Self Improvement General - /SIG/

I have been living an unfulfilling life, I'm 23 and havent done anything with my life.
I have a bench warrant thats like 6 years old, a shitty car, live with my parents due to a recent breakup and I work a shitty warehouse job.
And I'm feeling really blackpilled recently due to clown world.
But i cant live like this any more and im hoping some of my bros could lend me some advice and motivation.

I recently started reading:
>thus spake zarathustra
>the holy grail an Arthurian tale
>the holy bible
>12 powers of man

Attached: 1549059693598m.jpg (1024x1024, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=put0hzeiQl4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>warrant
for what?

Failure to appear, skipped town on probation for a low level misdemeanor.
Really stupid and easy to take care of, ill be paying for a lawyer next month so that I dont have to sit in jail for a night or 2.
Hopefully just pay some fines and move on.

responsible
good on you, user

Thanks swede bro

Anyone have San Marzano tomatoes

No...sorry fren

Hello Amerifren
Do you have an Amazon Kindle account?

I always keep a can or two in my cabinet incase I wanna make tomato sauce.

Why don't you learn a new skill? Online Trading Academy maybe?

Check out Meditations by Marcus Aurelius and On the Shortness of Life by Seneca.

Attached: goodlife.jpg (500x375, 52K)

Does anyone have any tricks on how to stay calm during heated conversations? I have a few family members and friends that like to argue/yell regularly and I notice myself feeding off that and acting the same way. I'd prefer to stay calm but its hard to remember in the moment. Someone told me to take several deep breaths when the other person is talking and that will calm my body. It's just hard to remember these things when it's happening.

"The best answer to anger is silence."
This works both ways. If someone is furious with you and speaking illogically the best thing to do is be silent. If you feel anger coming on, then don't express it. Compose yourself and dismiss your anger.

Anger is a useless and weak emotion. It will be exploited by those that wish to do you harm and riled up by those seeking confrontation. Ask yourself: Is this topic of discussion really worth raising my temper over?

When debating someone or speaking about personal matters, never allow your goal to be to garner sympathy or convince someone else. Lay out the facts in a respectful and dignified way and make your goal to present your perspective as concisely and accurately as you can. If the other person resorts to anger and emotion over logic after you've presented your side then seek an end to the conversation.

Try as you may, you will never be able to convince everyone in the world. Leave these people to their ignorance and focus on what you can control.

>Lay out the facts in a respectful and dignified way
This is what I have to keep in mind more than anything. Thanks for the help. Btw, your other post to a different user reminds me I need to check out this book finally.

It's a very good book, although some translations are more difficult to understand than others. Stoic philosophy is a strong foundation for masculine virtue and can be applied in all walks of life. It's served men from the ranks of slaves to the emperor of rome himself.

I think it's best summarized by Aurelius's maxim: "All men die, but not all men die whining"

Very nice to see a /sig/ thread on Jow Forums again. Well OP looks like you're getting the warrant taken care of, but unironically you should consider going to church. Even if you don't believe in everything, I feel like it's a positive experience every service barring you find a religion that suits you well.

Also all the old /sig/ standards apply
>get Jow Forums and lift
>eat a low-carb diet with plenty of protein
>read more philosophy and religious texts
>build up your social life
Check out pic related Happiness graph

Attached: autismdrawings8 - happiness.png (862x799, 21K)

it's all so tiresome

What's wrong?

start going three time a week in the gym. Good I hope jannie faggot are not going to ban the thread

Being tired is better than being a worthless faggot

You are young. Go to Community College for two classes a semester in addition to your job. You will be in good shape by the time your are 30. If you don't like that, get into the trades and make money sooner.

Surprisingly aesthetic.

Thanks for the heads up, ill look at some reviews online for a good translation.

Can second this recommendation for Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. Also if you read anything with a concentrated mind from the bible make it the book of proverbs.

focus on money making by using the powers of your mind AKA increase knowledge and use it to acquire wealth. Practice and study are more important than anything else, knowledge and ability are the only things that can't be pried from your cold dead hands

>>the holy grail an Arthurian tale
Anyone got a good translation of Perceval: the Story of the Grail?

Thought exercises are a thing. Monitor your thoughts and look for patterns. Avoid negative thought with positive spin. Break cycles

This is essential for self awareness but I want to ask, have you bros had any luck with memory exercises?

I'm going to be working long hours with not much free time for the next couple months, I'm trying to construct out a self improvement regimen so I can hammer away on this chit.

youtube.com/watch?v=put0hzeiQl4

Depends on what you're trying to remember

i guess you cant risk your shitty car on a long road trip when you need it to get to work. but maybe consider going somewhere, visiting towns in your area that youve never been to or something.

>thus spake zarathustra
How is it so far? I just bought it recently but haven't started reading yet. Also some general advice for you - don't get distracted by to many mindless things. It's easy to surf the web/youtube/instagram for hours where you could be putting that time towards something more productive. In your case it kind of sounds like you want a better job. Start looking online for some better positions and start applying. I don't buy into the whole "do what you love" but your job that you spend 8 hours at every day should at least be bearable for you.

Idk, I'd like to remember what I read more. Names, dates, mental pictures... I was doing this Kipling exercise for a while, out of one of his stories about a spy where they would lay a bunch of shit on the floor or w/e under a towel or something. They would reveal what was under the blanket for one minute and the person would have to memorize everything he could about all the objects. Over time you really do improve but I never kept up with it. There's got to be different ways to train, more efficient ways as well.

>shitty warehouse job.

sounds like honest physical work to me user...

avoiding fast food, and eating home cooked meals with animal fats will help with depression, dont eat deep fried food regularly...

based dietary fat poster

Other than some repetition, long term memory is nearly out of control. Maybe there's something to ketosis since metabolizing fat is supposed to be better for the brain. Most drugs effect memory though.

yup, you need a bread pill.

when I was a bluepilled 9 year old I remember my mom making me watch a chain email flash animation about getting ready for jesus and the rapture was illustrated by swastikas coming from the sky and killing everyone

funny how a windmill of peace emanating rays of warmth and ommunity can somehow be manipulated by the enemy to scare kids

anywho, if you're really concerned about improving yourself and your situation then buy a gun and start a garden. no point in being Jow Forums if you're not developing skills and capabilities and learning to create and cultivate. a fish shouldn't be out of water, a bird shouldn't be grounded, a man shouldn't be removed from nature

stewardship is citizenship

Attached: starter kit.jpg (600x600, 277K)

Ketosis, at least periodically and under certain individual considerations, absolutely provides a cognitive function boost. Intermittent fasting has helped me as well.

I could think a lot clearer, but you need balanced Omega 3:6 ratios and no refined carbs at all, even whole grains should be discouraged. Alpha Lipoic Acid and Acetal L Carnitine are good not only for cognitive function but really help you absorb test. I don't even do shoulder workouts anymore desu, they just got fucking massive. If you can't afford grass fed red meat or don't want that in your diet those two supplements when combined are really useful bros, no downsides either. Only one reported death and it was from some young girl taking like 20 ALA capsules. You can apparently take it for many consecutive months as well.