Medical Advice

Never been on Jow Forums before, but I guess that's as good as time as any to come.

So basically, I think I have an intestinal tapeworm, and reading online spooki shit I'm worried af. I booked an appointment for next Monday. But I'm super self conscious about if he will have to see my ass or shit or something, all the online websites I used basically said I'm fucked unless I go to a doctor and I couldn't find any "cure-all" for it.

So... What should I do?

Attached: 5f3aaef6d19ce6e97bb6b91e38e72281.jpg (500x746, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nhs.uk/conditions/threadworms/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tapeworms are treated with literally a single pill. They might examine your stool for eggs but, no, they don't look at your ass. That's for pinworms.

I want to reiterate that it's literally one pill.

A tapeworm is a pretty damn specific ailment. What reason do you have for thinking you have a tapeworm?

I've seen stringy, kind of stringy stuff in my "stool".

Also abdominal discomfort, if I didn't force myself to eat I probably would have not eaten today. According to Google images and info it was like apendages or some stuff.

What pill?

And when I mean stringy I don't mean like an centimetre or two, it looked about 5 inches +

CDC says there are under 1,000 tapeworm infections per year in the US. I would be shocked if you had a parasite unless you were mucking around in animal feces and eating undercooked meat.

Maybe undercooked meat, considering my girlfriend can't cook for ass. The steak was blood red inside, with some even coming out of it, but the streak itself was vacuum sealed from a brand shop. And I live in UK

Is there itching involved? Says this is common in the UK and thread looking which tapeworms normally have larger casts.

nhs.uk/conditions/threadworms/

Negative chief, like i responded before, the worms aren't small 1-2cm strings, it looks like a passed through plastic string, about 4 inches in length and about 1 cm in with

Go to the doctor and stop being a faggot. He's a doctor. It's merely a procedure.

Fuckin shy why do you think I'm here asking for the cure all

Well the treatment is an Rx drug so you don't have much you can do if that is the diagnosis. You'll probably have to go in for multiple tests though to make sure they are cleared. Parasites will often increase your eosinophil count on a CBC so that might be a sign that you have worms.

At this rate I might as well just shove a hoover pipe in and hope for the best

Cure all's don't exist. I'm shy too. I never had an issue with doctors. Just once, go in, let him do his thing, and when you're through with the experience and you see how terribly unsexual and uneventful the entire thing is you'll see what I mean and you'll never have an issue again.

I've been to a doctor in my GP, shame the GPS I'm London suck big dick, I injured my knee during snowboarding accident, went to the emergency room with a knee sized of a small child's head, got prescribed the exact meds as my girlfriends dad for his stomach.

I'm not worried that they are gonna finger me, I'm worried that during that 10 minute appointment they are gonna take my height and weight again instead of looking at the damn problem.

Oh, then wtf is there to be shy about?
Also pro tip.. let's say you totally nailed it. You have a tape worm.

Do you know how many times a day dumbass hypochondriac Dr Google retards come in and TELL the doctor what they have?

Go in and tell the doctor what you're experiencing, don't say what you think it is, just let him do his job, if you don't like it, go get a second opinion. But do not, unless you have a previous diagnosis and it's on record and the doctor can confirm there tell a doctor what you think you have.

They'll dismiss you I because they'll lot you in with the idiots whether or not you.know how to properly research and assess.
There also comes a point when you've gotta accept you are not a doctor, a lot of symptoms overlap, and being sure you have something doesn't mean you have it.

One final tip: like 95% of pains symptoms and stuff are usually huge nothing's unless you have a fever. A fever is a signal something is seriously wrong. If you really want a thorough checking say you've been getting fevers.

>Litterally see what looks like a tapeworm backed up by symptoms and ways of getting it.
>"lmao bro you don't even understand if you have it bro"

Okay dumbass

That's not what I'm saying... What I'm saying is doctors have heard enough people say what they have with authority that even if you've totally nailed it, the moment you say "I have this" you've lotted yourself in with the others and the doctor won't take you seriously.. that's when they do shit like take your height and weight as you said.

How dare you, sir. Clearly OP has a prestigious M.D. from WebMD, which is why he is asking for advice on Jow Forums.

Man you should have seen earlier on /b/. Someone actually came back from their doctor and didn't like the doctor's advice on doubling their medication and unironically asked /b/ if it was ok.

It can be helpful to doctors to say if you suspect something. It can point the doctor in the right direction, or give them something to consider. You are the expert in how your body feels.

HOWEVER, the doctor is the expert in medicine. Don't be an asshole, trust their conclusions, try the treatment, and don't dig in your heels if it's not the answer you expected or wanted to hear.

Yeah you've definitely put it a lot better than I did.

Every time there is a health professions thread on Jow Forums all the in-fighting between careers eventually ends up going away because of our shared hatred for the know-it-all, demanding, dumbass, patients.

I never did, there is different types and I don't know which one it is, but all the evidence and symptoms point to it.

I'm not gonna roll up to the doc like "oh yeah gimme an x-ray and meds.

Just go to the doctor and get it checked out mate. Get it helped now instesd of later when it could worse