Why don't you garden Pol?

Any particular reason you don't grow some windowsill plants?

Attached: Place-Displace-2.jpg (266x350, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youshouldgrow.com/gardening-is-sexy/
youtube.com/watch?v=yXjLaFbpUNo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have a Ch ch cha chia

Gardening Is Sexy | You Should Grow
youshouldgrow.com/gardening-is-sexy/

Aw, the pottery that grows.

-Waynes World

Chia seed is extremely nutritious as it happens

I live in the uk and dont know what will grow in 99% cold and dim weather

Can't go wrong with mint as a starter - it grows like wildfire, adds a delightful aroma to door entries - doesn't mind shade

accompany with Alpine strawberries, which are self planting, so you can use one plant to clone others

I grow Eucalyptus and Chilean Myrtle. Trees are easier than flowering plants, the eucalyptus smells nice grows quick and is good for tinder, the myrtle is slow growing but makes a lovely hardwood

I found a big tub and put some potatoes in it

I have herbs sprouting, spinach, rocket, rosso lettuce, various lettuce types

mostly in small pots, or the plastic which strawberries come in, is perfect for starting plants

Thanks anons these suggestions are comfy

Myrtle very significant in Judaism, do you know of this?

Oh what a Joy Eucalyptus

I do, I have a small garden I tend to most evenings and grow a few herbs to use in cooking.

Do you have a favourite thing to grow?

You're welcome non

I have a small 2m balcony. That doesn't get much sun and gets lots of wind. What should I do?

Wind strengthens all plants
25 Shade Plants
1. Pothos (Epipremnum aureum)
2. Peace lily (Spathiphyllum floribundum)
3. Bush lily (Clivia miniata)
4. Spider plants (Chlorophytum comosum ‘Variegatum’)
5. Primrose (Oenothera speciosa)
6. Jacob’s ladder (Polemonium caeruleum)
7. Meadowsweet (Astilbe spp.)
8. Virginia bluebell (Mertensia virginica)
9. Columbine (Aquilegia spp.)
10. Foxglove (Digitalis spp.)
11. Flax lily (Dionella spp.)
12. English ivy (Hedera helix)
13. Coleus (Solenostemon spp.)
14. Fuchsia (Fuchsia spp.)
15. Impatiens species
16. Variegated ground ivy (Glechoma hederacea 'Variegata')
17. Variegated lily turf (Liriope muscari)
18. Bleeding heart (Lamprocapnos spectabilis, formerly classified as Dicentra spectabilis)
19. Hosta (Hosta plantaginea)
20. Solomon’s seal (Polygonatum biflorum)
21. Jumpseed (Persicaria virginata)
22. Japanese anemone (Anemone hybrida)
23. Azalea (Rhododendron spp.)
24. Leopard plant (Ligularia spp.)
25. Many types of ferns

spider plants indoors also act as an air filter

These around a bamboo chair would be stunning

Attached: peace lily.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Attached: natural-bamboo-chair.jpg (800x800, 148K)

Anything that will survive frost.

#MeToo
But yea, pretty much this. I've recently begun to grow celery and bok-choy, both of which grow easily and quickly. Bok-choy is done in 6 weeks and is great for any Asian stuff. Celery because it is 5 dollars a fucking bunch at shops.
Also grow parsley, chives, basil, mint, thyme, rosemary, scallions, leeks.
Wanna start some potatoes, chilis, cucumber, lettuce, beans and wintermelon when I get some fill for the empty beds.

Pretty comfy its just that fucking oxalis weed that shits me.
Also there's an ants nest next to the bed but they don't eat what's planted there, only the bugs that try to eat my shit, god bless those little niggers for killing the pests and distributing biomass into my soil.

Not in particular it’s nothing exciting some bamboo for a bit of screening, a ground covering vine of which I don’t even know it’s name, and a bit of oregano and rosemary, and some chillis, which I’ve only recently started but I live in a bit of a concrete jungle so it’s brought some life to my front porch a group of lizard are always in and around it now sunning themselves and bees to the flowering vine plants etc it’s just more relaxing environment to sit down after a busy day I’ll often have a smoke and my coffee out there now rather than always being cooped up in my box

Sounds absolutely comfy and satisfying.

It's so deeply relaxing being in a garden, wish more anons were into it, as I know it brings happiness and health

Nope, had no idea. Does that mean I must be Mossad? I found it really easy to germinate from the fleshy berries, and it's quite unusual in Bongland too

lol no, not necessarily.

>

I have some black bamboo somewhere I would love to grow soon. Great separating point for a garden.

I am doing a small community garden in what is a shared area with paving slabs, so looked terribly dull.

There was a bench, so I put an apple and pear either side with clematis and passi flora the root, as well as some viola and scattered Regina strawberry seeds, so they over hang the pots

I have built a make-shift bedd from scraps of wood and a £1 dust sheet from asda, which I filled and have planted various strawberry varieties, with peas all along the trim to add nitrogen and also some other flowers, spiralling tendrils and little pods

Planted some cherries to scatter the blossom around the place in summer

in big pots, grown as standards

I spent all my money on plants, I'm a little obsessed

Sounds cosy. I'm more into hard landscaping, I know more about lifting and shifting and building than greenery desu. Think more of Jow Forums should focus on self improvement through wholesome activities like gardening, could only be a good thing imo

This.
It's so satisfying doing some hard toil and then in a while seeing the things you planted sprout and grow. It really makes you appreciate when spring comes.
Even if you don't have a back garden, windowsills can do, especially with hardy stuff like Alloe or other succulents like pic related (give em a flood every week or two if the soil's dry and they'll thrive).

Attached: AloeFlower.jpg (1456x2592, 824K)

Too busy harvesing foreskins. I don't have time to garden.

Absolutely. Was just making tea.

Gardening connects us to nature, improves health and refines our sensibility of environment

Ah it looks like an array of flamingos!

Alloe is a great choice, fabulous properties for health and beauty. The Egyptian favoured it as a key to immortality.

Also bees!

Attached: BeeOnLupin.jpg (1000x600, 144K)

I got a bunch of raspberries, gooseberries, black currant. Tomatoes, a bunch of herbs, carrots and a couple of venus fly traps. I've also got a few trees in trying to bonsai

Aren' Lupin's just the best colours?

Yes a garden with bees and butterflies is like nothing else...

I scattered some wild flowers specific for them but I know there are lists online

Budlia!!! Ah they love that

That was a £3 one from Aldi - I've split it into 3 pots now and they are going to need splitting again soon.
I might actually start harvesting it :p

Attached: IMG_20180611_131844735.jpg (2592x1456, 1.15M)

Fantastic, Bonsai are magical and Venus' are fascinating.

It brings great self-esteem to cultivate food.

Bought an Amarilis from Aldi reduced to under £1 and it bloomed not once but twice but while it looked like the first bloom was fading, on the radio one morning came on

Adieu Amarilis

I laughed

then the plant flowered again from a small new spring

Yes, I love bees. Don't get many butterflies around here though unfortunately, just a few monarchs when it's really warm.
I scattered 4 boxes of flower seeds a couple of weeks ago so hopefully in late summer it'll be like a firework display.
Those lupins are from a few years back but got killed by the crazy harsh winter/summer combo. Hopefully more will come back from the seed boxes.

youtube.com/watch?v=yXjLaFbpUNo

Attached: adieu.gif (499x188, 18K)

Plant this

Attached: z-buddleja-3-in-1.jpg (1000x1000, 816K)

I will sell my feces for garden fertilizer. 500 USD per gram.

Anyone up to buy?

I quite like to see if something that looks totally fucked can manage to pull through. I picked up a berry bush, which was basically just a stick and this year it looks like it's going to produce fruit.
Gonna be making a load of jam I think.

Attached: butterfly bush.jpg (674x428, 71K)

No, I will take your kidney for $20

I'm a bit wary of those as I know they can go totally crazy and take over everywhere. I do have a tub that's not really doing anything though and it's in a bit of a sheltered, non light area so they might survive in it.

NOoooooooOO! not my kidney! It took several hours of hard work to pry that thing from Madeleine McCann's filthy goy body.

Excelllente

Oh yes, that which appears dead resurrects, the mystery of nature.

Leave my thread

They are very hardy, often find it at the sides of roads

Do you know the edible flower types?

Nasturtium is one

Attached: 1465309034249_nasturzioefrhs.jpg (354x529, 84K)

no. what are you gonna do if I don't?

I'll suck your dad's dick and tell everyone what a fucking homo he is.

Top tip: plant marigold in amongst your root veg like carrots. Companion planting to keep pests away

Good bread user, 10/10 would post in again

Edible Flowers Seed Collection: Bean, Hopi yellow; Borage; Calendula, orange; Nasturtium, jewels; Love in the mist; Shungiku; Violet, heartsease, Organic

Borage grows wild

Ah yeah, my dad had/has some of those in one of our gardens where I grew up. They are nice - kinda spicy!

Great topic companion planting

Attached: stuffed-nasturtium-leaves.jpg (870x580, 87K)

Answer me or your dad will start unzipping.

Courgette Blossom

oh yum

Attached: Deep-Fried_Zucchini_Blossoms_003.jpg (460x230, 35K)

my dick cheese is tastier

My neighbor finally cut down a massive tree in his garden so now im going to get an extra 2 hours of sunlight a day.

My tomatoes and peppers will enjoy that.

Excellent.

I was germinating ten lemons and peaked early and noticed one had turned into a fully baby plant already, it was bizarre - so I have planted that fellow on the windowsill.

with my tomatoes, apple and a bay which I can't bare to put outside as I love it on my desk, it's so serene.

Attached: Dok-Jog-Thai-flower-deep-fried-cookies.jpg (1500x1000, 404K)

peeked*

Love how pol/ is talking gardening, the left media should see us now.
BTW I'm a fan of Japanese miniature plants, currently caring for 5 species of Bonsai, the Ginseng ficus is an absolute beauty

Attached: 0014-1-Bonsai-Ficus-Ginseng-R9250-SKU-70014235.jpg (600x600, 153K)

Attached: Borage_Borago_officinalis.jpg (400x352, 42K)

Highly beautiful.

Caring about the environment is one of the few things that we all tend to agree on.
But they'd never mention that.

Attached: bonsai.jpg (480x360, 20K)

All trolling aside this is great stuff. I'm gonna start a garden one day, thanks for this thread.

had that in Greece a few weeks ago, marvelous taste, stuffed with rice.

Delicious!

Attached: Dolmades (Stuffed Vine Leaves)-2.jpg (1280x853, 241K)

I'm particularly excited I must have 20 + strawberry plants on the go including 12 roots and a multitude of seeds

berries are expensive for people to buy here, so I want an unlimited supply, on the square bed I mentioned and sown among the trees and plants everywhere - also peas are lovely for this type of thing, for snacking while in the garden in summer.

A hallmark of western civilized thought.

The idea that we can breath new life into something that looks quite dead.

Well put.

I bought solar lights for the garden but have ended up stringing them along my window frame and they created such a good ambience with a candle.

The fuck is wrong with you. Unless you live in the outer hebrides you are in the best country imaginable for gardening. We are known as a nation of gardeners and green grocers.

I'm assuming you are a neat without your own land but here are done suggestions.

If you only have window sills.

Easy: potted herbs e.g cress, mint, oregano etc.

Medium: veggies from seed e.g loose leaf lettuce, spring onions, garlic,

Hard: plants that need maintenance e.g cherry tomatoes (e. Salad or tiny Tim varieties), chilli peppers or even chant carrots.

Advanced: you either need luck or experience to grow. E.g orchids, bonsai from seed, tropical plants like b.o.p.

If you have a window box you could plant literally thousands of easily purchasable seed and plant varieties. My favourites for a begginer would be either tomatoes and chillies as above, but add in some strawberries. Alternatively if you want to have more colour and flowers I recommend either perrenial bulbs for spring focus like daffodils and tulips, or just go to a garden centre and get three or four trays of annuals you like and put them together.

Once you have the hang of sowing and growing its time you get your hands dirty in a proper garden, where everying from soil type, acidity, drainage, bugs, disease, weeds and maintenance become a bigger issue. In my garden for example I have many roses, magnolia, cherry blossom, peach, plum, apple, pear and cherry trees, laurel, spring bulbs summer bulbs, a veg patch, periwinkle, honey suckle, lavander, ornamental grasses, red and black bamboo, creeping flox, Heather, mum's, various herbs, Japanese anenome, geraniums, various annuals for bedding and more.

The best part of gardening is different for each person, I find it relaxing and a good work out as I have a lot of land and am landscaping it myself.

A garden is man's effort to shape their land into something more pleasing or useful, it is most definately something every Englishman should try.

bitch im romanian plants grow around me even if i dont want them to

Good for you ya cunt.

It's raining at the moment

I do garden in the rain, however I had some tiny strawberry seeds to plant and they can be fiddly

Few things are better than getting sunburned and exhausted improving you'd own land.

Five fruit trees is an orchard :)

found that out a few days ago

So I officially have an orchard of 8 trees thus far and my bay on my desk is a tele-tree

So so true

The sleep you get is the best after a day doing the garden, tending land

Aldi and lidl have a surprisingly good variety of plants throughout the year. Also check out tesco for cheap bare root roses and trees as nd as much as bnq generally has kinda shitty plants you can find some good deals on the discount section if you know how to nurse a sick specimin back to health.

have loads of spinach popping up

had some small new potatoes sprouting, so shoved them in a pot and then in something of a cabinet I have converted into a stylish victorian looking hot house

now they are growing nicely

tomatoes, spinach, strawberry, chives, basil, lettuce rosso, lettuce ll yer round, lettuce wonder

tumeric

soon ginger

and all kinds downstairs so far
the trees
cherry x 2 variety, plum x variety, apple x 2 variety and pear

raspberry
red currant

rocket
3 x strawberry variety
cucumber
peas

Jasmine

all kinds of climbers, clematis, passi flora and honeysuckle

Gardening in the rain is great, especially summer showers. I like to repot and move plants in the rain, its soothing and messy.

want to grow a tea plant, coffee plant

finger limes
frankincense

rare heritage fruit trees

I want to graft pear and apple as a frankenstein tree

a load of strange herbs

I have so many seeds left
broccoli is a must
two varieties one is purple

onions, garlic

will need to keep my tomatoes indoors for the time being unless we get a great spring summer

Are you finding you have issues with ants and your cherries? I was fun buying the extra large tub of vaseline over the counter. My wife asked what it was for and wasn't any clearer when I said I was going to lube up the cherry tree.

also known as citrus caviar

Attached: finger limes.jpg (275x183, 12K)

The cherries probably wont sprout fruit for another year or so, I added them specifically for the blossom for this time, as they are so beautiful.

Haven't had any ant issues but there are an abundance of worms I added to my huge pots

Imagine making a little weekend drink with these in it

Attached: citrus caviar.jpg (355x236, 15K)

I tried to start a finger lime business once without any fingerlimes

I phoned some places and asked how interested they would be in finger limes.

They seemed confused.

Attached: pink.jpg (160x160, 10K)

Attached: petrina-mcdonald-flickr.jpg (640x640, 312K)

We should start a weekly pol gardening thread, where everyone briefs us on his plants well being and what improvements he made to his garden, some of us would really value the tips and advice.. Big advance on our eco-terrorism front

Excellent idea

If anyone can make a logo that would be good

Agreed. You suggested so its you baking the bread next week. See you then