What does it mean to be a Christian?

What does it mean to be a Christian?

Attached: Christ in the Desert.jpg (1711x1500, 597K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JhqGgPSxm9w&list=PLIpO3BUiq2IFdX50i-DIb6-posLJL7NEz&index=2&t=0s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it means believing in a loving god when all evidence (including the bible itself) points to the contrary

sage

attempting to control one's unrelenting rage against the evil of gentiles as to not be worse than they are

It means good is good and bad is bad, and try to be decent to people.

Attached: 1534956248510.png (1280x720, 758K)

To spread the other cheek

literally nothing. every response to this question is based on nothing.

To turn both cheeks and take it up in the ass.

Christianity is cuckoldry.

Knowledge of God.

youtube.com/watch?v=JhqGgPSxm9w&list=PLIpO3BUiq2IFdX50i-DIb6-posLJL7NEz&index=2&t=0s

Charles Spurgeon, in his morning sermon of January 7, 1855, began with these words:

It has been said that ‘the proper study of mankind is man.’ I will not oppose the idea, but I believe it is equally true that the proper study of God’s elect is God; the proper study of a Christian is the Godhead. The highest science, the loftiest speculation, the mightiest philosophy, which can ever engage the attention of a child of God, is the name, the nature, the person, the work, the doings, and the existence of the great God whom he calls his Father. There is something exceedingly improving to the mind in a contemplation of the Divinity. It is a subject so vast, that all our thoughts are lost in its immensity; so deep, that our pride is drowned in its infinity. . . . No subject of contemplation will tend more to humble the mind, than thoughts of God. . . . But while the subject humbles the mind, it also expands it. He who often thinks of God, will have a larger mind than the man who simply plods around this narrow globe. . . . Nothing will so enlarge the intellect, nothing so magnify the whole soul of man, as a devout, earnest, continued investigation of the great subject of the Deity. . . .

Fighting temptation instead of eliminating temptation

To fear the lord and hate reprobates

>Being selfhating degenerate
At least you, protestants, dont even know how to be christian. Good for you.

Attached: 31[1].jpg (640x480, 65K)

Having faith in God the creator, judge, alpha and omega.
Knowlege that the works of humans, however well intended, are corrupt and evil.

It means to accept Christ as Lord, Turn from sin.

Not believing a long haired sissy was Jesus

>it means believing in a loving god when all evidence (including the bible itself) points to the contrary

Have you actually read the Bible?

Jesus Christ is the only way to acheive salvation through the grace of God.

To burden oneself with the knowledge that you are so low, and so evil, yet every single other religion is also so far below you it is almost incomprehensible.

It means to completely ignore the bible and instead cherry pick phrases that may or may not be in the bible but suit your particular way of life.
The whole Sermon on the Mount is routinely ignored by Christians of all politics despite being the longest speech made by Jesus. Jesus driving the merchants from the temple is ignored by pacifists. Jesus hating kikes is ignored by liberals.

It means sacrificing agency of thought and conviction for security in an echochamber of similarly insecure brainlets.

It means you have faith in the finished work of Jesus, putting an end to sin with His death on the cross and having hope of eternal life as evidenced by His resurrection. We are the body of Christ, cleaved to Him like a man and woman in marriage.

It means you believe in the entirity of God's revelation of Himself.

>eliminating temptation
Nice job with that

Attached: 1536244370307.png (575x1024, 647K)

It means you believe in the natural order of things.

jews are more important, closer to 100billion a year according to usa

Gtfo ignorant fool. You are talking about the religion of the greatest empires Europe ever gave birth to (Spanish, English, Portuguese, Holy Roman, etc.)

Attached: 1543371562855.png (1380x511, 381K)

Supporting the greatest nation on this planet. The greatest ally to the U.S., and the one sole defender of democracy in the Middle East. Don't forget God wants us to love our neighbor and Jesus was a Jew - us Christians fought the forces of darkness in WW2 and we still stand strong with our Israeli brothers! JUDAISM AND CHRISTIANITY UNITE FOREVER!!!!!

Attached: large_61733-1520428523.jpg (1600x832, 152K)

being good few days a year

What drives a person to this level of butthurt?

It means that the way to Heaven/Eternal Salvation is through Jesus Christ, who sacrificed himself for our sins - all because God loves us.

That sums up what was repeated to me until I dropped out. Looking back, it's a bunch of semitic pilpul nonsense, edited and rewritten at least six gorillion times. OT is an interesting collection of stories, and re-told stories. NT celebrates Christ through the miracle of Paul, a Jew who took the teaches of Jesus, and used them to create a loyal consumer base of npc slaves that would fund the churches for millennia.

>That sums up what was repeated to me until I dropped out.
What would you consider yourself now?