Vladimir Putin signs Internet-censorship bill

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/03/russia-makes-it-illegal-to-insult-officials-or-publish-fake-news/

Under one bill, individuals can face fines and jail time if they publish material online that shows a "clear disrespect for society, the state, the official state symbols of the Russian Federation, the Constitution of the Russian Federation, and bodies exercising state power."

Insults against Putin himself can be punished under the law, The Moscow Times reports. Punishments can be as high as 300,000 rubles ($4,700) and 15 days in jail.

A second bill subjects sites publishing "unreliable socially significant information" to fines as high as 1.5 million rubles ($23,000).

"Russia has not historically had major constraints on Internet freedom," analyst Matthew Rojansky told the Post. "The Internet has thus been one realm in which full diversity of opinion and free expression, even on the most sensitive political topics, were generally permitted."

Now, however, the Russian government has "essentially unconstrained authority to determine that any speech is unacceptable. One consequence may be to make it nearly impossible for individuals or groups to call for public protest activity against any action taken by the state."

The Russian government has steadily tightened its grip over the Russian Internet, The Moscow Times notes. "Tougher Internet laws introduced over the past five years require search engines to delete some search results, messaging services to share encryption keys with security services, and social networks to store users' personal data on servers within the country."

Attached: E9C4CF27-75F6-44C3-BF63-24796DDD6900.jpg (800x533, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

americanfreedomunion.com/the-sordid-truth-of-the-bnai-brith-adl/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based Putin right? You guys would be in tears if an American leader did this

This is unironically what Trump should do as well. Places like CNN need to be seized by the military and everyone inside promptly executed. MSNBC, ABC, all these degenerate liberal news media outlets need to be absolutely destroyed.

You are a dumb faggot if you disagree.

Russian internet is the wild west, you can find literally anything on there including CP and sex slaves without even going on Tor, just through a quick yandex search

Russian cops are ultimate boomers who still use typewriters and have no idea how VPNs work (they tried banning all VPNs lmao)

Chances of this law being enforceable is 0%

You can't be that stupid. Does the extent of your ability to think into the future limit at less than a few years?

Attached: 1550607860582.png (774x720, 1M)

Nothing I said is commie retard

You are absolutely a faggot. A literal dumb piece of trash.

>HURR IF WE KILL OUR ENEMIES DEY WIN

>PUTIN BAD! CNN GOOD! DADDY TRUMP NO BE MEAN TO LIBERAL MEDIA!

I meant to tag the meme flag above u my bad.

what a good goy
>pictured: end-time sect handler and his goy puppet, pootin

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1200x630, 61K)

Take off the meme flag

"you play the savior now, got it"
"yes, rabbi"

Attached: serveimage.jpg (800x445, 51K)

>I'm too fucking retarded to see into a future when my own enemies might gain the power I so desperately want to use on them right now

Attached: 1542227431984.jpg (1100x300, 78K)

americanfreedomunion.com/the-sordid-truth-of-the-bnai-brith-adl/

>reminder that they all serve the same master, the devil

Russian here and i absolutely confirm. However this law actually hasn't signed yet and maybe should have to. Our www is wild west for real and even Deadwood needs some laws. At least some basic regulations.

Uh

>I'm too dumb to realize that's the reality I already live in

Keep living in your jew fed illusion of freedom, goy.

So what. Anyone can still post shit about his Jew crook government on Facebook and get away with it.

Attached: 15422233237740.jpg (1443x909, 511K)

Nice try vlad

Russia opressing it's citizens what news!

The Russian government really did collude with the Trump campaign, as part of zog, there is a global coup underway.

Putin isnt perfect but this is based af better be a dictator than a pussy democratic president.

>Shilling for less internet freedom

Probably a Jew.

he is reacting to growing communist sentiment

Why the fuck would that be a bad thing?It would only apply to retards smart pepole will know how to bypass it and thuss it would block all normalfags from accesing internet.

Thats totally fucking insane

Thanks Australia and New Zealand. This next Fosters that I'm swilling is for you.

Attached: 1540736472974.gif (400x211, 2M)

good, I will watch the 2ch's (((Jow Forums))) burn to the fucking crisp. fucking sissyfaggots.