I really discovered this place a few days ago and I love it so much...

I really discovered this place a few days ago and I love it so much. I don't agree with most of what you say but it's so enjoyable to see people say what's in their mind without any filter, it feels so real. Most people IRL are so hypocritical, especially regarding politics, all my fucking friends talking about how they love immigration, I live in a small city in France with litteraly no immigrants, they've never seen one in their live, they just say what they are supposed to say whereas I've been in Paris for a while, I know what it's like to be in your home and not feel like it's your home because of mass immigration.

Anyway, the reason I'm creating this thread is because there is no place like this one for french people, and I want to create one. I'm an full-stack web developper, I have a lot of experience (I've managed/built the back-end of one of the biggest inssurance company in france), so technically I can do anything, but I don't really know exactly what to make, so I have a few questions:

- Besides posting messages, what are the most important functionnalities for you? What functionnaly would you add to this board if you could?
- Should I make a 100% public forum or should I allow private messages between members?
- Should I require login? Would you guys still post here if you had to register with an email?

That's all the questions I could think of, if you have any advice please tell me. I'm so excited about this project because free speech has recently become like a religion to me, I really want to make a difference.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Attached: freespeech1.jpg (695x391, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1QqdiIHMn0k
youtube.com/watch?v=IF71KKd2P-w
youtube.com/watch?v=tclAbWvBt70
youtube.com/watch?v=x-5kWX7rYuU
youtube.com/watch?v=FzVd7XCTu28
github.com/ctrlcctrlv/infinity
youtube.com/watch?v=7dxsVSzL4HE
youtu.be/763anDaYF1U
youtu.be/y3qkf3bajd4
youtu.be/WAoNhacojmM
youtu.be/LPjzfGChGlE
youtu.be/mwOGccsnw9U
cheekyvideos.net/
youtu.be/NJl0bH8ey-M
youtube.com/watch?v=k2V3NrvThlg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck off newfag

Nice blog post bro

Fpbp

10+ years too late to join this board.

You're the immigrant here. GTFO my board.

1: gifs with sound
2: No private messaging
3: No login; would not post here if I needed an email

I didn't read your wall of text but you should shut the fuck up about it and go burn Macrons house instead.

Gif with sound?? You mean videos??

This is one of the few good threads on pol. Expanding free speech is critical.

no - other boards have .gifs with sound

I don't like Macron but i'm not gonna burn his house, l''Élysée is a piece of art and there is too much disgusting architecture going on to burn a palace like that.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not. What's the difference between a gif with sound and a video?

I'm not trolling. go on /gif/ and see - I know most of the board is degenerate but they have gifs with sound

They are called .webm's and sound is disabled on all boards except /gif/ for bandwidth reasons.

What is amazing is that Jow Forums is so simple and that is why it works. It really doesn't need any more features. It has the perfect (minimal) amount of Javascript and is entirely usable even in an ancient browser/OS.

Nobody here would want a login or private messages.

People like this are the reason pol ideas don't go mainstream.

>2: No private messaging
Yeah I'm hesitant to implement it because I'm afraid people will form groups in private messages and say all the interesting stuff in there. The problem is: what if some people want to get in contact to organize an IRL meeting/event? That's what's making me hesitate about it.

They are called webm's lad. Am I the only Chansman left? Are you all really this fucking new? What has become of this place I once called home? Please God release my from this hellish facade.

why would we want our ideas to go mainstream?

You'd have to have accounts to do pm's and that would ruin the anonymous aspect

>being this new

>They are called .webm's and sound is disabled on all boards except /gif/ for bandwidth reasons.
Bandwidth wont be a problem for me, and i'll allow any type of file up to 2go I think.

>private messages between members
>register with an email
These questions prove you have no cukcing clue about chan culture this. Suggest you lurk for at least 6 months before posting again.

Thanks burger

Can you build it with something like ipfs?

no login. no email. no passwords. keep it stupid simple.

i do like thread specific IDs so a conversation can take place. i like the time, date, and post number as well. the filter function for users is pretty handy.

no private messaging.

That's the reason i'm asking questions man, I don't want to wait 6 months studying this place before coding, a clean, efficient and beautiful forum website is so simple to built in vanilla goland, I want it as soon as possible

>Besides posting messages, what are the most important functionnalities for you? What functionnaly would you add to this board if you could?
Apart from bare bones posting I think being able to mouse over >> and seeing the post being replied to is the most important.

>Should I make a 100% public forum or should I allow private messages between members?
Private messages would probably require accounts and that would cause people to filter their thoughts. Unless the PMs worked on something like the Jow Forums system where people were assigned a random ID per thread

>Should I require login? Would you guys still post here if you had to register with an email?
I'd say no to the login, same reason as above. And no, I wouldn't post here if it required an email.

>mouse over >> and seeing the post b
i agree. this is a good feature.

>gifs with sound
it would be nice if the Honklers actually madea a HONK HONK sound when you click on them

Ignore all the niggers saying "newfag".
>Besides posting messages, what are the most important functionnalities for you? What functionnaly would you add to this board if you could?
Assuming your credentials are real, I would recommend making it more like 4+4 or infinitychan, meaning able to post multiple images, embed videos less than 8MB in size with sound on all boards.
Split boards based on topics and SFW-ness like here, but considering the audience I would recommend less divisions with broader reach.

>Should I require login? Would you guys still post here if you had to register with an email?
No, that would make it lose its charm.

>ipfs
No and nothing like it. I want something centralized that I have full control of, and I want it quick, efficient, and clean. I'm thinking vanilla goland and http2 if I feel like it.

Dude Chans can be spawned in like a day. Just take the template and shill it to French speakers and now you have a French Jow Forums. Go be French Moot.

leave without delay and save your soul. you are days away from death and haven't but an inkling it's upon you.

Attached: Jimboboo.jpg (512x512, 29K)

I know what webms are you retards I've been on Jow Forums since 2005

private messages would be a terrible idea, it's just going to be a bunch of people flaming you and saying kys, etc.

l2 to triforce

Attached: 1553375069026.png (680x680, 188K)

Sample different forums and then make up your mind.

There are 3 types of forums
1. Anonymous forums (you are here)
2. Profile/personality forums (standard forum style)
3. Group consensus forums (based largely on upvotes, ie Reddit)

>mfw Yellow Vest go full 1488 because some French dude made a French Jow Forums.

Welcome to hell. Enjoy your stay. There is no escape.

Attached: 1553382264419.jpg (768x768, 191K)

>Split boards based on topic
That's another question, and a very important one. Should make a limited amount of thematic boards (like Jow Forums), or allow anyone to create his own board? I really have no idea on this.

Attached: 1552866150746.png (999x442, 200K)

> there is no place like this one for french people
There is on 4+4ch, the board is called /dempart/, very active actually because of the protests.

Attached: 4051f21b71b9be0741b646539433ca84e00d607a68e3249b5f81370812af9d28.png (600x487, 563K)

Attached: hold still while i gas you.jpg (624x480, 82K)

Why not decentralize it so everyone can support it in the event of attacks? Also, how would it be different from gab?

No private msgs. Only glowies try to organize irl events. There are ways anons meet up but I am not going to explain

There's a French board on 8ch, OP.

eightchan dot net /dempart/

Address spelled out to bypass filter.

/dempart/

Maybe let people create their own boards, but they must be approved by you and regularly monitored to make sure they meet a minimum amount of activity, and if two or more are based on the same or very similar topic, they get merged, in order to avoid excessive fracture.

Honked. He must do it now before all is lost.

Attached: 1547126641426m.jpg (785x1024, 113K)

No fucking way, I want to make my own thing from A to Z, I want to know every single function of the code, every variable, everything. I don't like the "use what's already there" attitude, I don't like extensions, plugins, premade-stuff, I don't care about "reinventing the wheel", I want full understanding and full control.

Based Frenchman. You sound like a cool guy.

Attached: typical user.jpg (474x379, 29K)

"any advice please tell me"
Anything you said before in a paragraph, you should be able to say here with a word or sentence.
Brevity is the soul of wit.

>Why not decentralize it so everyone can support it in the event of attacks?

Backups, and obviously not on french servers. No .fr domain either. I'm not afraid of attacks in general.

>Also, how would it be different from gab?

Gab is a social network, not a forum. I want a place for people to talk, no for people to harvest likes and followers, I don't want superstar users with 2 million followers, I want everyone on the same level all the time. People shouldn't come to my website to have something to gain but just something to say.

Attached: 5bba46f538fa0.jpg (3289x2702, 1.14M)

No private messages, no logins.

So, basically Jow Forums but everyone is a namefag?

the reason 4chins/pol "works" is
* everyone anonymous
* feelsbadman.jpg
* no accounts/logins
my one piece of advice?
NO MEMEFLAGS

Attached: 213-1-618x341.jpg (618x341, 28K)

Is everyone here against private messages?

>NO MEMEFLAGS
Seconding this. It'd be cool if you could add a flag feature based on which province of France. I kind of wish Jow Forums had state flags.

yes

Does France have freedom of speech?

with private messages you probably need a profile. once you get into that territory then people will be fearful that what they post will be attached to their real person. You'll only get somewhat censored views. You could always make profiles optional. Up to you. Once profiles are established then maybe you could allow private messages.

Nope, that is why this will trigger it if every French faggot goes onto it.

yes

Or just do it by Thread ID. So I can just message you based on the thread.

no, they are not allowed to criticize the holocaust. they aren't allowed to be anti-semetic, beyond that i'm not even sure..

Absolutely not, that's the all point of my project.

Ja

That means he will have to host it overseas I guess. And expect domestic isps to filter it if he gets traction.

You only like it because you like frogs. GTFO here.

Attached: 1546967105475.jpg (656x498, 370K)

Welcome newfag, have a great stay, and check these out
youtube.com/watch?v=1QqdiIHMn0k
youtube.com/watch?v=IF71KKd2P-w
youtube.com/watch?v=tclAbWvBt70
youtube.com/watch?v=x-5kWX7rYuU
youtube.com/watch?v=FzVd7XCTu28
They go regardless of attitudes like that lol

Attached: 1549771320854.png (725x1096, 795K)

I suppose that could work, the thing is I hardly have any desire to message other anons here after speaking with 4channers for ~10 years. You can see the social aspect of Jow Forums on /soc/ and the shithole you will inevitably invent with that. You never know though maybe Frenchies are classier or some shit.

Go join your other baguettes

8ch dot net/dempart/

stop being a dgsi faggot and go to /dempart/ your people are there

Only makes its more cool and forbidden. People circumvent ISP blocks all the time.

You never know, someone would maybe want conversation privately.

>go to /dempart/ your people are there
I just went there, first thing I did was click on "enable gallery mod", and it didn't work. I don't like stuff that doesn't work, I don't like pathetic website, I like work well done, I like something that you can feel someone has put real effort into. I hate mediocrity so much, and 8ch smells like mediocrity.

Kill yourself newfag normalniggers

Attached: Offended 90.jpg (480x640, 67K)

checked god willing

Attached: 1552634618745.jpg (1201x630, 336K)

The question is what would that do to board culture. As the user above said, you want interesting ideas out in public. The pseudo-anonymity makes that 'safe'.

we don't have state flags?

true

Just make a French imageboard you fucking faggot.

The format is already perfect and has been for like 18 years.

weird

Our ideas and memes always go mainstream because we're better than everyone else.

Thus we can safefully be cunts to everyone without fearing negative consequences.

Also, I've just read their rules and it's pathetic, they forbid feminism, lgbtism, and antiwhite hate, this is not free speech. If someone has something to say against white people I want to be able to hear about it.

>8ch smells like mediocrity
well it was started by a cripple after all

be prepped for bbc spam then

Seriously the imageboard format is already perfection. The only improvement would be dealing with faggot mods and decentralizing it to prevent it being taken down.

This is a good idea, especially for countries with significant regional differences. In addition to states, I would love to see provinces in canada, and regions of Italy (my ancestral land) especially.

The question is, to what extent would FrenchMoot care about the flags of posters from other parts of the world? Would it be provincially determined in France, and national elsewhere? Because I think it would be a bit over-board to display the different regions of every country. Maybe a flag with the option to "know more"? But then, anonymity decreases as one's information about a poster increases.

In case you didn't know the software that 4(2)chan uses is already open source.
github.com/ctrlcctrlv/infinity
Every imageboard steals code every other one Jow Forums stole it's code from 2channel.

are you actually black?

>Seriously the imageboard format is already perfection.

No it's not, nothing is perfect enough, that's the state of mind that allowed white people to constantly improve their societies. If you think it's perfect it's because you haven't thought enough on how to improve it.

Here's some basic Jow Forums 101 shit for you:
Holocaust debunked
youtube.com/watch?v=7dxsVSzL4HE
Six million jews being mentioned dozens of times in newspapers decades before Hitler.
youtu.be/763anDaYF1U
The Yuri Pill - ABSOLUTE MANDATORY VIEWING
youtu.be/y3qkf3bajd4
African Languages and the African mind
youtu.be/WAoNhacojmM
Immigration and Gumballs
youtu.be/LPjzfGChGlE
The Greatest Story never told
youtu.be/mwOGccsnw9U
Murdoch Murdoch
cheekyvideos.net/
We need to talk about the Jews
youtu.be/NJl0bH8ey-M

Attached: WELCOMETOPOL.jpg (559x456, 63K)

youtube.com/watch?v=k2V3NrvThlg

Yes ooga booga gimme de white wimmins white boi muh dik mufugga.

Attached: Super Nigger.jpg (234x251, 5K)

just checking, how is it Nigeria?