BREAKING: MAJOR ASTEROID EXPLOSION OVER RUSSIA IN DECEMBER

>Blast released 10 times more energy than the atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima in 1945
>government agencies either covered it up or are too inept to detect an asteroid that could decimate New York City six times over
> brainlets on Jow Forums are actually concerned about how much melanin their neighbors have

Humanity is doomed because of retards like you, Jow Forums. You’d rather waste money on a wall than spend it on Earth’s defenses. You’ll be the death of us all.

Attached: EE3C4736-9291-47B8-ABE7-577BD2068B5A.jpg (750x366, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/simon_sat/status/1107613140240531463
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_Crater
youtube.com/watch?v=eoSdH04wjYo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good I was bored of this planet anyways.

Attached: Blank+_a7f24aec336af9d651d0f1dab8d22132.jpg (480x502, 57K)

so 150 kilotons? lol who the fuck cares, there have been bombs 100 times bigger detonated in russia.

Have to wonder if this was the real reason its been so fucking cold. Massive explosion in atmosphere causing a displacement of air currents.

Destroy NYC x6, you say that like it is a bad thing

Post links OP your thread is too vague. The pic doesn't imply a meteor will hit but that hit long ago in December

>disintegrated in the atmosphere

Thank God for all those thick GHGs, burned up easy.

Attached: 1552295240850.jpg (3024x4032, 1.02M)

It wasn't over Russia, it was over the ocean. That's why nobody saw it at the time. There was nobody around.

Look, it's wise to be concerned with large Earth crossing objects colliding with the planet, because the evidence that it happens is overwhelming, and if we were unlucky enough to have a meteor impact over a populated area a lot of people could die. But there's no conspiracy to cause it, and very little that could be done to prevent it. At least there are a lot of astronomers trying to catalog all possible problem objects.

NORAD would have tracked this, that stuff aint slippin through.

Tunguska, those meteors last year now this.
Why the northern hemisphere? Why not africa? Is there science behind this?

the reason it's been so cold is global warming weakening the polar vortex which is letting cold arctic air get all the way down here

>last year
I meant years ago.

The actual images from NASA are unimpressive because the satellites that took the pictures are so far away.

twitter.com/simon_sat/status/1107613140240531463

This is only the beginning wait for June and then for October/November there will be more activity in the upcoming years.

Ah gotcha

They could theoretically hit anywhere. There's probably a lot more that hit over water where we'll never see any evidence of them. Chelyabinsk was noteworthy because it was captured by so many cameras. Tunguska is noteworthy because it was extensively studied. It's not that these impacts don't happen other places, it's just that when they do there aren't enough people around with enough cameras to bring attention to them.

Here's one of the more famous impacts from the Southwest United States. It's 50,000 years old, which is within the time frame of human habitation.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_Crater

I have no evidence that there are imminent meteor strikes in the coming months. Why do you think there will be?

Trump started space force and put more money into military tech to combat threats like this. Sage pussy

It's worth caring about because if that meteor had struck, say, Santiago, you could have five million people killed in an instant.

They didn't though, and it did.

>Tunguska

look at a map
>Northern hemisphere
>Surface is 60.7% water, compared with 80.9% water in the case of the Southern Hemisphere
>and it contains 67.3% of Earth's land.

comets don't show up when they fall over ocean, or when nobody's watching.
I agree with OP that humanity's hopes against comet are woeful and we need to ramp up exo-terran development
however an important question is why is there so much concern shilling about huge explosions over Russia? I think there's more to this media manipulation.
Although the realities of Earth history are far from their microscopic machinations...

Attached: 1517955511951.jpg (643x321, 24K)

asteroids only fall in Siberia

>we need to ramp up exo-terran development
That's science fiction.

>why is there so much concern shilling about huge explosions over Russia?
Because it's brand new. By tomorrow everyone will go back to not caring, and it'll get memory holed.

And? More food for the rest of us lol

Because there's just as good a chance it could hit over Sao Paolo and then it would kill 12 million.

Besides as soon as it happens once in modern times there will be unilateral action to prevent more and tons of money sunk into astronomical surveillance.

Considering that 80% percent of the world's land surface is covered with shitskin subhumans, I'm perfectly ok with those odds.

But the planet got saved you dimwit

Why do most of the asteroids crash over Russia tho? The magnetic pole in Siberia?

Maybe not in the upcoming months but for sure in the upcoming years and in those months because is when the earth passes the Taurid meteor stream so sooner or later we are gonna get hit by some large object and there's evidence that this is a cyclical event, last one was 10,000 years ago, many deny it but there's really strong evidence of this.

Again, and? Quit whining, if it doesn't wipe humanity out we're mint.

> >we need to ramp up exo-terran development
>That's science fiction.

science fiction precludes science fact.
see pic related

and you misused the term 'memory holed'.

Attached: oneworldjobmarket.jpg (800x385, 90K)

If theres a chance it will kill white people then we should worry

>and
just skip to the end where the actually joke is please

How far up in the atmosphere did it explode though?

Imagine actually believing this cringy shit

5 gorillion*

Weird how they are always over Russia.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that we watch the airspace over Russia more because of the nukes. Maybe others hit and go undetected because no one is looking hard enough in that part of the sky.

Attached: 17.jpg (768x1024, 72K)

>I'm going to live in fear from space rocks that only like to hit Russian
K

Why is it always in russia? A few years back there was also a small one that was filmed
There was also the one that destroyed a big chunk of forest way back.

Well there's also a good chance the meteor could be far larger and extinct humanity altogether. Or perhaps just strike in the Mediterranean and creat thousand foot tsunamis that wipe out all of Southern Europe.

They don't. See

OP, do you honestly believe that dark skinned spear chuckers could deflect a meteor? Taking care of dark skins is what is holding humanity back. If we didn't waste so many resources on them, we could have orbital space lasers around every terraformed world to protect them from harm. But instead we have Tyrone and Shanikra chiming out because SNAP won't pay for their shoes.

because russia is so big

So, the Earth has regular meteor showers like the Tuarids every year. There's never a problem with them. There's no reason to think the risk of a large meteor impact is any greater today than it was a thousand years ago.

>twitter.com/simon_sat/status/1107613140240531463

It's pretty fucking cool it it was caught in a satellite image.

There is no defense, nor will there ever be, for something that small. It was smaller than the one that exploded over Russia a few years back and rattled some walls and broke some windows. And that's all this one would have done had it been over a city -- they explode at a great altitude.

I suppose I'm not as glib about the possibility of millions of deaths as you are. Especially when it's as likely to be me or someone I care about as it is to be anyone else.

Confirmation bias. We remember the examples of science fiction that come true, we tend to forget the ones that don't. I'm still waiting on my flying cars and Jetson's robot maid.

>Earth's defenses
>not redirecting it to Islamabad, Tehran, Mecca or another sandnigger hideout
Shut up

It's probably more closely related to the fact that Russia has the largest land area of any nation on Earth.

> Satellite image.

Looks like photoshopped CGI.

Which NASA is known for.

Obviously you don't understand what an impact that large would do to our atmosphere.
If something smacks into the earth that big, you can say goodbye to food. Even if it just wipes out a city, global economy and agriculture will erupt.

Nothing could be done to prevent it? How about stop mass producing Chinese dragon dildos and smart speakers and single use Styrofoam containers and focus on improving our situation?

So basically you are saying Russia is such a shithole that blast 10x a nuke went off and no one noticed for 4 months? Sounds about right.

What I think is more impressive is that some astronomer doing a routine visual inspection of the same sorts of images that he looks at every day was able to catch that tiny little flash and realize it was a meteor.

Don't underestimate the danger of these things, though. They certainly have the ability to cause massive destruction.

How would China producing fewer consumer goods do anything about meteor strikes?

It would not have. It exploded in the upper atmosphere.

Again, smaller explosion than the Chelyabinsk object which broke some windows and set off some car alarms.

The meteor is a false flag by Mossad.

ARE YOU READY TO DIE?

I KNOW I AM

youtube.com/watch?v=eoSdH04wjYo

Attached: crab rave.gif (260x146, 896K)

>doing a routine visual inspection of the same sorts of images that he looks at every day
That just makes it more plausible though, if he is used to seeing something, noticing discrepancies is easier.

Yeah for sure but the fact is that large meteor impacts do happen and people should be aware of it, like some other user said, if the one op asteroid posted happened to explode above a large city there would be millions of dead people and by statistics alone our civilization is in danger of one of those hitting and causing a major disaster.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_Crater

>What should we name this meteor crater Cleetus?
>Errrr Meteor Crater

FATCLAP LOGIC

What happens when the next one is 10% bigger than Chelyabinsk, and has a slightly more metallic composition, and has a slightly different angle so as to explode closer to the surface?

It's OK you misused "precludes." From context I assume you meant "precedes.'

I suppose. Still, it looks like a tiny difference to me.

I agree with you, although I don't know that more people being aware of a threat they can do nothing about would help. Astronomers estimate that objects this large strike the Earth 2-5 times per century.

If it was to be you, it would be sudden and brief, and also very painful. But you're pretty much already dead since human life span is very short. Enjoy it while it lasts, the biggest "meteor" is not a meteor but everything else around you that can kill you with much more reliability. I'm not saying for us to not put effort into finding ways to stop meteors from wiping us out, but considering how much we have to solve within ourselves and everyone else in order to shift our focus to that, only a big boom is going to awake people to the dangers of being in a planet. Hopefully it won't be the last boom.

>an impact that large
But isn't OP saying that it happened in december? And 10-times-hiroshima bombs have already been dropped.

Either way you're right about those risks

Suka blyat, again.

>Weird how they are always over Russia.

Attached: meteorsssssss.jpg (932x497, 52K)

Fewer useless distractions and a shift away from the consumerist culture. Technocracy now

>2 over Russia
>1 over ocean near Russia

>Always

Any correlation to the late september solar observatory shutdown in new mexican then the otger wite two weeks later?

It's also called Canyon Diablo Crater, and Barringer Crator. It's actually named Meteor Crater after the local post office.

>lands more often in densely populated areas with sensors
>doesnt land in sparsely populated areas with no sensors

What did they mean by this?

You have a very dark world view.

Okay, but I don't see what that has to do with Chinese manufacturing.

Don't worry it's just America's Secret Space Force trying to send a message

>being this retarded and actually thinking race has to do with melanin and not the vastly inferior brains of these savage peoples.

Attached: black-vs-european-brain.png (936x434, 188K)

That's racist! Also, learn to spell.

The dangers lie within how a ground impact so large would affect the economy, and a ground impact is what affects the atmosphere. Don't get me wrong- if an aerial impact happened in december, it certainly affected the atmosphere. Might be why I was outside fishing by february of last year and this year it's mid march and where I am the lakes are still frozen over. Thanks for being open to discussion, usually guys here just posture up and freak out like they can't be any amount of misinformed.

Well that's just like, your opinion, man

>a shitton of meteors all over europe
>zero on greece

We are truly God's chosen.

SPACE

FORCE

What the message?

>Especially when it's as likely to be me

More correctly, it is just as unlikely to be you or somebody you love as anybody else in all of recorded history.

A major asteroid or comet strike that kills a lot of people has never happened, and while there is always a chance it MIGHT Happen, the odds of it happening during your lifetime are literally astronomically low. Not only have we no knowledge of any mass catastrophe where people were killed by a meteor impact, but we have no known case of anybody at all being killed. Last time I looked, there was only one case of a person who was struck by one -- it punched through the roof of her house and hit her, creating a nasty bruise, and wound up in the basement of her rented house, sparking a nasty lawsuit over who owned it.

We definitely ought to be continuing efforts to catalogue all the Earth-crossing objects that we can, and it would be worth a decent investment to prepare some way of dealing with one that needs to be dealt with.

Objects as small as the bolides being discussed in this thread are way to small to be detectable in time to stop them, and are not likely to do much more than mild local damage in any case.

Attached: meteor.jpg (650x893, 107K)

Shush, grownups are talking.

1) I'd like to see an asteroid wipe out NYC. SF & LA too.

2) I'd rather see an asteroid wipe out all life on Earth than see the niggers, Arabs, and chinks inherit control of the Earth from us.

>the reason it's been so cold is global warming

Yep. Been saying this for years. People ask me, why is it getting colder? I tell them it's global warming, of course. And when it's getting hotter and they ask me why's it so hot?? I tell them it's the global cooling! Geez. Not sure why these folks don't understand simple words.

ahem.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 221K)

>earth's moon and sun are named moon and sun
earthlings BTFO

>Don't underestimate the danger of these things, though. They certainly have the ability to cause massive destruction.

These things, on the scale of the one in December, are not capable of dong more then mild local damage. Objects that would fuck is over are much rarer, and much bigger.

And yes, we ought to be taking those more seriously. The risk is extremely remote, but if one DID hit that would be game over, man, game over. Might as well get the tech ready to shove one out of the way -- in the meantime such tech is going to be useful for all sorts of other stuff.

The chances of that happening are real, but extremely remote. Note how many cities in history have been wiped out by asteroid strikes... zero, yes?

Which does not say it can;t happen at some point, but it does indicate it is low on the list of things we ought to prioritize.

Dealing with the ones that are big enough to do planetary damage would be a good idea, the risk is even more remote, but the size of the pot is a lot bigger.

There are a handful of examples of meteorites striking property and causing minor damage. Historically, there are examples of meteor impacts. People usually assigned mystic significance to them and often forged their iron into swords. The muslims still worship one.

But recorded history only goes back about 8,000 years at best. There is evidence of much larger meteor impacts within the time frame of human existence which may very well have killed large numbers of people. But since they died we'd never know about it.

Or if you want to look into geologic time, you can see impacts far larger than these. The K-T impactor, for instance, is thought to have caused a global mass extinction. From watching the shoemaker levy 9 event, we can calculate that humanity would be unlikely to survive a similar impact, and that one's not even 30 years old.

I agree it's unlikely. But it's also unwise to completely ignore the possibility.

No.

This object would have been way too small to be detected by observatories.

it's incredibly unlikely that it would hit a city. Like i cant do the math but the it's vanishingly fucking small, the entire world is basically empty

Congress charged NASA with detecting 90% of objects this size by 2020. NASA, citing budget cuts (from congress) has since asked for an extension to 2030. They're not impossible to detect, it's just that insufficient resources are being spent on doing so.

That map has nothing to do with sensors, it shows impact sites; craters.

They show up all over the world, places where we don't see them tend to be less well explored or more subject to erosion erasing the evidence -- or the ocean, where ti makes more of a splash than a crater.

You are truly an area of active geology that does not preserve craters.

>melanin
Nigger, we measure haplogroups, here.

>>earth's moon and sun are named moon and sun

You know why right? Of course you don't because you're detached from your ancestry. Read the Havamal and Prose Edda, you'll learn why day is day, night is night, sun and moon are sun and moon. Awaken, Germanic blood.

We seem to be on the same page here. Large objects capable of doing us serious damage are extremely rare, but if one DID hit we'd lose everything. It would make sense to take precautions -- find as many of them as we can, which we are doing now, and develop systems that could redirect them, which we are not yet doing in a serious way.

Worrying about 20 m bolides exploding in the upper atmosphere is a waste of time.

Objects this size are a few tens of meters across. They can be detected when they are very close to us, otherwise using current technology they are undetectable.

But they are not threats to us. The big stuff that might kill us off needs to be found, though new comets will continue to show up forever.

Finding them, of course, is half of what you need to do. And the easy half.