My uncle was sadly shot at a gas station at night. It happened in Toronto last week, in the Midtown area

My uncle was sadly shot at a gas station at night. It happened in Toronto last week, in the Midtown area.

Our family has no clue why it happened, but the person was masked and was out to kill. He fired 14 bullets and fled. The police did not release the make and model of the vehicle, and have not told us much about their investigation.

My questions are:

1) Why would someone do something like this? Shoot someone in an area with so much surveillance and only two blocks from a police station (one of the largest police stations as well..)

2) Was it probably a hitman? There have been no leads and the police havent told us anything.

3) Does anyone have any information about this specific case? If by any chance any knows anything please let me know.

Should I even bother trying to pry into the details? Will it put my life in danger?

Attached: Capture.png (612x199, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

torontosun.com/news/local-news/man-critical-after-shooting-at-midtown-gas-station
globalnews.ca/news/5033910/man-shooting-gas-station-toronto/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1) Unjustified violence is very rare, most of the time the killer makes more victims if its pure Sadism. He could've have mistaken your uncle with someone else or your uncle was involved in something.

2) If nothing was stolen, probably. But that also means someone most likely had a grudge against him.

3)Nothing.

What do you mean pry into the details? Like trying to find the hitman and stuff? Yea it will very likely put your life in danger.

>The police did not release the make and model of the vehicle, and have not told us much about their investigation
When police do this they are protecting the perpetrator, they have no desire to solve the crime.

is this it?

torontosun.com/news/local-news/man-critical-after-shooting-at-midtown-gas-station

apparently the shooter was in a dark SUV.

By the way, if it is, i am glad your uncle is alright, your post led me to believe he was dead.

"dark-coloured crimson blue SUV"
globalnews.ca/news/5033910/man-shooting-gas-station-toronto/

>14 shots likely to the torso
Sounds more like a gang initeation than a hit man. A hit man would know where to hit and not try to just bleed and dip.

It doesn’t sound organized, I would keep your eyes open and try to see if another shooting happens near by. It sounds gang related since they do stupid shit and can’t aim a gun mid rage for a kill shot to save their life.

Sorry guys I fell asleep.

A couple of the shots were to the head. Actually.. the only shots that hit were to the head.

He's not dead but... we don't know how long his body will keep going for.

Some gangs require a random killing as initiation.

It may have been a matter of misidentification, the gunman thinking your uncle was someone else.

It may have been intended to hurt the station's business.

It may have been a random crazy guy

Oh, shit, nvm about my assumption, that's reversed now. That's likely a hit and the extra shots to the car were to potentially stall investigation out of people that are close to him.
>I watch way too many crime dramas/anime

>It may have been intended to hurt the station's business

Happens more often then you think, I once saw a brawl with 15+ people, the only reason for the brawl was to hurt a resturants business

For what purpose, though? Competition from another restaurant? Personal vendetta against the business owners? I've never heard of anything like that

Go after the guys that killed him and cut their heads off then send it to their families

It's not a random killing; it's specifically a killing that benefits the gang. A killing that benefits the gang - on top of benefiting directly - also carries the consequence that the killer can very easily be convicted IF the knowledgeable parties come forward. Who are those people? The other gangsters.

In other words, if your gang testifies against you then you spend life in prison.

What's this called? Insurance. It gives the gang a counterweight to prevent you from testifying against them, because they can testify against you too. A man with clean hands is untrustworthy to gangsters, even if they're only clean on the surface. Clean hands are a sign of talking to law enforcement, which is the last thing any murder-shop would want among its ranks.

Yeah, but why does a random innocent "civilian" have to die? That just draws unnecessary law enforcement attention to their operation. Gangsters are dumb, there are better ways to handle this
>bro you better falsify your tax returns right now and file that shit right in front of us. don't you dare report that earned income
>bro, you see this tag on your mattress that says "do not remove under penalty of law?" take these scissors bro, you know what to do
>bro, just tuck that Pepsi under your jacket and walk out all calm like, if you pay for that shit we know you're a narc
I would be really, really good at organized crime

>oh boy, the autism is strong with this canadian
It's also considered an "oath written with blood" for the explicit purpose that the gangster's life now belongs to the gang and they have leverage to put that gangster in the ultimate punishment "jail."
No, sacrificing an animal won't resolve as an equivalent either, my boy. Nobody cares about that petty crime bs because no police persue that shit.

You're just jealous because I'm an innovator and you're stuck in the past. brb, starting a gang

(◔_◔)

I just want to say that gangsters don't use murder as leverage. It's a test to see how far that person is willing to ride for the gang.

If they were to use that as leverage, whoever talked to the police to bust him would be implicated in the conspiracy to commit murder. That's a prison sentence. A prison sentence with a gang jacket, so probably twice the time. Then, since prison gangs are ruthless, once the snitch gets into general population, he'll be dealt with severely. Sure, the dude who commit the murder will be locked up too, but he'll just be another homie on the yard kicking it for 25 years. Probably become a footsoldier for whatever prison gang is running things there. Prison isn't the ultimate punishment, it's the place where real power is fought for and held in the criminal world..

There exists such a thing as an anonymous tip line, and real gangsters carry burn phones basically at all times.

1) because people are fucked up, it could have been that the dude wanted to rob but couldn't, guy could have been high or the guy might have just wanted to kill someone.
2) no it probably isn't, and most crimes go unsolved. It doesn't work like it does on TV.

The police aren't going to share details of the investigation with anyone not involved with the investigation in an official investigative capacity.
You seem to be living in a fantasy land. You could go ahead and pry into the details if you want but you won't get far and you won't be in danger unless you do something stupider than the idea that your uncle was gunned down by a hitman and the whole thing is a conspiracy that the police are in on because they won't reveal to you the inner processes of their investigation.

Grow up and let them do their job, jackass. The world doesn't revolve around you.