I discovered an interesting trend by mistake

For a while I have been working on a university-project about people's political proclivity that is to be a part of my master's thesis.
Originally the project was to discover a trend between cultural upbringing, social circles and the psychological attraction of political ideologies based on where individuals are born, live and what circles they find themselves in based on all the different factors. Through this work and going into the psychological and social elements of it I stumbled on a presence of a direct trend between two things.
>Increasing proclivity towards left-leaning ideology overall in society
>Occurrence of mass-shootings

My findings so far in doing this research are pretty dumbfoundingly interesting and I guess it should have been obvious, but makes just as much sense to not discover due to societal disapproval of questioning anything left-leaning (which is an additional factor I got into in the thesis, with a vast majority of left-oriented ideologies - excluding the more central-political individuals - having almost directly hostile behaviors towards questioning the ideology and policies related to the majority of the left, but vast acceptance of questioning in the center, with a slight bit less on the majority of the right side of the spectrum)

I was doing my graphs of trends for the thesis is when I noticed it, by sheerly going through my tabs to organize the graphs I had so far and ending up with the political-leaning trend graph and mass shooting graph end up next to each other, I thought I had opened one double by mistake and went to close one (which is when I noticed these were indeed two different graphs).
Both were scatter plot charts that I applied a median trend to, and they have such similar trending that it cannot by any reasonable measure be a coincidence.

Wtf can I do with this data?

>tl;dr
I discovered a direct trend between people increasingly becoming more left-leaning in their political views and the increase in mass shootings

Attached: xos828634_1024x1024.jpg (1024x676, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Maxwells-Demon-Golden-Apple-Millennium/dp/1421412772
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the fuck am I supposed to do with this now? It's not exactly the main focal-point of my thesis, but it has probably become one of the most heavily weighted discoveries as an effect of this.

It wasn't ever really supposed to be more than just a data-point in the grand scheme of things showing how ideologies change to compensate for changing factors in the world we live in and adapting to such.

This is all you need to understand what is happening.

amazon.com/Maxwells-Demon-Golden-Apple-Millennium/dp/1421412772

Have fun and buy bitcoins

Lefties ignores gaps in emotion and reason to attain harmonic world views, this gap is unhealthy and those who can't jump the gaps get angry.
Also these gaps leave us open to vulnerabilities.

>amazon.com/Maxwells-Demon-Golden-Apple-Millennium/dp/1421412772
I'll have to give that a read! But just by the title I can tell it is directly related.

Do you have sources or something to further expand? Correlation is not causation

From my researching, this "gap" is filled to the brim with ostracizing and very unhealthy behaviors predominately carried out by the more far-left sympathetic ones, not really the case from the center to the right (where the right is directly welcoming to those wanting to make the jump).

My data is from a list of 30+ different international political research institutes, and even using the data from "Human Security Report project", but the problem is (as this wasn't ever the intent of the thesis) I just stumbled on it and I can't really change my thesis to be about it if I want to have a sliver of a chance of it being possible to submit and be approved.

Any chance you could publish some snippets from your thesis?

I'd consider bringing a thorough draft of a paper with this thesis to your professor or PA, some time before 1st draft, so that if it is of total irrelevance you still have time to finish your initial thesis.
I don't really know what your thesis statement was, so I don't know how good it relates to the current divergence.

I mean is that really rocket science? Granted it's nice to have the actual statistics, but isn't this a totally expected correlation for anybody moderately redpilled?

The more leftist a society becomes, the more it devalues traditional male roles and healthy psychological processes. The more it shits on boys (especially in their youth), trapping them in classrooms, medicating them, telling them it's evil to aim for mastery and competence and and love of a beautiful, monogamous woman ...

Seems pretty simple, no? It's pretty clear what that leads to on a mass scale: insanity.

>ostracizing
This is a key word and a real good word that reflects how the lefties invoke violence to right wingers.

The leftie attitudes and actions for gaining harmonic world views ironically leaves out many truths (that may at face value look unharmonic) and those who keep to these truths (right wingers).
These truths that are actually ironically integral to a more realistic, functioning and better world.

But the face value of these unwelcoming truths that right wingers adopt is hard to intially get round for lefties. For right wingers they got round it and see the happiness on the other side. Right wingers know that some of these small nuanced truths actually work for a better world.

Without trying to go too deep and complex, I feel this struggle between right and left comes down to not being kind to one another. Making it hard for truths to be shown honestly without meme behaviours and muddying the bigger picture.

>center to the right (where the right is directly welcoming to those wanting to make the jump).

That is accurate according to my expeirences too.

Well done for identifying this trend though! This looks leading edge to me.

Correlation is not causation. Mass immigration, technological isolation, Jewry, too many variables. Not that interesting at all.

My plan is to finish it without it as a focus, but just keeping it in there in the state I had it at, and then instead go more into it after the draft is submitted. And if someone picks up on it on their own while reading it, it'll allow them to get to the conclusion on their own without it being obvious or underlined as a discovery.

But I will for sure be looking more into this separately afterwards, because no fucking way this is just happenstance to be so directly correlated. But this also means I'll have to remove some of my points related to Anders Behring Breivik as it may seem obviously tied to it now because of it.

This is actually a really good post.

This is the best and easiest way to understand the OP's trend.

And of course there are millions of other consequences that the lefties create by being unrealistic.

Good job.

Here in Norway we have very large.. how to even put it.. just accepted left-oriented day-to-day conversation and topics I guess. It's just inherently left by default, so most would not even consider the thoughts or even have it come to mind in the first place. I've sort of always had it in the back of my mind since 2011, but I would wager at least 98% or more of the population do not even think a related thought to the topic ever, or anything that could lead them to either.

>discover
corelyation dasnt mean cauzatione yo faggit

We don't really have much jewish presence in Norway, very very low numbers and even with those numbers there is an innate antisemitic day-to-day behavior among people, just socially accepted to say things like "what a fucking jew" as roadrage etc.

Attached: main-qimg-0f0758fce6e996832589d08099a89ff6.png (602x237, 70K)

It's all just the price we have to pay for "progress", broder. A colder, less inclusive and divided society. Just as our dear leaders want.

You see. Science ruins our lives by telling us our intuition is ungrounded unless there is evidence, thus no trust in our own senses, thus no reason to live. Unless you have a lab and millions of dollars from investors.

Good find.

The Leftist believes there is no Atonement.
It's not rocket science.

Leftism is about leveraging power. They use humanitarian rhetoric to cover their true objectives in the same way that one paints a house to hide the rotting wood. Leftists have no values or morals, only objectives. They are motivated by greed and envy, primarily, and this is the source of their hatred for the very people they are reliant on for survival. Income tax, welfare, politically correct speech enforcement, dynamic silence, mass immigration, these are all techinques designed to extract the most value from the people they despise the most. Ironically, your average leftist is exploited in the same manner by the leftist leaders; these are the 'useful idiots' that Lenin mentioned.

It is of little surprise that a large cadre of your countrymen that worship only power cannot be negotiated with and can only be addressed with vulgar displays of violence.

kindly remember that graphs that match are convincing, but, only to normies and the pseudo-educated halfwits.
without a proper sample size and STAT workup for confidence interbval and all that shit, its nothing.
all that said? famously and true? one time a i=.992 or some such high correlation, showed that the number of long distance telephone calls in australia matched up statistically perfectly almost 1:1 with the sheep population, swear to GOD almighty himself (it happens)

OP it doesn't matter whether your correlation is very close or not, it will be labeled spurious. You could probably link mass shootings to any number of increasing trends.

this. it's called spurious correlation. basically there are factors that probably drive both mass shootings and the rise of more left leaning ideology but it's that matrix of factors that push both in the same direction and not a causal relationship between left leaning dogma and mass shootings.

KEK

Go on.

Watch your back.

You cannot possibly be at the master level and not know that correlation does not equal causation?
inb4 you're in social studies

Attached: 18calq4ybym0sjpg.jpg (640x360, 66K)

Hey the fbi has known this since the 70's, there profiling unit was established due to serial and spree killers...there is a relationship between uncertainty and violence. When traditionalism was deviated from and anything was acceptable it caused a societal panic.

While its tempting to make that jump youd still have to prove that theyre related in any fashion besides the fact that they are both increasing
Robberies and ice cream consumption both go up during the summer but ice cream doesnt cause robberies

Go back to the beginning. Civilization is a social construct and unnatural.
Don't conflate technology with civilization, they are independent of each other but just happen to exist in the same places at the present. Tech was evolving nicely before the idea of people farming was a thing.

change the story of your thesis.
you set out to prove correlation of right wing beliefs and mass shootings, and unexpectedly found the opposite to be true.

You do what you want. You can treat it as a correlation without offering a suggestion of causation (which might be safer). After all, you could propose that it is because of evil right people becoming violent when they do not win, something like that.

If you want to be a bit more brave about it you could excuse it away with an argument that it is just correlation and give a pro-left argument for it. But make that footnote such a poor argument that it is a red pill in itself.

Where did you get the data for this? Could you guide me to the proper resources so I can do an analysis?

Attached: 58418fcc34e148c841bd19bc77ce607cb9b26dee17450029c36cda04fcafb788.jpg (482x549, 41K)