Can law enforcement/NSA track your computer via IP address???

Should we be worried???

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 9.54.14 PM.png (544x674, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mentalfloss.com/article/575112/why-are-bots-unable-check-i-am-not-robot-checkboxes
youtube.com/watch?v=fGZzNZnYIHo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centro_de_Investigación_y_Seguridad_Nacional_(México)
hexagonsafetyinfrastructure.com/news-releases/intergraph-acquires-intellectual-property-rights-to-new-zealand-police-onduty-mobile-application
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

An ip Address doesn't prove you typed anything. YOur neighbor might have hacked into your wifii or you left it unsecured 'wink wink'.

Attached: ---------VoteLambright2020_UBI1700.jpg (1191x463, 118K)

The NSA are listening through your phones, watching you through your cameras, and keeping track of every move you make on the internet and in real life. 5G will only make that even easier.

How new are you? Jow Forums has worked with feds in investigations for years. If you don't think they have full back-end access (like what was revealed in 2013) then you're fucking deluded

no :D I have over 9999999999999 conformed nigger words and not a single time cops came house nigger also my ip always changes fuck you janny

All your info can be given up and will if needed always.

Attached: 1550860746474.jpg (1434x1800, 660K)

No they cant. Ip address is what hackers use.

I hope they come. They may not know it yet, but they will taste the redpill.

Computer? Probably not... Unless they are literally inside your local network.
Router? Yes, very easily, in fact.

What the fuck do you think, retard? There's been cases in the past of people getting v& for posting cp here.
>anonymous claimed this post was a joke
Won't work either if they raid your house for jokingly posting threats

This. Have wifi in your house? They can tell how many bodies are in your house, which way they're facing, and if you have any weapons or not. It's all through RF waves, and like this user said, 5G just makes it even more accurate.

Yeah, but it requires two warrants. The first warrant is to the website hosting your posting to get your ip address. The second warrant is to the ISP responsible for that address. That's why people recommend a VPN, as VPNs don't store logs so they can't know which of their customers was responsible for a post.

The choke point for monitoring this (and other sites) isn't at the site, it's at the "I am not a robot" site.

Check out this article... when you solve the Captcha, part of the process involves your IP, where you are, where the post you are replying is, etc.

Given a reasonably talented team, it would be easy enough to track everyone.

mentalfloss.com/article/575112/why-are-bots-unable-check-i-am-not-robot-checkboxes

Like I give a shit.

Attached: bork.jpg (1200x682, 97K)

This is a SATIRE FORUM. Anyone who has been coming here for more than 6 months knows that. 90% of catalog posts are fake bait

All my posts have always been satire

Indeed, here is an example of how a leaf got arrested.

Attached: leaf_cn_tower_threat.png (912x1999, 1.33M)

99.9% of my posts are satirical
except the Yang breads
those are the .1% posts

What are RF waves???

Radio Frequency. I'm not sure what he's talking about, though. Microwave? I don't doubt there's some part of the spectrum that they could see you in your house with - x-ray if need be ;)

>Can law enforcement/NSA track your computer via IP address
Yes-ish, they can get to your router. If you own your router, then no. If you own your switch, then no. But as far as court cases go, plenty have been done with just an IP address. Be smart and use a good vpn. I used something that begins with trust and ends with zone. I'd highly recommend it, nobody knows shit that I don't pay not to share.
>Should we be worried
No. Not unless you're doing something illegal or reaching upper-echelon. Then you have a lot more to worry about than just Jow Forums posts, you need to have good OPSEC everywhere. So tell me user, should you be worried? are you someone with a high clearance, like SCI? Do you work in congress? How about operate or own a controlling stake a large business? If so, then yes, but you really have much bigger fish to fry and need to patch this with the same amount of urgency as literally everything else.
If you work a job that pays less than 400k a year, own less than 40mil in assets, and/or don't work high level positions (lt. col in military and above/intel coms/cyber warfare), or are on probation/a watchlist because of some other more serious and stupid shit you've done, you're just fine. But it never hurts to start OPSEC immediately.

No, he's just a few steps ahead of you. It's been at least 9-10 years that they have been able to do it with wifi.

youtube.com/watch?v=fGZzNZnYIHo

Means websites comply with law enforcement all the time. There is no safety net unless you use a VPN by ISIS.

Attached: 1442601876874.jpg (407x407, 27K)

>tfw no beaner equivalent of the NSA

feels good man

>what you're here for?
>I watched a 16 min facebook livestream and read stuff with some Wikipedia links
>how long you'll be locked in?
>ten years, I'm a horrible threat to society

Only with a court order or subpoena filed in the US court system.
If they have your IP address, they can subpoena your ISP for who had it at the time in question. With a site like Jow Forums, they have to subpoena Hiro first to get your IP address. If Jow Forums was caught giving that away without a court order, they'd lose tons of users out of privacy concerns.

1. Worry about what?
2. If they found a post, they'd need to get the IP from Jow Forums, then go to the ISP to found out which household it came from. That doesn't tell them who specifically posted it, though.
3. Then if they wanted to further investigate posts from that household, they'd need to get the IP address history and go back to Jow Forums to try to retrieve all the posts for those IPs.
Law enforcement does not have the time, resources or probable cause to do this on any scale that would catch "potential" criminals. At best, they'd just get the info on someone who is already a suspect.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centro_de_Investigación_y_Seguridad_Nacional_(México)

I'll take Room 641A for $200 Alex

Let as many people as possible log into your Wi-Fi, blame one if shit goes tits up

>Can't use it in court
>Still don't have the manpower to deal with all the data to prevent crime. Can only research shit for people already suspected
Do you have any idea how many posts are made to Jow Forums every day? And it's not like you can keyword search them, given the nature of conversations here

know your rights

>"Imminent lawless action" is a standard currently used that was established by the United States Supreme Court in Brandenburg v. Ohio (1969), for defining the limits of freedom of speech. Brandenburg clarified what constituted a "clear and present danger", the standard established by Schenck v. United States (1919), and overruled Whitney v. California (1927), which had held that speech that merely advocated violence could be made illegal. Under the imminent lawless action test, speech is not protected by the First Amendment if the speaker intends to incite a violation of the law that is both imminent and likely. While the precise meaning of "imminent" may be ambiguous in some cases, the court provided later clarification in Hess v. Indiana (1973) in which the court found that Hess's words did not fall outside the limits of protected speech, in part, because his speech "amounted to nothing more than advocacy of illegal action at some indefinite future time,"[1] and therefore did not meet the imminence requirement.

>The two legal prongs that constitute incitement of imminent lawless action are as follows:

>Advocacy of force or criminal activity does not receive First Amendment protections if (1) the advocacy is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action, and (2) is likely to incite or produce such action.[2]

Eurofags need not apply

>have a full copy of the asleged Russian Piss-gate Dossier on my computer
I'm fucked?
nah, FBI don't give a shit because its fake

Attached: 1550000620108.jpg (626x684, 73K)

The highest bidder gets all your comments.

> Can't use it in court
That doesn't matter. Everyone is guilty of something. Once you become a target, they simply get you on whatever you happen to be guilty of.

> manpower to deal with it.
That's why they have lots and lots of computers, and why AI is such a booming business

> can't keyword search them.
But once you know that images can be reduced to hash tags, and THOSE can be databased, you eliminate a lot of the trouble.

> how many posts are made every day.
Again, lots and lots of computers, with lots and lots of storage.

You're not important.
No government cares where you bought chicken tendies or what you fap to.
Only actions that threaten their control interest them.

Yes they can do all that. You should probably be a little worried. I should t be worried because I have an advanced vocabulary and understanding of the english language which basically means the court room is a shit post and I'm the OP

can kiwis dial 911 without relaying through alabama?

hexagonsafetyinfrastructure.com/news-releases/intergraph-acquires-intellectual-property-rights-to-new-zealand-police-onduty-mobile-application

lmao no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your all political prisoners now whats the problem?

why dont people just change their ISP ip address from time to time? how long do ISPs keep logs of what IP was assigned to which user?

I think its safe to say they aren't any good at their job.

>tfw my brother is apart of local PD
>probably gonna be the one to arrest me after reading my shitposts in a couple of years

Attached: pepe.jpg (720x762, 65K)

about what? some faggots who get killed when they wander into SC. bring it glowies. you lost like 13 last time. 13 federal agents walked in on a mission and were never seen again

Yeah but Snowden and others have shown us they control the exit nodes and they also state vpn makes you glow red hot to them.

Probably, why do you think this site is still up?

Put it this way - if you were the NSA looking for terrorists, would you NOT be on Jow Forums snooping for suspicious activity?

I don't blame them; nobody but sickos take pleasure from mass shootings.

Problems can be solved peacefully. Don't post crazy shit unless you want to be blacklisted on airplanes and put on a watchlist.

If I was looking for terrorists I would start with the CIA.

Interesting post.