When the Israelites were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the sabbath day...

>When the Israelites were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the sabbath day. Those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses, Aaron, and to the whole congregation. They put him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. 35Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him outside the camp.” The whole congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death, just as the Lord had commanded Moses.

so this is the same God that is all love and forgiveness later in the book?

Attached: theyscared.jpg (700x394, 52K)

how do you know those words mean the same as what they meant thousands of years ago? Think about word meaning of the "gay", "stonewalling", "rioting", etc..

so he turns from ordering genocides and torturekilling peeps for picking up firewood to talking about turning the other cheek and nobody bats an eyelid huh

Lol. Thanks for this info on abrahamism.

Fuck zionists kikes

Sounds totalitarian desu

dude, God tells the Israelites to wipe out entire populations in the book of Joshua, you think "kill everyone but the young girls" meant something else in ancient times?

I'll admit I have no knowledge on historical translation or linguistics. Can anybody tell me what "the man shall be put to death" means? I'm not familiar with the nuances of this particular text. I wouldn't want to misinterpret it.

sure. think about courageous lads(ies) of modern times. Maybe thats how they kill boys - by circumcision. turning them into something that is not a boy since they are missing something that boy has naturally.

>"the man shall be put to death" means
it's a translation of something else. In other words you're at the mercy of messenger who is herding lost souls. In other words if you read this bullshit you're signaling that you're lost. You're a zombie.

Are you Jewish by any chance

Who knows precisely. Hell, sticks couldve referred to ba'al worshippers for all we know.
God didn't truly understand man until he became one

what part of the old testament is this from btw? so i can see it for myself?

Numbers 15:32–15:36

He said to be meek and forgiving not to the kikes, but to the goyim
Kikes are still ok to kill steal and so on
This is the essence of (((abrahamic religions))), enjoy

which book?

loving and forgiving is some mystic buddhist bs
Thats why the OT is the OG man

the book of Numbers, you idiot

G-d was forging his holy people in the old testament. He lead them into the promised land
and annoited a king to rule over his chosen people.
He was weeding out the bad seeds.

Numbers 15

Have you read the Bible at all? God's as loving as He is wrathful. Jesus turned tables and started whipping people at the temple because He saw it full of money changers. God struck dead several people in Acts because of dishonesty. Have you read the Second Coming narrative? Jesus will come with a robe dipped in blood, striking down the nations and ruling over them with an iron rod. I don't remember the exact context for your quote, but I do remember that it was after multiple attempts at mutiny from the Jews, so God was getting tired of their shit. God is a loving God, but He is also a powerful God. They don't call it "God-fearing" for nothing.

the sticks belong to god.

oh, the Numeri book, i am an idiot

Jews love genocide so why not kill just one guy randomly?

>Therefore it shall be, when the LORD thy God hath given thee rest from all thine enemies round about, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it, that thou shalt blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven; thou shalt not forget.
>that thou shalt blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven;
God commanding them to exterminate the Amalekites.

You're talking bollocks mate. The translations aren't perfect, but the meaning of the words is preserved. OT is liberally littered with shit like this, you'd have to be off your fucking rocker to swallow that crap.

The Hebrew is 'yū·maṯ' and it means, 'put to death' or killed/executed if you prefer. There is absolutely no doubt about this particular translation.

right, found it, it's basically the same as the English version, you forgot to mention an important thing Andrzej, he was collecting sticks on saturday, and working on saturday was forbidden, hence why they killed him, while death is too heavy of a punishment i think, they didn't kill simple because he was collecting sticks

*didn't kill him simply because he was collecting sticks

was "gathering sticks" a reference to him engaging in faggotry?

Moses makes sure the virgins slaves will be there:

(Numbers 31:13-31:18)

>Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

“Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Then God helps him with the accounting:

(Numbers 31:25 - 31:40)

>The Lord said to Moses, "You and Eleazar the priest and the family heads of the community are to count all the people and animals that were captured. Divide the spoils equally between the soldiers who took part in the battle and the rest of the community. From the soldiers who fought in the battle, set apart as tribute for the Lord one out of every five hundred, whether people, cattle, donkeys or sheep. Take this tribute from their half share and give it to Eleazar the priest as the Lord’s part. From the Israelites’ half, select one out of every fifty, whether people, cattle, donkeys, sheep or other animals. Give them to the Levites, who are responsible for the care of the Lord’s tabernacle.” So Moses and Eleazar the priest did as the Lord commanded Moses.

The plunder remaining from the spoils that the soldiers took was 675,000 sheep, 72,000 cattle, 61,000 donkeys and 32,000 women who had never slept with a man.

The half share of those who fought in the battle was:

337,500 sheep, of which the tribute for the Lord was 675;

36,000 cattle, of which the tribute for the Lord was 72;

30,500 donkeys, of which the tribute for the Lord was 61;

16,000 people, of whom the tribute for the Lord was 32.

Attached: tabletman.jpg (360x270, 21K)

Yes, I feel sure he would have made a faggot out of the sticks if he had lived long enough.

Attached: 5145950368.jpg (499x499, 111K)

Why isn't the NT like this?

You're not looking at two books - OT and NT - you're looking at 66 different books in total with many different authors. If you want to know why a particular collection of books has a particular theme, you need to look into the nature and motives of the people who chose which books to include within it.

It could be 150 books for all it matters. It's still dipshit for the most part.

Read revelation and acts. Why do people base their opinions on not actually reading anything?

Different God.
Hint: demiurge

The whole "killing all the men and taking the women and girls" thing was standard tribal warfare of the day. You attack a tribe that gives you trouble, and you destroy them so that they can't come back for you later.

The only real notable thing here is the strict 'no boys who will grow up into potential enemy combatants' and 'no roasties' rules.

There is a principle in the Bible whenever something happens for the first time God acts in a way to show how serious his attitude about the thing is. That why we have him killing the guy that spilled his seed, the sabbath guy, Aaron's two sons that offered the wrong incense, ect.

So theyre in hell now?

Top kek. Good religion mate.

How would I know where they are?

Its because the man was a jew

But that wrong, he was speaking to a group of Jews when he gave the sermon on the mount.

Sabbath day is the 14th day of the month, meaning it's the full moon day. You Christians and also many Jews have been wronged to believe that it is 7th arithmetic day of the week.

It's the same God of Apocalypse, who will throw us all in the lake of fire and suffer.

Literal faggotry

Abrahamic religions are codified mental illness. Judaism is the worst, followed by Islam, with Christianity last

Kek is going to rip Yahweh’s balls off and feed them to him.

>3 edgy posts in a row
Unironically have sex

yes it is. As a matter of fact, that's right in Matthew- in fact; putting close attention you will find out THE SHOCKING fact christians make ZERO references (at least they avoid them) to the old testament, except for psalm and proverbs.

>not realizing the duality littered throughout the entire bible, and dual meaning in many of its teachings
>not realizing the entire bible is full of parables, and symbolic meaning. even subliminal ones,
>not relating such intricate parables, symbolism, & duality to humanity & oneself
if you actually read the bible and tried to learn its philosophical teachings, references, and nuances instead of trying to refute the bible all the time you might actually learn something from it, whether that be spiritual, literal, philosophical, or otherwise.
>fucking brainlet

Attached: 1553551983222.png (210x240, 6K)

no thanks bro, I only have sex ironically

Attached: 1491227904828.jpg (300x168, 9K)

>Are you saying God does exist or does not exist?

If they prevent you from working at any point in time in any way hypothetically nefarious force is unopposed

You should probably show this verses to your catholic polish friends.
Would they turn atheists after? From one cult to another...

Ah yes some fool who does not understand why the covenant of death existed . Here another one cry some more .

Leviticus 24:10-23 English Standard Version (ESV)
Punishment for Blasphemy

10 Now an Israelite woman's son, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the people of Israel. And the Israelite woman's son and a man of Israel fought in the camp, 11 and the Israelite woman's son blasphemed the Name, and cursed. Then they brought him to Moses. His mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan. 12 And they put him in custody, till the will of the Lord should be clear to them.

>13 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 14 “Bring out of the camp the one who cursed, and let all who heard him lay their hands on his head, and let all the congregation stone him. 15 And speak to the people of Israel, saying, Whoever curses his God shall bear his sin. 16 Whoever blasphemes the name of the Lord shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall stone him. The sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.

An Eye for an Eye

Pay attention you might learn something

Matthew 5
>38Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. 41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

The OT warfare and rules were a lot stricter because the Jews were just getting out of bondage from Egypt. They were surrounded by enemies most of the whole book.

You guys think the OT God is too mean for you? He told Abraham if you can find me 5 good people in sodom and Gomorrah I will spare the city, he couldn't so it got nuked

In acts the same happens . The wages of sin is death . It might just be that God puts you as a example . Sucks to be you

>1But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 2And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. 3But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. 5And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. 6And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

>God is a bipolar genocidal psychopath

>"Yeah, he hurts me, but he does it because he loves me."

Humanity is a battered wife.

shit i feel like god just commanded me to make this
the idea just came out
is this the true origin of memes?

Attached: 15537727652202.jpg (700x886, 356K)

Because it was written by Christians hundreds of years after Jesus's death from cherry-picked stories. The Bible is not 2,000 years old folks.

Was the stick gatherer some stinky hippie pagan?
Based God telling Moshe to stone them

Marcionites were right about the old testament being a tired burden.

the OT is literally just God fucking a bunch of sandniggers up. have you ever read it?

Great answer, God bless you brother

They are dead and then judged by you who blasphemed hundreds of times....

Bless thee and your meme user

Could start a whole thread about cancer from the bible