Reality is an agreed upon fiction. Discuss

Reality is an agreed upon fiction. Discuss.

Attached: 1551988366688.png (699x518, 325K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BBbFuudKAic
youtube.com/watch?v=jxYbA1pt8LA
youtube.com/watch?v=uXX-_G_9kww
cogprints.org/6613/1/Dualism0409.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=xD2jKSW7yss
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Perception creates reality. It's possible for more than one reality to exist.

Attached: 1488566262407.jpg (225x225, 15K)

No, reality is a real objective thing happening right now. But it’s very hard to understand or see all of it

Yeah. Deep shit, man. I was 16 once too.

The universe is nothing but math

Attached: tegmark multiverse.jpg (734x969, 126K)

>No, reality is a real objective thing happening right now.
There's no science backing up your claims.

Attached: no such thing.png (681x726, 52K)

'Objective', consensus reality is little more than heavily implied.

youtube.com/watch?v=BBbFuudKAic
youtube.com/watch?v=jxYbA1pt8LA

Attached: singularity pepe.png (1200x758, 678K)

Quantum experiments and science is mostly all garbage. There’s stuff happening, but it’s probably just something else we don’t understand yet, and their hypothesis about it is wrong

Reality is what makes you stronger

t. biocentrist

Attached: robert lanza.jpg (1280x1055, 148K)

quantum science*

THE POWER Jow Forums WIELD IS FREE THINKING
ITS THE MOST DANGEROUS WEAPON KNOWN TO MAN
NOBODY IS SAFE
NOTHING IS SACRED
YOU CANNOT HIDE FROM YOUR OWN MIND
ONCE BREACHED, THERE IS NO TURNING BACK
YOURE ALREADY DEAD, THIS IS HELL AND HEAVEN AT THE SAME TIME
THE ONLY WAY TO FEEL ALIVE IS BY DIGGING DEEPER

REALITY IS BASED UPON WHAT YOU WANT TO BE REAL
Jow Forums WANTS THE WORLD TO BURN
THEREFORE ITS REALITY IS REAL

Shitposting IRL was a meme, now its a synonym for killing Jow Forumss enemies

>inb4 board of peace
Jow Forums is bored of Peace

Attached: 1528968679126.jpg (577x559, 108K)

if not for the internet, you would have nowhere to peddle your dime store philosophies that make no difference in your so-called subjective reality.

John Carpenter’s In the Mouth of Madness is a perfect example.

Attached: mouthofmadness.jpg (318x159, 4K)

>Perception creates reality.

perceptionwn rfh3

So either reality is objective and we perceive it subjectively

Or reality is subjective and perspective is irrelevant

How depressing

"Reality" reifies real.

Here's a famous question:

Observer A stands on a train platform. A train passes by. Lightning strikes simultaneously the front and the back of the train. Because the light reaches her retina at the same time she concludes both strikes happened at the same time. However, her friend observer B sitting in the train is in the frame of reference of the moving train. Since the lightning strike that hit the front of the train reaches her retina earlier than the lightning strike that hit the back of the train, she concludes the strikes did not happen at the same time. The front strike was earlier. So, which perspective is true? What happened, really?

Attached: quant.png (780x433, 150K)

Not enough information

By 'reality' I presume you mean ideas, events and people, is shaped, controlled and expounded by *vesitage holders and brokers of power

>all power is fleeting
>deepest uncrossable void of death made all equal.
>the cardinal mistake made by 'liberals' was pursuing equality.

Interactionist dualism is the only philosophy of consciousness that makes any sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=uXX-_G_9kww
cogprints.org/6613/1/Dualism0409.pdf

Attached: types of dualism.png (1920x420, 76K)

Hence why we fictionalise it. We each process reality and superimpose our own perceptions on it. The most economical perceptions win dominance over the others due to their ease of describing reality in a compact package and are therefore adopted by ever greater numbers of people. This fiction makes life navigable for people who are neither profoundly intelligent nor stupid. This shared reality is by its very nature obscurant. Geniuses and the mentally ill have novel ways of interpreting reality. Sometimes, these ways of thinking are revolutionary and insightful. They abstract a common theme widely experienced but rarely verbalised.

Consciousness has yet to be defined , but it gives us the concept of reality . Everything that is conscious has it's idea of reality .

>implying that "There is no objective reality" isn't an objective reality

This but unironically

youtube.com/watch?v=xD2jKSW7yss

Attached: Relativity_of_Simultaneity_Animation.gif (400x430, 620K)

>This but unironically

I wish this was ironically

Attached: H.png (921x782, 492K)

That is incorrect. The disapearence and re-appearence of particles is a feedback mechanism of which the universe uses to maintain a continuous reality. This is also why group think creates reality as it overwhelms the feedback into creating it

Why do you spout so much ignorance?

Sure, throughout its history the science of quantum mechanics has had many erroneous predictions and is still a new, quite immature science.
But still, many of the foundational theorems laid down by people such as Dirac, Schrodinger, Fermi, Dirac, Feynman, Heisenberg, and Dirac, have given a significant insight into the experimental side of physics.

The simple fact I can post this on a tiny electrical candy bar, into a massive realm of electronic data, that travels incredibly fast into your electron person-2-person communication device, is to a large degree due to these men and their ideas of quantum mechanics and the logical consequences of those ideas applied to technology and invention.

Obviously a collective reality is acheived by multiple witnesses confirming what was first

>REALITY IS BASED UPON WHAT YOU WANT TO BE REAL
If this were true, life wouldn't suck so much.

There is a third person, C, that was closer to the back of the train. The light of the lightening strike hit their eyes first, and they claim the train was struck in the back first. By asking another person, we added a third perspective. What now?

Modern leftish philosophers tend to dismiss reason, science, objective reality and to insist that everything is culturally relative. It is true that one can ask serious questions about the foundations of scientific knowledge and about how, if at all, the concept of objective reality can be defined. But it is obvious that modern leftish philosophers are not simply cool-headed logicians systematically analyzing the foundations of knowledge. They are deeply involved emotionally in their attack on truth and reality. They attack these concepts because of their own psychological needs. For one thing, their attack is an outlet for hostility, and, to the extent that it is successful, it satisfies the drive for power. More importantly, the leftist hates science and rationality because they classify certain beliefs as true (i.e., successful, superior) and other beliefs as false (i.e., failed, inferior). The leftist’s feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests. Leftists are antagonistic to genetic explanations of human abilities or behavior because such explanations tend to make some persons appear superior or inferior to others. Leftists prefer to give society the credit or blame for an individual’s ability or lack of it. Thus if a person is “inferior” it is not his fault, but society’s, because he has not been brought up properly.

Attached: uncle ted.jpg (1200x1200, 214K)

Reaity is a dream-like manifold run by DMT machine elves. If we survive past the inevitable technological singularity, we may one day get to become machine elves ourselves.

Attached: machine elves.jpg (857x1202, 245K)

Yes, but the nilihistic interpretation of it is what is incorrect. Did you the vacuum in a proton is normalized. By using the prenormalized equations we find out it's density and mass contains the entire mass of the universe. We simply ignored it and said it was wrong. This heavily implies Tesla was correct that the vacuum is infinitely energy dense ether. Also a single proton contains all the information of the universe. Hence a local repository of information to maintain a continuous reality.

You keep asking until you reach consensus. They very well might conclude it happened at the same time. An actual event occurred with observable results, but we are not perfect measures. The observer effect in quantum physics is incorrectly perceived. All particles are entangled since creation. We simply just "notice" that affect when observing two. This huge entanglement is why waveforms collaspe abd seemingly become untangled.

Math is our way of interpreting and predicting the universe, math itself is a man made idea

>There is no objective reality
This is just what scientists say whenever they don't want to admit that quantum math is fucking with their head and they don't really understand it but want to keep their tenure.

Mathtronium. Good image. This place is an enlightened and enlightening microcosm of cyberspace at times.

Where else would you recommend?

Attached: KardashevScalevsBarrowScalevsForadScalevsSingularityLevelsBaselineFriendlyScale3.jpg (1496x1204, 358K)

This

You're trying to rationalize away quantum mechanics, but science doesn't give a fuck about your opinion. Observing an event is enough to change the outcome. Perception creates reality. Multiple realities are possible.

For a given event, it's even possible each person would experience something different. For each person you add, you add a different reality entirely.

Attached: Pepe Cigar.png (600x579, 218K)

>Observer A stands on a train platform. A train passes by. Lightning strikes simultaneously the front and the back of the train. Because the light reaches her retina at the same time she concludes both strikes happened at the same time. However, her friend observer B sitting in the train is in the frame of reference of the moving train. Since the lightning strike that hit the front of the train reaches her retina earlier than the lightning strike that hit the back of the train, she concludes the strikes did not happen at the same time. The front strike was earlier. So, which perspective is true? What happened, really?
>There is a third person, C, that was closer to the back of the train. The light of the lightening strike hit their eyes first, and they claim the train was struck in the back first. By asking another person, we added a third perspective. What now?

You already stated that "lightning strikes simultaneously the front and the back of the train." This is the reality, the strikes are simultaneous. The fact that various people are not able to accurately observe it doesn't change anything. Their observations are incorrect because they don't conform to reality. Reality exists independently of thought.

Existence is a mere cognitive response to a hyper-realistic dimension that we as humans procreate. You are the cartographer of your reality.

matter is empty space
reality is not real at all
its a construct made for us
the master of space and time lives outside this reality and he is infinite

>You already stated that "lightning strikes simultaneously the front and the back of the train."
Only from the first perspective.

This statement exempts the agreement from within the category of reality, for some reason.
Your logic needs to be reworked.

Reality is an agreed upon fiction.
The agreement is a part of reality.
Therefore this agreement is fiction.

It's circular and nonsensical.

That's not how that works at all you fucking retard. The observer- measurement paradox isn't some reality warping principle. All of science is based on the axiom that there is an observable reality and that despite our perceptions, biases, or inabilities it is possible to perceive objective reality with enough careful observation.

Again you are incorrect. What you are observing is the universe's scaling mechanism. There are particles below this energy density, but we cannot perceive them. Same with above us. The results are occurring, but are irrelevant to maintain our perception of our energy density. We we observe it we seem to have discovered the result changed or it went back in time etc. Meanwhile it's politely rendering something that we were unable to perceive. Time is an illusion as well.

Yes it is. We agree on the rules and most usually follow them..social guidelines. Take a serial killer for instance, they exist in the model but do not agree to follow its rules, secretly, and somehow many still are known because the programming pops its head up and leads them to make deliberate mistakes leading to their discovery.
On the other end, others self enforce the agreed upon rules so strictly that they can make themselves crazy, some end their own lives as punishment for not fitting the agreed upon guidlines.

>For a given event, it's even possible each person would experience something different. For each person you add, you add a different reality entirely.

If it's not a constant between all functioning people, how is it even reality? The word reality exists to define things that are not unreality. If something can only be perceived by one person it cannot be real, since it is also considered unreal to everyone else.

Well our realities are based on how we perceive it. So if you were, I dunno, someone that hated muslims, you would see muslim immigration as a threat to western culture, whereas if you were muslim you would be grateful for having people from your own culture living near you. So they are living in different realities based on their different perceptions.

After a brief review, 0% of your sentences, either in conjunction or isolation, make any fucking sense. Proof read a bit, user.

Also no there are perceived realities and the actual truth. Like I said we are shitty measures. It like trusting a bad gauge on a fuel tank to be accurate.

>Only from the first perspective.

The lightening either struck simultaneously or it did not. if the train was properly rigged with sensors to track lightening strikes along its length then you'd know for sure. The observers are either correct or wrong. They either correctly perceived reality or they did not. If they are wrong they are wrong, no matter how right they think they are.

If you eat cyanide you die, whether or not you know about it.

Hey

Where does a concept of thing-ness not exist such that nothing can be said to exist.

If I land a quadruple mega backflip clutch, and no one is around to see it, did it really happen?

The fiction only exists in the subjective socially agreed upon world. Physical world is not up for interpretation.

True enough, but underlying that system there does seem to be a "storage" mechanism that maintains the original "boring" pattern, a failsafe so that while everything can change and take a new path, base order is retrievable if some kind of chronic break or crossover occurs. Without this we would see outbreaks of "magick" occurring. This is where quantum thought crosses the boundary with ancient spiritualism. Lots of quantum guys studying the Upanishads, Gematria and Vedas now.

Attached: MunckConstants.jpg (1077x653, 32K)

Not agreed upon, you don't need the agreement of other people to experience what you do.

It is however entirely a product of your mind, doing a strong hallucinogen like mushrooms or lsd is the best way to understand this.

>Where else would you recommend?
As in websites? Maybe somewhere like Slatestarcodex or Unz

Attached: six-epochs.jpg (930x773, 85K)

they are both living in the reality that a migration is happening. They are living in different fantasies about what it means for them.

I re-read it, yeah I condensed it and didn't write paragraphs. I just missed a know. If you cannot comprehend what I am saying you are not well versed in what I was referring to.

If 6 gorillion were gassed and burned where is the evidence of the mass graves?

Yes, but the nilihistic interpretation OF IT IS WHAT IS INCORRECT. Did you WHAT? DID I WHAT? verb?the vacuum in a proton is normalized (the fuck you on about mate) . By using the prenormalized equations we find out IT IS DENSITY AND IT IS and IT’S mass contains the entire mass of the universe wat???) (entire mass of the universe???) We (I dindu it mate, what you mean we?) simply ignored it and said it was wrong. This heavily implies Tesla was correct that the vacuum is infinitely energy dense ether. Also a single proton contains all the information of the universe . Hence a local suppository of information for user would be insufficient to regain a normal conscious reality.

without footage, its fiction.

Fpbp, this guy unironically gets it. We're in a multiverse my friend.

Nothing left to discuss /thread

Attached: 1534818560684.jpg (240x240, 9K)

You were around to see it, at least.
Spoopier question: if you land that and you don't see it, did someone else's viewing of it mean it exists?

Guys, I've read some of your posts. These subjective realities live and die in your head. Not relevant. As far a quantum, not my problem, and whichever monkey is currently leading the pack deciphering that, hes still a fing monkey and his opinion doesnt matter.

Nothing exists as a concept but not in practice.
See also: The number zero.

>Reality is an agreed upon fiction.
That's the social construction of reality that you're thinking about. Reality is objective and it doesn't change on one's whim.

Attached: TIMESAND___762wet2c+sut8wdff1qqq1qegg6fwe428.png (554x602, 40K)

Yet math appears to be embedded in physics itself.

Meh, I went there.
Inb4 proofs

Yes, the vacuum of a proton was normalized to zero as people were calculating a huge density. The prenormalized equations if you bother to look them up show an energy density that would gives the vacuum's mass as that of the universe. Merely the effects are nullified and look like zero.

Wut r fractals interacting A-non

>science doesn't give a fuck about your opinion

Perhaps the source of all science does, for quantitative and qualitative universe iteration optimisation's. If you produce a piece, you may refine it.

Irregardless, if you see one UFO or entity capable of producing safely replicating nanobots or (sub)femtobots that can perform a mind network mesh construct for quantum wireless information retrieval without detection, and vaccinated people can't usually acquire the disease yet everyone is increasingly obligated through legalities to be vaccinated, then perhaps those metascience beings care about collective and personal opinion. Some, perhaps not all. Besides, if your science and I'm science and I care about your opinion... Go figure.

But I do see your point, even though your post quasicontradicts itself in regards to that. Perhaps it's just scientists that don't care about your opinion.

Attached: Technopomorphism2.png (1011x989, 1.24M)

>Perception creates reality. It's possible for more than one reality to exist.
Langauge deconstruction.

/thread

Attached: they live obey gun control.jpg (472x331, 38K)

what if I did 5 flips and they only counted 4?

>We're in a multiverse my friend.
Another Joe Rogan victim

Attached: dimensions gnostic shills.jpg (1448x1650, 878K)

>pic related

Your macro doesnt work when you've got
>UBI
On both sides... not clicking that vlicking link

Focus really hard and wrinkle your forehead and you guys will someday make an pimple on a good physicist ass. It's not worth wasting your time on, and even if you could see the workings inside the machine moms still not making with the tendies. You were bad.

Then there would be 4 lights wtf do I look like, a miracle worker?

number sequences

Also thanks for the lighter back, I think.

this is because nature is mathemtical

>irregardless
just stop.

then its agreed upon, regardless of what actually happened.
#BoomRoasted

>I reject your reality and substitute my own
>*removes his dick and pretends to be a woman*

Numbers and dates, dates and numbers.
Arrayed.
Burn After Reading

Yep, that's the truth

the concept of physical dimensions is so easy to understand when you imagine them as multi dimensional arrays (just like in your favorite programming language). adding another dimension just adds another way to indexing the data. no need to break your little head about "movement in 11D" or shit like that. it's really simple.

This guy gets it.

I like you, you got jokes

Theoretical mumbo jumbo.

add me on fortnite mobile GT= XanMan

Crypto but for the past to literally communicate with the future. Do they write it for us, or we for them. I dunno, dude in NZ sure put a lot of meaning behind his stuff.

Alas I do the DotA, and I wander.

Heard a vanishing man the other day.
Also the gunshots. Strangest thing, but I just go out to hang with freunds(fiends?), mostly.

Retard brain: UBI
Normal brain: Someone has to do the work, UBI best case is useless, worst case fucks up the incentive to work.
Big brain: We'll eventually have technology that can 100% take care of human needs, thus removing the need for money.
Galaxy brain: UBI

I never really got into games like that. My PC also isn't good enough or running the proper OS for some shit like that. fucking gay i know