Planned obsolescence

Back in the day you could shave one month with ONE razor blade, they don't make them anymore.

Attached: personna 74.png (516x694, 837K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KdYF5ifzuY4
youtube.com/watch?v=zdh7_PA8GZU
youtube.com/watch?v=wJVnI6O3S7M
youtube.com/watch?v=4Z1XYM7bC4k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_sterilisation_in_Sweden
dorcousa.com/pace-6-plus/
amazon.de/dp/B079H1KH5W/ref=twister_B079H1SZ3J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is there a valid reason that razor blades are so damn expensive?

>shaving

What are ya some sort of poofta cunt?

> Is there a valid reason that razor blades are so damn expensive?

Personally I blame women bidding up the price with men's money.

Pink plastic costs more to make because it has to be cooked at a higher temp and for a longer time than other colored plastic. If they sold the pink ones for their real price they'd get a twitter mob after them crying about discriminating against women because women are dumb and reactionary. So they just up the price of the men's blue and grey ones to compensate.

this like war drives economies and is absolutely reprehensible

That reminds me of an amusing phenomenon:
>studies have found that if a product is offered in a men's style and a women's style (such as blue water bottles vs pink water bottles) - the women's style is more expensive on average
>Mianstream Feminists blame this on a patriarchal conspiracy to oppress women
>it never occurred to them that the free market dictates the price and men are more frugal while women are dumb enough to throw their money away

I found it pretty funny, but since women can't into logic we can't expect them to figure it out any time soon.

Buy a decent electric razor (not Remington) , save your razor blades for when your going out on Saturday night

Not to shill, but dollar shave club is the shit.

the original lightbulbs were designed to last more than 100 years, there are still examples of these early models in use today.

Use a double edged safety razor like a real man.
>far cheaper blade
>better shave
>trains your hands

Why not just make razors black and call it a day?
Have different designs but don't do any of the gender marketing.

If you make razors that never go bad, you eventually saturate the market and you will go out of business. That, and the people who make disposable razors somehow made enough to purchase or outcompete their rivals, probably because they get more sales total and therefore more profit.

It's the ad of a DE razor blade in case you didn't notice.
youtube.com/watch?v=KdYF5ifzuY4

But safety razor. Blades are 100 for $5. Grow beard. Shave only non-beard areas like neck. Shave costs are maybe 50 cents a year.

Henry Ford sent company men to every scrapyard in the US to find out which parts were still working well on scrapped Fords, so they knew which parts they could make worse for cheaper.

You can buy saftey Razor blades and Razor holder things Easily online for peanuts. Fuck shitty multi blade plastic shite for your skin “modern” razors

Jaegen David ones are good and wilkinson Sword blades

this little doc was my first enlightenment to planned obsolescence. Most people are still completely oblivious to it all.
youtube.com/watch?v=zdh7_PA8GZU

They also keep technology from us that is too good.
youtube.com/watch?v=wJVnI6O3S7M

Razors have to be sharpened...

and the retards start posting about shaving

instead of the issue OP is posting about

shills truly are mongoloids

>slandering based Henry - the man who voluntarily payed his workers above standard wages and deliberately sold his cars for cheaper than he could
(until he got sued by Jews for operating his corporation in a manner that was deemed too "charitable")

Good goy, believe those lies we told you, now repeat after me: Henry Ford bad!

New safety razors and blades are still being made and sold. Even straight razors are still being made.
If you dont like the plastic multiblade junk just go and buy somethign else. Ladas or voshtok blades are on amazon 100pcs for 10$ they will last a few years

Yeah and a tungsten blade will hold its edge for much longer than whatever cheap stainless they make them out of today.

yeah its pretty much everything mass produced, we could have superphones built into stone that last millennia but will never see that.

You can use modern expendable blades for over a month no problem. Well, depending how hairy you are.

Its not a big deal to sharpen razors. i argue its one of the most easy to sharpen blades since you can just lay it flat on a stone and dont need to freehand any angles. All you need to do is stropping them before use. The biggest point against wet shaving with razor or safety razor is that its more timeconsuming if you want a close shave.

This razor is older than anybody here and still works fine.

Attached: razor.jpg (2976x3968, 1.94M)

People chose convenience over price. A packet of disposable razors costs about €20 for premium razors. You get 8. So that's about €2.5 value per razor.

Sharpening a non disposable razor might take 5 or 10 mins. It's just not worth €2.5 to most people for that time. Most people earn enough that the disposable razors are better value when their time is taken into account.

People chosing convenience over a price is exactly the reason why most people shave with multiblade cartridges or electric razors. Less iritation,less cuts and not having to charge another thing are things that bother me way more than taking a couple of minutes more.

>Sharpening a non disposable razor

That's the point you idiot, tungsten holds its edge for FAR longer (it's right there in the OP pic).
If you're only using it to cut little hairs it'd stay sharp for months or a year or something I dunno (much longer than a disposable razor) NO SHARPENING NEEDED.

This is so dumb I can't even begin to tell you how wrong you are.

Take into account you might get 2 or 3 shaves from a good disposable razor. So it's less than a euro per shave.

The other day I took lots of wood that was being dumped, sawed it down to size and used it as fuel in my wood stove. Buying fuel would probably have made more sense when taking the value of my time into account but I took satisfaction in doing it.

If that were true people would do it.

It's true and people don't do it - which is the whole reason OP created this thread you dense potato nigger.

What is the business plan for ink cartridges?

Attached: 1370217361372.jpg (989x1024, 232K)

just found another shorter vid with similar points but more summarized. We are all slaves.
youtube.com/watch?v=4Z1XYM7bC4k

Attached: 1373267784261.jpg (500x484, 195K)

Nice pic but double stack magazines and double action triggers are an improvement.

Imagine saying "potato nigger" when you are descended from convict potato niggers.

>he doesn't have an electric razor for that permanent 5 clock shade
>being such a onions cuck manbaby you believe using some shitty blade on your cheek like your now alzheimered grandpa makes you more manly and "traditional"

I have a very respectable English surname thank you very much.

>English
That's even worse. Also that just means you were an English convict.

Settlers mate, I'm descendant from settlers (although there's probably a convict or two in there too).

I have a shitty gilette fusion proglide or smtn, and i use one i guess "razor unit" as they have several blades for probably 6 months, perhaps even more sometimes. I had heard however that old blades could last you a lifetime.

is funny how all Australians will tell you they decend from some prison official or later settler

You do know gillette has a monopoly on these mills and stamps that manufacture razors? Why would they allow one product to fuck over their racket of selling overpriced cartridges and lesser quality blades. They own nearly everything from Astra to Wilkinson Sword.

Well I have a surname to back it up.

Have you ever met another human being? They're all lazy pieces of shit

>Back in the day you could shave one month with ONE razor blade, they don't make them anymore.

You ever try shaving with that fucking thing?

Cut you fucking head off, man.

Yeah I'm descended from norman conquerors and have the surname to back it up too.

>One of the manliest commercials I've ever seen in my life.
>Mentions Sweeden. Fucking kys and kms

>207591894
This. I worked in plastics for 10 years as a blender operator. Fucking any kind of red takes anywhere from 3 to 10x the color concentrate depending on the plastic. Also the little safety blades for the old fashioned razors are only 3 bucks for a pack of 20. Even cheaper if u go with a straight shave with a permanent blade. 30 years of shaves for 70 bucks

Red is the nigger of colors in plastic you say. It takes at least 3 times of coating to bleach.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_sterilisation_in_Sweden
Compulsory sterilisation in Sweden were sterilisations which were carried out in Sweden, without a valid consent of the subject, during the years 1906–1975 on eugenic, medical and social grounds.

Blue white polystyrene- 3-6% color. Low brittleness with 975e.
Blue white Polypropylene 1-4% color

Red white polystyrene- 8-22% color, must add rubber to mix otherwise it's brittle af
Red white PP- 11-24%
It's absolutely retarded and made me want to blow my head off. Thankfully color concentrate is expensive AF and no nigger wants to pay that much extra. It's bad enough though that if we didn't have regrind for a job some operators would run high rubber content first just so we could chop it up and use it for regrind to help with the color concentrate binding with the plastic (the reason for brittleness)

Nigger my disposable razors last half an year, at least. What kind of weak ass skin do you have if you can't use a disposable razor more than a month?

Yet no one talks about sterilizing nigg...african american or nigerians in Italy.

Gotta prevent the pretty white people from being born. Mazel tov!

Literally repackaged dorco products. dorcousa.com/pace-6-plus/

why dont they just make them white? it seems like a pretty neutral colour to me

>fighting men and women
>women
No.

They aren’t, but you may have to go somewhere other than a chain store to get them

reminder real nylon is still classified and they weaken nylon so women have to buy new pantyhose.
not even making this shit up.
I am 99% sure that one lightbulb in a firestation somewhere that has been on for over 130 years is still lit, there is also a livestream for that bulb.
I cant be arsed to google for it.

1. Straight razors are still available and in every metal type you can think of basically- it's on my list of shit to get
2. Even the disposable ones that are expensive will last a month
3. Yeah your dollar store not-even-stainless steel bic shaver that's half a milimeter thick isn't going to cut it

I still buy tungsten blades mate and they last forever. Stop buying Gillette, the best a trans can get.

>tfw Jow Forums tricked you to buy old razor and you keep cutting yourself
>tfw none of their advice work

I’m surprised people haven’t figured this out yet. They double the price and make it a “club”

>about €20 for premium razors. You get 8
>giving the equivalent of 150 kn for 8 razorblades
oof life is expensive in ireland, same pack costs 30 kn out here (~€4)

>Women throw their money away
Holy shit this so much. Used to date an american girl while I studied in Florida.
She would spent a ton of money on retarded shit and then always complain that she is broke and in debt.

Some examples:
Getting her nails done at a salon rather than doing it herself or not doing it at all since it looked absolutely retarded anyway.
Ordering 100 extras like having warm wax poured on her feet afterwards which was supposed to make her “skin smooth”
Buying expensive makeup which looked exactly like the generic brand. I was never able to tell a difference.
Getting starbucks every morning as well as drinking capsule coffee rather than getting a coffee grinder which makes coffee that tastes twice as good as that sugar shit and costs one tenth the price.
Feeling the need to buy a new dress every time she went out because she “already has posted pictures in that other dress”.
Ordering takeout every day rather than cooking simple meals and meal prepping.
Paying a shit ton for drinks at a bar rather than buying a massive bottle of grey goose at costco for 30$ and pre drinking every time you go out.
going to a “medspa” to do some kind of treatment that costs thousands and is not backed up by any science to actually do anything.
I could go on but you get the point.
Every time I’d give her tips to save money she’d get defensive and point out that I wear an expensive watch so I’m “just as wasteful”, meanwhile I bought it preowned and could get rid of it for the same amount of money any time. But the concept of an investment vs money that is ultimately spent overgrew her mental capacity.

I could go on but you get the point.

You're just not nimble/skilled enough. I dunno if you have tourettes or seizures or some shit then don't feel bad but it is possible to shave with straight razors without cutting yourself. It's easy once you get used to it. Like you're only as likely to cut yourself with one as you are with Gillette shit.

It seems fitting that this piece of blatant economic stupidity is made by an Italian.

I have the softest skin and the shave is not that perfect and then I go against the grain and little red dots of blood appear.

Over 5,000 US patents hidden by secrecy laws under national security! I knew it, there's things on that work 'on paper' that even a brainlet let me has worked out.

>tfw only using a dry electric razor
It's amazing, costs 20€ at first and then holds 2years easily. Just cutting my beard down to 1-2mm and look fabulous in a matter of minutes.

No shaving foam, no sharpening, no time consuming cleaning. Just remove the hairs and disinfect every week.

I had two holidays in your country. Very beautiful and nice people. Your women are amazing. Wages and also costs are high here. Supposedly I make the money of a CEO by your standards.

>buy safety razor for $35 (ironically made in germany)
>buy set of blades, like 100 for $5 (made in japan)
>pays for itself within the first year
Try not being retarded?
I'm an american girl and I've never been to a salon in my life. Cut my own hair, buy second hand clothes, and still look better than basic bitches.
Of course I have higher standards than that trash, since I'd never date a g*rman. Stop buying second rate goods and then complaining they're garbage.

>I'm an [american] girl
You know what you have to do.

>>buy set of blades, like 100 for $5 (made in japan)
The only Japanese blades I know of are Feathers, and you aren't getting 100 of them for $5 unless you're meeting with the vendor and sucking his winkle.

I have feathers brand, and I forget the exact cost but it was less than pocket change. stop being poor?

>thrifty
>hates g*rmans
Marry me

Monopoly

What if I told you that shaving cream is unnecessary? I've shaved without it my whole life. Try it some time.

I view shaving cream the same way I view fabric softener and 9000 different cleaning products--boomers getting had by marketers.
Baking soda and white vinegar will clean just about anything. I use dish soap for cleaning certain things and baking soda to wash dishes with. I got a bar of fels-naptha for a dollar and it's been my laundry detergent for over a year now.
carpets and vacuum cleaners are also a jewish scam boomers fell hard for. Get a wooden floor and an $8 broom, no need for a vacuum now and the house is actually clean and hygienic. Plus feels good man.
boomers actually got conned into stapling a cheap rug to their floor, buying a $500 vacuum, then buying $15 boxes of bags for it for the rest of their life. Imagine being that retarded. Other retarded boomershit:
>3 different sets of full service chinaware for "different occasions"
>spending 10,000 on a wedding dress
>cars
>televisions and cable packages
>magazines and newspapers
>eating out at shitty diners for ezpz food like scrambled eggs with toast
>timeshares
>hotels (airbnb is superior and a tenth of the price)
>donating to (((charities))) that skim 99% of the income for their own wallets
>feeding african niggers
>lawns
>buyfagging shitty houses that will fall apart in 20 years because they're made out of plywood and chewing gum
>every boomer thinking he's some genius handyman and buying $20,000 worth of tools when, in his lifetime, he does about $200 worth of household repairs
>living in the suburbs and spending $600 a month on a car for the privilege of wasting 4 hours a day in traffic, so the box he sits in to watch television isn't too close to other boxes other people are sitting in to watch television
>having both a landline and a cellphone in current year
>buying a new iProduct every year (my samsung galaxy is 6 years old and works perfectly, not a single scratch on the screen)
>buying 5 different jars of the same grocery store brand spice that they don't know how to use

Awwww you poor thing. Okay fine I will let this argument or whatever it is go and I won't judge people for their razors. ...but I won't often be this kind and reasonable. Do not take this for granted or come to expect it in the future.

get a merkur

Cartridge blades are $10 each because you are a dumb motherfucker and pay goylettes marketing tax for retards.

1-3 blade cartridges are ok for traveling, extra blades do nothing but irritate skin, flag you as a retard and carry more footballer sponsor premium.

Ideally it's nice to have both. Takes half the time because the electric shaver obliterating most the hair and then it's easy to finish with a razor after. I generally clean shave. My facial hair looks like shit. It's all patchy all over. If I had a "beard" it would be like scraggly and shit looking. Like a regular beard would be like Chuck Norris, or Johnny Depp or Liam Kneeson and my beard would be like if you put a homeless person victim of a snuff film next to one of those people.

Leaf cancer, why did they ever give you internet?!

I use the same razor for months no problem...

Oldfag here. My mother bought this big, heavy, metal, blue monstrosity of a vacuum cleaner when I was like six years old. I visited home on for 30th birthday and she STILL had that same vacuum and it still worked just fine.

They aren't, though.
amazon.de/dp/B079H1KH5W/ref=twister_B079H1SZ3J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

200 razor blades for €18.5 = €0.09/blade
1 blade lasts 5-7 shaves or roughly 1 week.
52 weeks in a year.
0.09*52=4.68
€4.68 for one year of razor blades. You call this expensive, you fucking mong?

Ah by the way I "fell" for the safety razor meme during the whole Gilette drama and now that I'm comfortable with it and not getting cuts anymore I'm very very satisfied. It does have a bit of a learning curve for some but I can confirm that it is as cheap and effective as people claimed.

Attached: safety razor.jpg (355x355, 13K)

And so they should. I wonder how long the swissbro has spent sharpening that razor of his.

It is the same as trying to fix up a house yourself Vs getting in a contractor, it is cheaper to get the contractor in to all but those who work in the industry with good expertise.

It is like this, they are not trying to pervert lies for that would lead to the truth, they pervert the truth.

Convenience is king

Planned obselecence is not convenient in any way. They pervert convenience so it no longer is. So that it is convenient at the point of use by way of a bastardised process but inconvenient thereafter. So that that which is good and you aspire to, efficiency, becomes deficient through the only process available to the market by way of monopolisation.

And they even get retards to fight each other over which deficient practice is better as per fucking usual.

Pottery