Should I tell my girlfriend I'm not poor?

I've been seeing my girlfriend for 8 months now and I've been deceiving her about my occupation and income. She thinks I make about 35k/year, but in reality I make over 200k+/year. Obviously, I had been doing this to weed out the women that otherwise wouldn't date me. This has been pretty easy to keep up. I grew up a poor boy and I continue to live like a relatively poor man. I live in a small one bedroom apartment, my car is pretty mediocre (but functional) and I just don't buy anything superfluous. My monthly spending is so tiny compared to what I make.

My girlfriend thinks she makes a fair bit more than what I do and it hasn't really affected our relationship in any way. Our relationship is most likely going to progress to the next level soon. She's been talking about moving in together and we had a serious conversation about marriage and family and all that. I feel bad. It feels like 7 months flew by in a week and now I'm in this situation. She thinks I'm dirt poor and she's trying her best to accommodate me. She's very concerned about money and the logistics of starting a family and how much overtime we'd have to do to make it work and what kind of home we'd be able to afford. I feel so bad.

I feel like I can trust her. I've only known her for 7 months but I feel like I can trust her. She likes me despite how poor she thinks I am. Would our relationship change if she thinks I'm not poor though? Do I tell her the truth about what I do?

Attached: 1549109840503.jpg (700x1428, 143K)

>lying for 8 months to your partner
Man, I see nowhere that this wasn't a foolproof plan. I hope you get dumped.

>Would our relationship change if she thinks I'm not poor though?
It will change because she will think you didn’t trust her. Don’t expect her to be happy about it. I think you should tell her though, especially since you’re getting serious with her. Just make up some sob story about being used in the past for your money when you tell her

Money changes relationships. Never tell her anything.

If you never come clean about it it'll rip you two apart down the line when she finds out and the months turn to years.
Just tell her that you'd like to start a family with her and that's why you'd like to come clean about how much you actually make.

The longer you wait the worse the result will probably be. If you trust her then it has had its desired effect anyway so just tell her.

I hope this is bait and you're not really that stupid

Nope. Tell her you got a magic raise to like 50 grand and just leave it at that for the rest of your life. Put your income in places she can't get to.

>I feel like I can trust her. I've only known her for 7 months but I feel like I can trust her.
'Now that I completely trust you, there is something I would like to talk to you about, will you sit down with me?'
>She likes me despite how poor she thinks I am. Would our relationship change if she thinks I'm not poor though?
Yes it probably will.
>Do I tell her the truth about what I do?
Honestly is a good thing in most cases.

You dont tell her you lied to her. You lie to her more and say you just got a new job and you start to make the 200k per year from now on. That way you can slowly drip feed your funds into the relationship..

She'd probably be mad for like, a day before she realizes "oh my boyfriend is loaded and life is good now."

ignore this righteous roastie.
ignore this bad advice too.

OP, you see the thing is, you haven't (hopefully) lied about anything, at least, not too badly. Why on earth would you talk about your income with some random woman you happen to be banging for a couple of months? It doesn't make sense. What does make sense is that you are a down to earth guy, successful, yes, but not ostentatious or flashy, careful with money, and a whole bunch of positive attributes. Anything but lying, devious and untrusting. Put it that way.

In any case, you should be handling the family finances, so just tell her you'll take care of it, godfather style, and let her do her little job without wondering about this stuff, for the moment.

I would never tell her. Women change when there's large amounts of money involved, I've made that mistake too many times.

Interesting. OP, maybe don't tell her for now. Give sitrep in a couple of months though.

Take advice from anyone but this one.
r9k escapes their cages sometimes.

Just tell her the truth, that you don't have great needs and actually have a good job. But prefer to save it up instead of spending it on things you don't need. And that's it, if she wants to know why you lied, say because you consider relationships to be about personality and not money, so you thought it didn't matter when you first met and up until this point. But you actually feel something more for her, so you want to be honest

Also maybe don't tell her exact amount, just say that you live comfortably and so would you both as a family

OP even though you did technically lie, I don't think you're a liar. If she flips out on you for not telling her sooner, that's a major red flag and you probably wouldn't want to be with someone like that anyway, right?

She should understand why you didn't tell her. It's better that you tell her soon, though, rather than when you're already married.

This.

Op look into an Aviva life insurance fund, you can take out an investment fund thats disguised as life insurance, and also really is life insurance but cant be touched durring a divorce.
Or talk to a financial planner about things to do with you money for your future children or future wife....

Money is no good unless it grows and you can enjoy it when you want or need to... to just sit and only hide it is dumb

Just say you got a raise to a still decent, normal wage, enough to raise a family and tuck the rest away for the future.... or opt to keep your finances a bit seperate but have a shared accout.... easiest way is setup direct deposit percentages of your paycheck into different accounts

this reminds me of that reddit screenshot of the woman who broke up with her bum of a bf because he wouldn't get a job, then found out he was actually some rotten rich kid who just dressed like a hobo and liked to play guitar rather than get a job...

Gotta protect yourself and what's yours. Never tell her but also never act like you need money. That other user that said increase your salary had a good idea.

This is likely bait, we have a thread every month or so with this basic premise
>I didnt tell my fiance about my large inheritance and now she's mad
Or
>I am secretly a rich Chad and I haven't told my gf what do Jow Forums?
Sage in all fields

I wouldn’t dump you if I really loved you. I would understand your reasoning. Just explain it to her. Be honest.