YOU HEAR THAT BIGOTS??? SCIENTISTS SAY STATISTICS ARE BULLSHIT

YOU HEAR THAT BIGOTS??? SCIENTISTS SAY STATISTICS ARE BULLSHIT

archive.is/0eMD0

vox.com/latest-news/2019/3/22/18275913/statistical-significance-p-values-explained

As a mathematics graduate I'm fucking pissed. This is a direct assault upon verifiability levied on the grounds of social sciences producing results that show statistical significance yet are not replicable. That's because social science isn't science, but these (((800 scientists))) are hedging their bets on tearing down statistical significance for real science to keep up the farce that is their cultural marxist based worldviews. Science has become a joke because of these hook nosed parasites.

Attached: (((SCIENCE))).png (1623x1441, 1.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressed_research_in_the_Soviet_Union#Statistics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Fisher
go.nature.com/2HGllfm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuckin magnets

No pict needed.

Based, we can forget about how shitskins migrants cause large spikes in crime rates

>moFor too long
Don't they have a copy working to find mistakes like this?

You could have one leg in boiling water and the other leg frozen in water and statistically youd be at equilibrium.

Welcome to clown world

Where facts are racist and numbers are hateful

science doesnt work on consensus

sounds more like religion to me

They fired them because they're failing.

Attached: editors begone.png (917x234, 32K)

Attached: 2019_03_25_032008.png (1080x2016, 1.24M)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressed_research_in_the_Soviet_Union#Statistics

>vox

Attached: 1363045142206.jpg (416x416, 8K)

HONK HONK STATISTICS BE RAWIST AND SHEET

Attached: 87180950638279658720.png (185x184, 65K)

Another step towards the fall of western civilization.

Your scope of research would probably be each individual leg then chief. You know how temperature works anyway right? That’s why you get evaporation despite not being 100C

They told us it was a fallacy to recognize the slippery slope, but here we are

Statistics are easy to manipulate, and the results of statistics are often times stated incorrectly.

Game companies will quote average time played as the amount the average player plays. Subtle, but completely different metrics.

What's wrong with Vox??? They bring us hard hitting FACTS like how statistics are RACIST and DON'T EXIST

>Study Shows not to listen to Studies
Wat...

I mean I'm a statistics graduate student and I've had several professors discuss this since the replicability crisis extends well into all disciplines (not just MUH SOCIAL SCIENCES) and the p-value is easy enough to manipulate tests and results for. So encouraging either 1) moving away from the p-value as the decision maker, or 2) restructuring how we accept results of studies seems to be the 2 most common responses I've heard. I mean it doesn't matter when everyone is testing at significant levels if they are purposely misconstruing data and results to get to that level, replicability is the main way to keep pharmafags and the lot from ruining our good names.

how convinient, throw out the measurement method for effects vs placebo so you cant even measure if an effect is "real" or not anymore and you can just make shit up as you go along.
"science" is officially done

inb4 a bunch of things arnt real anymore, you can just fuck off

They cannot be manipulated. That is the point. Perception and understanding can be manipulated. But if the statistics stay a hard science we at least have a chance of seeing the truth through digging.

They want to take that away. This is just marxist bullshit of there is no truth.

This says the opposite of what you claim, OP.

“Statistical significance” is how scientists push falsehood as “proven fact”

>replicability

This.

No more 1 in 5 women are raped on college campuses
No more whites use government assistance more than minorities
No more cop vs blacks shooting statistics
No more female discrimination in work place statistics

Are they sure they want to do this?

According to AAAS, there were 5.8 million science and engineering researchers in 2006. 800 is nothing.

this
OP is a troglodyte

>Vox employs 1000 people
Fucking how?

Literally deleting the very idea of truth/reality in order to maintain their worldview.

Attached: 1553176997010.jpg (1242x1241, 217K)

6th semester physics reporting in

GAS THE ARTS FACULTY WAR NOW

Attached: peace is not an option3.jpg (1024x768, 484K)

Another nail in the coffin of the west.

Obviously, statistical significance is a racist, misogynist social construct meant to enforce white male colonist values. As a Nigerian, I would have expected you to be more sensitive to that.

p>0.05 is bullshit though. One person said it and everyone decided to accept it for no good reason. It has been well known to everyone who actually cared enough to look

Sounds like Climate Change Denial to me

>The scientific method has lead science astray
>Science has lead science astray
>lol, who needs proof
>Belief

someone tell andrew yang that math is racist yo

>VOX
get this lib shit out of here

Related

Attached: das rayciss.png (500x761, 139K)

>collecting information for later reference is racist!

Not suprised at all. At this point being a leftist is the same as being a flat Earther

Jesus Christ i can't see the face on that nigger face for the nigger movie Us.

Attached: 1539671520054.jpg (631x476, 70K)

Attached: taxing air.png (1024x1024, 1.07M)

~13%X=+50%Y

>800
Not a very big number. Why the fuck do people write stupid headlines like this? The headline should be talking about why statistical significance is bullshit, not scientists SAYING statistical significance is bullshit.

>not replicable
That's a fucking myth. Social sciences are highly replicable. (((Social Sciences) aren't. True research of human tendencies is possible despite the fact that it is corrupted today.

>ITT: scientifically illiterate retards
They're specifically talking about the t-test significance threshold alpha, which is usually 0.05 for most studies. It's mostly arbitrary and it makes sense to discuss what it actually means and what it doesn't, since many scientists use it without really understanding why or even when it's allowed.

Lol that headline is b.s.

Statistic woo is a problem but stats in general is not a problem. Just like Physics has physics woo woo quantums and black nigger holes which divide by zero.

>Believing a Vox article will have any impact whatsoever on fucking anything on the planet

I spoke with an old friend from school yesterday. She said that I have to accept that some people are not as smart as me and be happy that I am. Its ok that philosophy or other social science borderline retards spend only 4-6 hours a week for uni.
She literally has an attention span of 1 minute.
Like all of them.
You have to understand that those (((people))) are legit stuipid and some 120IQ fags go there to satisfy their need to feel genious. Those become profs.

That is why they need to get the results presented. "I heard that scientists say" or "I red that book and it said" or "my prof said" or "scientists agree" is THE argument to be correct. Its because they are incapable of understanding any elaboration, they dont even get the concept of an elaboration or a logical chain.

>Here is A
>It actually means B

Is this peak onions journalism?

>t. I red a popular science journal once in my life

Attached: cat15.jpg (520x506, 192K)

What a shock this is coming right after the entire field of psychology and other social sciences were revealed to be built on hoaxes and fraud with unverifiable studies.

In a way this is better. Cast off the pseudoscience trappings of these fields and reveal them for what they are, Jewish gaslighting.

Didn’t read but I’m guessing it’s 800 social scientists, they HATE not getting any citations followed by having their results not reproduced lmao.

Statistically speaking the errors present represent less than 0.05.

>Vox
Who gives a fuck about what a Vox article has to say?

Attached: 1519423704321.jpg (649x611, 58K)

I'm not going to dwell on the subject too long, but statistics absolutely can be manipulated. Many scientists have been paid or pressured into manipulating statistics. The simplest way is by rerolling your random sample until you get one you like. Let's say your random sample has 100 items, 30 of them have undesirable traits, you can then discard the samples until you get one that has less undesirable traits.

1) Appeal to authority

Just because they are scientists you believe everything they claim? Scientists have never been wrong *eyeroll*. In science, it's what you can prove with facts, not a dumb survey of their consensus. Where are these scientists from? How many were surveyed?

If a million scientists were surveyed and only 800 agreed with something on a survey, we should take that as fact or something? Bullshit. 800 scientists from North Korea and Cuba? We should take that as facts right? Bullshit.

800 scientists say we should hang niggers and jews. We should do it right? Never question it? Leftists would scream racism and ignore the survey. But if something they like from the survey..hurr durr but da scientists believe this, we should do it..

Fuck off.

I wonder why they want to destroy statistics?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Fisher

>Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher FRS[3] (17 February 1890 – 29 July 1962) was a British statistician and geneticist. For his work in statistics, he has been described as "a genius who almost single-handedly created the foundations for modern statistical science"

>Fisher held strong views on race. Throughout his life, he was a prominent supporter of eugenics, an interest which led to his work on statistics and genetics.[8] Notably, he was a dissenting voice in UNESCO's statement The Race Question, insisting on racial differences.[9]

Modern science is not the pursue of truth, is just a tool to disseminate the liberal ideology. At the 30's (((they))) realized the only logical outcome of science is Nazism.

If scientists told you to jump off a bridge to strengthen your spine, would you do it?
>t. Retard shill who thinks he can outbrain a Literal board of autists

But statistical significance doesn't let us twist the imprecision of our temperature recordings into a climate doomsday prediction.

WHY ARE YOU A CLIMATECAUST DENIER

>800 (((scientists)))
Wow, that’s a lot!

"Well, maybe OP is just a faggot and is trying to make it look like click bait."
>reads article
So much deflection from the real issues. Science has been completely jewed.

Attached: expanding brain communism.png (545x767, 483K)

this. the standard values for statistical significance were chosen arbitrarily. P-hacking is endemic particularly when it comes to corporate and government statistics

Gonna check your rare flag.

(((vox)))

Wow first objectivity was disproven objectivley

And now science is disproving data science.

Its really true when they say science is evolving exponentially

As a Physicist I am appalled, but not surprised.

What are the backgrounds of these 800 scientists? Dietary Science?

>the layman doesn't understand how p values work
>science needs to abandon it
No. Fucking idiots need to stop telling us how to do our jobs.

t. pharma bro

Same with Galton and Pearson.

> We must learn to embrace uncertainty. One practical way to do so is to rename confidence intervals as ‘compatibility intervals’ and interpret them in a way that avoids overconfidence.

Literally the tranny scientific method.

go.nature.com/2HGllfm

They have been warping and controlling science to serve their interests for over a hundred years.

0.00000008% of the population die in mass shootings, stats don’t tell a good story.

~6%=+50%
Ftfy

This is good. It will cause more division between the goyim.

>800 scientists

There 100,000s of scientists wordwide
Also didn’t read the article what kind of “scientists” are these 800?

100% of jews need to die

> by Valentin Amrhein, Sander Greenland, Blake McShane

> Me on the right

> *chirp*

Attached: Prof. Dr. Valentin Amrhein index.jpg (400x400, 102K)

This is a good comment. I was a scientist and when talking to people about anything political I had to remember to be conservative in my speech. People wanted my take on climate and other geology related topics. What they wanted to do was take my casual remarks and copy them. So that they could say "Well a scientist I talked to said x". People don't want to learn. They just want to feel secure in knowing that someone else is doing the work and they can fuck around with whatever they want.

>Researchers can never completely rule out the null (just like jurors are not firsthand witnesses to a crime).
Is it just me or is this a fucking retarded analogy?

Brainlets itt.

The standard for statistical significance is arbitrarily set to 95% confidence (p=0.05) intervals

This means that data reported is 95% certain to have an average value within the reported range of you were to replicate the study. The problem is people are improperly applying this 95% standard drawing improper conclusions or they are fixing thier data so that it fits within the 95% threshold.

The lack of general understanding of statistical modeling by the general population makes that data manipulation or erroneous analysis generally accepted.

This is scientists trying to fix the study and analysis of statistics so that it is more difficult to falsify or make mistaken inferences.

This is literally Stem trying to stop Studies disciplines from abusing stats for their own BS.

Saw this and thought the same things user. Social science isn’t a science in the way we mean it to be. Social science is a measure of effectiveness of propaganda. Not of sociology because sociology assumes organic social field. Not a heavily media-fed population with all the levels of subtly to implant mental viruses.

Pic related. Propaganda.

Attached: 4A38C7BF-7670-4FA9-98F4-0964F10B7C11.jpg (704x1024, 169K)

The point may be that at .05 , one out of 20 bullshit statistical findings is deemed statistically significant even though it’s bullshit. While this may be fine in the scientific community, the ideologues and advocates will latch onto the outlier and discard the 19 similar studies that prove otherwise.

>Jow Forums will soon support post modernist ideas because they realized that science is used by (((them))) to maintain oppression.
Wouldn't really surprise me since the right has just started copying the bullshit tactics of the left with all of the identitarianism and outrage culture.

Sounds like lying to me. Guess we should throw everything out because there is a way to cheat the truth

worse then that they use the outliers to generate more statistically irrelevant studies and continues following desired outliers until 70+% of studies are non reproducible and statistical false positives.

No

I am a research assistant and can confirm that many people (students mostly) do not fully understand statistical significance, but the reason is ALWAYS that it is not intuitive, and significance values can be discussed. A significance value of 5% is just a rule of thumb, not something to blindly follow.
These '800' scientists are surely in the minority if they think statistical significance is useless. It's basically the backbone of modern particle physics.

Sounds to me like (((they))) want niggers to be viewed as equals, even when reality proves otherwise.

Attached: IQreality.jpg (580x381, 35K)

Of course physicists tend to apply stats properly they are high level mathematicians.

The problem is stats are used by every discipline and the less math savvy disciplines abuse the everloving fuck out of statistical significance either from ignorance, malice or both.

I don't know enough about that stuff but it's true that a lot of the methods used in "science" now are horseshit.

They should then provide empirical evidence that this would improve scientific objectivity instead of bloating the (((scientific community))) with low IQ, successfully programmed, no SAT necessary subhumans. The article talks about science culture. There is no science culture. It’s a crab in a bucket race for tax payer funded money bags from NSF and other government led grant fund pools. They talk about the layman definition of p value but to any trained scientist, the scientist understands what a p value is. Also it has a ticking Wikipedia page. They don’t need to do away with significance. They need to shill the Wikipedia page harder.

Attached: CC27F701-B509-45B3-9ED2-390DDD47F3BC.jpg (1024x1024, 210K)

So you are saying that my country is equal to yours if statistics don't matter

Attached: 119.jpg (300x100, 11K)

I mean basically

A single source will almost always show bias or negligence. Look at global warming/climate change, or insect populations. But then again, you run into consortiums where any study that runs contrary to the generally approved political stance will be black listed. So really, the best way to proceed is to access the raw data and do your own analysis or be in a place where data is used to create policy, and ask for multiple sources and have them vetted in house.

The prophecy of Saint Joseph foretold of the dark age we are about to enter. It will be a primitive world of superstition and libertinism and the most unholy abominations inspired by hell itself. We have not seen anything yet.

Attached: 345645645634564356354.png (500x263, 67K)

Why did you edit the "e" out of Jews?

800 scientists are not statistically significant.

>high level wizards, detaching math from reality

If a single source will always be biased, then research is always being done because of money and not truth.

then why does the number of scientists matter?

#allniggers
The sheboons commit crime as well, the foremost of which is begetting more niggers.