Explain to a Gen X'er

Hello Jow Forums friends some guy recently made internet infamous told me I should subscribe to pewdiepie. I don't understand the attraction, his videos seem a bit dull what's the appeal?

Attached: 190315-pewdiepie-11.jpg (618x410, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sbuTidsGYpU
youtube.com/watch?v=DZHQwtIkgv4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's redpilling the youth with memes and books.

Attached: pewdiepie-death-to-all-jews.png (1000x563, 583K)

In an 'ironic' way? He claims not to be.

Plausible deniability.
youtube.com/watch?v=sbuTidsGYpU

First it was for fun, the nazi saluting etc. Then the media made a big fuss about it that he's a nazi and he has no place on youtube, so he started redpilling the youth in an ironic way, so the media won't be able to use it against him.
He didn't cuck in for the media plus shits in their face in an ironic way, people love it

he has a gf 'run' by some slav claled dasio, hence his perminant shell shock face

What I'm asking is what is his appeal, how did he become so famous? His videos don't seem to have anything unique about them, they don't strike me as particularly interesting a bit boring in truth. I don't get his popularity is it because I'm out of touch?

Simple.
If the left attacks Pewdiepie, 90 million zoomers attack the left.

Attached: image.jpg (730x1280, 318K)

He screams while playing horror games and it tingles me

I know. The guy in the video telling me to subscribe to pewd deepie had a much more exciting channel.

Your not a zoomer.
Kids love him.

I know that's what I was thinking, the guy telling me to subscribe seemed a much more interesting character than the person he was telling me to subscribe to.

I thought he just reviews computer games?
Tbh I don't watch his or similar stuff.

the other day when chelsea clinton started all this and mainsteamed islamophobia - she started something big!!!! arab springbig. chelsea clinton is about to become an alt-right hero. WATCH!!! she's switching sides. Q predicted this.

Attached: no-one-will-hire-us-be-cause-of-trump-why-24978725.png (500x786, 205K)

>Kids love him.
Because he plays video games?

Over the years first came gaming, then acting dumb, funny stuff and dark jokes, now it's the meme and redpill stage.
It took him years to get to number 1 but the content is funny for zoomers and adults, and they get redpilled.
Nowadays he doesn't even play games

Right, I guess it's what we'd call modern entertainment then? Appeals to shit tier plebs.

I think because he acts like a spastic teenager.
And he denies being a racist a lot.
Methinks he doth protest too much.

Attached: image.jpg (422x422, 54K)

Squeaker entertainment.
>hehe he make his voice sound funny xD
Kinda like car keys jingling

You could say that, but redpilling the youth means a lot still, people learn how to think and make their own research before believing the media's bullshit.

For example the media called him nazi for the jokes many times, people got upset then researched stuff and saw that they were indeed just jokes. This happened 3-4 times already and people finally learn to think before believing shit.

>I think because he acts like a spastic teenager.
This is it, I watched one of his videos and thought how old are you?

Basically he was the one to come up with Let's play. He's very genuine, charming and is not afraid to recognize he's shit and make fun of himself. He's actually pretty smart and decent when he gets serious. He's very in touch with his fanbase, who would go to war for him. The '9 year old army' is a meme. Most of his fans are 18-35.

Yes, you appear to be out of touch.
Watching pewdiepie for the first time is akin to your first visit to Jow Forums - the chaos is overwhelming and seemingly non-sensical. it goes over your head.
Jow Forums is an elaborate, ever-evolving memeplex. The more memes you understand, the richer the browsing experience.
Pewdiepie understands this aspect of internet culture at a very deep level. He has a finger on the pulse of the internet so to speak, He instinctually draws from the latest and dankest memetic material in a fun, lighthearted, ironic way. One can play his videos as background while doing some task, half-paying attention, and have a few laughs, and get a sense for what all the kids are talking bout. One can get quick updates on the gaming without pissing away valuable time actually gaming
Watching pewdiepie is also a giant Fuck You to the six or seven mega-corps that own all of the media. Feels good man

I’m a gen X’er and I quite like his videos

Anyway, Pewdiepie is just against cultural marxism and posts pretty milquetoast thoughts akin to Notch, Stefan Molymeme, Paul Joseph Watson, etc. saying he’s a gateway to supporting Naziism is a meme by accelerationists who want to cause chaos

I’m one of them truth be told

>it goes over your head.
It didn't though.

Well, you must be omniscient.
I don't know how somebody could watch pewdiepie for the first time and instantly get all the inside jokes building for years and years. . You must be one smart cookie.
I

30% say sub to pewdiepie because they like pewdiepies content
69% say sub to pewdiepie because pewdiepie represents the individual content creator
t series is a tv channel thats been around since the 80s i think and they started putting their videos on youtube so they represent corporatized youtube
1% say sub to pewdiepie because they are racist and have to bring race into everything so to them its about white (pewdiepie) vs brown (tseries)

You must be one smart cookie.
I'm over 40 user and master of science, I don't know what else to say. I found it a bit infantile and I don't understand the appeal to the younger generation at all.

His gig and his audience are retarded... there is nothing to get here...

It isn't a meme, they just aren't 9 anymore. He started when he was like 16

>69% say sub to pewdiepie because pewdiepie represents the individual content creator
This makes sense.

Go to bed boomer.
Of course it is infantile. That's the point. It's like when you get together with your brothers and rehash childhood jokes. Of course they won't be funny to some random boomer stranger. The point is they are funny to you and your brothers because you're all in on it together and everyone else is outside

Gotcha it's an in joke, one that I'm excluded from. I'm content in this knowledge.

yea pewdiepie has been releasing videos everyday with just a small team and zero budget for probably a decade at this point i dont think there is another small group content creator that has matched his volume and quality other than possibly forgotten weapons

Attached: gunjesus.jpg (852x960, 73K)

PewDiePie, Pussy, Pedophiles all start with the letter "P"
PewDiePie likes 9 year old pussies.

Half of the joke is old rules of the internet stuff. It's like blaming 9gag or ebaumsworld for an invasion.

he hasn't been doing that for years

its not an in joke
he just comments on memes now
like a video of a woman who doesnt work at walmart in walmart anwering the walmart phone
this is funny because it reinforces the stereotype that walmart employees are lazy and walmart customers are crazy

Attached: Imsorryjesus.jpg (480x437, 86K)

his most recent video is a videogame (about himself)
youtube.com/watch?v=DZHQwtIkgv4

Don't watch the game videos if you don't like, I don't watch them too. I prefer the memes and book reviews.

Pewdiepie has a certain fanbase that really enjoys his content, maybe 50 million of his subs are there because they like his stuff.
The ''subscribe to pewdiepie'' meme isn't about him, it's about pissing off the media and preserving youtube as a platform for individual content creators, not big companies.
People don't tell you to sub to pewdiepie because they think you'll enjoy his content, they're doing it because it pisses off buzzfeed, new york times, youtube doesn't really like it either, leftists are in full meltdown mode that this guy hasn't been deplatformed yet.

Pretty much everyone here would prefer that pewdiepie is the most subscribed person on youtube, rather than t-series or fucking Saturday Night Live with Shlomo Goldberg
Pewdiepie isn't full Jow Forums, but he did start on Jow Forums. The first videos he ever made he shilled on /v/. He might not agree with most of the things you believe, but he is kind of an our guy.

Isn't he under police protection now? There was a thread yesterday but I can't find it.

he is a complete faggot who is too greedy to tell his non-blue eyed fan base that he is white supremasict. you can not be redpilled if you are not white and blue eyed. he is Schrodinger doucebag.

This is the best answer OP

Attached: 20904878_714298198765427_6962301098174447616_n.jpg (1060x1060, 131K)

do you poo in a loo yet?
superpower by 2020

the poos are coming! muh tseries and brown power

yeah even if you don't watch him, you should sub

come back to central asia you Hun bozgore.

>raging mad t-series subscriber

i'm subscribed to him basicallly for the meme value of having a young white nordic male be the #1 youtuber with a ridiculous number of subscribers. pewdiepie has way more money than all jewish actors in hollywood his age and that's hilarious to me.

No thanks, I prefer toilets and white people

He shows up to work every day.

I don't watch him that is bretty good