What does /pop think of Keto diet?

Attached: IMG_3224.jpg (600x315, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glucuronolactone
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19246357
researchgate.net/publication/7096307_Ketogenic_low-carbohydrate_diets_have_no_metabolic_advantage_over_nonketogenic_low-carbohydrate_diets
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27385608
youtube.com/watch?v=0CEaH3zWlhY&list=PLE4C338731610C8C2&index=3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>stop drinking soda
>lose weight
that's really about it.

>stop eating sugar and things that metabolize into sugar
>lose weight

Wow, such a crazy fucking concept

Our ancestors consumed carbohydrates. If you eat nothing but protein and fat, you'll eventually suffer from adrenal fatigue. Just because you can put your body into survival mode and use ketones for energy doesn't mean you should. Flooding your body with sugar isn't good for your pancreas so why should flooding your body with ketones be good for you?

Also, if you don't produce or consume enough glucose, you won't get this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glucuronolactone

Eating a diet low in anti-nutrients and high in organ meats is more important than being low-carb.

Keto works but I never see people stick with it long but they lose a lot of weight

A real blackpill is seeing almost no one has long term success with changing their diet

So based and boinkpilled basically?

Yeah I sort of agree but I don't understand why it's hard to simply not eat fruity pebbles, danishes and doughnuts

boinkpilled drinks soda.

It made my resting heart rate high even though I consumed and supplemented my nutrients, vitamins and electrolytes. Also even at a caloric deficit I wasn't dropping more than water weight, even when I introduced 16 and 18 hour fasts. So right now I'm just eating what I want and going to the gym everyday and it seems to be working better. Sure I gained 5 or 7 pounds in a month, but I'm noticeably more muscular too. Might start cutting after this week.

the final redpill about food is eating local

Keto works and it is totally fine to cycle on and off of keto. Intermittent fasting, true fasting and moderation are actions that are rewarded by God and the greatest of all diets.

my ancestors ate mostly raw meat, which has some carbs, but very little. i am very insulin sensitive as a result. it makes sense for me, but not for everyone.

disagree, my mother has been on keto for two years now. My best friend has a goal body, does keto in the winter and spring and lifts every day.

Diets work, undiciplined faggots do not work.

There's no reason to supplement nutrients if your diet isn't substandard trash.

the idea is to get 25% to 10% of your calories from carbs which is hard to do if you are used to over 50% more like 70% of your calories coming from carbs....

fat stores twice as much energy as carbs and protein. fat holds more oxygen. fat is superior, it is the precursor to hormones. your brain is made of cholesterol and other lipids, not so much sugar up there although yes sugar is like gasoline or a currency, it is a unit of short term energy storage.

btw you mentioning adrenal fatigue from cutting carbs is ABHORRENT
Adrenal Fatigue can be caused by stress/ptsd, corticosteroids, xenoestrogens and xenoprogesterone, xenocortisols (sterols) but to say that CUTTING CARBS will fuck over your adrenal glands is the most bullshit thing I've ever heard.

Start taking some iodine cut your carbs down try to eat high fat meals yes over 50g of protein a day is bad for your LIVER AND KIDNEYS YOU FUCKING MORON

its smart phones and other shit that is causing adrenal fatigue. basically we all have PTSD from modern society whether you know it or not

I agree that organ meats are important but I really just don't like that you are associating adrenal fatigue with low sugar diets, as I have never heard about this. Sorry I am over-reacting I just don't believe that low sugar causes adrenal fatigue unless due to the unending stress of craving sugar, heh

intermittent fasting is what you're missing. OMAD also works, you must allow your insulin to drop.

I bet you don't even eat organ meats. Have fun with dark circles under your eyes, dipshit.

It fucking works. Been on it for 2 years. Lost 20kg and keeping them off.
Basically eliminate all meme foods.

What carbs did our ancestors consume? Fruits? Not available the whole year in most places.
Bread, pasta, potatoes have only become a thing in the last 1000 years.

There are 4,000 species of potatoes. If you think humans invented them all, that's OK, you're just retarded.

Intermittent fasting + low-carb is probably the dumbest idea I've ever heard. You're going to end up like Shawn Baker with low-T.

bread is at least 15,000 years old.

Attached: bread.png (700x3287, 331K)

yea actually I'm severely iron deficient anyway from Crohn's disease, I really should eat organ meat but I still haven't tried it
I re-read your post and realized that I misinterpreted you. You were saying only fat and protein is bad for you, well, yes of course.
anyway my point is that adrenal fatigue happens for a thousand other reasons before muh carbs

I eat everything Raw
>3 oysters and 3 eggs for breakfast
>beef, steaks or ground, with raw butter, sometimes caviar or honey
>Liver, kindeys, brain, bone marrow, blood
>sometimes I'll have fruit from one of my trees
I even buy goats and slaughter them myself.
This diet truly opened my third eye

You can disagree all you want the statistics show your two anecdotes are meaningless in the grand scheme of things

Low-carb diets often produce hypothyroidism for a number of reasons. You can look up the mechanisms in your free time if you want. Essentially, "paleo" diets fail to produce adequate insulin.

Iodine is important for thyroid health but so are carbs.

Who cares about different potatoes. They only got I produced to Europe about 400 years ago.

wow, I was really off with that one. Still, humans have been hunter gatherers for hundreds of thousands of years. Which means that they were constantly in ketosis.

based and vonderplanitz-pilled

This OP, don't listen to the carbslaves in this thread. I was never obese, only a bit chubby. I lost 30 pounds on keto easy in a very short time (4-5 weeks). Sure, most of it was water weight. I would never have managed to do it on any fad diet with loads of carbs in it.

I'm pretty lean now and satisfied with my weight loss, but I still follow a modified keto strictly because it enhances my performance (especially mental) and it's very good for maintenance as it's very hard to gain weight on low-carb diets. Look up the effect keto has on blood sugars in comparison to eating (((carbs))). Also, the biggest redpill is knowing carb is the macronutrient jew. Carbs are literal cancer. (especially sugary/fructose which is what killed vegan Steve Jobs)

Back when I used to eat carbs, yes even "complex" and "healthy" carbs such as oats, I would have brain fog, feel tired and crap after each meal. Also, I would literally have to eat every 3 hour in order to not crash because my blood sugar levels would spike and then drop. On a fat/protein diet with low carbs (keto essentially) I never have to worry about eating. I can go for days without feeling hunger or the effects on mental clarity. Feels good having control of your own life and not be dependent on (((carbs))).

this and also stop eating bread with fucking everything but that's mostly a eastern european problem

That isn't true.

I just eat some seaweed lmao

Just eat healthier, eat less, and excercise. It's called the "I'm not a fucking moron" diet and is the most proven method.

You don't need insulin if you don't consume carbs, duh

>Sure, most of it was water weight.
mostly in your malnourished brain

just like you don't need vitamin c lol

the problem with you paleofags is most of you don't even eat what paleolithic people ate. You think cavemen just stripped off the flesh on the outside and let everything else rot. No, they ate raw meat, naturally high in vitamin C.

Ive had great results with it.I lost 80 lbs and felt great.I dont you have to eat keto but eating lower carbs and increasing fat will benefit you alot

K

>eat fewer nutrients to be healthier
t. moron

I eat a lot of bread, pasta, rice, and I've lost over 60 lbs. From 200 -> 138. All you need to do is limit calorie intake. THAT'S ALL. It does not matter what you eat!!! Eat 1200 calories worth of candy bars if you want. Calories are calories.

if you use Cold Thermogenesis with keto you will do much better. Also keto is not a thing you do permanently just for a few months at a time... your exposure to sunlight is the most important thing then your protection from artificial lighting mostly LED and Non-Native Electro-Magnetic Fields. Up your oily ocean fish like sardiens in oil , salmon, salmon roe.

>doughnuts

Nigger there is a difference between macro and micro nutrients. If you're a fat-ass you need to eat less macros, probably less carbs and fat. But if you are eating stir-fried vegetables and beef instead of a hamburger and fries, you are going to get more micro nutrients.

a lot of the paleo fags are little girls in disguise. They recoil at the thought of drinking an egg, or eating a placenta. Going off the deep end as far as eating animal products is the only way to truly reclaim your health

I did keto along with IF(20 hour fast) for about 5 or 6 months a few years back when I was losing weight. Dropped like 70lbs in that time and felt bretty gud. Had a cheat day every two weeks where I went off the rails with carbs tho. But now I like fruit too much to go keto.
Eating what you like is the better road to a successful diet and healthy lifestyle than forcing yourself to follow a certain fad tho, so do you.

>you are going to get more micro nutrients.
there are more nutrients in vegetables than meat

Attached: Picture 092.gif (499x281, 1.15M)

It's suitable for people who have carb intolerance...

I.e. people who are exhibiting symptoms of T2 diabetes / insulin resistance / hyperinsulinemia / metabolic syndrome.

For everyone else, probably just eliminating the processed carbs is enough. e.g. sugar, bread, rice, pasta, potatoes.

shit
>there are more nutrients in vegetables than meat

Let me guess, you're a vegan? Go listen to (((Dr. Greger))), faggot.

You don't need carbs in your life unless you're a high-intense bodybuilder or some kind of top athlete.

Have fun spiking your blood sugars with the cheapest garbage fuel you can get and dying of cancer 20-30 years from now. Your body will never repair/starve it's own damaged (cancer) cells because a lack of ketosis.

Attached: 15912571592.png (601x565, 692K)

Did all-meat diet for year. Shockingly expensive. But I did lose weight and feel good.

you know what. I'm a retard who can't read. forgive me I beg of you!!!

Keto 100% works but i've never stuck with it more than 3 months. The last few years I've done it March-April-May to lose some weight before summer. The downside is that I can't drink beer (vodka club intake skyrockets) and you'll lose some strength/energy in the gym. In 5'10'' 195 lbs Athletic build/ lift 4 times a week. I can get down to 180 in about 6 weeks with little effort on Keto.

There are different nutrients, they're filling with less calories, and you eat it with meat. if you are railing against the idea of a balanced, generally healthy diet, you are beyond salvation.

>vegetables
>having bioavailable micro-nutrients
>having any nutrients at all

Processed grain is the only healthy grain there is.

Yeah I'm a vegan who eats raw meat WTF LOL

Get your bloodwork done before and if your cholesterol is high then its not for you

I'm convinced changing workout routines helps circumvent this. You need to 'shock' your body into alertness every now and then, keep muscle memory from getting retarded. People grow complacent and too relaxed nowadays, and it's absolutely by design. Even while I was gaining I was disgusted at how my mind fought improvement at every turn.

Learning new useful / enjoyable skills is important too. The brain, gut and muscles all need equal amounts of attention, often at once.

>processed carbs
>rice
>potatoes
k how do you think those grow?

>start day with whey protein shake and 2 cans of tuna
>2 salads for lunch and a protein bar
>dinner is usually chicken or red meat
>take a shit ton of supplements as well
Who here /brownpisspilled/

yeah I didn't read that you said Stir Fry WITH MEAT.
> balanced
meme term used by radical centrists
>generally healthy
only animal products are generally healthy.
>different nutrients,
not really much of anything. modern man made vegetables are nutritionally devoid

Great way to discover for yourself how much worthless shit you eat.

>1200 calories of candy bars
I mean you could but you'd also be missing out on other vital nutrients not to mention 6 KitKat chunky bars aren't very filling.

Great diet that actually works, the overabundance of carbs truly is the cancer of the modern world.

Just eat tons of vegetables, drink water, do some basic bodyweight training along with it, be careful of body acidity. That's it. Also this is for losing weight, reducing carbs in general is a great thing, but keto is for weight loss and nothing else.

lmao, you might need a break from Jow Forums

It's OK if you're a child with drug resistant epilepsy. As a fad diet it's retarded. How to lose weight was figured out a long time ago, reduce your calorie intake. That's the entire point of food calories, yet delusional fatties will try anything but that.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19246357
>Comparison of weight-loss diets with different compositions of fat, protein, and carbohydrates.
>CONCLUSIONS: Reduced-calorie diets result in clinically meaningful weight loss regardless of which macronutrients they emphasize.
researchgate.net/publication/7096307_Ketogenic_low-carbohydrate_diets_have_no_metabolic_advantage_over_nonketogenic_low-carbohydrate_diets
>Ketogenic low-carbohydrate diets have no metabolic advantage over nonketogenic low-carbohydrate diets
>KLC and NLC diets were equally effective in reducing body weight and insulin resistance, but the KLC diet was associated with several adverse metabolic and emotional effects. The use of ketogenic diets for weight loss is not warranted.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27385608
>Energy expenditure and body composition changes after an isocaloric ketogenic diet in overweight and obese men.
>The carbohydrate-insulin model of obesity posits that habitual consumption of a high-carbohydrate diet sequesters fat within adipose tissue because of hyperinsulinemia and results in adaptive suppression of energy expenditure (EE). Therefore, isocaloric exchange of dietary carbohydrate for fat is predicted to result in increased EE, increased fat oxidation, and loss of body fat. In contrast, a more conventional view that "a calorie is a calorie" predicts that isocaloric variations in dietary carbohydrate and fat will have no physiologically important effects on EE or body fat.
>CONCLUSION: The isocaloric KD was not accompanied by increased body fat loss but was associated with relatively small increases in EE that were near the limits of detection with the use of state-of-the-art technology.

Attached: 1548885717535.jpg (498x573, 49K)

>2 cans of tuna everyday
Enjoy that mercury poisoning my mans.

isolated protein with low-fat meal high in heavy metals... check

crunchy indigestible leaves and more isolated protein... check

EVEN MORE low-fat protein and some cooked red meat... check

supplements your body doesn't even absorb because you lack multiple nutrients you should be getting in your regular diet... check

excellent diet, dumb fuck

I'm on it right now and it's pretty effective but you have to be extremely careful of even accidentally consuming *any* carbs. Also, works best with intermittent fasting, so basically start skipping breakfast then eventually lunch. Also don't eat too much protein, the Keto diet is at least 80% fats. One ideal Keto food is avacados so start sucking those down. Good luck and god speed.

Attached: 1517984660859.jpg (1010x1515, 202K)

>t.

Also, why are you shilling for carbs then, retard?
You're seriously not telling me you're eating raw meat AND carbs? LMAO, what a fucking boon

Attached: 1546002008078.jpg (443x332, 12K)

Can you explain why my piss is brown

The majority of Keto weight loss is because carbs help retain water.
So you're effectively just water fasting.

Long term keto shows muscle loss and testosterone drop.
You literally need carbs to function as a normal healthy human.

Low-carb Keto can be extremely helpful for a lot of people, it keeps blood sugar down, still allowing carbs in your diet.
No one should follow meme diets for extreme time restraints.

supplements are dangerous
youtube.com/watch?v=0CEaH3zWlhY&list=PLE4C338731610C8C2&index=3

Holy shit your vehemence makes me think you're a kike

Gay

you have AIDS

Humans have been eating meat and carbs for hundreds of thousands of years. Even in Nordic countries. Research coprolites.

This thread us retarded. Just eat whatever you want and lift. The more you think about shit to avoid eating the more time you waste and the higher your likelyhood of missing important nutrients. If you are garbage you will choose to eat garbage and remain garbage and there is nothing going to change that so why bother dieting?

carbs from animal products and some fruits are good in moderation. They are there to put on weight for the winter. Only a retarded animal would ignore them in nature

>Meme diet BTFO
>o-ok, but you're probably a jew
lol

How can you miss any nutrients if you eat liver? You probably eat skinless chicken breasts and broccoli lmao

While you are correct. With keto I find it easy to cut calories as once you're nicely into ketosis, and drinking broth daily to avoid keto flu, you just don't get hungry anymore.
Like I'll have the sensation of my stomach being empty, but with none of the usual hunger cravings or urgency.
Makes it easy and painless to dramatically cut calories.
Plus, once off sugar, everything else starts tasting better.

>Just eat tons of vegetables
No

>strawman
I don't ignore carbs. I just go under 20 gram a day.

cringe. no one ate carbs here before agriculture.

Inuit?

Yeah, those folks really shouldn't be eating carbs. It just wrecks all the far-north NA tribes.

>PEOPLE INVENTED POTATOES AND GRAINS
>THEY DIDN'T EXIST 100 YEARS AGO

Pros:
>lost a bunch of weight
>feel better and less bloated
>sleep better and wake up regularly
>usually not hungry

Cons:
>some days are harder than others regarding physical activity
>restricts social life a bit
>the few first days are shit
>your cum is replaced by xenomorph blood. I love blowjobs and I can't do that to my gf

sami, basically the same thing. eating carbs fucks my shit up.

I don't even read cringe tier copypastas exactly because they usually derive from your JIDF folder, faggot

Or did you actually take the time to write all that for my thread redditor?

your organs are suffering from your "paleo" diet

What kind of broth?

You honestly think that someone of European descents ancestors had access to Potatoes before anyone discovered the new world?