Nobody needs a gun

Let's look at the common arguments for why we NEED guns.

>home defense
The WEAKEST of all possible arguments. If your gun is properly secured (unloaded, locked in a safe, with trigger lock) then how exactly are you going to have time to get to your gun? Add in the panic that many people would be feeling, you're going to be bumbling around trying to unlock your gun and load the ammo, during which time you could have been calling 911. The only way in which a gun would be effective for home defense would be to keep it loaded, unlocked, and within easy reach - which would then make it easy for anyone else (including children) to access the gun.

>PROTECT ME FROM DA TYRANNICAL GOVMENT!
Laughable. So your handgun or rifle is going to be effective against a government armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, artillery, fighter jets, etc? Even if you're one of these heavily armed militia groups living on a remote compound, how long do you really think you could hold out against a government bent on subjugation?

>hunting
Humans managed to hunt just fine for thousands of years before the invention of firearms.

>protection
There are safer, non-lethal means of self-protection. Mace, pepper spray, stun guns, etc. By introducing a gun into the mix, you're escalating the situation into a lethal one. There's also a very good chance that your gun could be used against you. And if you're in an area there there might be dangerous wildlife, do you really think your handgun is going to be an effective form of protection against a charging mountain lion or grizzly bear?

>i-i-if everyone had guns then mass shootings would never happen!
Oh yeah, think about all those massacres that were stopped by brave gun toting citizens! Sandy Hook, Columbine, Virginia Tech, San Bernadino, Pulse, Vegas, the list goes on!

>because I CAN
Ah, the good old "ME" argument, and what it usually boils down to. You don't really NEED a gun, but you WANT a gun. At least be honest about it.

Attached: no_guns_allowed.jpg (2000x2000, 394K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dJUaGUlkFqw
youtube.com/90xfZJQzAhc
youtu.be/90xfZJQzAhc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 41ee33b94e8b32d9dd5ff6766bcf5be46de2d870766af536fbb12af7a5d75813.jpg (570x806, 86K)

The US won't have guns in 30-40 years. Just give it some time.

>just fucking punch people instead
way cooler

Fuck off faggot

Kill yourself.

In before this garbage reaches bump limit.

Attached: mcfucking-kill-yourself.jpg (200x200, 10K)

how am i suppose to hurt innocent people, huh?! didn't think of that now did ya, communist

Just live in a gun free zone.
2ez. Next question.

>memeflag

Attached: 1541601144757.png (1111x597, 573K)

>blah blah blah
Dear Demorats, Please, please take our guns so we can beat your skulls in with rocks and chains.

Attached: hidden-gun-safe.gif (360x202, 1.65M)

Brenton predicted this!

>kikeposting
All fields lads

you got me, I want guns

>home defense
Be responsible, and you don't need a safe or trigger lock

>protection from government
somebody will post the comprehensive explanation of how shit your argument is

>hunting
not a serious argument in defense of 2A

>MAD theory
Yeah, just list off a bunch of shootings where the people weren't armed and call it checkmate

>because I can
Nobody uses this argument. You may be mistaking it for the GOD-GIVEN RIGHT argument

Attached: 71fORgzT5ZL._SY679_.jpg (453x679, 32K)

Are you advocating for the complete disarmament of a nation (including military and law enforcement), or just its civilian populace?

also:
>1 post by this ID

big black nigger cock

this niggtard wants to take us back to the stone age

Attached: jew.png (473x473, 224K)

The problem with you retards is that you go on and on about how the world should be according to your utopian vision. You narcissistic cunts can't face reality.

shall not be infringed

Unless a person is stupidly negligent, violently impulsive, or mentally unsound, that person is no more dangerous to others when he has a gun than when he is unarmed. Because such a person is no more dangerous to society armed than unarmed, to deny the right to effective self-defense is unjustified.

If someone does have one or more of those attributes, please explain why such a person should be able to vote. Again,
> stupidly negligent
> violently impulsive
> mentally unsound
Someone having those traits should not vote. They can only make the world a worse place by doing so. Unless you have a plan in mind for identifying and disenfranchising those people, then your plan to disarm them is just disingenuous posturing because you want good, harmless people disarmed and violently, insane, negligent people voting. Which means I must assume you are not looking out for the best interests of our republic and disregard your opinion.

Attached: 9u40h5ywm48y.jpg (1097x900, 56K)

I WANT a gun.

Can't tell if bait or you are just fucking stupid. "Bbbbbbbut the whole government will all go after you" yeah, the military, most fucking conservative group, they're gonna attack their own people. You'd be lucky if you got 30% of the military to turn. Go back to Syria Ahmed. I'm sure it's better there.

nobody needs or even wnts you faggot but we haven't banned faggots yet

It's a bill of rights. Not a bill of needs.

I wonder who is behind this post

Attached: subtle---shostakovichs-the-nose-in-sydney.jpg (450x299, 33K)

Britbong here

The Government took our guns and it caused an increase in violent crime and gang crime.

>Humans managed to hunt just fine for thousands of years before the invention of firearms.

Yea.. except before guns animals were subject to a slow painful death compared to a quick shot to their vitals with a gun.

>There are safer, non-lethal means of self-protection. Mace, pepper spray, stun guns, etc.

All banned in the UK because of the "who needs to carry x" argument. Also these don't always work

The UK had massacres since the initial restriction of guns, each time a massacre happened it got tightened up even more and yet we still had the Cumbria shootings.

Now they want to take away our knives (which we already cant use for self defence)

Your bait was obvious but I know there's a lot of lurkers so gotta educate some fuckers.

Attached: 1241515636.jpg (352x480, 60K)

It’s not about the gun it’s about the bill of rights. We are given guns in the constitution and if I give them up I give up all my rights.

Funny how liberals aren’t talking about isreal bombing Gaza Strip

Attached: japposter.png (872x886, 220K)

I agree
I'll give up my guns when the police and military do too, we can achieve global peace by disarming the world

The people in that mosque probably needed guns
For real though prohibition never works
Take Mexico and the whole of south America
Strictest guns laws most gun crime in the world
Stop trying to control people's lives you authoritarian fuck

>Ah, the good old "ME" argument, and what it usually boils down to. You don't really NEED a gun, but you WANT a gun. At least be honest about it.

Based OP calling out gunfags - just babies who want their toys.

>Humans managed to hunt just fine for thousands of years before the invention of firearms.
Humans were travelling across the world fine with boats and horses. Why do we need planes? Literally fuck off.

Attached: B916175C-5651-40ED-9928-BD46A0371163.png (545x530, 209K)

>home defense
CCW
300m guns are a deterrent. see pic related

>protection
you're a coward. You would have recommended Jews to not resist in order to appease Hitler
>mass-shootings
Just ask yourself what would have happened if there were armed people defending the place
sopped massacres are not in the NEWS, because, they're not massacres

Attached: red team - war games civil war.png (1315x890, 555K)

Automatic weapons are illegal in France but that didn't stop some Muslim scum from conducting the Bataclan Massacre.
>NEVER FORGET

I wonder why we don't have recurrent mass shootings in gun fairs
With so many guns, how come THERE WERE NOT MASS SHOOTINGS YET?
can you explain it to me, OP?

The police need them and that alone is justification enough for any law abiding citizen to also own one

Based Jap (or American military living there, most likely).

well, they used knives too, carved people after shooting them

Attached: france bataclan.jpg (528x685, 75K)

Nobody needs islam.

Good thing it’s the Bill of Rights and not the Bill of Needs. The only time I need a weapon is when commies like you tell me I don’t

"Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusets? And can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20. years without such a rebellion. The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independant 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century and a half for each state. What country ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? *The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.* Our Convention has been too much impressed by the insurrection of Massachusets: and in the spur of the moment they are setting up a kite to keep the hen yard in order. I hope in god this article will be rectified before the new constitution is accepted."
-Thomas Jefferson, 1787, discussing Shays Rebellion

OP is literally manure for the tree of liberty.

Are you stupid or retarded? You must have an extra chromosome.

>And if you're in an area there there might be dangerous wildlife, do you really think your handgun is going to be an effective form of protection against a charging mountain lion or grizzly bear?

It actually was when I ran into one.

Sure, I'll give up all my guns, but you are criminally liable for any crimes committed against me.
Deal?

"And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? *The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure"
-Jefferson, 1787

Like I said before memeflag, Jefferson referred to your side as manure for the tree of liberty.

"We need GUNS to stop people from taking our GUNS" -pro

"In a world where everybody gets along, GUNS are a tool oppression" -con

Its a circular cluster fuck...lol. PRO-gun side has a tendancy to distrust power structures. CON-gun side has a desire to collectivize and form into groups. Polar opposites from an ideological and worldview perspective. All simulations i've ran on my TI-80 result in an outcome of societal collapse leading to either complete destruction of the planet or a radical shift on every aspect of what it means to be human.

Kys faggot. You're a fucking waste of oxygen.

>If your gun is properly secured (unloaded, locked in a safe, with trigger lock)

kek, thats not properly secured, thats stowed away for long lasting storage.

I have my carry gun in the night table, loaded and thats fine according the the regulations.

the nigger robbing you with his illegal firearm. what about them.

>home defense
You know that it takes the police 5 to 10 minutes, even more, to get to a house, and that taking a gun, which is under lock and key, takes a maximum of a minute to get it, if it's in the same room as you?
>PROTECT ME FROM DA TIRANNICAL GOVMENT!
While you might have a point, remember that there are many examples of big militaries being defeated by a relatively small military or a group of civilians, Vietnam war is one example.
>Hunting
Because of course you're gonna hunt bears or wolves with sticks and stones, yeah have fun with that.
>protection
Read the above argument.
>i-i-if everyone had guns mass shootings would never happen!
This is exajuration, but let's be fare, a good guy with a gun on the place of the attack will stop it faster than some policeman that, if he even comes, will not be there for ages.
Also in most of the shootings you've mentioned hardly anybody had guns so nobody could even stop it, even if they wanted to.
>because I CAN
Yeah, I want to own a gun and if you don't want me to own a gun then shut the fuck up and stay away from me.

Reminder that the 2nd amendment was written with 2 round per minute guns in mind

Attached: mustker.jpg (640x360, 17K)

>Let's look at the common arguments for why we NEED guns.
yea, lets look Ahmed

Attached: BN-GI797_AHMEDj_P_20150108174323.jpg (749x499, 78K)

>HELP ME
>HELP ME
>HELP ME

Attached: 1552738716461m.jpg (1024x586, 65K)

>The WEAKEST of all possible arguments. If your gun is properly secured (unloaded, locked in a safe, with trigger lock) then how exactly are you going to have time to get to your gun?
Because unless you have small children there's no reason you should store your firearms like that. Guns dont hop up themselves and start shooting at people, if you cant trust someone in your house with a gun around why the fuck are they even there.

There were several guns that shot faster than muskets durring the drafting of the 2nd amendment. The 2nd amendment was also intended to cover things like artillery you giant faggot.

>Protection from government
I actually agree with this. This made sense in the 1791 when both the government and the citizens were on equal terms as far as lethal weapons were concerned. Today, the average citizen will not be able to come up with enough firepower to stop a tank or a drone.

>mass shootings would never happen
This is the most retarded thing Ive read on 4chins in quite some time. Its easy to point events that DID occur. What you cant quantify is the probable thousands of mass shootings that never happened because the shooter was killed first or decided not to attack at all out of fear of being shot.

We really need to start locking you retards up.

>Today, the average citizen will not be able to come up with enough firepower to stop a tank or a drone.
Citizens do have enough firepower to stop an occupational force though and this is the actual threat. A tyranical government cant drone bomb everyone, logistically or economically.

These arguments are boring. You're boring me. This is boring. Just do it. Come and take them. We're waiting.

Attached: 1552633360652.jpg (1024x568, 66K)

For home defense, protection from a tyrannical government, hunting, protection etc.

Why is that most homicides with weapons are perpetuated with illegal weapons in the USA? (Something like 97 %)

And regarding the fact that illegal weapons are coming from South America you should bother yourself less with gun laws and you should bother more with raising a phat wall to the south.

Attached: 1552057794223.gif (815x815, 803K)

>you goys d-dont need rights
>tha Guvament will protect you, goy.
>Gun bad, shooty stick kill peeple

Attached: 1523712625420.jpg (407x487, 24K)

I got a couple guns I feel alot safer

>intended to cover things like artillery

fantasy libertarian land

Fuck, if only there was some conflict, possibly in the northern part of Ireland that lessons like this could be learned from. And if we lived in a large, diverse landscape, particularly with mountainous terrain to provide a natural counter, maybe. But I guess that's all just wishful thinking.

Attached: demarco.png (1440x2224, 1.61M)

Stfu

Sage

What about eliminating invaders, as Brenton Tarrant did?

Got a retort for that one?

What bothers me is that they are saying that they defused some IED's, but Brenton never placed any IED's. Coincedence?

youtube.com/watch?v=dJUaGUlkFqw

Attached: 1548461719673.jpg (698x739, 71K)

what about when they come for you w the dogs because of something u posted on internets? you gonna solve a math problem for them show them how smart you are with that big brain of yours?

>home defense
>gun properly secured (unloaded, locked in a safe, with trigger lock)
If you live in Leafistan, yes. I assume US isn't that cucked yet.

>Laughable.
The entire history of asymmetric warfare in 20th and 21st century says you're a moron. Mighty militaries have failed to pacify ragtag bands of civilians with rifles and IEDs. Now imagine the same thing except the mighty military is fighting against its own tax base.

>hunting
We also managed to get around by walking. So when are you giving up all forms of modern transportation? You *CAN* walk around, right?

>protection
Criminals will still have guns, you dimwit. Ban all crime while you're at it.

>mass shootings
Notice how they always happen in gun-free zones.

>the good old "ME" argument
Desire for a gun does not nullify a need for a gun, you moron.

>memeflag
Into the trash it goes.

Attached: 7a74a260bd0a9f9bee84985dde3d309081743152faa6c2d7fa68824c3cc95214.jpg (2249x1345, 515K)

Stay triggered, faggot.

>need
Nigger we don't need 99% of the shit we're shitting up the Earth to have cheap access to all the fucking time, but that shit doesn't stop anything.
Stop acting like individual human lives are so fucking irreplaceably precious.
THERE ARE BILLIONS OF US.

you are correct
nobody need "a" gun
everybody needs a few or more guns

Attached: my backup weapon room.jpg (1136x852, 201K)

BRENTON PREDICTED THIS

>There are safer, non-lethal means of self-protection. Mace, pepper spray, stun guns, etc. By introducing a gun into the mix, you're escalating the situation into a lethal one. There's also a very good chance that your gun could be used against you.
I'll let the squaddies know that, cheers mate.

>So your handgun or rifle is going to be effective against a government armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, artillery, fighter jets, etc?
>implying the military would be okay with culling their own people
you cant govern people with tanks drones and nuclear bombs.

i need guns to shoot people like you with

>>home defense
>The WEAKEST of all possible arguments

Attached: unfair advantage.jpg (920x243, 87K)

Yup guns wont protect you from a tyrannical government, that's why the IRA and the Vietcong were unsuccessful. Oh and your government definitely isn't composed of the same people who are pro-2A and there is no way a military might not fracture and split during a revolution/civil war. Do I need to even mention foreign invasion? Hitler describe the US as "invulnerable."

Fucking retard.

I think gun rights are good.
Pic related. Me out having a good time.

Attached: Stephen_Craig_Paddock.jpg (220x364, 20K)

youtube.com/90xfZJQzAhc

>during which time you could have been calling 911
lmao
>The only way in which a gun would be effective for home defense would be to keep it loaded, unlocked, and within easy reach - which would then make it easy for anyone else (including children) to access the gun.
I mean if you really wanna die on that hill you can get small biometric safes that you can open in a second.

Attached: SpeedVault-Biometric-Open.jpg (500x500, 66K)

imagine needing a reason to own a gun

The 2nd amendment was written when 20 round magazines and private cannonry (and warships) existed.

Nobody needs
>vehicles
>money
>fancy foods
>fancy clothes
>electricity
>entertainment
>books
>writing instruments
>utensils
>modern housing
>modern medicine
>indoor plumbing
>building tools
>cookware
>jobs
So why don't we ban these things? Guns like everything on the list is something humans made to make our lives a little easier, a little safer and a a little more enjoyable.

Attached: 1543618405512.jpg (255x198, 11K)

>people deserve to die over stealing my laptop

Tbh we probably killed more in Afghan with bolt action rifles than we did with 700rpm ar's.

Damn. The plot thickens

>1 post by this ID

Opinion discarded, saged and reported.

>unjustified because the homeowner's AR15 gave him an unfair advantage over the three burglars.
What fucking timeline is this?

Always good to see this screencap still alive.

>Nobody needs a gun
even the army?

>Laughable. So your handgun or rifle is going to be effective against a government armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, artillery, fighter jets, etc?

Attached: ricefields.jpg (1024x576, 80K)

youtu.be/90xfZJQzAhc

Madison, the guy who wrote the amendment, approved of private cannons under it. Not a fantasy, a reality.

Does innocent life have value?
Is innocent life worth protecting?

>>muh childrun
>>OP is a massive faggot
>I mean if you really wanna die on that hill you can get small biometric safes that you can open in a second.
I grew up in a house with loaded guns next to every door. No one ever got hurt.
inb4 some Communist says that's an analogy, hundreds of millions of Americans have grown up like this.

And private warships. Nevar forget that it was boys who were bored with fishing and occasional piracy that drove the mightiest navy the world had ever seen out of our waters.

Attached: american-revolutionary-war-battle-of-flamborough-head-east-yorkshire-england-22-sept-1779-between-th (768x432, 57K)

>people deserve to be able to steal laptops without risking anything
I CAN'T BREATHE (because your huge white ass is on my chest to stop me from chimping the fuck out)