So I just left a cult and now I'm lonly as hell and dont know how to meet people in the real world. What do...

So I just left a cult and now I'm lonly as hell and dont know how to meet people in the real world. What do? I almost want to go back I feel like theres no hope out here.

Attached: qh1ve8ncxzxlfiy9aauw.jpg (620x400, 50K)

what cult did you leave? want to start a new one?

Nah, I dount it'd be any good lol. And have you ever heard of the Bruderhof?

What age are you and it might sound stupid but what made you leave?

Just join another. Next one will be better, I'm sure.

is the bruderhof really a cult? they seem more like the amish to me

Don't worry.

No more cults!!!!!!!!!!!

They can be alluring to your ego but they are completely toxic. Take some time to restabilize. Be kind to yourself. Enjoy being a free person.

Read "the wrong way home" by arthur diekman my dude.

It's ok, OP. You're alive, now you can start making friends eksewhere.

Ok i am sure you are in the EU time zone at this point, you cant be online all the time i am..

Neat, because only regular anons post during the daylight hours, right?

Well, you can be insomniac which can help for sure. But i am on to you tripfag..

smash that subscribe button, user.

Dont tease me, i will get a trip myself at this rate just to prove a fucking point..

also, let this user have fun. At worst he will get robbed and have a funny story, or get his kidneys stolen which is slightly worse but still ok.

Dude, I wish there was a subscribe feature for trips. Then there could be a whole new level of cancer to all boards.

Trips...

Well, at least it wouldnt be a surprise to see you on every thread i enter now would it. Takes all the fun away..

HOW TO MEET NEW PEOPLE

Don't look for new people. Look for new activities. Join a club, join a team, join a gym, take a random night class, do volunteer work.

Be DOING something, in the company of others also doing the same thing. You automatically have something in common, so chatting is easy. Some will become friends

I left cause I just didnt buy into the fundamentalist brainwashing fully. Also just how controlling it was. Like needing all this permission and go ahead to just drive somewhere in your spare time. Plus frowning on my nerdy interests cause they're "evil" Like reading fantasy books with magic to playing mtg.

I'm college age let's just say.

Well yes and no. I mean you do give up pretty much all your autonomy and money to be there. While the amish have their own bank accounts. And do their own things with stick guidelines of course. But they can ride their horse where ever. They dont need permission. But the Bruderhof arent like forcing you to do anything too out there besides that lol. Like Heaven's Gate or Children of God.

Thanks for the advice user. I'll keep doing this more. Currently theres church to meet people and some hobbies I like but it just doesnt go as fast as in intentional communities.

But I should get more to increase the amount of exposure I have.

I like reading so I will. Thank you

>trips while talking about trips

Attached: 1538346504599.png (454x416, 138K)

I'm from the west coast and saw a post from this trip before I went to bed and when I got up. It makes sense because that's when someone might be in front of the computer.

Also, blue light issues are incredibly common now.

Wrong. Totally wrong. You haven't done this and you have no clue what you're talking about. This is more meme advice. Activities don't make you friends. Socializing makes you friends. I've been doing MMA and HEMA classes for 5 years, and every Sunday I go to a cafe to play in-person blitz chess for a few hours.

I'd have been better off going to a bar. People at bars actually want to socialize and meet each other. People doing 'activities' just want to do their activities.

This meme needs to stop.

Im too young to go to the bar though :/

meeting people is easier the more people you know
one friend can be enough to introduce you to many others