Anyone remember when the left were advocates for free speech...

Anyone remember when the left were advocates for free speech? What happened and how much longer will we have the 1st amendment?

Attached: IMG_20190323_075410.png (707x200, 26K)

>fat retard says something
wow shocking

Back around 2015 I shared your concerns about the rise of the authoritarian left. At this point I think the left has committed political suicide, and it's just playing out in slow motion. Trump will win in 2020, and we might even get a rare consecutive Republican presidency if the stars align. Culturally, the left will be receding for at least a decade or two.

Sure, people will have to walk around with lists of mentally disturbed and the way each one prefer to be gendered. Even better, an app updated constantly keeping track with gender fluidity

Calling someone the gender they were not born as is misgendering.
Gender = birth.
Role = assumed.
Gender role = assumed birth = larping

Questioning my fantasies and making me revert back to real life, even for a second, should be a felony. Shitfucker.

Forever. In 5-10 years the left will be cool and edgy again and the right will be trying to censor speech. the power ping-pong goes back and forth forever unless you stop it.

>Anyone remember when the left were advocates for free speech?

Free speech isn't really something that exists or is really cherished by people. Very few actually care whether other are free to do what they want, but only if they themselves are free to do what they want. It is not surprising to hear the politically weak, or the underdog, clamor about their freedom of speech. Being in a disadvantageous situation, it is their freedom that is threatened and in need of a defense. But if this same politically weak faction is then to seize power, then its own freedom to say what it likes will be protected, and they will start to attempt to silence their enemies.

Can people* start angrily calling him an insult to women-kind and tell him to kindly fuck off?

*nobody who uses tw**ter qualifies as a "person" but there's not really a better word that I'm aware of to refer to that kind of scum

You mean when they decided to shit on decorum in academia in the 60s, let the lunatics begin to run the asylums?

That's not free speech. That's seizing power. And we're suffering the consequences right now.

The commies in russia initially opposed war. Then when they Got to power they warred on everyone

This fat, over-privileged POS thinks a misdemeanor is just 'a slap on the wrist.'

Evil asshole.

The thing that weirds me out is that anyone who's against "hate speech" just don't really seem to have a good criteria on what hate speech actually is.

Is it speech that encourages hate? Speech that is hateful towards another? There's so many ways to interpret hatespeech, yet liberals are often fully supportive of putting in anti-hatespeech laws without realizing that it can be turned against them.

Yes, Johnny'll get locked up for saying deport all muslims today. But maybe in a year or a decade, you will get locked up for simply saying how you hate a politician's policies. You won't be able to spew hatred and vitriol to politicians like you do with Trump.

lol, fuck this fat fuck. he needs to be locked up for being a pathetic fat fuck. let him and his channel die ina puddle of his own rendered fat.

Nah, gender simply doesn't exist, it's not a thing, sex is a thing, gender isn't; you see, "gender" was just "genre", as pronounced by Americans.
>what genre of person are they?
A tongue in cheek joke about sex, nothing more, nothing less.
Gender identity is merely the product of Judith Butler having a feeling in 1990, it's not a real thing, it doesn't exist. Seriously, go listen to someone trying to define it, it's just a reskin of the human soul concept.

It won't be turned against them. They control the institutions and have connections to power (while pretending that they're the powerless, and they're speaking truth to power).

Arbitrariness of law is to their benefit.

Anybody remember when this board was? These mods are just oppressive

I hope you're right but my formerly-red state is suddenly blue as fuck and voting for shit the Hugo Chavez would think was a little bonkers

>the left
>advocates for free speech

pick one

I think we should lock up people for being fat abominations too. Maybe everybody with a retarded opinion can make one suggestion. This way we no people feelings will never be hurt again and true justice will be served

It's the Democrats, and in particular the radical progressives who are overtaking the party, who are actually playing the long game. Republicans are blinded by and celebrating detached, discrete micro victories while losing the macro, large-scale game. What you guys see as "going to far" is just going to be the status quo (accepted by the 'conservatives' of that time, or else) in a decade or two.

He needs to be tied up to a large treadmill that runs 24/7 for several weeks, fatty mcfatfuck

I don't think so. That narrative just comes from the fact that nominally progressives are the ones who want to change things at all, while conservatives nominally like things the way they are. The left has certainly had a long trend of victories over the decades, but their shift away from economic justice toward outright hostility to "whiteness" and "maleness" is a massive strategic error. It doesn't take much of a swing in voter preferences to cripple a party for decades. The left is banking on the fact that there will be more minorities in the future, but there will never be enough minorities to make up for alienating the majority if you do it too hard. Also, minorities have men too, and a lot of them are far from what you'd call "progressive", for the simple reason that they're poor and so they have to live in the real world.

I wish I could be that optimistic.

Republicans have been shit since at least Eisenhower's time, if not since Lincoln. Read John Stomer "None Dare Call It Treason".

>if you call a man a man you should go to jail

clown

world