Celt General /cg/

I'm a burger of Scots-Irish (southern) stock and I want to learn more about what it means to be Celtic
Their music really speaks to me and I've never had an interest in Paganism or Ireland/Scotland
But now I am interested...
>Celt - relating to the Celts or their languages, which constitute a branch of the Indo-European family and include Irish, Scottish Gaelic, Welsh, Breton, Manx, Cornish, and several extinct pre-Roman languages such as Gaulish.

Why are the English always trying to keep the Celts down, both on the Islands and abroad?

Attached: imageCreation.jpg (750x750, 173K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jWObTfiovD8
youtube.com/watch?v=mfl7xXDR0DE
youtu.be/6UeYlpmewx8
youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8
youtube.com/watch?v=f4WfDafHijY
reluctant-messenger.com/judahs_sceptre_josephs_birthright.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clerical_celibacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=jWObTfiovD8

Are there any Irish or Scottish musicians here?
Is anyone keeping the fire alive?
youtube.com/watch?v=mfl7xXDR0DE

Attached: anglo-saxon-celt-latin-2640533.png (500x379, 82K)

Attached: k7gv8zzgmxf01.jpg (2518x1024, 1.37M)

Good on ya lad

Flat caps and alcoholism, lad.

luka bloom
cheers

That "finally succumbed to Catholicism after being conquered by the English" is weirdly wrong. When the English came to Britain as heathens, the Celts had long been Christians. We learned Christianity in part from the Celts (and from missionaries sent from Rome).

Attached: history.jpg (1022x1042, 105K)

haha yea I need to start drinking and get a flat cap, good call
aye, thanks.
I don't want to seem paranoid but lots of these Irish singers with the last names like King and Bloom, on paper at least from their name it would be easy to think they're Jews

Thanks for the correction, I didn't make it as you probably guessed
I was probably stupid to mention the Paganism thing but it is really the music and history I am interested in right now

>Scotch Irish
No such thing. You are of lowland scot anglo stock. The only thing you have to do with Celts is you came to our lands and fought with us because you cunts were bootlicking the English monarchy

While you are right about the Scots-Irish, I am also Irish so obviously I can feel the Celtic blood in me when I hear the music

>cringe

see that is what I great about being an American... I am an unholy mix of European stock
Dutch part of the family, Irish part of the family, English part of the family, Scots-Irish part of the family its one big clusterfuck

Lol you yanks are so fucking gay

dude I was being ironic and laughing really fucking hard at the time

>I was probably stupid to mention the Paganism thing but it is really the music and history I am interested in right now
Yes, there's some good music. On the heathen thing, the English were not converted until two hundred years after our arrival in Britain. Another fun fact: the Irish taught us to read and write (except for the runes, of course, which we already used).

Wow, all of the info you're providing is very unexpected.
What do you say of the Welsh? I have a friend from Wales he is one of the most incredible/crazy people I know.

Of course... After all, who AREN'T you descended from?
Kek fuckin mutts

What kinds of paganism did the English practice before their conversion?
Sorry for my lack of knowledge but was it sun-based? Related to the druids? I've heard stories about this stuff and there are lots of Americans who are really interested in topics like laylines and pre-christian british isles traditions/religions

Well Celts and Germanics are more closely related, but I disagree with divide and conquer tactics between whites.

Have you ever been over? I'm not Celtic but fell in love with Ulster. I'm getting a Irish working visa worked out so I can spend some time on the West Coast since I didn't have much time in the Republic.

>What do you say of the Welsh?
Well, I'm English, so it's my blood- and birth-right not to quite like the Welsh. And theirs not to like the English. But we get along. "Welsh" comes from Old English meaning "foreigner".

embarrassingly only england and a one day visit to dublin
I was just thinking about how much I'd love to see Belfast and yea, hope to visit one day!

What is funny is my Welsh friend sounds a lot like you, he is always telling people the meanings of words and he's fairly well read.
He's also kind of a degenerate scoundrel but eh British Isles ya know...

>Be foreigner
>Come to the Celtic Isles
>Call the natives "foreigners"
The non-Jew Jews of Europe

Learn Gaelic, all us Celts speak it.
youtu.be/6UeYlpmewx8

>What kinds of paganism did the English practice before their conversion?
Germanic Anglo-Saxon. Gods: Wóden, Þunor, Tíw, Fríg, and so on. Hero-worship. Likely ancestor-worship too. Plus the usual magic and stuff.
>was it sun-based?
Likely to be some element of that, since we named a day of the week after the sun. Likely also Mother-Earth worship.
>Related to the druids?
No, not at all, though we did nick the word "druid" for a word meaning "sorcery": drýcræft.

Ayy nigger you're pretty much me

this is disturbing degenerate cultural programming.. I was searching for celtic folk music and this NEW IRISH shit came up
youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

I thought they wuz the real juice....

Oh wow, very good. This explains a lot actually.

Dont go to Dublin. Land in Belfast and never go near Dublin. Don't even think about going to that place, or Galway for that matter. Trust me

Attached: 1542234160447.png (1405x809, 1.81M)

>he is always telling people the meanings of words
I like etymology, and I know Old English:

Sygegealdor ic begale, sigegyrd ic mé wege.

>He's also kind of a degenerate scoundrel but eh British Isles ya know...
Well, there's certainly a lot of degenerates around nowadays.

What else would you expect us to call them? To us they were (and are) foreigners. All peoples call other peoples foreigners. Perfectly normal.

no he's old like in his 60s
his parents were bank robbers in london died when he was young
he's probably one of the most interesting people i know
he's supposedly friends with Alan Moore from the graphic novel business and he's really into tibetian shit, fucking boomers...

That's still a start! I was in East Belfast and honestly love it (swear I'm not a Jackeen). Newcastle and Carrick are grand and Derry's great craic.
As for culture, honestly just follow all the nationalist meme pages. Gerry Adams and Welsh Independence are some of the better ones. No matter your politics, it's cracker stuff.

The natives.
Remember, you have to go back along with the rest of the foreigners when Europe is saved.

Degeneracy's been around a while!
He sounds loony, but yes, interesting.

Scots-Irish are really Ulster Scots, the only thing that is Irish about them is that is the name of the country they left. They were genetically Scots

Haha, hello Taffy.
As if you could expect us to have been PC in the 5th century. You were foreigners to us and we to you. Let's not skirt around the matter. But yes, in a way we are somewhat foreigners to Britain (but not to England). Should we take back Jutland?

> That's still a start! I was in East Belfast and honestly love it (swear I'm not a Jackeen). Newcastle and Carrick are grand and Derry's great craic.
As for culture, honestly just follow all the nationalist meme pages. Gerry Adams and Welsh Independence are some of the better ones. No matter your politics, it's cracker stuff
I get the feeling you are in your 60's or 70's

Attached: SFHSTHNDFHHNTH.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

But bearing in mind that the Scots came to Britain from the north of Ireland. In Britain, however, they did mingle with Picts and the Angles.

>Newcastle and Carrick are grand and Derry's great craic.
you mean Londonderry?

I am from Fermanagh, I am not a sissy daffodil faggot. Tell you what, take back all your planter stock and we can be frens. Deal?

Ha. Ah, well then, Britain wasn't yours.
>Tell you what, take back all your planter stock and we can be frens. Deal?
Fine by me. Not keen on the British presence in Ireland. (I'm not keen on the British Union either.) As far as I'm concerned, it should have nothing to do with England. It's the Sweaty Socks up there, not us.

I'll take that as a compliment compared to shit world we live in now.
Seeing as I was near the Bogside and everybody was from there or Donegal, I'd hesitate to say that.

Attached: Capture+_2018-11-08-11-23-22.png (1080x1316, 158K)

I stayed with an Irish family just over the border in Donegal when the troubles were still on (1990 or 91). My Englishness was not always welcome.

Most Western and Central Europeans still have quit a lot of Celtic ancestry, perhaps the majority of their ancestry in many regions along the Alps, where the Celts originally started out as a distinct culture.

>quit
I meant quite.

I'm a mutt, I have
>German
>Swedish
>French
>English
>Danish

why does youtube keep recommending this to me?
I'm looking for celtic culture and THIS IS RECOMMENDED BY GOGLE
thanks google
youtube.com/watch?v=f4WfDafHijY

I was surprised to find in Bavaria and in places like Slovenia that some people were very keen to emphasize a Celtic background.

Everyone in the world is a mutt. No one is 100% pure

Not a bad mix.

I wouldn't want to dump a million abominations onto Scotland, they never belonged their in the first place. I'd prefer they just walk into the sea really. If England wont take em then I'm sure America would when we overthrow the Jew. They will want more huwhite people

>Everyone in the world is a mutt. No one is 100% pure
>flag
pottery

Show dna

I'd imagine. One old fella said how both sides were shite with the influence of paramilitaries, but they sure showed foreigners a good time so they'd go back home telling tales of how "Those Ulstermen are sound" or "Those poor Irish lads."
That's pretty interesting, user.What were you doing over there? All I can think of is James, the poor wee English fella.

>If England wont take em
We're already a dumping-ground. So yes, our mightily evil government probably would take them.
> I'm sure America would when we overthrow the Jew. They will want more huwhite people
Rather a good solution.

But anyway, what about your newer invaders?

Because of a dispute over royal birthright that began long before Jesus walked the earth.

reluctant-messenger.com/judahs_sceptre_josephs_birthright.htm

Attached: lia-fail.jpg (285x214, 18K)

You Americans think that because you're all mutts it means the rest of the world is too, wrong !

I showed mine show me yours

Nova Scotian reporting in. We have some of the strongest Scottish Gaelic traditions still alive.

Literally you.

Attached: mutts.png (602x328, 151K)

They only just started coming to Uster. I think the troubles kept them away so it was a blessing in disguise I suppose. Since there isn't much here yet, for the most part the second generation of invaders are sound because they grew up only around whites so people think it's not a threat and care mainly about green and orange. We have to walk the same path it looks

In all seriousness we'll probably wind up looking more disgusting than that due to all the spics flooding in

They were on the whole good to me. Things occasionally got a little dodgy in nightclubs in the border-areas.
>What were you doing over there?
I had an Irish friend at university. He invited a few of us over to say on his family's farm.
>All I can think of is James, the poor wee English fella.
?

Ah, I see.
But the well-behaved invaders are the worst. They get accepted and assimilated.

Took a test, 100% african but white

Tartan thread?

Attached: MDC-A-CTBR_MacDonald_Clanrandlad_Ancient_Braeriach_Tartan_No.108_Org__84222.1484072854.jpg (500x500, 117K)

Sounds grand. He's a character from Derry Girls. Only English character for most of the show. The only other one was:
"Clive is a wee prod from East Belfast, Clive came back from Ibiza, got on the wrong bus at Aldergrove airport, then fell asleep, woke up in Derry surrounded by Russians and Fenians, Clive is absolutely shitting himself."

Yeah, I don't want my people to become half monkey half human. It's just wrong. It's a disgrace. All race mixers have to go with the shitskin hoard to the designated dumping ground when this all boils over

>Manessah
>Nephtali
>Reuben
>Ephraim
>Dan
A mutt and yet still 100% Israelite

Attached: Israel Esau Ishmael.jpg (720x415, 236K)

I'm Scottish and please kill yourself.

Attached: maca_pie_fb.jpg (821x430, 49K)

oh come on why?
is that quiche?
I love quiche....
what is maca pie lol

lmao

It was a great time. Quite an experience too: border-checks, tinted-glass machine-gun nests on police-stations, seeing the British soldiers patrolling the streets in threes, etc.
>He's a character from Derry Girls.
I shall look it up!

Those are regions where the Boii people lived, or tribes closely related to them, as part of the Central European Celtic culture at the time, before the Roman Empire and Germanic really expanded and clashed against each other. Those Celts would have assimilated among the Germans and the Slavs, and perhaps some of their remnants, the Huns, the Avars, and later the Hungarians, or at least their non-culturally Celtic descendants did.

Celtic Christianity was different from Roman Catholicism. For one Celtic Priests could marry and have families.

My thoughts too.
Sometimes I meet or hear about some "conservative" and I think, hmm, he sounds like he might understand, until he says: "I wouldn't mind if they assimilated." And I shout: "But that's the worst thing that could happen!". People just don't seem to care.

> lowland scot
> anglo stock
Utter retard that thinks the borders the entire lowlands.

Attached: 1544820024881.jpg (903x960, 52K)

are the*

Scotland was essentially all Gaelic except the south west which has no evidence of any gaelicisation.

Attached: lang of 12.png (720x980, 155K)

Yes, it's very interesting.
I did on an archaeological dig on a Celtic site in Bavaria.

>is that quiche?

Attached: facepalm_estatua.jpg (914x607, 112K)

Priests used to marry in the early centuries of Catholicism. It's a discipline that was recently imposed and could be lifted at any time

Sheesh, reminds me a bit of the army checkpoints when I stayed with a Lebanese friend.
The farm sounds nice though. I was in Boston for my first uni and a buddy had a lakehouse we'd go to for break.
Would highly recommend. It's like a toned down Irish Inbetweeners.

You mean the South East.

Sounds like Orthodoxy with extra steps.

Indeed. But Celtic Christianity influenced the English, even though we chose Roman.

Actually the soldiers remind me of Paris... FFS how that city has fallen.

correct lol

Do you know your east and west, retard?

Lothian is English (Northumbrian) clay.

Scotland remained Celtic Christian though until MacBeth was killed, then Malcolms wife replaced it was with Roman Catholicism iirc.

Attached: 09C6EE5C-9FEA-4630-9F0B-3B08C75DB099.png (1440x2033, 2.65M)

There's still a part of England somewhere that's legally part of Scotland but still somehow part of England. So w/e i guess.

It's a running joke that American tourists come here and claim they were 1/32nd SCATTISH, fuck off cunt it's shite being scottish you also gave up your heritage rights when after 1776, maybe sort out your own fucking country instead of fucking up everyone elses. It's shite enough here

Orthodoxy never required celibacy from its priests. Its bishops must be unmarried or widowers however. This is what Catholicism used to do but they changed it. It's not a doctrine or dogma it's just a rule that could be changed if necessary.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clerical_celibacy