American Healthcare System

>I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but our hospital's contract with your health insurance provider has just expired and they have failed to renew it, which means we can no longer accept your current insurance plan.

How is this considered acceptable?

Attached: Doctor-e1513233390738-600x350.jpg (600x350, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AcxEHT0rR4E
theguardian.com/technology/2019/mar/27/facebook-white-nationalism-hate-speech-ban
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No one is required to work for you for free, faggot.

Best Healthcare system in the world!

Let's hear all of the well thought out criticism from the under-26 ancaps still on mummy's health insurance

That healthcare system is selfish, individualist and monetary, a jewish system by definition.

What was healthcare like in the past before insurance?

>Ok, thanks for the heads up doctor, I'll find a hospital that accepts them and continue receiving quality service.

Nobody ever claimed that. We have the best doctors and medical research, but China is coming up quickly on us

I just told my hospital to fuck off for a $3,000 bill from a CT scan. Medicare rate is $347 (meaning the hospital accepts $347 from Medicare for that procedure, but charges over $3k to someone with insurance). I didn’t have coverage at the time due to switching jobs. They offered a 30% discount which dropped the bill to $2200. I explained to the lady that when I don’t pay, and they sell the debt to collections at 25-40% ($550-880), I ignore the debt collector until they give me a 50% discount to $1100. Based on new credit reporting laws, paid medical debt has to be removed on your credit report, and that’s if they report at all (they usually don’t unless you don’t respond after 3 months).

I have a house and car and am not moving for the foreseeable future. My credit is near perfect and I could give a fuck if there’s anything on it now.

The hospital said they can’t accept cash at the Medicare reimbursement rate, so I said send it to collections because I’ll end up with a larger discount there and no impact on my credit.

Fucking U S to the A bitches.

It was fine before the FDA, AMA, and CMS fucked it up. There's a documentary on the Mayo Clinic I watched recently and basically they were making so much money that they could provide services for free for poor people without government subsidies

We didn’t have access to fried food, isolated fructose, or high sodium diets so seeing your doctor was saved for tuberculosis. Insurance not available. Not like now where a doctor is a must for anyone over 50.

>Have government insurance because poor
>Two plans to choose
>One that half of my state's doctors doesn't accept
>Other basically covers only doctor's visits and stuff he orders(i.e. prescriptions, lab orders)
>Doesn't cover most emergency room stuff
>Have to continuously change plans every year because awful state keeps trying to save money and put me on plan that isn't accepted by half of doctors.
>Hear people screech for government to control medical insurance.
>Want to put them in the hospital with their worthless Medicaid and Medicare

Here's a good one: after you were anesthetized one of the doctors that came into your surgery, you never met them, was under contract with the hospital but not with your insurance company. So you owe $6k for their services. No user, why should insurance cover that, you heard is say they were out of network?

>tfw I work at a hospital so the hosptial would literally have to close for me to lose health care
I had to go to the ER a few months back. Spent a night in observation on oxygen. They have yet to charge me for it. When they finally get around to billing me it will only be $150 copay at most.

Do what the Germans and Canadians do:

1. EVERYONE pays a tax to cover basic care - think bronze plan. Doing this would actually be cheaper than your current insurance payments.
2. Private third party insurance companies still exist to provide additional coverage, access to better doctors, and line jumping for basic services.

This way everyone is covered for basic procedures, the cost of emergency, life-saving procedures goes down, and in the end everyone pays less for healthcare. Doctors still get the same high pay, since an overwhelming majority of the profits insurance companies collect go to the C suite and NOT staff or R&D. If we switched to this style of system everyone but the very top of the health insurance food chain would keep the same pay.

Our healthcare is fucking stupid.

That's alright doctor. Do you accept debit card?

OH SAY CAN YOU SEEEE

Attached: 8j7rndutggn11.jpg (1936x1936, 258K)

you got sick
>not gonna make it

Attached: jefferson.jpg (1920x1200, 217K)

Something like a CT scan could for sure be done somewhere outside a hospital, like some smaller dedicated medical place, for cash, for a lot cheaper.

Yeah, just did a search locally. As low as $144.

Attached: A67731F7-DB9B-4FBE-8FCF-029187206969.jpg (828x1107, 178K)

Because 300 million hypochondriacs and shitskins are bloating medical costs to high heaven and big pharma is obliging them. Also Obamacare

Attached: BE4B26C4-4A9B-48F1-BDB5-70ED41913607.jpg (1024x1006, 94K)

Funny video about it the "healthcare"
youtube.com/watch?v=AcxEHT0rR4E
This shit goes places, same with facebook and then this KEK
theguardian.com/technology/2019/mar/27/facebook-white-nationalism-hate-speech-ban
Curious who guides that shit? HAHAHHAHAHAHAH
Like clock work

Also fuck the HIV infested faggots, but this shit is insane.

>best doctors
Sure thing buddy, sure thing

Spend less money in stupid wars faggot

Can someone explain how everything related to healthcare is so overpriced in bugerland?

>Tories fuck up NHS for shekels
>Tories: "O-oh no! Looks like the NHS might die soon :))))"
It's worse here, OP.

Come to europe. Doctors and nurses are paid breadcrumbs , work vacations and nights, have huge responsibility, and have patients that have tax evaded and insurance avoided for decades call em inconsiderable. Having saved thousands of people, one tiny mistake under pressure can lead to someone dying. What a life

Thank you for your service

> hypochondriacs

REEEEEEE kick these leechers out

Attached: unnamed_1553787307132.jpg (900x900, 53K)

Thanks, pajeet bro.
At last, a thanks.
Much appreciated.

>you need to pay for services

what's the problem?