New Zealand Gun Control: Party Breakdown

Who will vote for gun control in New Zealand's parliament?

120 total votes
>46 labor: definite yes
>9 NZ first: probable no
>8 Green: yes
>55 National: unknown
>1 ACT: hard no
>1 Independent: unknown

Alright Kiwis does she have the votes she needs?

Attached: Jacinda Ardern.jpg (768x432, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1552979683459.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Seems like you've figured it out; why don't you just tell us?

They only need 6 unknowns
Looks like they are going to get gun control

Because I don't know if the National Party has any stomach for a fight, who the Independent weirdo is, or if my guesses are off the mark. She'll need 61 votes which she can't get with just Labour and Greens. If there is any sort of gun lobby in New Zealand that might actually be difficult.

National is voting for it, NZ first are the only ones who might vote no, but that will cost them votes so they'll probs vote yes.

Bummer. Taking away civil liberties and starting wars always gets bipartisan support.

Critical thinking isn't a strength for most elected officials.

Or they are critically thinking about how to best represent their actual constituents.

The media is playing up a big load of shit, but unfortunately I have the sinking feeling National will fold like a Chinese laundry.

>national party
>agrees to disarm the nation
makes you think

No
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1552979683459.webm

If they aren't working for you, but really Rothschild and Rockefeller their actions make perfect sense.

They proposed a specific "Anti-smacking" law a few years back.
It had 97% disapproval in the public and it passed in parliament with 113 yes; 8 no
There were zero negative repercussions from the public

New zealand is cucked, of course they'll give their guns away.

Says you bong

and New Zealand's gun owners will just bend over and turn all their guns in. Truth is, for this to happen you must have already been defeated, you just hadn't realized it yet. When you're willing to go down without resistance, you're beaten. It's not just New Zealand though, I bet much of the US population would give up as well in the face of severe gun control

There were quite a few actually and National won an election promising to remove the law which they never did.
Face it lads the National party is the old white boomer party. So long as the money is flowing into their pockets that's what they care about and if you lose land, civil liberties and demographics in the process then that is the price they will pay.
We need to think seriously about what we post on the internet because there is no way privacy is 100% secure.
We know that Jow Forums hands over users data.
We know that advertisements here track users data across multiple sites.
We know that ISPs will give private data to the government if the request it.
We should have pushed back against the massive government intrusions against Tame Iti but we all wanted to hate on brown people and now it will come bite us in this ass.

I was born after our boomers gave their guns away, I had no say in it.

So fucking tired of this
>Be first world country
>Have fairly lax gun laws, no mass shootings
>Sudden mass shooting
>Ban all guns
>"We banned guns and haven't had any shootings since!"
>Conveniently leaves out that they had no mass shootings before either

Attached: 1430336143568.png (400x381, 120K)

You guys had better be emailing and phoning your reps STAT
Let them know how you feel!!

Literally this

Flag checks out

She has such a stupid face

Attached: 1552648609994.png (1200x900, 87K)

kek, it will have unanimous support, opposing it at this time would be political suicide here

they have already made the reforms btw and are preparing to ram through the legislation asap

>represent
Disarm*

Who woulda funk it

Constituents=/=Voters

I see what you mean now be clearer next time
And will some white people have a coup somewhere already or what

They fucking used the threats posed by brown people to scare the population into giving them these powers in the first place. Now, powers acquired under the pretence of "stopping muslim terrorists" is now used the spy on and persecute the native citizenry.

Disgusting. They create the problem, and pretend to have the solution, then use the solution to abuse their citizens.

As far as i'm concerned it's the political and media elite that holds 100% of the responsibility for all of these attacks, including all the muslim ones. They're the ones that sent planes to bomb muslim countries and then invited in people who would obviously harbour a grudge.

Contact your local National and NZF MPs. Its the only way that this legislation can be blocked. Hold their feet to the fire.

Show knife deaths...

Attached: c62418523c7548420f87fbc89a77caaa.jpg (640x640, 47K)

In the US legislators figure that 1 letter is proxy for 500 voters. If you send emails, letters, and get your friends to do so they will assume more didn't reach out. It isn't guaranteed success, but doing nothing is guaranteed failure.

Thus what you are saying, is: it was on a downward tracetory anyway and the gun law changed absolutely nothing? Good to know

>Arden vows never to say gunman's name again
The fuck, is he Voldemort to these tests or what?

I wonder if any Kiwis will actually rebel/resist.

>TFW Putin or China funds rebels and New Zealand becomes a third world shithole.

I think there will be an uptick in boating accidents that lose cool guns, but a revolution seems unlikely.

Yes, by disarming them as they import third worlders and increase multiculturalism - which is literally statistically the #1 driver of internal violence and terrorism.

You do realize that the argument is that just bc gun deaths decrease does not mean that violence and murder decrease? Look at england and europe - now they just get acid in the face, stabbing sprees, trucks of peace and meanwhile citizens cant easily defend themselves bc no guns

Why is the left so retarded?

You are 100% correct. Someone wants violence as they sit on the sidelines

I'll never understand why people get so worked up about guns. Shooting deaths are part of the cost of guns but I think it's worth it. The burn rate is not that high compared to the alternatives. Education and curbing Muslim immigration is all you really need to do.

No shit moron I was pointing out the downward trend in gun homicides pre-ban.

Attached: GUNS-IN-OTHER-COUNTRIES-Australia-and-U.S.-homicides-rates-before-and-after-Australia-gun-ban.png (1200x974, 177K)