Should my wife and I get a pitbull?

We are having our first xhild soon and she wants a dog to grow up with then. She said she wanted a pitbull because they are nanny dogs and she has one growing up. I'm not quite sure, I have always heard they were aggressive. Is this a good idea or should I just get a lab instead?

Attached: 743f1c688f78bd420865b4dff5be27d8--xxl-pitbulls-pitbulls-bully.jpg (236x257, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=pit bull kills baby
youtube.com/watch?v=A-fsEBX7GD4
allpetnews.com/dangerous-dogs-by-the-decade
animalplanet.com/pets/2-bully-breed-brains-grow-continuously-causing-them-to-go-crazy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just get a fucking Lab, man. 'bulls can be good natured, loyal and kind, but they can also fucking pivot on a dime and kill you and your family.
Gonna say, I would not gamble at those stakes, with almost any odds.

google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=pit bull kills baby

Attached: puar.png (128x132, 22K)

Fuck no user.

Yes, get a pitbull. Two at least. More dogs, more love, no? Remember it's the owner, not the dog. I'm sure your local shelter will be happy to show you a few of theirs. :v)

I grew up with a pit lab mix. Great dog. Loyal and smart.

What's wrong with people getting dangerous shitty dogs, especially around small children? Pitbulls aren't nanny dogs, that's a myth. They're fighting dogs

No, OP. Pits are literally the worst kind of dog. I had one once. Never again.

Every pit I’ve met has been sweet as can be. I volunteer at the shelter and the most dangerous dog there is a German Shepard. It really just depends on the specific dog. Go to your shelter and ask them for a quiet and chill dog that’s good with kids. They’ll know he dog better than anyone. You can ask them for a trial period or to foster the dog to test it out before adopting

Name a more nanny dog than this youtube.com/watch?v=A-fsEBX7GD4

Sure get a Nigbull if you want your kid to be mauled or either of you mangled because breed you chose is inbred specimen of violent retards.
Pitbulls should terminated on sight. Get a Rotweiler, Mastiff or Caucasian Shephard if you want a guard dog that can at least be trained reliably.
Far, far too many stories of some fuckers precious little Pibbles just snapping all of random and mauling whatever it got its teeth in.

They are bred to be trained, not bloodthirsty monsters, making them extremely good for young kids (hence the name nanny dog). they are also rated one of the most docile dog breeds in the world, I believe third.

Literally everyone who says pits are naturally aggressive are literally retard brainlets who want to sound smart online and dont know what theyre talking about or shitty trainers who shouldnt own a dog. Pits are only aggressive if you raise them poorly, a well trained pitbull can be one of the friendliest dogs out there. Just make sure you get it as a pup.

>pitbulls
>friendliest dogs out there
>no mention of labs, terriers or beagels even

Whatever you say, cuck

putbulls are not nanny dogs, that’s a myth. a well intentioned myth created by pitbull supporters. historically there’s no proof they were considered nanny dogs and plenty of proof they were seen as a dog used for hunting and fighting.

the dogs that are typically considered “nanny” dogs are breeds like newfoundlands and great pyrenees. they’re amazingly gentle with babies and children, and the newfoundland instinctively knows how to save them from drowning on top of it. these are dogs that were not bred to hunt or fight, but purely to protect and save lives if needed. they will be gentle and patient with your kids but also die to protect them. it’s instinctive.

Only if you get tired of having a child and being a parent, then you can get a pitbull to eventually fix that. You should've asked this on /an/ instead, they know a lot about pitbulls. Don't get one

Pitties and pittie mixes are not a good choice for first time dog owners

labs actually bite more than any other breed. probably because people just expect them to be “naturally friendly” and don’t bother to train them. labs are hunting/sporting dogs, they have a lot of energy, that energy can turn into aggression. the only dogs i would trust completely around my kids are livestock guardian dogs, as they were bred to not be aggressive at all. they had to be trusted to be left alone to protect and take care of baby sheep and shit with zero supervision. they have zero prey drive and only ever will fight if it’s to protect whatever or whoever it is they’re guarding, whether it’s a flock of sheep or your children.

that said, any dog can be good with kids if you do things properly. never get a puppy younger than 8 weeks, puppies learn a LOT about bite inhibition from their mother and siblings that humans can not teach them. removing them too early is almost always a mistake. and start training early. the problem with pitbulls is not that they bite more, but that they have the potential to do a lot more damage when they do.

a lab might bite but it probably won’t be lethal. it very well could be with a pit.

A couple decades ago Rotweilers where just as evil and uncontrollable and bread for violence as Pitt Bulls are now. They had the highest number of attacks of any breed of dog. All the same fucking shit on the news too. German Shepherds and Doberman Pincers also got the same treatment at one time or another. Different time, different dog.

allpetnews.com/dangerous-dogs-by-the-decade

TL:DR Anyone who thinks ever Pitt Bull is violent is just parroting what everyone else says and refuse to educate themselves.

>Ignoring nigbulls profficiency for brain disease that causes them litterally ape out and eat any and everything allive nearby even their own owners

You deserve to be mauled faggot

nice quads. you speak the truth.

Youmean this?
animalplanet.com/pets/2-bully-breed-brains-grow-continuously-causing-them-to-go-crazy/

Thanks for reinforcing my point that all the same shit has been said before about other dogs.

My wife's boyfriend has a really nice pitbull.
I watch him on the weekends, and he has never given me or my wife's son any trouble at all.

>ever considering owning a dog
Fuck off.

>shitbull
>nanny dog
I didn't expect to see such obvious shitbull baiting outside of /an/ congrats on the bites, OP