If sharing the NZ shooting video is now illegal and people are getting arrested for it...

If sharing the NZ shooting video is now illegal and people are getting arrested for it, what would happen if someone in the states had a VPN, pointed it towards NZ and shared the video? Would the NZ government come after you or try?

Attached: sweating.jpg (177x177, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kiwifarms.net/threads/2019-03-17-new-zealand-police-we-would-like-to-preserve-any-posts-and-technical-data-including-ip-addresses-email-addresses-etc.54376/
twitter.com/infinitechan/status/1106894519859974144
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NZ retard censor laws mean fuck all in the US. This is the internet.

Juris my dick tion

NZ cops sent an information request to KiwiFarms. He told them to fuck off.
kiwifarms.net/threads/2019-03-17-new-zealand-police-we-would-like-to-preserve-any-posts-and-technical-data-including-ip-addresses-email-addresses-etc.54376/

Wrong fag
The constitution is toilet paper, get ready for legislation to smear it.

Well now, that was definitive.

Is it illegal to have the video saved?

Never follow retarded laws.

They will send you a strongly worded letter and then block your site when you fail to comply.

No, they would arrest the VPN

I'm just curious if they can make a video illegal, I don't have it.

They'd have a valid argument to request information from the VPN, and in this case I think most every country would ultimately comply, even if there is initial pushback due to the nature of the incident.

IE don't be a fucking psychopath you mentally challenged dickwad

Just to expand, there is a valid comparison to this being akin to the cell "leaderless resistance" type of model that ISIS uses - ie it's essentially the same as spreading ISIS propaganda.

Just do it and find out.
What's the worst that can happen? I don't think a yank can get arrested by a kiwi cop for sharing shit that isn't illegal in yank land.

I think terrorism sucks, but I think thought policing is worse.

Possession of the video itself can't be made illegal in most countries with laws protection journalism/academia - actively sharing it can very well be made illegal

I don't see how it possibly could be. It would be like having ISIS beheadings on your computer. It's for science.
This.

They ain't gonna do shit you little lefty cuckboy

>help me
>help me
>help me
>help me
BOOM

Attached: 1552857183251.jpg (980x742, 329K)

Kiwi jail looks better then my shit Canukastan life, save me Kiwi glow in the darks!! I wont stop mailing hard copys still you save me from this helll!!! ahhhhhhh!

Attached: thHZKTKVF7.jpg (166x197, 12K)

Only one way to find out. Goodluck!~

Attached: pumped_up_kicks.webm (864x480, 1.9M)

Don't make me get my ATM

They would likely target the NZ server/company operating the server. But then given most VPNs are in offshore jurisdictions, it probably wouldn't lead anywhere. Perhaps the NZ data centre would have to fight it.

>And I don't give a single solitary fuck what section 50 of your faggot law say about sharing your email. Fuck you and fuck your shithole country.
FUCKING BASED FLORIDA MAN

Attached: 1skiq3.jpg (1600x1200, 288K)

VPNs comply with ISIS related stuff - I see the same rules applying

I mean, you'd still need your home country to cooperate with NZ though.

So I guess that could be part of your mental calculation.

Rip I'm gonna get arrested now. Nice knowing you bros.

as long as the kiwis paid to bring me back I have no doubt my government would turn me over

Attached: th[3].jpg (143x192, 9K)

What do you mean? Many VPNs don't collect logs and they're offshore corporations in Seychelles or something. NZ police don't have jurisdiction, the most they can do is pursue whatever data centre is operating the server. Most VPNs don't care, which is why they incorporate offshore, sometimes even using nominee directors to hide their identities. It would lead nowhere for such an insignificant police force. If it were the FBI on the other hand and some terrorist related activity it would be a different story.

Come to 2ch, that video has been posted in literally every webm thread, complete with sound, and you can post it there too if that makes you feel better

Precisely this, it's not about whether you live in NZ or not, it's about how cucked your own country is.
For instance, if you live in the UK or Germany (such as myself) I wouldn't risk distributing the video.

This is a terrorist related activity - the same process organizations use for ISIS can be used for this because the support network for white supremacists is the same in terms of how it's organized/structured on the internet and offline. If they track down them, they will track down people who actively propagate this kind of material.

FBI has traditionally tracked white supremacist group before, just because they've been slacking the last few years doesn't mean they can't (nor shouldn't) expand - there's been such a major surge in activity since late 2000s that it's surprising we haven't seen a crackdown before. There's no way they'll not start categorizing white power groups the same way considering how similar the profiles are.

Fuck me dead. That reply was so American that it made me squee.

Attached: 1530718037816m.jpg (1024x749, 139K)

>He hasn’t burned it onto a DVD yet

nothing is illegal if you don't get caught

twitter.com/infinitechan/status/1106894519859974144
>The 8*chan administration is responding to law enforcement regarding the recent incident where many websites were used by a criminal to publicize his crime. We always comply with US law and won't comment further on this incident so as not to disrupt the ongoing investigation.
I wonder if Jow Forums is cooperating with the feds ... They most likely do

Attached: 1544512625256.png (640x360, 59K)

>That reply was so American
That's why I shared it here Ameribros. You're welcome.

Right, but some of these VPNs are operating thousands of servers. Imagine the resources to try and identify one individual posting it to an image board via a logless VPN located in some irrelevant country. If it were being disseminated on a mass scale via one IP, I could see them actively pursuing and prosecuting them. Otherwise it would be a violation of a data centre's AUP, but I have yet to see an ISP held criminally responsible for the actions of a customer.

Jow Forums has always cooperated with law enforcement.

You're fucked dude
They just raided the dorm next to mine. Dude was fag neet anyway
UI

>I wonder if Jow Forums is cooperating with the feds ... They most likely do
Of course they do. But they only cooperate to the extent of the law because contrary to other "community driven" website, Jow Forums goal is in itself : existing as an anonymous image board. Other website goal is to grow a userbase and sell the juicy ad spots. So everything that is not illegal in the united state (read : only ever Pedohpilia and copyright claimed content hosting due to US free speech law) is fair game.
Due to Jow Forums structure and thread dyings, copyritght claim would refer to 404'ed pages by the time hiroshimmot even receive them. And he as no incentive to make it easier because he isn't getting any money from them.
So really the only thing that feds have access to is who post pedophile content or illegal stuff when using a proper warrant (like in murder cases to gather evidence).

>pointed it towards NZ

Attached: WTFAMIREADING.jpg (400x399, 62K)

you know what he meant. don't be a fag
thank god that I never fedposted.
And luuuuul I never thought NZ would go so apeshit about this video...

Attached: 1527212197846.jpg (573x493, 43K)