Mayor of poorest and most violent town in US gives herself a 36% raise

Flint has a per capita income of $16,554, meaning Mayor Karen Weaver will now be making between seven and eight times as much as an average constituent.

"Ain't no reason to vote no"
dailycaller.com/2019/03/23/flint-michigan-raises-mayor-salary

Attached: beyonce.jpg (978x1082, 442K)

Other urls found in this thread:

abc7chicago.com/archive/8973798/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Ain nobuddi gut tym foh dat!

"The raises were proposed by the city’s Local Officers Compensation Commission. The mayor is angling for the chairman of that commission, Loyst Fletcher, to get a bigger job on the Great Lakes Water Authority board, Crain’s Detroit reporter Chad Livengood reported."
Niggers for you, they'll have Wakanda in no time.

Wigs ain't cheap nigger.

Attached: 1552843322320.png (610x320, 219K)

Wrong in this case sir.

>Flint; WE STILL AIN'T GOTS NO WATER DRUMPH!
>Also Flint; We can afford to give the mayor a 36 percent raise
Lmao, fuck these niggers and their water, they can demand the mayor buy them bottled water.

>OP posts political news with source
>HURRRR I KNOW, I'LL POST "1 POST BY THIS ID" AS THE FIRST REPLY, THEN THEY'LL KNOW I'M A FELLOW Jow Forums GUY!
Retarded shill is retarded.

"The city is best known for a contaminated water crisis that began after the City Council voted 7-1 to begin supplying water from the Flint River instead of from Detroit."
They did it to themselves. They didn't know that river water is different to treat than lake water. Quite a few cities in the world use river water no problem. They just tried to shift the blame and call racist when it all came out, because that's the modus operandi.

130,000 isnt enough money to be mayor of that hellhole in all fairness

Attached: 1440726436860.jpg (1313x1188, 678K)

He’s right. OP only posted once, faggot.

Isn't former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich in prison right now for literally this exact same thing? Public office quid pro quo / influence peddling

Attached: blagojevich.jpg (750x500, 99K)

SeeWhy not raise hell to help Flint? Do you think I hate them? I want better government everywhere. True, it may be a nigger hate thread in their mind, and have posted 10 more threads, probably w/o sources. I doubt it, but maybe. Flint needed Jow Forumss back then and now, even.

>"The city is best known for a contaminated water crisis that began after the City Council voted 7-1 to begin supplying water from the Flint River instead of from Detroit."
Weren't they even warned before the vote that this was a bad idea, and did it anyway to save money?
>They just tried to shift the blame and call racist when it all came out, because that's the modus operandi.
But user, Drumph is at fault for not paying to fix it! It doesn't matter if they did it, if whitey doesn't come along and pix up the mess he's raysis!

Ann Arbor, MI is large and thriving, part-time mayor makes $45k. Presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg, mayor of South Bend, IN makes $100k

Michigan shits corruption, it's why Chicago is a mess. Popes legion of boyfuckers stained this state to the bone.

abc7chicago.com/archive/8973798/
"4 out of previous 7 Illinois governors went to prison"
Its their thing. Its why its called the "Windy City".

They were forced to switch because literally 40% of the town never paid their water bill –including this mayor, who had a water bill several years delinquent

>and did it anyway to save money?
I can look for the documentary, but my recollection was that it would've still saved them money if they used the extra chemicals and processes. Breakdowns in the most basic protocals of changing from tap or lake water to river water led to the problem. Then it was all a blame game and hype, that's what pisses me off 2nd most, outside the citizens getting fucked over.

Why does river water have to be treated differently from lake water?

They didn't use the right chemicals because the dept of public works and water dept was staffed with unqualified cronies and ghost employees for decades

It has much more particulates and farming runoff. It highlighted Cincinnati in the doc, it uses river water from the Ohio River just fine, and has for a long time, and is a rustbelt city. It needs treated differently.

same shit happens all the time in africa,
people are living in hell, but the ruler horde all the wealth for themselves.

blacks can't govern

Interesting, thanks user. I browse Reddit occasionally and for a minute I forgot that everything they say is wrong.

user I.... Chicago, Michigan... The more your know.

Idk, some RT doc, but that wasn't it. As I recall, it needed chemicals to not have the lead in the main pipes interact with the unproperly treated water going to the smaller house pipes, and this, among other problems, lead to the lead issue. It needed to be cleaned more in the tanks, because sand also built up more with river water. The chemicals were cheap and they didn't need much. But this is foggy memory. Saw the doc twice on PBS, but I can't find it. But this is OP's thread about graft anyways.

Detroit field office of the FBI is also one of the most active public corruption units. But unfortunately they haven't made their way up to Flint lately