/adv, what are your thoughts on Brexit? Let's hear it

/adv, what are your thoughts on Brexit? Let's hear it.

Personally, I am pro a second referendum. In short, we now know so much more than we did two years ago about the Brexit process/end result. Surely the most democratic thing to do would be to give the public another say with the benefit of all the new information we have?

It is a matter of fact that Brexit is already having a negative impact on the economy. We need to stop further job losses, loss of investments to company moves and the redomiciling of assets to the EU27.

Attached: EU meme.png (1024x601, 460K)

I mean, technically this should go to Jow Forums but I'd expect just shitty neocon opinions there, so I don't blame you.

Bullshit. People have already decided. Stop advocating redos.
>le educated on consequences
You're gonna vote if the current prime minister should stay I office every 6 months because you know more about his policies and shit?
It has already been decided, fuck off with those mental gymnastics trying to justify changing the will of citizens because you don't like it.

Attached: 1551375686797.png (458x485, 312K)

>Surely the most democratic thing to do would be to
ignore the results of a democratically-decided referendum?

What happened in pol? Why is this weak shit spilling over here.
Keep your house in order.

The EU has maybe 10 functioning years left before the inherent imbalances make it untenable. Poorer members keep getting poorer and richer members break laws to keep poorer members in, and in debt.

It’s already been shown to be deeply corrupt and nepotistic, having introduced draconian laws designed to restrict internet freedoms and has been complicit in slow-burn ethnic genocide of white Europeans. Plus, Germany has shown it’s hand in using member states to grant it a de-facto nation-less army under German control. Basically the 4th Reich 2.0

There is no long-term future for the EU. They are a drowning man pulling his rescuer down with him, whilst billing the rescuer for a swimming lesson. UK will suffer badly for 10yrs or so, but they will strengthen and prosper when they find their rhythm again.

Our soil is fertile, our car-makers are skilled, our steel is strong and our business district is enviable. We just have to be steadfast in our resolve and not let them bully us into capitulation here. The EU is mostly a workshop for Germany’s and Brussels’ elite, whilst their street buckle and burn. We don’t need to be subsiding their hubris.

As an outsider, it seems like your politicians are against leaving but the people are for it.
This leads to politicians doing a bad job because they would rather betray their own country than do what the people want.
I think you should just fucking do it.
Keep voting until you get the result you want is petty.
The economic impact is irrelevant if what you want is sovereignty.

my thoughts exactly

Say you democratically voted between your friends to 'go for a walk' ... but then it started tipping it down with rain. Would you still go for that walk and get soaked or go see a movie instead?

My point being.. circumstances change - and people adapt to changing circumstances.

see my post above.

Laws that restrict internet freedom... you mean the draft copyright directed designed to rebalance the relationship between internet platforms and creative industries by giving fairer pay to publishers.. (yeah that sounds really awful! /sarcasm)

In terms of the rest of your post.. I literally have no idea how to come back to it because it is so disconnected from reality. Listen to yourself! Also you might want to catch up with the news.. Brexit has been bad news for car manufacturers so far.

I’m not talking about now. I’m talking about a decade away, when we’ve stabilised and learned to wean off the teat of an abusive codependent parent. We will be strong in time, we just have to endure in the meantime.

Also, this is a reasonable discussion. It’s fine that your bias is showing, But at least try to treat this thread and opinions that don’t directly correlate with your own with respect or don’t bother to contribute. This isn’t The Times comment section on FB or Jow Forums

Have circumstances changed, though? No. They haven't.

It's not like it started raining. It's like it was already raining and everyone already knew that, and you voted to go for a walk anyway because you were sick and tired of being cooped up in the same room for the past year without leaving. And you voted against going for the walk and are now saying, "look, it's raining, clearly we should take another vote. It's because circumstances *changed*, and has nothing to do with that I didn't get what I wanted the first time." Even though they didn't change.

Britain should pay for their actions. Their country will go to shit because of the stupid decision the public voted for democratically. If everyone was allowed redos people would brushing that to their advantage. I do personally think that countries like Scotland and Northern Ireland who voted to stay should be emancipated and be free to stay in the EU but England and Wales can rot

could this wake people up about the complete pile of shit that is western "democracy"?

I'm French.

I support Brexit all the way. I don't care about jams in Calais, I don't care about tariffs on our exports, I don't care about needing a passport to go visit you, I don't care about your contribution to the EU budget... and I don't care about the British nation and its fantasies of independence. All I care about is for you guys to leave. Don't vote again. Please leave. Faster.

Attached: What_is_this_foreign_agent_saying.jpg (682x1023, 89K)

Everything I know about the world outside my basement I learned from Jow Forums incels: the post.

Jesus, shill harder Bernier... You’re really changing those Brexiter’s opinions....

Do a search on twitter for Edwin Hayward and look at the evidence he presents in terms of factual examples of business in the UK going down the pan explicitly because of Brexit and the uncertainty surrounding our future relationship with the EU.

.. I'm sorry but it has definitely 'started to rain' in the metaphorical sense

truth

see also pic related.. Brexit in a nutshell

Attached: theroux.jpg (1340x1136, 135K)

People voted to leave, now May is offering a specific way to do it. It's only right to check if that's what the people wanted.

If your group decides to go to a restaurant, and when they sit down there's only one item on the menu, and in all honesty it does not sound too good, do you think they should not be allowed to discuss if they actually want to eat that ?

No, we always knew that the economy was going to take a hit at first. Even if economic instability wouldn't do that on its own, Remain's campaign of fear basically guaranteed it.

In any case, I work in the business of data and things. I know how easy it is to manipulate data into showing exactly what you want. And I don't feel like going to the effort of trying to find out if fearmonger #447 has legit methodology or if only #312 and #599 do.

I also work for a company who is shifting the EU portion of the business out of Britain, though they're keeping a British market.

The people wanted to leave. They said that. It wasn't conditional on the deal. Remain's been pushing this idea of a second referendum since literally the day after the first one. I remember, I was there.

It's not "do you think they should be allowed to discuss it", it's Remain whining the entire way to the restaurant that they didn't get their way and that they should take another vote.

More like people decided to go to a restaurant.
The one who invited couldn't go so the host decides to piss on the meal because they think it might be better than not eating anything.
Meanwhile the people who weren't invited tells the cook to not cook a different meal because they are really hungry and will probably eat anything.

I don't care whether they leave or not, it is not my country.
But now the people have decided to leave, the politicians should assist them achieve this. Anything else seems like treason.

i'm curious to know what you think it means for 'an economy to *take a hit at first*'

It's not like the businesses currently leaving the UK will move their assets (staff/facilities/property etc) back to the UK after a few years, what would be the benefit to them?

How as a country are we more competitive (as an isolated state in Europe) than any EU member state that has free movement of goods , peoples and frictionless trade..

Attached: 1200px-Flag_of_Europe-1.svg.png (1200x800, 26K)

Well, let me ask you this. Is Hong Kong better or worse off being part of China than on its own? And moreover---will it be better or worse once they have to renegotiate their deal with China?

A growing economy attracts businesses, and growing businesses seek to expand.

>It wasn't conditional on the deal
Of course it was. People wanted to leave because of reasons. It wasn't for the lulz, it was for the sake of a better future.

That's why the Leave campaign made predictions about the costs and benefits, about how easy it would be to get a favourable deal. Even their most ideological slogan ("take back control") referred to the consequences of leaving, not the act of leaving.

So now that a deal is there, it's only right to check if it does bring back control, if it does bring back the money, and if it delivers on the hopes that leavers had.
And if it doesn't (it doesn't), then check if that's still what people want.

(And I say this because it's true, not because I want Remain : on the contrary I really hope your politicians don't give you another vote and proceed to remove you from our union)

Hong Kong is a bit different. I'm pretty sure if London alone left the EU and the UK they would be better off economically.