So why exactly is polygamy illegal?

so why exactly is polygamy illegal?

I'm a Christian and I was recently looking into it and polygamy is allowed biblically but not legally. It just seems odd to me.

Attached: 1552774536855.jpg (500x634, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

richarddawkins.net/2016/11/i-had-to-take-my-dirty-panties-to-a-rabbi-and-so-has-every-orthodox-jewish-woman/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Making polygamy illegal allows men other than the top 20% to have access to women and prevents civil unrest.

sounds like a copout. Since when have our laws actually been for the little guys?

Plus, not all women are soulless gold diggers. And even if most are now, back when they had fewer rights and were held to a higher standard, it was still illegal.

As you read the old testament even though some of the prominent men had more than one wife it always seemed to go bad when they did.

But there was never any decree that said it was disallowed. If I recall correctly, it wasn't necessarily intended, but it was explicitly allowed.

They don‘t care about the little man, they are afraid of it.
Imagine 80% of grown men not getting any. Rape and prostitution would explode and unrest would fester a lot faster.

Because Women were provided with their Pre-fall dignity again when Christ died for them

why in the ever living fuck would you ever marry more than one woman?
even one is pushing it
what kind of retard wants to deal with that much estrogen

just marry one and make sure to knock her up once every year
if you want more output you can bring in more women to impregnate, but dont fucking marry them all you idiot

What most people don‘t get is that the real issie with polygamy isn‘t a moral one.
It‘s just not practical in real life, since the female hierarchy is based on „who is the alpha guy‘s favorite“. The drama that rises when multiple women have to share one man is not something you‘d want to deal with on a daily basis.
For example, it was the norm in harems that the women killed each other‘s baby in order to stay the only one who has offspring left from the guy owning the harem.
You really want your multiple wifes to start poisoning your sons and daughters?

"80%" of grown men don't get any already

benefits and not marrying crazies

what kind of crazy women do y'all have? I'm not saying I've never seen a whore but it's easy to tell them apart from normal women.

>polygamy is allowed biblically
So is going to pagan shindigs. And there aren't any restrictions on unsafe snorkeling practices either. Doesn't mean you should do it.
Kinda. Polyamorous societies are more violence-prone due to the lack of marital domestication of single men. Human populations are usually 51-52% female, so there's wiggle room, but not much. It is generally safer and more socially beneficial to be monogamous.
1. Laws, in principle and most practice, exist for the purpose of protecting society (i.e. little people.) If they didn't, we wouldn't have them.
2. It sounds like you're going to believe whatever you're going to believe, and that you aren't really interested in what others have to say. Therefore you should stop shitting up the board, you meme flaggot, and go jerk your pencil dick to your harem fantasy. Then hang yourself in your mom's garage.

Just because you're not convincing doesn't mean I'm not "really interested in what you have to say" or "shitting up the board".

and tbqh it's not some harem fantasy, I'm just curious. It seems completely inoffensive, especially when compared to making faggotry illegal.

Attached: 1552860551588.gif (379x387, 71K)

Having your lifespan cut by some 100 years by God after taking multiple wives seems like a strong indicator that the man doesn't like it.

I don't know man. It fucks up evolution to a certain extent, but allows our society to not be Africa

oh well. Guess it really isn't that important anyway.

Attached: 1549640274666.jpg (612x683, 66K)

Men of strong character and leadership are told not to. Old Testament says that Kings should not take more than one wife (they all did, Solomon went way overboard and the kingdom split after his rule). New Testament states (in how I read it) that church leaders should be married to one wife. Its a subject of debate. There are a lot of social circumstances and governmental legislation surrounding most people's decision on this. Is it a decreed moral sin? Not necessarily, circumstances can vary and it was permissible for the founding of the nation of Israel.

I've got multiple wives (3). Live in Connecticut. Not "legally married" that's for cucks. We keep to ourselves mostly but we have a couple friends who are pretty normie and they just accept that love is love, whether it be between a man and an anime pillow or a man and three anime pillows.

Interesting. I dunno. Even if nothing else it does strike me as odd, still.

satisfied with the thread, feel free to let it slide

based

Attached: 1551282665441.jpg (330x352, 25K)

Polygamy is NOT allowed biblically. Did you even read the New Testament, dipshit?

source it then please, I can't find anything about it readily.

Look at society currently or the Middle East. Tuns into apathy and then degenerate barbarism.

Even your „normal“ women will start developing drama in a poly relationship. They can‘t help it.
Imagine being in a relationship where there‘s one woman and 3 men. You think that will all just be fun and games and nobody is trying to be the one to impregnate her? Ofc, men would solve this issue in other ways than women do, but they wouldn‘t just be content with the situation either.
Men probably can‘t conpletely understand this, because their nature is programmed for „impregante and spread your seed as much as possible“ whilst female biology is based on „make sure that if you take it upon you to be pregnant, give birth and raise a kid for some years that you do so with the most powerful male you can get in order to secure the future of your offspring and yourself“.
This means that for men, having a female harem would play right into their biological wiring anyways. But for females it would be hell, since they would want to make sure they are the only ones creating offspring in order to secure the best opportunity for their children to become powerful aswell.

It‘s female nature to want to produce children who will once become leaders. You can‘t really blame them for it. It‘s how humanity progresses.

taxes

Traditionally Christians have always maintained monogamy is preferable because then you're just become a slave to lust.

Honestly if you play them against each other it should make your life easier. They don't be relentlessly shit testing you if instead they're competing for your attention. If you can master alpha behavior you should have less issue than with one wife.
It's kind of like how retards think one kid is easier to manage than two because it's all numbers or some dumb shit. In reality you can use the kids to manage their siblings.

It leaves a lot of single men, single men with no prospects of finding a wife and starting a family are quick to turn rebellious and destructive willing to follow whomever promises to tear it down and institute a new society that doesn't cut them out of it.

Attached: helperhammer.jpg (957x621, 71K)

I think it is normal for a man to desire multiple women.
Polygyny is the way to go. It is how things are in reality.

Most successful men don't have multiple wives, but instead, have one wife and multiple side girlfriends.

I mean, if you want to hang out with one woman for all your life — that's fine, but don't tell other men what to do with their dicks, ambition, and money.

Most women would be OK with this, hence bisexuality is much more spread among women for a reason.

The will to power is the true virtue.
The will to be smarter.
The will to be creative.
The will to acquire more.
The will to be physically stronger.
The will to have multiple women.
The will to have genuine fun.

This is the true red pill. These are all good values, which modern men secretly lust for, but don't know about it, so instead they drink away their lives.

Abrahamism taught you the wrong things, user.

Have a good day and may good girl blow your cock today after the gym.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (1217x1075, 1.02M)

I think you could have multiple wives if you like, inherit them or whatever, but it would often mean more dowry to shell out.

1 Corinthians 7, for starters

well in the ancient world you need to plow a lot of fields to get any fruit that survive past year 2. I can see why having four sl.. wives would be good to have + 4 chanses to sprout another sla.. child.

Having multiple wives is not stated explicitly to be forbidden.
Polygamy is also not explicitly stated to be allowed either.
Adultery obviously is forbidden.

However, that being said, there are many verses that speak about marriage and it is always in a singular since.
(A man and his wife, a wife and her husband...etc.)

Also there's the words of God in Genesis, and the words of Christ in the Gospels
>"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."
>"Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh"

Obviously this poses a problem for polygamy.
It disrupts the biblical family unit.

How can a man and multiple women be one flesh?

If you really care, then it is better to err on the side of caution user.
I wouldn't wager my soul on a technicality or semantics.

Pretty much explains Jow Forums. Except we have soft dynamic harems instead of polygamy

Also Ephesians 5

It very obviously has to do with governance and stability of a civilization....

what state of mind are people in that this doesn't immediately occur to them?

my guess is that it's young, uppity people (or older people who still act like adolescents) who always think they know better but don't know anything about governance..

i'm not normally this guy, but I hate the age I'm living in

Monogamous and "equal" society of today is exactly the reason why you must have multiple women — they are available way easily.
Let everyone else just enjoy one, while you trick multiple into fucking with you.
The society as a whole is pretty naive on average. People are dumb as fuck and gullible, especially women.

Read some Nietzsche, motherfucker. Go full Dio Brando mode. I am serious.
You don't even need fucking Tinder, just be a vile fucker and text every hole on Facebook you see.
Max your looks, try to look richer than you are. If you're short, inflate your height and wear elevator shoes. Lie to achieve what you want. Feel superior in any situation.
I am just 7-8/10 5'10 guy, but I regularly get a shitton of nudes from multiple hoes, because I am very straightforward and I don't give a fuck.

Same shit with money.
For fuck's sake, create a faggot charity e.g. "Money for gay rights in Zimbabwe" and take it for yourself/send some to fund right movements. This would be x12383979 times more effective than any crybaby threads of yours Jow Forums faggots.
Laugh at other's misfortunes and enjoy your life.

I am dead fucking serious, you faggot.
Get the sociopath pill.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com1.jpg (1052x720, 96K)

I think that's mostly because their religion breeds awful people

I... disagree. Although I do see your point.

makes sense

This also makes sense

this is true imo

doesn't seem like much of a problem to me, we need to get rid of the current government anyway

>Abrahamism taught you the wrong things, user.
but the problem is western law, not my religion...

I can see how you would interpret that as disallowing multiple wives but I can easily see it making no mention of it. I do appreciate the direction, but do you have any other verses to look to? I don't want to argue over semantics. (ignore this, later reply was fine)

I can see this argument too but I don't think it actually poses an issue. If the whole unit works together as one and follows the husband's commands, then it would still be as one flesh, imo. But, I agree with erring on the side of caution. I doubt I'll be in any situation to actually need to know any time soon.

that one certainly feels more concrete with its explicit mention of a husband and wife as "two". For purely argument's sake, I could see it being a generalist statement. And honestly if I were to see it that way, then it still wouldn't really cause problems... but to argue that might require a delve into earlier translations, which is its own can of worms. Either way, thank you for your persistence and sources. I really do appreciate it.

>Wahh waah, fuck roastie and the 80/20 rule!
>so why exactly is polygamy illegal?
>yess! now it's the 99/01 rule! so much better for me! I will now suddenly have a harem like in my anime

Attached: totally what will happen to me if we make polygamy legal.png (1896x1075, 2.49M)

I think you misunderstood the point of the thread

Attached: 1544053117924.jpg (742x560, 43K)

>so why exactly is polygamy illegal?
I just told you why. That would make the situation worse in any way.
Hey, let's check out some muslims countries where polygamy is legal. What could possibly go wron-

ho

Attached: Consanguinity-world-map-Bittles.jpg (815x522, 106K)

>implying polygamy is the problem in muslim countries and not muslims in muslim countries

>>so why exactly is polygamy illegal?
The main concern is that since most men are unable to support more than 1 wife(i.e. provide a separate home for her, and cover all her expenses), and the "Lets give most men a chance to get married, so they won't riot".
In Islam a man can have up to 4 wives, while at least one African culture have even less restrictions.
It comes from the old testament, as one of Gods' laws, that a Jew is forbidden to have more than one wife.
You see, legislation(the process of writing laws) is an extremely fucked up institution: How can you know in advance the reaction of people to any new law?
Why there is no special education that is required from legislators(i.e. these guys can fuck up, and cause the death of a LOT of people, while having ZERO responsibility), as opposed to, for example, a plot(whose fuck up can kill hundreds of people)?
From where came the idea that an average human knows which laws will benefit him?
As I understand, the purpose of democracy is to make the people feel that they are in charge, so that they won't riot,(a benevolent and educated dictator, or king, that actually uses ancient scriptures to draw ideas for laws, will do a much better job. As the ruler is Gods' representative for the common folk. notice that the previous sentance was well understood by all contemporary successful dictators).

>surrounded by infinite freeloaders
>still don't get to have sex

accurate

In Jewish law, a married man sleeping with a single woman who is not his wife is NOT considered adulterous. Adultery is defined by the marital status of the woman.

source: richarddawkins.net/2016/11/i-had-to-take-my-dirty-panties-to-a-rabbi-and-so-has-every-orthodox-jewish-woman/

digits
Hmm, I guess Kek approve of mistress for men.

> is allowed biblically
Fuck off kike.

Because the church in Rome had to obey the law, and polygamy was illegal under Roman law. It has nothing to do with any scriptural restriction.