Is miniature wargaming a based and redpilled hobby?

Is miniature wargaming a based and redpilled hobby?
>Learn strategy and tactics
>Construct your army out of various material giving fulfillment that you built something
>Learn the skill of painting by detailing each miniature model and customizing them to your own taste
>Learn discipline and fine motor skills by having to work steadily at such a small scale
>Have conversations and form friendships in person with your fellow wargamers rather than chat through a screen

Attached: 2015-12-17_01_WH_40K_sm.jpg (1600x901, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kriegsspiel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

better than chess

is sociability good? are hobbies good?
tough questions there user

It's fun, I mostly like to assemble models and paint, but my husband is more into the wargaming side so it works.

Yes

Only if you can get your buddies into it with you. If you're stuck going to the hobby shop for companionship you're fucked. It's the worst smelliest autistic nerds and SJWs are pretty deep in the hobby shops as well.

It's full of spergs but its pretty good. I think one of the founding fathers like Washington had a bunch of toy soldiers as a kid and did mock battles with them. It's a really old and well established pastime, and remarkably resilient to poz.

Lots of traditional gender roles, lots of race realism, lots of militarism.

no, it's for autists and d&d geek virginal losers who want to live vicariously through a bunch of pewter toys for children.

No, you are rolling dice and moving tiny bits of plastic around pretending it is a battle of magical armies.

It is a fucking time sink.

>husband
lmao fag

/thread

What should I be doing instead?

Exercising or reading a book. I get it, I had a 40K army when I was a teenager, but wasting your time painting plastic that sells for $100 a pound and having dice rolls decide the game is stupid.
Search your heart, you know it is true.

You act like this is the only thing I can do. I do other things also.

>playing childrens games
what do you think dickhead?
Doing anything that is unproductive but immersive and which is a time-sink is the domain of children. And pathetic man-children

Go strawman somewhere else, degenerate.

I like it, I've always had a hard time focusing on one thing for more than 10 minutes. When I'm painting I experience extreme tunnel vision and before I know it 5 hours have passed, I think of it like i'm developing my ability to focus on a singular thing.

Rubik's style puzzles are pretty based and not as tism-pilled as some would believe

Attached: 083942343.jpg (1280x720, 233K)

it can be one thousand percent more fun with wage at stake
especially applying real cost to units and structures

It's only a two century old white tradition still used by the militaries worldwide because of how effective it is.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kriegsspiel

A friend of mine of works over at GW Hq in Nottingham. There's quite a few /our/guys there.

Historical wargames is a good upgrade from all that, with cheap plastic 1/72 figures and often requiring much research to appreciate the period being fought.

Really? With Gav Thorpe describing himself on Twitter as "Whitecishet. He / him", I though wargamers were generally apolitical/ or leftist. Unless Thorpe is being sarcastic that is.

Currently planning to buy some perry miniatures of the american civil war period and printing out scale maps of notable battles to reenact with minis with some buds and my father in law.

>and not as tism-pilled as some would believe
I find that hard to believe

Memorizing algorithms to solve colorful cubes is pretty autistic.