How to defeat Jow Forums block in a way that can't be defeated unless they ban cloudflare: 5 simple illustrated steps

How to defeat Jow Forums block in a way that can't be defeated unless they ban cloudflare: 5 simple illustrated steps

1. download firefox (pc or android)
2. enter about:config in the address field and press enter
3. type ‘esni’ in the search field, toggle ‘network.security.esni.enabled’ to true
Esni makes initial HTTPS requests encrypted, without it domain name is sent in the clear, which allows non-dns blocking via deep packed inspection. Used by South Korea.
4. type ‘trr’ in the search field
change network.trr.mode to 3
change network.trr.bootstrapAddress to 1.1.1.1
This step is required to escape DNS-level blocking (reports from several Australian ISPs)
and to enable ESNI (a technical limitation in current firefox).
5. test that ESNI is enabled, go to cloudflare.com/ssl/encrypted-sni/ test site and test if esni is working.

Attached: esni_no_censorship.png (860x1345, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.cloudflare.com/digital-evidence-across-borders-and-engagement-with-non-us-authorities/
opennic.org/
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1500235
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reported for terrorism

How to unblock on phone?

have a bump based polbro
of course the already-banned cannot see this post
Press F

sounds like white supremacy to me

Works on firefox on android, I don't have iphone to test if it works there, but probably does

>be australia
>get blocked
>oh no
>change dns
>works again
>took 2 seconds
cool job Telstra you faggots

you should enable ESNI even if you changed DNS. If they log packets your ISP knows you visit Jow Forums, with ESNI enabled they don't, they only see a request to Cloudflare CDN, extremely common.

>blog.cloudflare.com/digital-evidence-across-borders-and-engagement-with-non-us-authorities/
cloudflare post on how they deal with non-US law enforcement requests

Why doesn't voat work with this method?

>So Mr Anderson, what were you doing visiting 4channel dot com?
>I shitpost about pro wrestling, post in the taylor swift high resolution photo thread and help people who have no clue about cooking to know that if you're super poor that you should spend your money on rice, beans, bread, potato, chicken drumsticks and beef mince. please lock me up I'm a bad man
Pretty sure it's just shitty virtue signalling from Telstra. Shit, the only places I've seen more than a few seconds of the video were on fucking twitter.
But I'll think about it tommorow, bout to head to bed, only here to see if anyone else got blocked.

it works for me, weird.
One site that doesn't is archive.is
Archive.is uses a dns extension that requests the original ip of the requester, cloudflare strips that for privacy reasons.
Archive.is manually banned cloudflare dns because of that. It's a weird story.

voat uses cloudflare itself so it must be some caching issue, try restarting.
In any case cloudflare has cleartext access to everything sent to voat and Jow Forums anyway, so there's no privacy lost by using only them.

voat works if I disable esni

Jow Forums here
STOP RECOMMENDING SPYNET DNS SERVICES FOR FUCKS SAKE
1.1.1.1 collects data and censors websites according to their mood.

If you want real, not glowing in the dark DNS service
1. run one yourself
2. use one from opennic opennic.org/

Jow Forums and half of the internet already uses cloudflare, which means they have cleartext access to everything.
Jow Forums certificate is for a subdomain of cloudflaressl.com
voat certificate is issued by cloudflare itself
>1.1.1.1 collects data
they delete ip logs after 24 hours
>1. run one yourself
it's not possible to have esni with that at the moment.
It's better to use cloudflare dns with esni than other dns without it, as that means every domain is visible to your isp.

i have question marks instead of check marks on the test (with disabled ESNI and trr mode 0, bootstrap default i have x'es though). i tinkered with about:config before though, following tips from Hacker News and privacytools.io

thankyou

Also, remember to manually type https:// in front of boards.Jow Forums.org/pol. For some reason this site doesn't use https by default (probably because 4chins it's a honeypot run by the FBI).

Attached: 4chan.jpg (1434x1800, 660K)

After some reading I think your isp may be filtering cloudflare dns.
Try using 1.0.0.1 instead of 1.1.1.1
right, I use https everywhere

Wait, is there any point to use this if our gov doesn't give a fuck and we're not blocked like people in NZ?

>1.0.0.1

thanks, will try

Nope, same problem;however, Jow Forums works.

I get SSL_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION

did you disable firefox autoupdate? If you have version 65 I'm out of ideas

I have version 65.0.2 and did exactly as the OP says.

i used one for 10 minutes and then i had to reset to default because it stops working

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1500235
It could be a bug in cloudflare itself (cdn, not dns) handling of esni. In which case nothing can be done on your side.
ESNI is very new, it's only available in Firefox since September 2018, no other browser supports it yet.