California overturns hi-cap magazine ban

nraila.org/articles/20190329/breaking-federal-court-finds-california-magazine-ban-violates-the-second-amendment
>In one of the strongest judicial statements in favor of the Second Amendment to date, Judge Roger T. Benitez of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California determined on Friday that California’s ban on commonly possessed firearm magazines violates the Second Amendment.
Start looking for salt this is creating and post it here.

Attached: 48D5EE50-5F0F-428C-BC9E-0AE6A8AF5DBA.jpg (576x1024, 83K)

Califaggots BTFO!

too bad I lost all my guns in boating accident

The Cali Jow Forumsamandos finally catch a break. I wonder if the state will have the balls to take it to the Supreme Court.

>not losing them in a boobytrapped house explosion

Attached: 1541884518339.gif (350x193, 3.01M)

will this apply to Jew York's faggotry eventually?

Someone in a Jow Forums thread said before it was deleted the another judge upheld a magazine ban. It sounds like it's headed to the SC, and I have a very good feeling.

The 3rd circuit recently upheld an identical ban. It used the standard of "intermediate" scrutiny to justify it's decision (using preventing mass shootings as the government's interest). They argued since there wasn't a class of guns being banned that there was no infringement on the second, as per the Heller decision (they also argued that class was so big that handguns were a class).

The case that is in OP, used, the judge applied a test found in Heller. The test is: is it in common use, is it for lawful purpose, is it for lawful purpose in common use. The magazine passed all three parts and the judge then argued that under heightened scrutiny, it would be infringement of the common and lawful uses to restrict ownership of magazines with a capacity over 10.

In addition to the differences in the rulings there are:
>Scrutiny level differences
>The use of a Supreme Court test
>How broad are the categories of firearms
>What is a prevailing government interest (can they claim extreme examples).

I guarantee everyone from california reading this post right now is cheering

Attached: 1525572630180.gif (800x600, 900K)

i have a misdemeanor dui for marijuana from 8 years ago and can never own a firearm my whole life. im pretty much bane

nope, I've bought many guns with a misdemeanor DUI in california

Just wait guys. After RBG is revealed to be dead and a new SCOTUS justice is appointed NFA will be gone. Why do you think Supreme Court passed on looking into the bumpstock ban? Because it's not time yet...but soon it will be.

Attached: 1553051283424.png (1200x823, 399K)

BUY MAGS NOW

Huh? You background check get rejected?

Attached: 6A04EC124D3944F09F2550A23B91891C.jpg (640x734, 243K)

Attached: 1552881458283.jpg (445x609, 83K)

Go to court and get that shit expunged. I know a guy who did a 10yr stint in the clink and got his rights back.

If it isnt a domestic violence or felony charge, you can purchase a firearm.

why does The NFA matter?

Go look up the NFA first faggot, don't ask stupid questions.

Why doesn't it matter?

Full autos, short barreled rifles, and suppressors would be free and clear.

Well people of color me suprised!

I will spoon feed it to you. The NFA is the big grand daddy of all gun control in the US. Without that, the only thing left will be the GCA (the FFL system) and the Brady bill (background check system).

Without the GCA also everything would be legal unless banned by state law (and it would set a strong precedent against state laws banning things arbitrarily).

Can someone explain this. Asking for a friend.

Also without the GCA, if a gun was banned in your own state, you could just go to another state and buy it, thus making gun control impossible to enforce.

>i have a misdemeanor dui for marijuana from 8 years ago and can never own a firearm my whole life
>I've bought many guns with a misdemeanor DUI in california
Marijuana is a federally illegal drug than will permaban you from guns in any state