Working class feels thread

ITT: We post family stories of the working class and social mobility.

I'll start:

>Grandfather was a postman. Grandmother was schoolteacher.
>Father's father was in the military. Father's mother was a nurse.

Family is well-off now, and I'm going to a good uni. Wbu anons?

Attached: C6QdQQPWgAAfsHb.jpg (509x499, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>be me
>factory worker
>12 bucks an hour to put metal into press
>put in 10 hours
>spic next door on welfare and blasts music at 1am
What’s the point of working again?

>dad was lawyer
>im unemployed and poor

I see /wrk/ finally made a post.
Nice
Yall on the /wrk/ discord yet?
T. Founder of /wrk/

Well if its any consolation your neighbour will never know the dignity that comes with a day of hard work.

Out of curiosity, are you worried about your job prospects? What worries you most, undercutting of your wages by immigrants or automation?

My dad and grandpa were both sheet metal workers. My grandpa was a higher up in the union. My dad told me my grandpa had gotten him a job in the early 80s, the project lasted 3-4 months and he was to make 18k which he said was a lot of money at the time. My dad now receives a 25 year pension.

wbu user? do you work on the factory line like your forefathers

>Dad was a carpenter, left us, now an alcoholic
>Mum was a hard working single mother trying to make ends meet for 4 children, sadly died from cancer when I was 18
>I'm now 28, single, live alone work in a kitchen 8hrs a day 5 days a week making just barely enough to pay bills, fines, repayments etc..
>Likely to be homeless or living with a family member on a fold out bed with a year
>Abbos in Australia getting weekly welfare double my income for jack all

Can't you just go on the dole? What prevents you from collecting neetbux from the state while you look for a better job?

Have been trying for months to get a new job, also asking current employer for more hours etc.

I currently make too much to earn government handouts but not enough to afford my shit.

I'll admit it's my fault. Was in a 7 year relationship, acquired lots of bills and debts but was able to pay them due to two incomes.

Now single with all the same debts and they're piling up.

Considering bankruptcy but need to speak to someone first.

My grandfather was a mechanic. My grandmother was a murder. My other grandfather was in the coastguard. My other grandmother I’m unsure of as she killed herself in the 70s. My dad and mom became successful marketing managers. I’m currently at a good high school with good grades and hopefully a future in politics.

user I wish you the best

>my grandmother was a murder

excuse me?

Oh shit typo. Nurse, not murder how tf did that autocorrect

>at a good high school

If you aren't even smart enough to not state you're a fucking kid in high school, you should get out

What state are you in

>DeWalt drill
>working class
Whatever you say, moneybags.

NSW

>postman
>school teacher
>military
>nurse
Those are all leech jobs now that suck taxpayer money.

Appreciate it!

I don't think so. They're all jobs that create some kind of net value for society, probably more than the cost of the services (maybe not postman these days).

If you arent a business owner you are a defacto leech. Fuck off!

>Mom is a director in a major hospital
>Dad went from robotisist to firefighter to nurse
>Step mom is nurse, currently going for her doctorate
>I’m studying to be a history teacher. About a year from graduation

Feels good

Both grandfathers and grandmothers were dirt poor (post WW2 central Europe)
Grandfather 1 was wine farmer, inherited and bought much land in the "Wachau" (look it up). Said land is now worth a metric shit ton of money.

Grandfather 2 had to leave his family at 15 because great-grandfather died and there was no food. Became a baker. Opened his own bakery. Made metric shit ton of money.

Mom/Dad: leading said bakery, making a lot less than a my grandpa but still richer than the average guys.

Me: Civil engineer also in university to get diploma. Working 8hours per week as a part time job. Already earning more money per hour than most people earn at the end of their work life

>Grand father was a coal miner
>Father joined military to escape poverty
>I move spreadsheets around for $80k/year

Sometimes I wish my job had more meaning. My role is based around requirements from 2005, as long as we do business in certain markets I have to maintain these pointless routines. Kind of low key looking for a government job.

I mean the money isn't nothing. Most gov jobs won't pay you as well. You can try to find meaning in things different than your work user

IDK, these FEMA jobs seem right up my alley and I'd be helping

>Supervisory Management & Program Analyst - 526749800
>Washington, District of Columbia
>$114,590 - $148,967 Per Year
>Apply by: March 18, 2019

>parents never had respectable jobs
>father worked in construction and a general laborer
>mother worked in nursing homes as a LNA
>bragged they were proud to make a combined $50k/yr
>lose some legal case they were involved in
>entire household became homeless
>I'm forced to drop out of high school in senior year
>get on my feet working at a few fast food restaurants for a number of years but cant really save because of useless NEET parents but eventually move out
>finally get my big break in 2004 at Walmart
>tfw this is probably the best paying job I will ever have

Hopefully things go different in my next life.

Attached: 15529289796576101407794811106763.jpg (4032x3024, 2.32M)

>work in construction during summer semester break
>basically carry sacks of godknowswhat up and buckets full of stones down for 8 hours
>literally every single guy who works there is a chain smoker

they an hour a day just to finance the cigs. I might come from a working class family, but i sure as shit am glad to be able to study.

Ever thought about trucking or construction? Maybe even night school if you think you can do it. Don't let your circumstances kill your dreams

>making 12/h for hard labor
fuck you are a fucking cuck holy shit

Newfags must read

Could be worse. Could have been a part of communist central europe

>grandma was a stay at home mother and my grandpa was a Physics professor
>my dad is an engineer and my mom was a nurse

Grandpa worked for a steel manufacturer, Grandma was stay at home.
Dad was an accountant, now executive at an oil company.
I'm a loser who does nothing

>Hopefully things go different in my next life.
Why? Enjoy what you have now. It could BE WAY WORSE.

also currently a uni student in Comp Engineering

H-hey um user, can I ask you for a small favour? C-come join this super active Jow Forums Discord server p-please, it's a really good server I promise! We can maybe even laugh at the Christchurch shooting livestream together if you did... so join using this link right now:
discord
.gg/s9Brkcp

f

Attached: join akarin 6.png (320x365, 219K)

Do you live in the South? Because $12 per hour to work a press sounds like you live in the South.

>he doesn't have a complete Hilti tool combo

Attached: king_of_the_shiggy_by_thatrandomnerd-d9c2fce.png (947x367, 403K)

My grandparents were olive farmers

>finally get my big break in 2004 at Walmart
THIS IS AMERICA
For real though walmart user, pick up a trade

Working class DNA is disgusting and should be genocided. Its hundred of years of accumulated DNA from meek domesticated christcuck serfs starting from the feudal middle ages. This disgusting DNA is so accumulated and prevalent that nowdays we are raised to believe that hard work and toiling is a virtue when it is the most worthless waste of time and energy to exist just like the people who are who are ok with are the most worthless waste of space and oxygen.

I said working class not greek peasants

>trucking
There's too many dumbfucks on the road.
>construction
Already lived in a van for a few years
>night school
I'm too burned out emotionally and physically nearly to the point of Tears on a daily basis. I sure as shit don't have the $10,000 a year that my local Community College expects me to pay up front.
>Don't let your circumstances kill your dreams
Any semblance of any dreams I had died back in the spring of 1998.

I suppose

I have no desire to be on job sites for week or months at a time. No one's going to hire somebody in their forties who is green as shit.

Attached: Walmart-Hires-Felons-1.jpg (1024x768, 81K)

Grandfather 1: dirt poor immigrant from South England
Grandmother 1: dirt poor picked cotton
Grandfather 2: WWII vet factory worker
Grandmother 2: dirt poor picked cotton

Grandfather 1 started a business and owns several US patents. I have college degree but won't ever have to really work and can live the rest of my life off his earnings.

do you think 1000 dollars of yangbux would help you? I can't figure out whether this is some nihilist meme or an effort to keep us placated

Attached: img-1816_1.jpg (556x258, 31K)

The real question is how would the market react to the sudden influx of $1,000 that every person gets. You have to realize that a large portion of America does not even have $500 on hand for an emergency.

Attached: 20190315_092558.jpg (2560x1440, 942K)

Dad was a sailor, then a sign-painter and then finally a fridge repairman. His father was a nurse and his mum an alcoholic.

Mum was a cleaner and school dinner-lady. Her father was a car mechanic and her mum a housewife.

I'm a scientific researcher.