Is drinking responsible just a meme? Is it possible to have like 6 beers a week and it's fine...

Is drinking responsible just a meme? Is it possible to have like 6 beers a week and it's fine? A friend of mine told me he thought drinking 6 beers in one night was the sign of alcoholism. I've been enjoying beer a bit more lately I guess. Usually like 6/8 beers a week. I don't like having just two beers, so that's why I limit it to one day. Is this bad?

Attached: 36428473463542.jpg (1300x867, 93K)

>Is it possible to have like 6 beers a week and it's fine?
That's exactly what I do. I buy a 6 pack and just drink one to compliment a meal or because I feel like enoying the taste of a particular brand. I dont drink to get buzzed or wasted.

>I don't like having just two beers
This does sound potentially problematic.

6 beers in one night is excessive

6 beers in a week is light drinking and completely healthy.

I think this kinda depends on the person and or weight of said person.

You need to be a big boy to regularly pound a six pack and not call it alcoholism

Drinking 6 beers a week is not considered alcoholism. Where are you getting this from lmao

>6 beers in one night
>6 beers in a week
These are not mutually exclusive.

Six beers a day

As I said, six a week is completely fine

>drinking 6 beers in one night was the sign of alcoholism

That's just a night out or a fun BBQ. It's not alcoholism at all

If it's 6 beers a night everynight? Sure that's a problem.

Oh yeah, that makes sense.

>Six beers a day

Not the same thing as "in one night"

Yes we're arguing semantics, but that's the whole point.

I tend to drink alone though. On social stuff I never really drink. But lately I've made a habit of picking a weekend night and watching some movies and having a sixpack.

Again, if it's just the one night on weekends that you're having your six beers in one go there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Alcoholism is when you like put rum in your coffee in the morning everyday and carry vodka in water bottles.

Allright sounds good. I guess you just gotta keep in check your discipline and don't all of a sudden start adding ''drinking days'' or something.

Oh I see what you mean.

Six beers once a week in one day is fine so long as you're not getting yourself blackout drunk.

you need to define 'bad'. The problem is that you are using your logic backwards here. You are deciding that some arbitrary number / rate is an issue as opposed to the effects it has on your life as a person.

You drink "heavy" once a week. It isn't healthy. But it probably isn't a you are an alcoholic problem. Just evaluate what you are doing and why you are doing it. A lot of young adults adopt the weekend warrior drinking life. Working all week then partying on Friday night, Saturday night or both.

drinking is only a problem if you make the choice while sober to drink and suffer its consequences when you know it will affect the next day or whatever else it may be.
basing alcoholism off of drink count is retarded because everyone has different tolerances. if you dont drink much alone then i wouldnt say thats alcoholic.

I'd say drinking alone is a strong indicator that there might be a problem.

What about drinking while playing online games with a mate?