Is Jow Forums for or against student loan forgiveness for ALL?

Is Jow Forums for or against student loan forgiveness for ALL?

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_thumbnails_blog_2062_pt_2062_286_o.jpg_t=1335541516.jpg (1280x868, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-and-Testing-Discussion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only if I get back what I paid for mine.

i dumped 30k out of my savings onto my loans recently, to completely put them to bed. do i get my 30k back?

Attached: 68Hg7.jpg (683x1024, 202K)

>are you for or against free money?

Would you rather jump or dig to the moon?

They are the fucktards that signed the contracts. They can live with the consequences. Fuck 'em.

don't care whatever hurts America more

About to start medical school. I'll be lucky to get out with under 200k in debt. Don't want forgiveness, but I'd prefer to not have an astronomical interest rate. At least let me begin payment once I'm in residency.

I think loan forgiveness should be based on the quality and need for whatever field. Obviously things like "japanese history" or "watercolor" should not be reimbursed from the government.

I worked my way through college with zero debt. Go fuck yourself.

I don’t think it’s justified everyone knew what they were getting into when they took the loans. But at the same time I’ve got a lot of student loan debt so if they did cancel it that’d be swell.

Do people that didn't fall for the degree meme get anything? I'll be right pissed off if all the fucktards get "loan forgiveness".

I had like $250k. It's all been forgiven by the US government. Idiots with $80k masters degrees in social justice studies have much more to be worried about. The government knows it can't fuck with the educated workforce because other countries will want us.

>its not fair that other peoples debts are forgiven

You're probably pissed that people who repent on their death bed still go to heaven too

>ITS NOT FAIR! I SHOULD GO TO SUPER HEAVEN!

women studies are not a major or minor...learn to code and pay your debt

This p. much

Literally let the market fix it. Allow students to default on their debts and to renegotiate the amount. Once universities and creditors start feeling the pain of defaulted student debt. They will become much more careful whom they lend. My guess is that they won't be giving any money to prospective gender studies students.

How the fuck did you get 250k forgiven

Still waiting for your completely bullshit story about getting 250k forgiven by the us government

My question is what idiot signs up for loans and then expects it to be forgiven for no fucking reason? If you get a loan, you pay it back.

Not at all. Why should someone bail them out? THEY AGREED TO THIS SHIT! Let all come tumbling down and then start a new.

Thanks boomer dad

this. I want a full refund for my college education if poorfags are going to get free shit

Fuck that nigger shit.

People of that age don't have very high long term thinking skills because of brain development. Once they get the money they go ahead and spend it all, not just for college, and once they're out of money the cycle continues until they realize they're fucked

Put the predatory colleges on the hook for >30% of the amount forgiven and I'd consider it.

>be child
>grow up in middle class wealth
>be constantly told by all adults that it's either college or flipping burgers
>don't even know what to do after HS
>receive same messaging from all adults
>go to college and figure out the rest later
>graduate with degree and crippling debt
>realize college degree is the new HS diploma
>stuck working dead-end jobs
>wages too low to pay off interest
>competing with H1B in high-paying jobs, low-skilled migrants in low-paying jobs
>can't afford to buy property
>can't afford to have kids
>this economic situation lends itself to nihilism and despair
>"you shoulda just not gone to college, idiot."

gfy

And yet the left-wing scum wants 16 year olds to vote

I havn't really heard anyone important talk about that though. But the voting age should go back to 21 along with the draft.

>I worked my way through college with zero debt. Go fuck yourself.

How long ago? Tuition costs today are beyond ridiculous, even at public universities. Half the courses required are not relevant to the career field either.
I did two years at a community college before transferring credit to a larger university only to find out that several classes weren't transferable and would have to be taken again.

Yet no one forced your sign up

I don't know where you live but highschoolers can take classes at the college to get their basic credits. If you maintain a B average you get a scholarship that pays for it too.

should also note that this is in my state

Not unless my mortgage gets cleared as well.
Why should some retard who "lived the college life" for 5 years without thinking of the consequences end up ahead of me when I actually put in the effort and sacrifice to set myself up for the future?

They signed the dotted line, fuck them.
They should've learned a trade instead.

Perhaps they shouldn't let people into college who don't understand how compounding interest works...

>tuition costs are ridiculous
They're not. Every state has a university with tuition below 8-10k per year. The problem is that idiots put their living expenses on their student loans. Work while going to school, don't pick a retarded major, and you'll be fine.

Sure detonate the colleges.
Anyone who counter signals is aligning with bankers, academia and the state.

Attached: 1429828624383.jpg (805x669, 63K)

Completely against it because I paid $130,000 back myself so I selfishly dont want any of you lazy fuckers to get a free ride out of it

shes going to be really surprised when she gets a car or house

It's a win/win.
Screw either the banks or the universities.

Doesn't necessarily matter if they perfectly understand how compound interest works. If they don't have the discipline to not spend money like a dumbass then they're going to come out with a huge debt.

sure.

Can I also get $80k for being a retard?

For all? Fuck no. All the gender studies faggots and other assorted pieces of shit should be sent to work camps.

For. Whites won't start breeding until they're out of debt. The only thing that will solve the demographics issue is wiping the jewish debt slavery scheme and telling those kikes to shove it up their ass and blow.
IMAGINE wanting whites to delay reproduction and demanding they slave for 20 years of living in poverty to hand huge piles of cash every month to some kike who's never done an honest day's work in his life.
IF YOU ARE AGAINST LOAN FORGIVENESS
YOU ARE PRO KIKE AND PRO WHITE GENOCIDE

lel'd

Forgiveness? No.
Addressing the fact that they are extremely predatory and the interest on this is fucking retarded, Yes
Addressing the fact that you are not allowed to pay on just the principle and ignore the interest until last like any sane person would? Yes
Treat them more like a loan for a car or a house where they look at your career path, and either give or reject the loan based on what you aree going to do with your life? IE if you are majoring in basket weaving, you should not be given a loan because you will never be able to pay it back, yes.

but in all seriousness this is the moral of the parable of the prodigal son

Only if i get a refund for my tuition

For STEM studies, yeah, for those faggots who study Swahili literature and gender studies, fuck no.

Just include some conditions. Say you have to be employed for four years to qualify for loan forgiveness. That will weed out the affirmative action degrees and the usually-out-of-work gender studies majors, while helping out the doctors, engineers, lawyers, etc.

I'm against. Fuck 'em.

Against it. Every single person who took out school loans knew it was a loan, and they'd have to pay it back.

Fuck forgiveness. Put them to work picking trash if they can't pay.

Loans are voluntary. Not my fault if they didn't stop to research job prospects with "diversity Studies" degrees.

He’s probably a lawyer. If you go to law school and work for the government for ten years they will forgive your debt.

Why the fuck do blue collar workers like me gotta pay for some lazy thot.

Again, we should strive to have our colleges only attended by people who understand that taking on $80,000 in debt without a definite career path is a bad idea. College isn't for everyone.

Here's one option for faggots like this.

Attached: Screenshot_20190318-215225.png (1080x1920, 753K)

this already exists, most people are just too stupid to realize it's available

>50k student loans
>I pay $100/month (income based repayment, I make $65k/yr even)
>in 10 more years no more loans

>Is pol against SJWs being under mountains of debt which will keep them caged and impotent

uuuh

How about you go talk to the schools charging 200k? Why is the solution someone else paying for your education?

You want to be a doctor, sign on the dotted line. And you lose all right to complain once you do that.

That, or do something about the high cost of education.

Are you actually so retarded that you think schools are loaning this money out?

I think there was some Obama-era law that was supposed to put an end to universities denying credits from lesser colleges (community college). But they've apparently found a way to circumnavigate this by claiming the course taken was outdated etc.

It really is a scam today. Take out all these loans, get a decent degree (not liberal arts bullshit), then can't find a job without experience in the field etc. At this point, you need a J-O-B period, so you return to Discount Tire, where you worked 4-5yrs ago back in high school.

After a couple years you finally get an entry level position, similar to your chosen academic field, but at less salary then you're making at Discount Tire. You begin work, at the bottom, with ambitions to excel and climb that corporate ladder.
Then after about a year, corporate needs to make some cuts. They cut a few positions at the top, but much more at the bottom. You're laid off, with a shitty severance package (assuming they even give you one).

A week later, you're working at Discount Tire again. $60k+ in student debt remains due.

Six years later, the Discount Tire store you've worked at is one of 16 stores that is employing the automated tire replacement service. Your position is no longer necessary.

You're now competing with out of work truck drivers, former FedEx/UPS couriers & pilots, dentists, and possibly doctors one day, to be eligible for that single janitorial position at the university you attended two decades ago.

Our future looks unremarkable.

This
Compounded daily at 8% from when I graduated

Which income based repayment plan? That won’t work for everyone, because some plans will require you to pay up the difference between interest accrued and amount paid (if the interest is greater than your annual payment).

You're going to be in for a big surprise, m8. You have to make payments for 20 years, and at the end of that 20 years, you have to pay income tax on every dollar that was forgiven.

Against. Unless money equal to the loans forgiven is payed out to all citizens.

I think her is refering to the payment plan for working for a state or government job. Which they have a payment plan where they take a % of your income for 10 years, then after 10 years what ever is left on the loan the state writes off, but you have to pay the taxes on what they wrote off. However, taxes on 20k is a lot fucking less then 20k

>Is Jow Forums for or against student loan forgiveness for ALL?
In the context of burgers I say the govt should take all the money the fed handed out to the banks during the (((bailouts))) and use that money to pay off student loan debts.

This is sadly all a pipe dream

You're all correct, I'm on a weird program I barely qualified for. Yes I will have to pay taxes at the end, but I was literally starving trying to keep up with the $500/mo it was originally. Hopefully that time period will give me enough time to either get rich, some cuck to come in and wipe out all our loans, or simply flee the country once I'm old and dgaf

Hang in there user.

Attached: 1552087406535.jpg (700x700, 89K)

JFC this hits too close to home

The only down side is you have to have a public sector job, IE State or fed.

I mean im doing pretty good because I actaully got a degree that is worth a damn and got a job thats worth a damn and dont live outside my means. Thats the big fucken problem with a lot of these people, they bitch about student loans, but you know over half of them always go to get a 3 dollar cup of coffee every fucking day, or eat some over priced kale from whole foods.

Like thats the real fucking lesson they need to learn.

That said, the fact taht student loans DONT let you pay on the principle before the interest is fucking jew bullshit, the only reason they dont is because it lets you pay the loan off faster.

Maybe if they couldn't pay it back, they shouldn't have taken the loan in the first place. I think that high schools need to do a better job of preparing students for life after high school. You learn a lot about the past, but not enough about what is ahead of you or basic life skills like money management, etc.

Kek i feel that. $500/month isn’t so bad though.

t. 1100/month... interest

>public sector job, IE State or fed.
govt engineering jobs are cushy imo, great benefits

christ, who's your holder? I'm going to guess private unless you have a shit ton of grad loans or something at a high rate?

At least you got to enjoy the College Experience© and have a valuable degree to prove it.

Grad, all federal. It’s not so bad because I make a shitload of money. Should be able to get out from under this debt in three or four years. Med school is a fucking racket.

same

good for you, seriously

This

Plus it's all gamble what if you don't get good grades then your fucked spent years of your life on noting

Only for stem majors who agree to work in the U.S. for the next 20 years

No, why should I pay for yet another group of people's mistakes? I want less taxes and expenses not more.

I'm for debt forgiveness, and I'm also for the abolition of loans that incur interest. That is usury and not admissible.

No

Stem or medical degree? Sure.
Anything else? Fuck you.

>should dumb kids be allowed to steal money
No they should get a fucking job.

Attached: 1512004205241.png (181x207, 87K)

I didn't go to college because I didn't want to go into debt. If they are going to get their debt forgiven, do I get a free degree?

No one forced you to go to college, take out a huge loan, and earn a degree with poor future job prospects. Why should you be forgiven for making a stupid decision?

Not after busting my ass and making sacrifices to lower the cost and minimize debt. People have to live with their mistakes and fix their own problems

Yes but only for me

I think the concept of a guaranteed government loan that cannot be discharged in bankruptcy should be completely eliminated. If you set it back to the way it used to be, you'd force lenders to evaluate risk and they'd be hesitant to lend money to useless fuckups pursuing meme degrees. Colleges would also be forced to make tuition obtainable and competitive. Plus, well-connected greedy motherfuckers can no longer bleed the country dry a la Sallie Mae.

Attached: 1552570797665.jpg (400x400, 27K)

Maybe if the public college system is reformed. I'd support partial student loans forgivness or the kind of 10 for 10 system Yang proposes.

user, you can get a degree without alot of debt. You can use CLEP tests to get 30 credit hours, finish the rest at a community college to get an associates degree, then transfer that to a university to get a bachelors degree. Alot of universities have online programs that let you study while still working your full time job.

To expand on my earlier post, I would support forgiving student debt, on the condition that their degree is rescinded, all evidence of it ever existing, and it is highly illegal to claim or even imply that you actually had the degree.
Oh ya you triple dipped nigger faggot? Then why didn't the retards begging for debt forgiveness do that if it's so potato-tier easy?

Too complicated. Just make them declare bankruptcy and deal with the consequences of that, like everyone else who can't pay their debt. It's a straight scam to drill the idea that you need college into a few generations of children, then give fat loans to anyone with a pulse. A big scheme to collect people's tax returns and social security before the whole thing becomes insolvent.

>Then why didn't the retards begging for debt forgiveness do that if it's so potato-tier easy?
Because they were after the "college experience" and didn't want to work for four years. There's an entire forum dedicated to getting a fast, cheap, regionally accredited degree. Check it out if you're interested. degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-and-Testing-Discussion

Western Governor's University is a great school as well. You pay for 6 months of unlimited online classes and get credit for whatever you finish. It's 2500-3000 per six months. It's no unusual for people to finish the whole degree in 6 months if they have background in the subject.

GAS

Hahaha fuck no. Spend 5 years changing majors between diversity studies, women's studies, aboriginal pottery and queer puppetry and you get to live with your shit decisions.
Spend 5 years doing Med, pay it off in half a year as a regional GP (min280K pa here)

if you can't get a scholarship
you aren't good enough to be a doctor