Tucker Carlson has a good idea on student loans

He was doing a rant on how student loans are causing young people to be in debt. People who use student loans can't be subject to bankruptcy laws and have to pay. Tuckers idea would be to make the University co-sign the loan. If the student fails to pay then the university is on the hook for the debt.

I like this.

Attached: college.jpg (674x378, 85K)

You have a good idea on being stupid mutt

That's utterly retarded.

Get a loan and grants if you can't afford uni.

Too many jews sit on the boards of colleges. Same reason big pharma will never be fixed.

How is it retarded?

Why should the university be fined for having retarded students? Won’t this just encourage increased elitism from colleges, to safeguard their own financial interests?

>Get a loan if you can't afford uni

That's really the source of the problem. What Tucker is pretty much pitching is

>Universities will keep their prices in check and ensure employable degrees otherwise they'll be stuck with student debt

So, you wouldn't have Kaylee going for an Arts Degree that cost 200k because ShekelStein University wouldn't be stupid enough to cosign for that debt.

This is a fine idea. That way unis would have to offer an education over ideaology.

Why the fuck should a university want retarded students?

Yes.
>and thats a good thing

Umm, great. So like, what about every gen Y and Z who was ripped off over the last 25 years? We're the ones fucked right now

you're talking to pic related

Attached: 1527148079784.png (600x555, 281K)

Because they can throw a football

idk why Tuck focused on universities, doesn't the US gov hand off all the fed loan debt to (((servicers))) and other (((financial institutions)))?

OH NO
keep the debt, you anti semites

Attached: unhappy merchant2.jpg (429x552, 111K)

Whats the point of sending retarded kids to university?

They're ones letting them in and educating them. They should be on the hook if their alumni turn out to be failures.

Yes, but it also insures a huge portion of student debt securities.

Yes this, the colleges are predatory NPC brainwashing factories that need some skin in the game.

One of the issues he brought up is go to any university. EVERYTHING is brand new and the teahers are getting 6 figures while the heads 7. Go on Amazon and by a book, 20$ maybe? Now get a university book, $800. Why? Because they can.

>So, you wouldn't have Kaylee going for an Arts Degree
You mean Kaleesha going for an Afro-Gender Intersectional Oppresion degree

The most default and loan delinquencies are concentrated to the shittiest colleges -- both private and public -- who literally let in thousands of low IQ folks because they're easiest to exploit and they KNOW they don't have the capacity to earn a credential. It's fraud, man. It's really sad actually

Yeah, but I imagine that's actually what's going to happen. Either the government will drop insurances for securities and the market will tank for them, or universities will be curtailed, but for those who actually have the debt, I imagine it'll just be a lost generation.

We can't even get a wall built much less something like that

That too, I mean, universities are very interested in making money, and a part of making money is not cosigning 200k for niggers.

Cucker get paid 30 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR to make sure you stay on board the right wing capitalist agenda.

Attached: 1552601000494.jpg (576x700, 78K)

We’ve been saying this forever you retarded fucking boomer. When you hear something on Tee Vee for the first time, there’s a zero percent chance that whoever said it “had an idea.”

The point is to awaken the public consciousness to the rotteness of the system.
It will all implode soon.

Yes, elitism for higher education is good. Retarded students shouldn't have been students in the first place, and this would be the financial incentive for universities to keep themselves in check, instead of trying to throw the net as wide as possible.
Also better add in more national standards for student performance, to make sure universities don't just give people a free ride.

Attached: 1546513298842.png (400x534, 287K)

Just get rid of government backed student loans. It's been a disaster since it's inception. Everything the critics said would happen has come true.

proof he signed a new contract with Fox? I think he's still making like $3M-5M, old contract

Umm, then the jews would just ripoff kids with no remorse and high interest

It's easy, just allow a limited amount of student loans to be discharged in bankruptcy, probably around $25K-50K USD. Student loan sharks having complete bankruptcy protection for their loans was, and currently still is a retarded policy because they have no accountability for subprime loaning, but being able to rack up $100K for a medical degree and then discharge it all is just as retarded.

Attached: 1511387534431.gif (290x337, 2.34M)

Anything to bankrupt the morally bankrupt universities is good in my book.

>Add in more national standards

I honestly am conflicted about how to address this. Like if we do raise standards for entry to a crazy degree, Jackie Chan and his yellow friends will still cheat the system and get in. Likewise, the cry of racism will be deafening when there are 0 black students in a lot of higher universities. I guess by having more consistent curriculum you could effectively just have people get into universities and fail the fuck out.

If you're honestly going to go for debt forgiveness, why half ass it? Because of some sense of justice?

Like the retard that does need bankruptcy is the one where the interest on their loans surpasses their actual income. Y'know, where the debt is actually unpayable.

Make public college tuition free. End usury now. End this bullshitting.

undergrad debt should be wiped for poor and middle income folks. this stu loan shit gets distorted as fuck when you try to tack on MBAs, JDs, MDs and all the bullshit graduate degrees that are $60K+ each. average UNDERGRAD student debt is $37,000

You would start to see a shard drop off of letting anyone with a pulse getting accepted and earning a meme degree. Colleges would crack down on frivolous spending such as students failing or withdrawing from class, academic probation would be cracked down on. The monopoly on books would come to an end. And finally you would probably see more colleges setting up more shit to help find jobs for students in their last semester or two.

Correct
Universities currently have no skin in the game and that is the problem.

So we can pay for our new head coach’s salary, and pay for the 40 part timers we underpay so the full time faculty can teach 3 classes a year and not do any work.

No, then they’d just increase tuition to X+$20-25k and nothing would change. Fully dischargeable is the only free market solution.

Why? Like, what is the point of lending someone something at 100% interest if they have no intention of paying it and they have no collateral?

So two lost generations in a row. Maybe the problem is the system?

Agreed.

I’m a fan of Tucker but he is wrong on this. Borrow money, pay it back. Not difficult.

>Likewise, the cry of racism will be deafening when there are 0 black students in a lot of higher universities.
A price I'm willing to pay

Attached: 1544009879576.jpg (640x623, 49K)

I'm not saying the system is fine, I'm saying that the system will try to take the least effort solution of not making the problem even worse.

t. non jew

Very good idea. Maybe the colleges will stop padding their degrees with useless credits that provides no skills.

Explain, Moshe.

Attached: 1551582131324.jpg (700x669, 63K)

why should borrowing money for college have a special carve out in bankruptcy law?

That’s sort of the system we have now.

You said end gov loans, i.e. Stafford Loans. You didn't say end student loans being non-dischargeable debt, which is part of what makes them "guaranteed", isn't it? Student loans from gov or private lender follow you FOR LIFE

I also didn't understand why this was.

Real reform will never happen. Too much money at stake and universities control state legislatures and academics are dotted all over federal government

>Lend absurd amounts of money to pretty much children
>Brain washed children who have pretty much no financial literacy
>Prevent any sort of measures to insure non-predatory lending
>OY VEY GOYIM, JUST PAY IT BACK

The best part is, we're paying for it regardless because the government insures against default.

>sorry we no longer give out student loans

Attached: pikachu.png (1354x784, 869K)

I know. It’s just my generation and the onright before me, the one that got hit by the 2008 bobble worries me.

They have done studies showing that 2008 grades are doing worse now than 2005 grands and 2012 graduates. I’m rounding the numbers from memory so please forgive me.

Because every doctor would declare bankruptcy after finishing $300,000 medical school at age 26? then proceed to go finish their residency and fellowship over next 4-7 years, then make BANK at age 32-33 and have no student loans?

Bankruptcy law. Doesn’t matter if you can’t pay, you’re a slave for life. Distorts the free market “value” of a degree.

I'm not the guy you're quoting originally, but I assumed he means just dropping government insurances and protections. So, you would get people giving crazy high interest rates on this unsecured debt for student loans. Which would be ultimately pointless as the only people who would take those loans wouldn't plan on paying them.

a lot of total idiots went back to "college" to live off financial aid refunds. millions of people were desperate and didn't really want to be in college. and shitty colleges were EAGER to exploit them. sad as hell

Fine with me dude. Force them to admit that their product sucks.

Ending secured* would be key. But if they were still secured and non-dischargeable debt, the jews would get to work raping students. Loan crisis would be 10x worse in short order

I don’t think you know how bankruptcy works.

No student loans for worthless degrees would be better. If you want a PHD in Feminist Theory, or something equally useless, then you should finance your education without US Taxpayer's help..

Because they keep giving spots to tards and teaching them grievance studies.

This kills that business model.

Of course it also means more Whites and Asians in the Ivies, coincidentally.

You don't think bankruptcy would be abused by people who get expensive degrees? I also don't think that's a healthy way to go about this. Undergrad debt should be forgiven. It's slaughtering this country

I agree with this with stipulations. Like the university is responsible as long as you graduate with a 3.0 or higher. Then your inability to pay your loans is strictly because of the quality of the product.

You want the university to cover a loan to themselves? Sheeeet next you'll tell me child brides are normal and just cause women are primitive idiots.
>inb4 they are! they're emotional and irrational!
Incels gonna incel.

Student loans are a fucking retarded idea to begin with. If students are smart, they'll get financial aid from the school or scholarships. If they're rich, they'll pay. If you're not smart and not rich, don't go to fucking college.

Student loans and federal aid increase college prices because the gap is always covered. If people couldn't always "afford" college (via huge loans), then colleges would charge less.

Tucker is laying out an incentive structure that would make this happen.

>boohoo what about me? save me from my dumb decisions

No. Make smarter choices.

The education system should serve the economy, and therefore the people.
With the current education system, economic opportunity has been destroyed. This harms the nation as a whole. The debt lenders can go fuck themselves

Universities should be elite, tard. That’s the point, and why it’s called “higher education”

making more money isn't the key to a comfortable life
frugality is
buy a smaller home(preferably in a rural area because real estate is cheaper and you can afford one with any job)

my cousin makes 100,000 year and has to work from sun up to sun down because of all the crap he has that is paying for.

Attached: 190315 GFRIEND(여자친구)SPRING TOUR 2019 BLOOM in Nagoya - Photo time - 소원 직캠-ZM3xLkx3NM (1920x1080, 2.93M)

Nor do the children have any economic opportunity outside of a degree

all the crap that he has that he is paying for*

he also has to pay hoa fees and high property taxes

HOW ABOUT DO NOT TAKE A LOAN YOU DO NOT WANT TO PAY BACK?
So what your saying is under this system i can go to a medical school for hundreds of thousands of dollars declare bankruptcy and the school will pay?BRILLIANT

>Charity or nothing
How about just making student loans more difficult to access by forcing the lender to assume risk? Constraining e.g. your pool of engineering and medical graduates on the basis of donor money seems ridiculous

Good plan. Instantly kills the come spend $50k/year on our illustrious college - major in womin studies - be a barista business plan colleges abuse

>i can go to a medical school for hundreds of thousands of dollars
That's part of the problem. They charge that much for overpriced books, teachers/professors who overpaid, and a University built like a palace.

AND NO ONE TELL ME OH THEY'D HAVE TO PAY BECAUSE THATS HOW BANKRUPTCY WORKS EVENTUALLY YOU PAY
>do degree for years
>zero debt becuase lol i don't want to work as a doctor
>save up and move to another country to avoid debt
I know people can do it now but atleast there is some weight to the decision to go university.

Just fucking end usury you dumb cunt. No interest means student loans are now actually able to be paid off.

How hard is this?!? You could just pilot program it and limit to just academic loans to start.

I think maybe we only disagree on HOW the debt should be forgiven. The reason people can’t pay back their student debt is because the market value of their education is less than what they paid to get their education. This is because bankruptcy law allows schools to push tuitions above market value with no risk. If both parties don’t share risk, it’s not a free market and nothing of value has been produced.

EdX is the way of the future. Education still won't be free, but compared to physical attendance the costs should be GREATLY reduced (perhaps cheapest in the world, outside of locations where the government picks up the bill).

>WORKS EVENTUALLY YOU PAY

Well, no. We pay. Because the government insures the debt.

Why do you even have an opinion on this, Bogan-kun?

How about people just don't make poor life choices regarding debt and their career? If you're in debt you have absolutely fucking nobody to blame but your dumb ass self.

>Undergrad debt should be forgiven. It's slaughtering this country
maybe if you're retarded

Attached: premed communications.jpg (450x357, 44K)

Because retards here are complaining about their debt despite partying for 4 years in uni.

$

Terrible idea. If you divorce the future value of money from the present value of money, you just end up with the housing crash and every other financial scam that steals from everyone’s future to support a few people’s yacht habits in the present.

It's not just usury, see

>Won’t this just encourage increased elitism
only if you consider an elite to be someone smarter than your dumb nigger ass

Attached: 1313113052755.jpg (492x391, 49K)

Tuck 2020. dump Trump

tucker is full of shit...he knows his bilionire bosses would never allow for this to happen

Thats actually a super profitable degree because Schlomo Consulting Inc, will get the SPLC and ADL to force evil racist white companies to hire her to audit their toxic white male work environment for a clean 250k.

Attached: white girls.jpg (618x618, 40K)

Why even try and make a half-assed attempt to fix a system so absurdly broken as American universities.

Boomer spotted