but I might as well since I am being blamed anyways". Honesty should be everyones #1, but that is hard to find at first glance/convo.

My advice is go for somebody quiet and be open/honest. Consider the porcupine's dilemma as well - men as well are often paranoid if unfaithful women; after all good looking women do good approached often.

All men care about is sex. Luckily for you since you’re hot you can afford to be as selective as you want. Bang a rich guy and live the NEET life as a housewife (pet more like).

Can you elaborate please: Less opportunities because of what?

Plus what do you mean by requiring honesty, for what? Cheating? Or being together without the third-fourth person? I guess both requires honesty to be fair.

Yes, we've been always honest (hence we talked about this). Thank you, I will read about the porcupine's dilemma.

Haha, my father's advice to women (and men) to marry someone rich one day, because the love will disappear, at least you will live the good-life. I never believed him, until this happened to me. Guess there is some truth in it and I should follow his advice.

Guys will cheat of given the opportunity. Because they fall fast in love and fast out but never want to be the one to leave or end it. They'll keep you but take if someone offered. The reason you get a shy or kind guy is because he has no other offers. But should they arise.. I believe they would take them.

Maybe many women are like this too or there are men who aren't but that kind of love is incredibly rare.

>NEET
Too bad I finished grad-school with a well-certified diploma in a well-known university worldwide. I cannot just waste this good brain to be a housewife only :P

So you say:
A. get a dude who will never get approached
B. accept that cheating is normal
C. Get a dungeon and lock my future man up, so he won't get approached ever?

Yeah there's a bunch that would, but you're not a virgin anymore and you're getting close to Christmas Cake age so there's not a chance in hell they'd want you.
Just take what you can get, monogamy and living happily ever after is just a lie sold to you by Disney.

I cannot take your argument serious if you're being so judgmental.

but if that is true, what you're saying at last, would you cry if your partner cheats on you? Will you accept it and remind yourself you don't live by Disney's standards?

From the guy to guy talks you would also think a man who doesnt cheat is impossible. But it is not true, it is just people justifying their shitty behaviour.

However your bf seems like he tried to have his cake and eat it too. He most likely believed you would be a pushover at this and he can manipulate you. Thats why he just didnt flat out cheat, if he believed you wouldnt be a pushover

>people tell i am beatiful, cute and hot
Self flattery much?

No... just follow your instincts and know yourself very well. If you are well aware of yourself as a human, you will decide what other humans are worth your time.

I just read up on the "porcupine" hedgehog dilemma someone shared and I feel it is true. You can't by nature get close to someone without a little bit of pain and it is the same for them. That is why I say love is rare. It is rare and special to find someone special enough to connect with them mutually.

Some people have a nesting gene that makes them less likely to want multiple partners but I'd say the vast majority of men want to have sex with more than one woman even if they pretend they don't. It's kind of hormonal/natural since we are trying to spread our seed and increase the chance of producing offspring. look up the coolidge effect as well. all this being said it doesn't mean every guy will cheat on you just that they're probably attracted sexually to other women.

>However, I was not allowed to fuck other men (not that I was interested). I have been told that men are programmed like this, but is this really true?
No, and your boytoy sounds like a total tool for suggesting such a thing.

Why go out for burgers when you have steak at home?

>He most likely believed you would be a pushover at this and he can manipulate you. Thats why he just didnt flat out cheat, if he believed you wouldnt be a pushover

I don't really get what you're saying here.

>Self flattery much?
I am sorry you interpreted that way, it was more to describe the situation that I've been approached many times by many men but that's what makes it harder for me to select a faithful man who likes me for my character rather than my appearance. Me, I don't really care about my looks, and if I do than I don't consider myself as cute, hot or beautiful.

>monogamy and living happily ever after is just a lie sold to you by Disney
Fuck off with your marxist 60's shit. Free love is a lie.

Man here, in a relationship with a woman i love for 3 years now.

I had multiple occasions when i could cheat on her and didn't. But i did thought a lot about potential hook-ups and past gf and masturbated to that a lot too... The idea of cheating was kinda conforting when she was just insufferable during rough parts of our relationship (1 year long distance she decided unilaterally for example).

Being in a relationship with a woman is hard, you have goals and perspective so different from men that i always try to readjustate my perspective trying to understand your(her) ways. But sometimes i'm just tired of the effort and angry that she's not doing this effort and just being pretentious, judgmental or resorting to archetypes, sometimes very naggingly.

I dunno, relationships are hard and totally not what i expected young. Sometimes i just want to fuck mindelessly and sometimes i'm just in awe in front of my gf and satisfied i did not cave to my instincts...

> Because they fall fast in love and fast out but never want to be the one to leave or end it
It's literally the exact opposite.

Women fall faster, men fall harder. It's why a break up can destroy a man long term.

OP don't listen to these man hating roasties. Just have standards and self respect and you'll be fine.

Guess time and experience will teach him. I never been a feminist (in fact, I hate the modern feministic approaches) but this guy made me wanting to become one! (and then you guys wonder why all the females turns feminists. I believe it is the fault of men, I am sorry).

Feminism is a lie, and that lie is that men and women are absolutely equal in all aspects and interchangeable. The truth is that just isn't the case, and that it's a foolhardy thing to keep pretending it is.

Your boyfriend just sounds like a tool, is all.

Here.

Open and honest I should have said. My girlfriend gets approached at gas stations by men, but she tells me about how troubling it is etc. This never happens to guys as far as I know. There are many many more men who will make passes at women for whatever reason hence more "opportunity to cheat".

I also disagree on the all men will cheat bit others are saying.
My girlfriend wants me to date other women openly "to get the dating experience", but that shit sounds bad, so no. Also, creates a "well you did it, so I can too" situation I do not want.

I know about this approach as I studied something related to Biology. I do not struggle with the idea of him wanting to fuck other girls anymore, but I struggle with the idea that it will come to action. Of course, women also see hot men besides there partner, like I did too. But I was never interested in actually doing so.

Now, imagine you're in a relationship with a perfectly matching partner, and of course as a man you see a lot of hotties (ironically there are going to be more attractive women in your surroundings as you get into a relationship, and even you'll get approached more) what reason will you have to not take action? In short, if you had the chance to cheat with a hot woman, what will be the reason to not give in? As you're a man and having this instincts..

cont.
Also i'm working in a field with mostly women (childcare) and they're facing the same problems, some are cheating the man they're living with without telling him because they are not satisfied and he's not fucking them enough (or how they should, it's hard to ask a romantic Partner for rough sex for example, it's way more fun with someone on the side, so i'm told)., others are just incel like men (and so many very beautiful women are single !)

>what reason will you have to not take action? In short, if you had the chance to cheat with a hot woman, what will be the reason to not give in? As you're a man and having this instincts..
The fact you have a good woman at home? If a girl isn't good enough to make you not want to fuck around, why bother wasting her time by dating her.

This.
Men lacking leadership doesn't mean be a feminist; means you would have to lead.
Do have to give you the fault of men part to an extent though; that and women are stereotyped as being unable to lead. Is a shame.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I think a lot of men are experiencing this and it is a very realistic portraiture of having a relationship. I think having a man that doesn't give in to his instincts and stays loyal to the partner is what she should be grateful of, despite your past cravings ( I totally understand).

I'm just being honest
This is Jow Forums, if you want someone to lie and tell you it'll be alright go to plebbit

Like your conservashit 50's shit is any better?
Only retards want to be tied down these days
Incel losers like you think you want it, but as soon as you get your dick wet you'll realize chasing tail has never been easier and wasting your youth with one girl is the dumbest thing you could do

>Like your conservashit 50's shit is any better?
Plenty better, you disgusting hippy.
>Only retards want to be tied down these days
You sound like such a pleasant person.
>Incel losers like you think you want it, but as soon as you get your dick wet you'll realize chasing tail has never been easier and wasting your youth with one girl is the dumbest thing you could do
Just a great guy in general, this one. Go smoke some pot and shut the fuck up, adults are talking.

Honestly, I appreciate the insight. My girlfriend works with the disabled, and she comes across many of the same opinions. One of her bosses was "loaning" her husband out until they both came down the hepatitis.

Communication being key aside; there's a lot of stupid/fucked up people out there who you shouldn't take any advice from.

Reverse psychology. Does this work?

It is the opposite. It is retards who "love freely" and confuse it with the giving love (e.g. agape, the emptying form of love viz jesus).
You will end up with lies, hurt feelings, misplaced responsibilities, and whatever else. Not saying you aren't proactive in your vetting process, but if you play in traffic, you are more likely to get hit.

>Go smoke some pot and shut the fuck up, adults are talking.

Attached: f2mba5spaj701.jpg (1536x2048, 290K)

I heard cheating still happens even if you love your girl at home (who isn't lacking anything else or isn't enough).

In what context? Yes it can work. Life in many ways can be treated rigorously, byt the reality is that these strategies work in the right context. Reverse psychology is a little disengenious and bordering dishonest imo, but your mileage will vary. I wouldnt use it on a partner unless it was blatantly thinly veiled. This is where a common sense of humor translates things in a good relationship I guess.

I guess maybe if you date cunts like the above user. Just goes to show you should be really selective with who you fuck.

>go fuck everybody you want, it's the adult thing to do!

Well fortunately I am in a relationship with the same girl for 5 years. I have never lost the desire to fuck other women. I have once drunkenly kissed another girl at a low point in our relationship. The guilt led me to tell her immediately and after a rocky few months we were back on track. I don't think I'd ever act on my desires again because of how much it hurt her. I try not to hide my sexual desires from her which also motivates me to stay faithful. Usually after we've had sex I forget all about other women too. I guess communication and regular sex will prevent infidelity. Hope you enjoy my blog

Ofcourse I won't turn as an actual feminist. He wanted to be the alpha-man (never spoken, but actions and behavior kind of confirmed) but he lacked the leadership, so overall failure. As someone else before said. He is a tool and love made me blind not to see this before.

Thanks for the answer, actually it's sometimes thoughts i struggle with and found no one to talk about with, so your acknowledgment is great, really.

>i dont really get what you are syaing

I meant that he thought you would agree to the proposition of him sleeping around while you wouldnt. If he didnt think like that he would just cheat and try to keep it a secret.

>i am sorry you felt it that way

Well it does look like it though a bit doesnt it?

Also, unless it really is in a online chatroom like Jow Forums, it is impossible for somebody to just care for your character. I am sad to say it user but your looks will always be the first thing people notice and if you are actually beatiful, vute and hot it would also spell bad news for you. The man who will approach women like that are not the type of men who usually approach only one women at a time normally. A partner who will be faithful might think you are out of their league and not approach you while a guy who wont be faithful but approaches everybody might be in your presence because he simply tries with everybody.

Yeah, mostly people trying to rationalize their choices. It's hard not to be judging, sexuality is way more complicated when it's not random hook-ups but relationships that last, and sometimes the urges you feel are not directed towards the person you choose and what define us as a person is what we're doing with the hand we're dealt with, i think...

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy for you it worked out perfectly fine. She seems like a nice person (who forgive you for something stupid), don't break her heart anymore! :P

Not really. Men fall faster and fall oit fast and then the effect hits them later. Women fall slower in and slower out and then recover quicker. But men and women can both love deeply. I've loved the same man for like 7 years even though we have barely been together in that time. And he feels the same. It's rare though.

Thanks for elaborating your answer. And yeah I agree with whatever you're saying about my looks and the bad luck I have coming with it. I am not into self flattering, far from it. I thought it would be relevant to describe the situation more clearly and how it adds up to the struggle I am going with. Exact struggle you're now describing, get it?

I think i do, but no not really.

I have never been approached by girls in my life so never had the problem of "are they talking to me because of my looks". And once you are in that situation you need to just cut your losses. I heard the "you're a very nice guy but.." talk one too many times at this point.

Is sth like that what you meant?

>Also, unless it really is in a online chatroom like Jow Forums, it is impossible for somebody to just care for your character. I am sad to say it user but your looks will always be the first thing people notice and if you are actually beatiful, vute and hot it would also spell bad news for you. The man who will approach women like that are not the type of men who usually approach only one women at a time normally. A partner who will be faithful might think you are out of their league and not approach you while a guy who wont be faithful but approaches everybody might be in your presence because he simply tries with everybody

You describe exactly what I am struggling with. That's why I gave the information that people tell me I am cute, hot and whatever. Because it makes the description of the situation relevant. When these stupid men approach me I know it's bc they wanna fuck me due to my looks, and often care less for a deeper meaning relationship. Hence why I never gave in to men, until I met this guy who I did have my first relationship with. Yes, ofcourse, he saw me and approached me due to my looks... but we also very well matched with our interests and life values. He was at first saying that he want to have a monogamous relationship, too. Which might have been true in that case, but it changed and he became more like any other men with their instincts (wanting to fuck other women). Although he was honest, I felt like he broke my trust because he said A first but followed with B. That is why I am confused, if men are always like this.. then I might as well just give up on craving for a monogamous relationship and also just be unfaithful and the "good girl".

>Why wouldn't you [murder, rape, steal, cheat, etc] if you thought you could get away with it?

People operate on more than just instincts. Most people have principles. Some people actually live by them. You have to find those guys.

Okay dummy, allow me to explain to you how attraction works. Guys are always going to be attracted to you physically first. This then leads to them getting to know you more, which will cause some of them to become attracted to your personality.

You are obviously damaged, and until you address that, you will attract damaged guys. It's a self fulfilling prophesy. You're only going to end up with shitty guys because you are going to drive away the decent ones with your insecurities.

>I have been told that men are programmed like this, but is this really true?
That is just bullshit they make up to justify their behavior. There are no hard wired biological patterns like that.

He just wanted the benefits of being single and being in a relationship while not caring if you are ok with it and not being allowed the same thing. Probably would have hurt is fragile "manliness". In other words he was acting like a manipulative asshole.

And of course not all men are like that. Some might be but so are some women. Just make clear you are into long term relationships and approach with reasonable dobut. Otherwise you always have to trust your partner and trust can be betrayed or rewarded. So is the nature of human relationships.

Oh ok now i get it.

Now there is always the reality of people changing with time. Maybe your ex was indeed meaning A and later changed his mind to B, but this is a rarity. You dont really change your mind on this after formative years.

So, most likely he just hid his true self from you. Although this is something rarely someone would admit openly (i should be able to fuck around but my partner cant).

About all man being like that though, i can honestly say that no not all man are like that. I will not even give myself as an example, i have a friend who is really charismatic and good with girls but even with ample opportunity he never cheats on his partner. I am talking about naturally charismatic and good looking kind of guy but even when he was forced to go to a brothel to take some out of town colleagues there he didnt cheat.

I hope thats a good enough answer for you, there are guys who just follow through what they say. Granted it actually is a useless answer since people just well... lie.

Hope this was helpful for you?

>That is just bullshit they make up to justify their behavior. There are no hard wired biological patterns like that.
Sexual behaviour of men and and women is clearly very different, you are in denial

Point me to the exact location of the gene that makes men behave like that. Pro tip: You can't because it's pseudo-scientific bullshit. There are biological influences as well as social and cultural influcenes in human sexual behavior but their interaction is far more complex than that.

Most behavior isn't even linked to gender but to humans in general. They guy in OPs post just thought he could get his way if he tricked her into it.Women do this as well.

>Although he was honest, I felt like he broke my trust because he said A first but followed with B. That is why I am confused, if men are always like this..
My ex gf said she'd never cheat on me and guess what happened. That doesn't mean all women are whores. A break up can be really traumatic but that's life I guess. Maybe your attitude towards men is too passive and you've got to take steps to get to get to know guys who you think would suit you instead of letting the guys do all the approaching. Men who'll do that are more likely the more outgoing type. The homelier guys are not out there hitting on chicks teling them they're pretty

That is some good advice. If you are overly distrusting of guys and behaving passive most decent guys won't be attracted to you. While the not so-decent guys will notice your insecurity and try to get beyond your defenses.

Literally every civilization in all of human history is enough proof imo.

>Making general points about human history
Not what I asked you for. I asked for evidence on a biological level. If you want to argue about human history you would need to proof how exactly societal and cultural developments and biological evolution are linked. And that is still up fore debate and likely will be for some time. So don't go around and spread stuff without sufficent evidence.

>Uhm, can you PROVE that water is wet though?

Men are more into casual sex than women, period. Just look at any website or place that is about casual sex and you will see a disproportionate number of men. And how many times have you heard of a woman telling a man that she wants a relationship just to get him to sleep with her?

It also makes sense from an evolutionary point of view.
Man sleeps with many women -> lots of children

Woman is bad at selecting a quality partner -> she is stuck with a child on her own

I know you’re trying to bring logic into this conversation, but this is Jow Forums. Those days are over. That being said, I agree with you, and anyone who says men aren’t wired for mongomy is just another fool of many who doesn’t understand what basic self-control is.

Dear OP.

yes, there are loyal monogamous males that will never cheat that will make long life partners.

just lurk on r9k and incel comunities to see the extreme example of guys who want virgin monogamous relationships.

However, the more physically atractive and more succesfull male, the more options he will have, so the less chances he will be into a monogamous relationship.

If you're looking for a loyal beta husband, your best bet will be to look into any place where STEM nerds gather.

Usually some CS male student will the perfect loyal husband, since he's very socially inept and lack experience with girls.

If you're a physically atractive girl, maybe your best bet is to get a CS student you find not physically atractive, but a nice personality.

Take into account he will be most of the time a soft weak submissive male into geek stuff, however that's the best chance to get a loyal guy who will never cheat on you, because he lacks usually options with girls.

Also, another benefit of CS grads is that their job market is booming and they usually have the highest wages from all STEM jobs when they hit 35.

If you're not looking for a physically atractive male, but want a loyal husband with a nice middle age income, a CS grad is usually your best bet.

Also, it would be a good idea to get one while you're still young and hot, so you can settle and make kids before you start to hit the wall.

>anyone who says men aren’t wired for mongomy is just another fool of many who doesn’t understand what basic self-control is
Literally every man wants to fugg other women. Of course you can control those urges but I never denied that. I believe in loyalty and I am loyal man myself.

>Men are more into casual sex than women, period
That is what is called an description. Doesn't explain much on itself. Also refering to self-evidential "truths" if you are being stuck in an argument isn't exactly evidence.

Without further testing that observation is pretty worthless in fact. Especially if you want to make an argument about what causes that behavior. Just refering to some very general understanding of phylogenetic evolution isn't proving anything either.

For example it is a well established fact that women experience a varying degree of negative social reactions for casual dating. This could be as well a pure biological or social effect or a mixture of both. Not saying there aren't any biological factors. But isn't that simple as that.

Just fuck other men on the side. Most women know a guy will cheat eventually, so why not make your next business trip a bit sweeter with a nice co-worker, or check the local Tinder market.

Oh, but ditch the runts who think they can control you, as your ex tried. Unless, as mentioned above, he's willing to finance you a luxury lifestyle, in that case it'd be fine (although you could still seek your pleasures elsewhere, but a bit more discreetly).

I guess you are right. I still believe that there is some hope at times.

And you believe women don't feel anything "down there" if they see an attractive man? Don't fool yourself to believe women are less superfical than men. They just act less upon it.

>t. 20 yo philosophy student

You just want to argue the point for the sake of it and I don't care enough to get into a deep argument about this. It doesn't even matter for OP wether the reason is biological or not.

I’m a guy and I feel similar to you. I don’t want to be used by women.

I’m the same age as you too

Making points on the level of meta-discussion and calling people names isn't that bright, ya know? I didn't even start that discussion. In the beginning I was reacting to the question of OP and giving her actual advice.

>Get a dungeon and lock my future man up, so he won't get approached ever?
I don't think I'd mind that so much, sounds romantic.

You sound like a roastie trying to drag someone with integrity down to your level.

You'll find the right guy eventually. I've been with the same girl for a long time, and she's the only one I want. Other girls have thrown themselves at me, and there's no temptation for a second. It took her a while to believe, and it will for you too. Just be upfront about what you're looking for early on, and see how pushy he gets for sex. You'll be able to pick up on how truthful men are a little better eventually.

hahaha If you give me your contact, I will approach you by the time I got a house with a basement...but be careful what you wish for..

I am happy guys like you exist! Tell me where do this type of men hang out and I can get one for myself :P

Yeah, I have been honest with him since day 1. Just told him what my standards, values and expectations are and he agreed with me. As I wrote before, he changed his mind so many times that I got tired of it and left him. Yes, there is some truth and faith in his game, but he lacked responsibility (relationships are hard work, it is not all the time that you're feeling good with each other)..for sure he didn't have any patience, and perhaps he lacked respect to me as I read people's perspectives. So the relationship wasn't meant to be and I am happy to read men can be like this. I was almost turning into a lesbian.

Haha, I was a STEM student myself. These men aren't any better as you wrote. But I agree, at least they will make money :)

>And you believe women don't feel anything "down there" if they see an attractive man? Don't fool yourself to believe women are less superfical than men. They just act less upon it.

yes this is true (coming from a woman's perspective). We have less desires to act upon, but we can have the same reason as men: it is exciting, new, naughty, etc. I think women are more disciplined in not acting upon then men (also evolutionary reasons)

yep, 100% agreed

How do you know I am damaged? It is funny that you say that since you're assuming things based on small information. Please, don't be so judgmental. And if that is true, that was not my point of the discussion: I just wanted to know how men think about monogamy.

It's hard when guys will say whatever they have to in order to get a woman in bed. My gf tried the lesbian thing before she met me. I'm lucky that was disappointing to her too. If you get desperate you could try being sneaky. Ask a guy how he feels about open relationships, and if he isn't convincingly against them move on.

men are horny. well atleast i am
i in the long term relationship but idea of ffm is buzzing in my head. especialy we had some porderline threesome experience when we was drunk. i probably will put a lid on it but it upset me deeply. i wish my gf was bi so she would be intrested in thatbut she isnt. but relationship is much more importanrt then fetishes

>76 replies
Ohhh you almost got me. Cheeky bait!

I think the best advice I can give you from my experience is that you mustn't be paranoid of any man who finds you attractive, but you MUST consider carefully what traits you're picking, especially at your age.

If he's willing to implode his life for you, don't pick him. This is something I've seen young women do. "Oh, he's romantic." No, he's irresponsible and flakey. You're a novel thing for his dopamine addicted mind to chase after, and when the novelty wears off, so does the relationship.

If he gets angry because you point out something he could do better, don't pick him. A longterm relationship requires you two to be honest with one another in a calculating, downright conspiring way. You have your personas, which you show the rest of the world, and then the two puppeteers behind that, coordinating and providing feedback.

You get the idea? You literally have your pick here. Here's an idea. Think about it like this. "If I were surrounded by people like this person, would the world be a better place?"

Attached: 1522198305962.png (946x832, 164K)

People can still see your personality and be legit fwbs with you too. Like go to movies and whatever. Just have to establish that norm, while reenforcing the friend status and not delving into relationship talk. Friends can also be intimate. It's fine to not want that, but it's not all black and white.

I'll look forward to the day!

Upbringing and environment. Look at his friends, if they are all in and out of relationships, cheating, etc then the likelihood he will do the same increases. Hard to not be the default unless he's expressed the desire for monogamy. Polygamy can be seen as a very immature outlook on relationships, not age related as older men still cheat right. If he values family and you he will express that and remain in a monogamous relationship. If this does not sound like your partner than I suggest you leave. Anyone who justifies polygamy or isn't disgusted by these ideas are literally degenerates who want to bring you down to their pathetic level for their own personal reasons.

OP, not all men will cheat.

Look at other women and find them attractive, yes (let's not pretend you're the only attractive person in the world, come on now), but finding someone attractive doesn't mean you need to fuck them.

That said, him wanting to have sex with other women isn't that odd either; it's just a physical thing in that situation I think, unless there are other massive issues in your relationship pushing you apart. When I say "just a physical thing" I don't mean that you have to approve of him doing it, or stay with him if he does, but it's not necessarily him trying to get away from you or anything.

If you want to be with other women you don't really love her. Might as well let her find someone who wants just her, and go get all those fantasies out of your system.

Look, I get you a lot. I may be a dude, but I'm the one that listens to everybody rant about their lives for comfort. I know this kind of thing.

To be perfectly blunt, men SHOULD think with their head and not their crotch, doesn't mean they will, cheating does happen. Just look at the divorce rates.
Thing is, cheating isn't the only reason to break up. Case in point, your bf. He didn't break up with you because his dick told so, it was more than that. He wants to have more experiences with other women in life to see how he fairs. I can say this with property because I'm currently in my 3 anniversary with my first ever gf. The only reason I don't do something similar is because I don't much care for the anxiety attacks I had back when I was on the hunt, plus my gf really is marriage material, but we do bring this point from time to time.

I think that in this situation you should support him because, unless he's lying, he's trying to find himself in the world, plus keeping him around might make him come back when he feels prepared.
But to answer you main question, men can and will be dicks. As any other person for that matter. Be happy you got to spend quality time with someone who isn't.

I didn't read most of the thread but fuck me sideways why couldn't I have met you instead of my angry wife?

Life sucks.