Autism

i know we all joke about having 'weaponised autism' on here, but how many people here are actually autistic (besides me lol) and how do you deal with whatever problems you face because of it? is there anything you LIKE about your autism?

Attached: image.jpg (180x198, 19K)

I literally do nothing other than talk about my hatred towards jews and niggers. If you unleash the autism early enough there's a chance people will think you're funny rather than weird. This way I'm also completley honest about everything since people can barely tell whether I'm joking or not.

I'm high functioning autistic and so is my wife. I like how I can remember loads of useless information and my wife has perfect pitch and can play music after she listens to it twice which is neat.

how does one cope with being diagnosed with asd

What I like about it:
- I always come up with unique ideas because I think differently.
- I'm a talented tester because I spot details easily.
- My logic is lopsided, but it does allow me to give new insight on something because I can evaluate well.
- I'm more patient with people who are struggling to communicate because I know what it's like.
- I brainstorm up the wazoo with tons of details that can make people go "Huh, I didn't think about it like that."

What I dislike:
- I try my best to say what I mean and carefully get what others mean, but it usually makes people blow up. Conversations are like a social minefield.
- I just don't get people in general. Can't get a date for the life of me, people think I'm not putting any effort into anything or that I'm just stupid.
- Any suggestion of parties, bars, or trying new things gives me anxiety. Any crowded areas can give me a headache and heart palpitations.
- I hate the headache-inducing sun and the fact that people have to ask why I'm wearing sunglasses.
- People use sarcasm to get the better of me.
- I don't get idioms, when I ask what an idiom means they'll explain it with a different idiom because they don't really know either.
- I feel like I have to swallow everyone's bullshit, but when I try to adequately show my boundaries I get shit back. Maybe it's just teenage students, though.

What I solved:
- Using the bullet journal method evolved my way of handling an agenda.
- Getting Things Done finally enabled me to properly plan.
- I found a book that simply explained autism in a normal way so I finally know what it actually is. It was never properly explained before.
- The Assertiveness Workbook showed me how to act adequately to situations.
- Mindfulness calms down the mind and make it feel clear.
- Most of my problems were from a vitamin B12 deficiency. My god, the treatment for it makes it so much better!
- I found a communication coach who shows me how to make small talk and the right phrasing.

>- I found a communication coach who shows me how to make small talk and the right phrasing.
any advice

thanks so much for sharing all of that with us.

i also have a vitamin b12 deficiency, my doctor says that and autism are related somehow although it hasn't been directly proven. i wonder what the relation is?

this is gonna sound really big-headed but sometimes i feel like i'm too smart for everyone else, like if someone doesn't know something i do, especially if it's to do with my special interest, i immediately think they're an idiot even though rationally i know it isn't true. it's a problem lol

on the other hand though i do like how intelligent i am and how passionate i really get about the things i'm interested in. i also enjoy seeing everyone be amazed at my thinking outside the box, even if my conclusions are sometimes a bit off haha

Yes, Dilts' Pyramid. The base of the pyramid is the furthest away from the person. So questions such as 'where are you from?' or 'where do you work?' are very safe and small. If you start at that lowest point the other person can respond and the conversation can continue until a question of a higher level can be asked: "What do you like?" or "What do you do for a living?" But starting off at level 3 or higher is a big no-no as it makes people unsafe that early. "Why did you choose this path?", "Who are you?", "What is your purpose here?" These are very conflicting questions that demand a person to get some personal issues out to a total stranger. They are higher-level thoughts that we don't like to think about that often.

So start low, keep it positive, and look for anything you have in common in order to connect. I once had a speed date with a girl who liked a series of books I didn't like. I immediately showed my disapproval, no matter how well I tried to excuse myself, the disconnection was already established. Instead, I could've said that I liked the genre instead of the specific book. That way there might've been a connection. No guarantee, though. It still needs practice, but it's a start.

Attached: Robert-Dilts-Pyramid.png (960x720, 256K)

Is ADHD a meme diagnosis?
Because I was diagnosed with it as a child.

By all rights, I'm smart, but not smart enough, and my work ethic is pathetic.

Asperger Arrogance is what it's called. It's difficult to keep it in check when people tell you 'just assume we know what you know'. But sjeesh, I met people who didn't know how to mix colors or the order to the alphabet and I myself didn't knew the order of the months that well. I just don't know what people do or don't know. So it's better to be patient and ask. If someone doesn't know and you do, ask 'do you want to know about this?' If they say no, then just let them figure it out for themselves. No need to waste your time and energy by sperging out. They're things they know that you don't as well, so be patient and show empathy.

B12, though... I don't know. I know that it made my symptoms worse when it waned ever so slowly. I still remember that first burst of energy that I got. I cleaned out my entire appartement with that before collapsing on the chair again.

Pretty sure I'm Aspergers.
Nope, there's literally nothing good about it.
As for dealing with it, I made the very poor decision to ignore it once I realised I had the condition; so now I'm 28 and cripplingly underdeveloped, and no one wants to help me deal with my bullshit.

If you guys have any advice for developing interests and making smalltalk I'm all ears.

It's not a meme diagnosis. You need to find ways to cope with it. It's not on the autistic spectrum so I can't help you right away. I suggest finding ways of managing your 'monkey brain' by getting a bouncy ball instead of a chair or learning in a calm environment. Perhaps taking some noise-cancelling headphones to just block out the distractions.

very certain i have autism. there is no other explanation for this ridiculous social ineptitude.

No.
>I'm smart
>Shit work ethic

First of all yeah that sounds about right. ADHD isn't retardation and people with it tend to be more intelligent.

Secondly your work ethic is not only fine but better than most. You just either need to have an urgent outside motivator cause your self motivation isn't great, or you need to care about and enjoy what you're doing.
ADHD is also known for working tirelessly for hours and losing all track of time and priority when it gets onto something stimulating. It's called hyperfocus.
I'll make a small wage video games does this to you.

Self confidence and anxiety to name two things. Social ineptitude doesn't immediately = autism. There's a thousand causes for that.

There are other autism symptoms.

why are some people as if born with social skills and don't suffer from those two things while others, like me and probably the majority on this website, are?

*do

There are a million factors in everything you are from genetics to environment to upbringing to experience to trauma. Maybe your parents didn't give enough social stimulation, maybe other kids teased you too much and you learned "peers bad"
You could have a disorder like, say, autism, but if not I'm afraid youll probably never nail down the real specific reason. Which is why it's useless to, just work on it. Even some people with autism can learn social skills through therapy.

You can always do something about it. Stop with the why's get to the how's.

Pretty sure I'm a sperg. I think that's meme autism though. Anything that isn't completely debilitating is just meme autism.

Frankly I think most spergs are spergs because their parents were good parents in many respects (love, attention, teaching basic facts about the world) but didn't actually teach their child anything about how people interact with each other in the real world or put them in a position to learn on their own, whether due to negligence or a misguided desire to keep the child safe/sheltered. So you just end up on the wrong foot from the getgo and it quickly becomes so difficult to make up ground socially that you retreat into a personality that feels safe. At some point you have to either live with that personality or admit to yourself what a retard you are in many respects and start working toward making up ground.

any autist savants in here. idk maybe you were in a math class a few grades above you or some shit as a kid kek

I'm the opposite.
I have poor social skills and I'm a total moron.

the thought of being autistic is odd. When you think of autists you think of kids who drool a lot or flap their hands a lot uncontrollably and literally "reeeee". You think to yourself "I'm not like that at all, there is no way."