Why did the white man hunt the jackalope to extinction when he first settled north America?

Why did the white man hunt the jackalope to extinction when he first settled north America?

Attached: a7ef719da3ecc47408430941d8d8d90f.jpg (323x500, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolpertinger
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>why is the pale kike a pale kike
Dunno, med power tho

Attached: 8550005564_b79308999f_o.jpg (525x630, 41K)

The horned prairie rabbit was a delicacy.
There are still some in my neck of the woods if you want to risk capturing one...
The Emu War was bad, but nobody wants to admit the casualties of the Jackalope Conflict.

Wtf is that thing

because they were delicious

We hunted ours to extinction. It was the last time that the natives fought alongside us. They say they did all the work but if we never gave them guns they wouldn't have done shit desu senpai.

Honk.

Attached: buggysr.jpg (217x300, 23K)

I'm not sure about Canada but down in Texas, Oklahoma and parts of Kansas (basically anywhere along the cattle drive trails) they were hunted because their antlers would pierce the undersides of cattle. They didn't generally injure the cow (but some did pierce pregnant heifers and kill the calves) but the pricks would cause the cow to get riled up. A lot of stampedes were caused by jackalopes accidentally pricking longhorns so they were hunted to help prevent them. It's why surviving populations are further west and virtually none are near the Mississippi river.

I've seen one before

They're not really extinct, some small populations are doing fairly well in captivity. I am not sure about wild populations in their natural habitats, they may never have recovered properly from human encroachment. They are extremely skittish and respond badly to, e.g., traffic.

I feel like I always show up at the worst part of the day.

wtf i want one

They never existed you fktards

yes they did

"Jackalopes" are just rabbits with a viral infection causing growths that sometimes resemble antlers.

Because they look cool

retard populations die off

they didnt just disappear overnight? interbreeding with "snipes" and other closely related species caused them to slowly fade away.

Unfucking believable. Try learning about our country you uneducated swine.

The snipe population of Florida is booming recently. I bagged three on my last hunt. Broke my snipe stick on the last one, could only fit three of the critters in my bag.

Hopefully the booming snipe population makes it easy for the jackolopes in Florida breed and spread around.

Jokes on you leaf, my uncle had one for years before it got loose and ran innawoods.

because they were pagans

I lost my uncle to a pack of snipe. Don't joke around like that.

Says the jew

>horned prairie rabbit
Poor little things didn't have a chance....

leaf poster
opinion discarded

Best thread on Jow Forums right now tbqh.

You’ve never heard of a jackalope, it’s an folk story when people started colonizing west of the Mississippi

fur trade and meat

First of all they weren't native to America, but introduced from Europe by south German settlers. But they just didn't do as well as exotic game in the north American climate. In Bavaria they're called Wolpertinger, in Austria Raurakl.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolpertinger

Attached: bock.jpg (357x500, 33K)

This.

They were extremely aggressive and capable of taking down a full grown man.

because they are disgusting hpv bags that were going to die anyway