How the fuck are scientific papers funded by tax money behind a fucking paywall? Fuck Springer...

How the fuck are scientific papers funded by tax money behind a fucking paywall? Fuck Springer, fuck Article 13 and fuck EU! Knowledge should be free! No homo.

Attached: 20190327_190750.jpg (2448x2420, 3.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
youtube.com/watch?v=WBmbYoPjVHo
sci-hub.se/
gowers.wordpress.com/2017/07/27/another-journal-flips/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

haha you been trying to get that paper on nigger genes?

I have Scihub but with Article 13 in place I'm sure they will try to ban the shit out of it.

look for the browser extension called unpaywall it searches for open-source versions of studies that have been published, you might not find free versions all the time but there are quite a lot available

Tax money funds about 5% of science.

I never understand wtf you're eating

Stew guy again. Cool.

You took this picture with your phone. That's a disgusting meal. Your life is sad.

Attached: IMG_20190323_215152545.jpg (4096x3072, 2.92M)

>I have Scihub but with Article 13 in place I'm sure they will try to ban the shit out of it.
What? You don't have $35 dollars to rent a paper for 24 hours?
HAHAHAHA
Poorfag!

any PhD anons want to start a journal for controversial science?

>implying actual scientists who work in academia have $35 spare bucks laying around ever

>>implying actual scientists who work in academia have $35 spare bucks laying around ever
They do. It's called funding from university

So (((they))) can profit. When you want to read a paper, just email the author. They will gladly send you the paper for free. Because they are not the ones profiting from paywalls.
t.scientist

>It's called funding from university
You fund paywalled articles of your own god damn science with more tax money!
You pay to make science and read science! Everybody pays except for gatekeepers keeping knowledge locked! In Science you are FORCED to publish your shit in "top journals".

my advisor once told me to withdraw and spend my 401k money b/c it's so far away. scientists aren't good at money shit

H-hey um user, can I ask you for a favour? Come join this Jow Forums Discord server please, it's a really good server I promise! It would really make my day if you did... so join using this link right now:
discord
=|+|=|12|=|+|=
.gg/vvftDyy

Attached: join degeneracy akarin 12.png (320x360, 219K)

Why Can't I report that shit?
Google Captcha doesn't show up in report window.

All trolling aside, yeah its fucking shit
I'm happy scihub exists and I hope article 13 turns out to be an ineffective piece of shit legislation

>picture of sludge
this stuff looks like its horrible but might be good if i try it, what is it?

Attached: 1551315679493.jpg (640x480, 54K)

>Knowledge should be free!
nothing should be free

dw

Attached: file.png (410x294, 27K)

You can mail the author of the paper and they'll send you a free copy 99% of the time.
No author gets anything from springer or similar sites with a paywall.

Its chicken kidney soup or something similar
Disgusting goo that makes any non-Slav retch

idk I'd be curious to try for once

This
Also, part of the beauty of being in academia is that you have free access to all of the knowledge.
The moment you leave the academic bubble, boom... it all costs a lot of money.
Which independent researcher has the money for a £100 book? Or the time to read it?
Academics don’t get paid a shitload, but they have perks coming out the ass

No onions and eggs today, polski?

>How the fuck are scientific papers funded by tax money behind a fucking paywall?
In general, public money spend on "research" is a grant given to companies. These companies are then allowed to use this grant to develop intellectual property. It's absolutely absurd but if you question any of this you're "anti-science." Anti-science from the left because muh research (they're the faggots doing the """""""science"""""""), and anti-science from the right because muh intellectual """""""property""""""".

im slav and im retching. absolutely disgusting unless you are hungover

a few years ago some one in russia redistributed a metric shit ton of scientific papers for free. they set up a server and didnt charge for them and lots of people downloaded gigs worth and a few research groups downloaded terrabytes worth and 1 guy allegedly was able to download the entire server worth of content

you need to learn how to cook, bro.
your food always looks like vomit

I literally thought the same thing. Looks like partially digested food mixed with cheap liquor and vomited into a bowl.

>idk I'd be curious to try for once
You guys eat frogs and snails, no shit!

looks don't matter
never tried either

starting to think op doesn't even know what hes eating

checked

How come you never eat any solid food OP? Why is it always this gross slop? Still on that Soviet diet of imitation gruel?

Attached: 278427_original.jpg (1200x900, 331K)

libgen.io

You're welcome OP. Saved me thousands.

Knowledge IS free.
The methods by which knowledge is delivered, sadly are not.
Commies had it all wrong; we don't need to seize the means of PRODUCTION, we need to seize the means of DISTRIBUTION.

Looks like egg drop ramen
t. poor & lazy

Outline.com works for some paywall sites.

Good luck.

Police will take you away for downloading books and articles now that Article 13 is active
No attention will be given to Iraqi rapists for obvious reasons such as sexual emergencies, white responsibility for slavery etcetera

Thanks for telling agents browsing Jow Forums RETARD! Keep your fucking protips for IRC.

youtube.com/watch?v=WBmbYoPjVHo

I'd love to see you cook a Cheeseburger, I know you can pull it off, I just want to see how you would make a cheeseburger. PLZ DO IT POLSKI.

they killed that Aaron Swartz over this and then installed that bugman Steve Huffman in his stead

Attached: aaron.jpg (1000x581, 198K)

>jewish parents
is he a great example for #notalljews or what

>aaron swartz
An heroed, didnt get killed

I refuse to eat bread you know.
What else can I use to keep everything together?
How about cabbage leaves?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (933x700, 86K)

the only thing that CAN be free is knowledge.

Fuck dude
You greasy slob reduce your fat intake

>An heroed, didnt get killed
if you actually believe that then I have a bridge in Australia to sell you

Attached: 1530808097069.jpg (550x527, 151K)

>I refuse to eat bread
but you'll eat noodles?

Attached: 1552716058396.gif (446x232, 843K)

>reduce your fat intake
Your life is a lie.
fat > sugar

thank god for sci-hub

>fat > sugar
Protein>fat>sugar

user but you know that Polish universities have a deal with Springer so that you get open access to every Springer article AND you can publish open access with no fee? Movement towards open access is really progressing. It's going in the right direction, don't worry.

checked, based shitty food user.

not even that, the university pays subscription fees for most sites where papers were published.

>for most sites where papers were published.
Sometimes this isnt the case though

In a picture It's probably my most favorite food ever, if I ever got to choose anything I wanted.

Do you have any articles on Penile Vibratory Stimulation?

Attached: viberect2.jpg (800x450, 100K)

The German isn't giving out anything for free motherfucker. My Uni pays a LOT of tax money for that.

sci-hub.se/

Attached: 1f6a36b51fdd11520c81c9d9c71f70b0.jpg (600x597, 48K)

Literally steal everything. Capitalism is immoral. Sci-hub is your friend. Fuck the police.

Everything should be free. Kill yourself.

just email the authors

scientists don't actually get any money from the publishers and are always very happy to send out a pdf of their work

just get the name of the scientist from the abstract

Try jstor

Checked and correct. You even get free infinite internet2 bandwidth, but only if you say all the right things to keep your low-pay job at the tax-cheat communist indoctrination center.

not the guy you responded to, but thanks for the tip.

Anybody who doesn't already have it all on his university-funded website is a dumbass. I mean that so as to say that women are pure evil.

Yeah, they tried to imprison Aaron Scwaertrzz for a ridiculous amount of time for making information free. There's some Kazakhstani girl who made a paper pierate website that has pretty much any paper, I forgot what it was called tho

I don't have a clue either. They have all these *depositories*, *thesaurus*, libraries and shit, yet they're behind a paywall. Nigga you expect me to pay 14€ for a 15 page article? The worst of all is once you find a free version it's 95% citations of similar work by authors who in turn cited similar work and so on, till you get to the actually original work that's free for download anyways.

When I was still writing articles and shit for my phd thesis whenever I saw work hidden behind a paywall I'd just copy it with 0 fucking permission, run it through a cyrillic translator, then back to latin. never once got a hit from any anti-plagiarism software and my shitty musings were published in EU, Canada and USA

looks good

>Knowledge should be free!
But user think of muh scientists and muh inventors and muh researchers! You don't want THEM to be out of a job do you? That's why we must defend """intellectual property""".

You can even get their patent applications from the patent office. Obviously there's going to be some sort of processing fee involved, but usually they'll want to host them for free as part as their academic street cred.

Paying for papers comes from funding actual printing presses to publish them, and also posh vacations at exotic resorts that try to pretend it's just scientists presenting things (other than cocks) to each other.

>nothing should be free

Attached: elsevierpost.png (763x1200, 136K)

Go to a college library.

and in fact, nothing is

if you email the author they'll almost certainly give you it for free

i will not be releasing details on a working fusion reactor until after global warming has killed off billions of shitskins

Attached: 1520529886658.gif (640x360, 1.71M)

The university press won't even print it if it doesn't fit the narrative that the Jews pay for.

dude tell me about it
>be PhD student working on grant proposal at home
>need to look at some reference paper from 60 years ago (no exageration)
>ACS wants to charge me like $39.99 to fucking view it
>TFW when no copyright lasts that wrong so this shit is public domain
>TFW it was funded by public funds
>TFW it's literally been cited 2000 times and should be considered public knowledge
fuck these kikes

Attached: angry pepe.jpg (596x590, 54K)

lasts that long
>fml i'm too tired

It's not your job to to run the proposal farm. That's your PI's job. He gets paid for doing nothing other than deciding you can have a PhD, too.

Your job is to write a thesis on time.

my boss is pretty busy desu
we've got like 6 papers that are actively under review and she's pretty swamped with shit related to making sure they get published so we can all become famous

it's also useful to get experience dealing with the cancer that is the US government since I want to pull a Merkel and become a politician after writing my thesis on some random statistical mechanical bullshit

fuck ignore the desu, idk how that got typed lmao

>Fuck Springer, fuck Article 13 and fuck EU!
And also and most of all FUCK JANNIES

>flaki
>911
checked and based polak

Attached: 1518382629104.jpg (641x905, 128K)

Stupid fuck

Only if you want to spend your life doing the same bullshit your boss is not doing because he's too busy doing other bullshit.

It's his problem if you don't graduate on time, so make him do his fuckin job. Everything else is falling for a scam.

Yeah, the paper cartel needs to be killed off. Having to pay to get your publicly funded paper published behind a paywall is kikery of the highest order.
Universities should be obligated to give public access to all publicly funded papers produced by it.

Well, papers that matter in fields that matter (maths, physics, CS and probably some others) are made freely available online as soon as they are written, months or even years before they're published in journals.

But yes, fuck Springer, fuck Elsevier and fuck the rest of them, can't argue with that. This is why we should stir up more shit like this: gowers.wordpress.com/2017/07/27/another-journal-flips/amp/ . To cite the beginning:

>There is widespread (even if not universal) agreement that something is deeply wrong with the current system of academic publishing. The basic point, which has been made innumerable times by innumerable people, is that the really hard parts — the writing of papers, and the peer review and selection of the ones to publish — are done voluntarily by academics, and modern technology makes things like typesetting and dissemination extremely cheap. And yet publishers are making more money than ever before.

H-hey um user, can I ask you for a favour? Come join this Jow Forums Discord server please, it's a really good server I promise! It would really make my day if you did... so join using this link right now:
discord
=|+|=|4|=|+|=
.gg/vvftDyy

Attached: join degeneracy akarin 4.png (320x360, 219K)

wow just read about aaron .. never heard of the kid. what a hero. God bless him.

i don't buy that he killed himself either.

I won't forget him.

He turned against the tribe, so he's sleeping with the fishes, capishe?

>not knowing about flaki
even me as a kraut I've embraced it
top tier manly based food

Attached: 1521371090374.gif (200x182, 1.04M)

(good) fat > protein > nothing else really
carbs are cancer
Polak is right
bread, noodles, rice, too deep fried
go full keto my bois

Attached: 1521398003307.jpg (1200x1200, 114K)

What perks? Having access to some journals, not even the popular science types of magazines, isn’t that big of a perk. What else? A free gym on campus so you can work out with a bunch of undergrads? Being regularly beaten down by a bullshit advisor? Working on a project that literally doesn’t matter to society at all?

just use scihub

I quite liked using multiple 10gb uplinks to packet people and NSA money to build super computers that I used to crack root hashes, and only ever being asked if there was a problem because I was running an IRC bounce on one of the machines.