Legalizing marijuana

How can anybody promote mental illness? Is it ignorance or pure indifference that make people willingly ingest a plant that induces madness?

Fun fact: the CB1 receptor that is responsible for the feeling of being high also emulates schizophrenia.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4034083/
>Cannabinoid intoxication can provoke toxic psychoses or symptoms similar to the positive symptoms of schizophrenia
>cannabis seems to provoke an amotivational syndrome similar to the negative symptoms of schizophrenia
>In humans, mounting evidence shows that CB1 receptor densities are altered in schizophrenia

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3138655/
>Our finding of increased CB1R binding in paranoid SCZ could reflect a greater involvement of the endocannabinoid system in the DLPFC in this subtype of patients with SCZ as may be suggested by their more marked positive thought disorders and delusional symptoms.

Attached: 1548363766494 (1).png (800x600, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104335/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2424288/
drugabuse.gov/news-events/nida-notes/2016/09/regular-marijuana-use-associated-differences-in-brain-gray-matter-connectivity
nytimes.com/2019/01/17/health/cannabis-marijuana-schizophrenia.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104335/
>We provide evidence that regular cannabis use is associated with gray matter volume reduction in the medial temporal cortex, temporal pole, parahippocampal gyrus, insula, and orbitofrontal cortex; these regions are rich in cannabinoid CB1 receptors and functionally associated with motivational, emotional, and affective processing.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2424288/
>The strongest evidence that cannabis use is a contributory cause of schizophrenia comes from longitudinal studies of large representative samples of the population who have been followed over time to see if cannabis users are at higher risk of developing schizophrenia.
>15-year prospective investigation of cannabis use and schizophrenia in 50,465 Swedish conscripts. The study found that those who had tried cannabis by age 18 were 2.4 times more likely to be diagnosed with schizophrenia than those who had not 16 and the risk of this diagnosis increased with the frequency of cannabis use.
>27-year follow-up of the Swedish cohort that also found a dose-response relationship between frequency of cannabis use at baseline and risk of schizophrenia during the follow-up. The relationship between cannabis use and schizophrenia persisted when the authors statistically controlled for the effects of other drug use and other potential confounding factors, including a history of psychiatric symptoms at baseline.
>supported in a three-year longitudinal study of the relationship between self-reported cannabis use and psychosis in a community sample of 4,848 people in the Netherlands
>These findings have been replicated in one German and two New Zealand cohort studies.

Attached: 1548363821140 (1).jpg (900x500, 79K)

drugabuse.gov/news-events/nida-notes/2016/09/regular-marijuana-use-associated-differences-in-brain-gray-matter-connectivity
>A NIDA-funded brain imaging study has shown that regular users of marijuana have less gray matter than nonusers of the drugin the orbitofrontal cortex (OFC), a brain region that contributes to impulse control, decision-making, and learning.Such a deficit could make it more difficult to change counterproductive behaviors, including drug use.

Attached: 1548363972187 (1).jpg (363x450, 108K)

Meanwhile in Germany, Cannabis has been completely legalized as a medication, for ~60 illnesses. If you find the right doctor and have the right disease, you can get up to 100g per month for free. Yes, for free, it's all covered by health insurance companies. Also, Amazon is looking forward to sell it. Get fucked, OP.

t. defender of mental illness

Attached: 1548363889095 (1).jpg (480x493, 35K)

Duuuuuuddddeee!
Reefer Madness, man!
Woah, cowabunga!

Attached: 1546306875033.jpg (240x240, 15K)

Schizophrenia is still better than this clown world

Attached: 1546718470151.jpg (593x593, 125K)

Catnip, cats willingly seek it.
Cannabis, humans willingly seek it.

Yeah sure weed is not beneficial, but i smoke every evening while working full time. It has no real impact on my work performance.

t. shrunken brain man

Attached: 1550918318068.jpg (500x752, 199K)

Have you considered that flipping burgers i not a real job

Someone has to flip the burgers Bjorn

Shut up, boomer

Bottom line, if you're not already predisposed towards mental illness, you're very, very unlikely to develop psychosis from smoking cannabis. As for the gray matter volume reduction, alcohol does the same thing when used at a young age. The question becomes how significant is the reduction? There are many intelligent people that use cannabis, PHD level. And then there are retards that use it. Does that mean you should smoke nonstop everyday? No. Just like you shouldn't drink all day, every day.
nytimes.com/2019/01/17/health/cannabis-marijuana-schizophrenia.html

You wouldn't happen to have a French flag, would you?

Attached: 1531169084480.png (500x482, 269K)

Lots of people are still enslaved by the narcotic jew and make excuses.

Daily Reminder: This germ is that syringe junkie retard who joins every anti-junkie thread to proclaim that all drugs should be legal.

Which is worse, organized crime or legalized drugs?

Attached: 1535791045113.jpg (1360x1340, 198K)

>hurrr lemme compare actual medicine that helps me with pain and other shit with weed, smok weed goy, it's medicine! trust me it cured my depression!
kys junk
>hurrr beer is druuuuug
You have to be such a huge faggot to be able to get addicted to alcohol, bs point
>cawfee is a drug man!
Imagine being a wageslave lmaooooooooooooooo

Alcohol is actually really addictive.

You probably just can't afford more than one drink at a time, spic.

Attached: 1535293638289.gif (250x333, 2.2M)

Im not gonna bother trying to explain you, that anysort of drug abuse will devastate human body.
Drug use will lead to crime, or are you one of those "New Green Dealers" who thinks that taxpayers should pay for degenerate junkies fix and later pay for the the meds to keep them alive during overdoses.
I bet your one of dose methheads living in trailer park.

Weed unironically ruined my social life and my career chances.

Dude, like, you guys like. Need to like, chill out, like, man, like. Seriously dudes.

Attached: 1545614030523.jpg (630x630, 61K)

I do, the problem with the alcohol addiction is that people want to show off to their friends or that sexy cumdump, so they drink more than they can, breaking their previous limit and setting a new one, and this is where the addiction starts to develop, the more limits you break the more you actually need alcohol. Really, being addicted to alcohol is reserved to retarded people who wanted to show off and got royally fucked for life

So which one is worse?

this shit thread again...

Two uncles of mine (both dead unfortunately but from unassociated causes) developed Schizophrenia. This is because they smoked skunk, and took LSD. I think the two compounded each other and increased their risk exponentially. I suspect it could have been the LSD, because that is a drug with a long-lasting effect which can cause you to develop psychosis. The skunk no doubt contributed a lot though, as I think they were regular users.

It does make me wonder if I’m quite predisposed as well, because when I’ve smoked hash the ‘hangover’ next day effect is occasionally one of disassociation from reality, and paranoia. Sometimes it’s lasted on a low level for more than a week after smoking it. So I mainly avoid it now. I think most people who smoke it don’t have these kinds of effects.

But anyone who smokes even semi-regularly before they’re 20 is basically fucking their long-term cognitive development. Just don’t do it. If you do, make it very occasional. It can have some interesting and fun effects if you try writing while high. It’s an enjoyable experience and can help with insight. It’s as though when I’ve had it, every thought appears to be a revelation. Whether or not everything is a revelation is doubtful, but it can help you cut through a fog sometimes.

Still, I would not recommend it on the basis that if you have an addictive personality you could get heavily involved in it, if it ticks the right boxes. So best to avoid.

>long-term cognitive development
This is happening to anyone who isn't actively using their brain.

Legalizing drugs will ruin lives, families, communities, morals, countries securities, induce crime from junkies needing junk money. (read about San Francisco after the hippy movement and how it was crime ridden because junkies were addicted and when they couldnt get the fix they trashed the city and assaulted/murdered people for money).
Organized crime is ILLEGAL as it should be and i believe, that all sort of drug mules should be locked up for life for ruining other peoples lives.

Inb4: lol i dont really care, you just jelly you aint high as me.....weeed lmao...

Take of that fucking meme flag, i bet you're the UK/Irish poster

The fuck, alcohol has a higher addiction rate than weed.

legalizing drugs will improve lives, promote personal discipline and responsibility, morals and unite families. It will reduce crime from junkies not needing money and eradicate organized crime.

I don't care if you want to inject paint thinner in your balls, I'm not gonna stop ya.

USA stands for U gun S weed A and burger

Based and Oxycodoned.

Based and Oxycodoned.
You will, if you gotta pay for it.

Niggers like this need to quit the bud and take the psilocybin microdose pill

Weed is for niggers and faggots. Grow up and do cocaine like an adult

Attached: clinton-jfk.jpg (608x342, 33K)

If someone wants to ruin their life with weed they should be allowed to do it. As long as they are being retarded on their own time with their own money I dont care what happens to them.

Attached: ayToneOnline.jpg (377x325, 29K)

lmao at niggers who think nicotine isn't equivalent to taking a short hit of amphetamine every couple hours. Caffeine seems more negligible, but can't imagine it doesn't have a similar effect.

>every fag on PSN has ‘420’ in his ID
Why are gamers such degenerates?

Weed is hip and cool.
All the rich basketballers on TV are smoking it, why cant i be cool?

You're retarded nigger.
>healthier alternative to opioids
>prohibition never works... just ask gangsters in the 20s
>billions and billions spent on war on drugs that made zero progress
>no deaths ever recorded from usage

Yeah a handful of people with family history of schizophrenia will have it become active after usage but that's where self-control comes into play. Don't fucking consume it if you have a family history of mental illness and don't make a daily habit of it.

check my trips nigga. by your logic, alcohol and tobacco should be illegal as well because they've done infinitely more damage to lives than marijuana has. all you have to check is the death rates. Usage of any drug requires moderation, whether it be heroin, marijuana or caffeine. If retards want to smoke weed all day and become lazy as fuck, then fuck em. Shouldn't restrict the freedom of those who just want to take a few hits after work to chill out instead of cracking open a beer and possibly entering into a life of addiction that'll end in liver failure and death.

this

Which illnesses do I need to have? Asking for a friend.

>smoking weed

Enjoy your cognitive impairment.

Attached: 1528269358340.gif (469x375, 3.97M)

2 brothers
Both took LSD
1 has schizophrenia
But that 1 was an evil Bastard way before the development

if it weren't for weed, i never would have taken the JQ seriously enough to research it for myself. now im blackpilled beyond belief but it's ok because I'm never sober :D

Attached: 420 burn maribunga.jpg (235x214, 11K)

being too retarded to know this is only a problem with consuming pure thc. Not smoking actual marijuana which has CBD in it. CBD completely counteracts the psycho-activity of weed and CBD dominant or heavy strains completely block it lmfao.

youre just another dumb fuck with half the story and misinformation. CNN reporter probably

t. mentally damaged freedom lover

Attached: 1545288822450.jpg (612x428, 97K)