Will students ever get their money back?

Will students ever get their money back?

Attached: 401808e191e0c25e8577d7d7d2c49251_original.png (1552x873, 170K)

Fuck them. Their wages will be garnered until they pay back every penny.

Presumably someone with a salary of ~$100,000 / year on a STEM job would be able to pay back the $40,000 they payed for education, yes.

>their money
most people get loans. should thank the boomers for promoting this scam to a whole generation

No

>their money

Attached: 1551580165182.jpg (500x500, 237K)

>Agree to pay a price for a service
>be pissed because you're now expected to pay for that service
Why the fuck shouldn't they pay?

>their money
wat

if these kids get free school then I want a fucking refund for mine

>because everything can be simplified to such black and white terms. There’s no greater societal problems here at all.

Not necessarily everything but certainly this thing

>active duty USN, 25y/o
>transferred 62 credits towards a BS in Safety from training
>using tuition assistance for tuition (which includes books)
>pell grant comes untouched as free cash ($1500)
>getting a degree and coming out with positive income

Ahh, the little know .mil pill.

Attached: BOS slide 2.jpg (1000x667, 226K)

This loan scam is perpetuated by the schools as well. They push for you to accept loans. They recieve "dispersements" for thousands of students into an act. They hold onto the dispersements sometimes for months collecting interest in the meantime. Idk where that interest goes, if its stolen, put into schools budget or what. Community colleges across US do this every semester.

Getting 100K straight out in a corporate job is only possible at tech giants where the cost of living is so high it’s the same as making ~65K in the Midwest.

Mil pill...sounds good. I'm pushing my offspring to coast guard

>>because everything can be simplified to such black and white terms.
Correct.
If you don't want to pay the price for college, don't go.
If you want to go to college, you have to pay the price.

If you went to college but later regretted the price you paid, you don't get to complain. You already received the service you paid for.

To use an analogy, it's like going to a restaurant, eating a meal there then claiming you shouldn't have to pay the bill because you don't like how much the meal costs.

This is true. Ruined major city near me. Cost of living went thru roof. They vote restarted and fd entire region.

You don’t “chose” to go to college. Unless you’re lucky you need to go to college and get a good degree (STEM) to live a comfortable life.

Anyone who has succeeded without some sort of higher education got either lucky or had immense talent elsewhere.

It’s not a “choice” to go to college anymore if you want to live a good life. Almost everyone will universally tell a NEET to get an education. It’s mandatory.

Coastie here. Push them towards CG aviation. It's been amazing for me.

Civil service ' pill" Have no education beyond his, relatively lean record and driving abstract. Make 50k to start, 90 after a few years and good work ethic, includes ot. Good benefits and pension..

Ok I'll look into that thanks.

Let's have a age/sex/location thread and expose some honesty about life and incomes?

I'll start:
>male
>27
>MO, USA
>BS, Mechanical Engineering
>in "HVAC sales"
>$67k/yr

I’m graduating soon with a BS in ME
Did you graduate just recently? or been in work force for some time

67 at 27 seems low for an engineer

They never had enough to pay it in the first place

>You don’t “chose” to go to college. Yes you do, you’re just a coping faglet who sounds like he was forced.

>Unless you’re lucky you need to go to college and get a good degree (STEM) to live a comfortable life.
Kys with the STEM meme

I wasn’t forced. I got a full ride. I just feel lucky more than anything. College degree is essentially mandatory in the current workforce. Get your head out of your ass.

Wth is a “stem meme”

You mean the meme of actually making money and actually doing something useful?

37 to 47 yo
West coast
Operate equipment
No education req.
Also, work 40 to 60 hr wk

2014 grad. It is low in my opinion, but that's the point of being honest. It's not all sunshine and rainbows out here in the real world. Some jobs/careers will be significantly better than others, you still have time to figure it out. I've sort of pigeon-holed myself into commodities, but I also have really good job security and can pretty much hop around to anywhere in the country I want without much effort.

Also to do this must be drug and alcohol free, can drink but must be expecting back test at anytime, so dont...

>zogbot pill

For mech are there any specific paths you’d recommend going into? Defense contracting looks like the most monetary gain but the work is boring as shit.

Any fields you wish you could focus more on if you had the chance to do it over?

you added some good topics. I'll add those to mine.
>work 50-55 hours a week
>lots and lots of opportunity to "play", sales is a wild industry, lots of alcohol and drug exposure

"Students"' are indoctrinated little leftist terrorist fuckers. I hope they drown in debt

Already have. The GI Bill is one of the best things ever invented. Fuck anyone who thinks college should be entirely funded by the taxpayer, try actually fucking earning it

I paid off $110k in loans in two years living in a major metro with rent of $2.5k/mo. I don’t understand how people can’t pay off their $30k meme loans in ten years no matter how little you make. You’re just bad at money no wonder you’re poor.

Find a career in the railroad, they will take care of you for the rest of your life

Sales is extremely competitive and is not for everyone, you have to have thick skin and be very sociable. That said, it is the best path if your primary motivation in life is making lots and lots of money.

I had a passion for NEMS/MEMS in school, worked for the ONR on the railgun, had what I thought was a career path in mind with the govt. There are a lot of niche industries like this in engineering but there are practically zero jobs in these fields

If I could personally do it over again, I would have tried to pay better attention in school overall but primarily in the CS/EE classes. We are on the verge of a huge boom in automation and controls but severely lack the manpower in the industry to support it.

>tfw making decent money and living a clean lifestyle

I don't miss booze one bit

>can drink but must be expecting back test at anytime

So dont drink on the job you fucking wackoo
Alcohol leaves your system in 8 hours. That's all they're checking for, if you booze on site. They're weeding out literal retards. If you find yourself among them, I have news for you.

Thanks senpai

College is only expensive if you get a retarded degree that has no career. I paid back my student loans in just over 5 years using my STEM degree. Don't get a fucking degree in intersectional transgender feminist theory

Hol' up, so you made 30k/y yet you paid off 110k in two years?

Never mind I can't read.

>male
>30s
>Midwest
>$290k (with bonus)
>no debt

just in time to die yes

Just dont pay them, fuck jews

Your AGI must've been over $150k/yr for that to have been possible without outside sources of income. Those salaries are mostly unheard of outside of the coasts.

education and occupation?

INB4 chef at wendys

Yeah it was $180k but not on a coast

JD

I believe them, but I am curious. We have 2 people at my company that are in their mid-thirties making >$300k/yr because of commissions.

I am sure young cohen from harvard will have no difficulty paying his debt with his 150k wall street first job.

either you are in oil and gas or a salesman. Either way, you are a cunt

Attached: 1539466554448.gif (182x179, 436K)

Not talking about myself. For other wackos who may have this problem...

>Finish Highschool in 2011
>Get a Job 2 months after it
>Worked for 3 years
>Saved up enough money to pay my full tutor in University
>Finish University with 0 loan to anyone
>Meanwhile my friend still paying for Student Loan He took in 2011 to start Uni asap

Attached: 1521207651175.jpg (260x194, 5K)

noice.
What's your opinion about an engineer pursuing a career in patent law?

300k chef at wendy's....wtf?

It also helps if people don't major in stupid, impractical shit. I knew a guy who majored in some technical theater bullshit and couldn't understand why no one wanted to hire him... he also failed to realize that no one works in Hollywood unless they have (((connections)))

They're the fucking reason you can't discharge student loans anymore.
>Be Reuben Shekelgrüber
>Graduate Harvard law
>Be a lazy NEET for a year and cry to bankruptcy court you can't lay your debts
>After bankruptcy ends go to white shoe firm and make $150K

Can we get an analysis of success paying off student loans depending on major? I suspect that people who major in certain fields are more successful at paying off their loans than in other fields. This kind of information should be made public so that people can use it when considering whether to get a loan for a degree in medicine vs. minority studies.

300k is low for a chef at wendys. He must be just starting out.

It’s good but don’t go to law school unless you can get top 20% grades in a close to T14 law school. That’s the only way you get into biglaw $180k starting, otherwise enjoy your $50k salary.

The corporate chef jobs actually pay quite well. It's the part-time fry jockeys that don't make anything significant

imagine taking on tens of thousands of dollars of debt with no stream of income. couldn't be me.

>Agreed
I didn't agree to shit, it was go to a private school or GTFO the house. fucking boomers. Although I probably shouldn't have taken the hardest courses they had to offer.

>M
>21
>DFW, Texas
>HS diploma
>HVAC Installer
>14/hr, 15 after I take the EPA
>no HVAC school, no experience in the trade

>was making 15 doing premium reimbursements for some healthcare cost containment company, under contract by Massachusetts Medicaid program. That was soul draining, I'm much happier now.

I hope to get to 25 an hour by the end of the year, I'm getting real good

>>Worked for 3 years
>>Saved up enough money to pay my full tutor in University
was that time worth not having to pay $200 a month? my student loans cost less than a motorcycle payment, the people that complain about them are unsuccessful niggers and women, granted they were duped into taking them for non STEM study

Attached: yellow-jackets.jpg (560x294, 76K)

>hey gui, I'll give you dis for dat if you sign here.

cool, if you don't everyone else is responsible for the illogical decisions you made at the age of 18.

If you can't (by simple math) show you're going to be a great investment, then don't faggots.

ty, stab in the dark, you had/have ties to Chicago?

This is the first time in human history that the cost of educating the next generation is expected to be paid by them. Imagine being a boomer who had their school paid for by parents and then made their kids pay their own way.

Special place in Hell.

>end up with 120k in student loans
>all I got was a degree in journalism
Ask me anything

Attached: betty.gif (500x500, 77K)

Just claim to be an oppressed person du jour (disfigured transsexual black paraplegic, for example) and bleeding heart universities will practically removing any actual hoops you'd have to jump through otherwise

I do now. Didn’t before

What was it like working for Huffington Post?

It should just be sponsored by the government like Europe does.

Educating the population is the single biggest boost to the economy

fuck installs mate, find a reputable service company and work your way to being a contracted facility/building engineer. It takes a while to get there, but that's a cushy career imo

Why did you go out of state, retard?

>their money

>Borrow $50k of someone elses money
>"I made this"

Attached: 1520106747247.jpg (596x600, 107K)

>nothing wrong with predatory lending to enslave literal children with tens of thousands of debt before they even have their first job
Spotted the jew

College is a fucking meme and the sooner people realize this the faster it will become even more irrelevant.

If you aren't pursuing a STEM or Medical degree you are wasting your fucking time at college. Also every other degree is by default devalued because of so many women being in college.

>Will students ever give their money back?
ftfy
(nope, some of them are gonna become the lawyers who will recognize those debts (both with fed debts) intentionally fraudulent.

Attached: X19RptLSN_Q.jpg (802x802, 165K)

There's a reason european schools rank lower than India

MIZ?

Wrong. All it would do in the States is push down the value of higher education and make uppity people even worse about their position in life (e.g. "I should paid $60k and benefits because I have a BA in Bullshit!")

Get a job and pay back your loans you lazy mother fucker!

Attached: 82AC658E-F50B-42FD-9C12-8B53605F65DA.gif (500x231, 1.74M)

people are being conned into the system

you cannot blame the victim for falling prey to these loans

Attached: 576cb32f05aae_louisette.jpg (868x600, 71K)

If you were stupid enough to get a loan without a certain way to pay it off BEFORE getting the loan, then you're an idiot, and deserve to be in debt the rest of your life.
I don't feel bad for these people at all. No you didn't have to go to college. No you didn't have to take that loan out. No you didn't have to fuck your life up, but you did it anyway.
Zero sympathy.

>an 18 year old is a child
>you can't work and go to college

Until they get brain drained to the US because Euros don't pay them nearly enough for their jobs.

Happens all the time, especially in Eastern Europe. My entire IT sector is full of Russians and Lithuanians.

>for israel

Attached: tyler-ziegel.jpg (660x371, 29K)

It's a siren song played by the media to sucker the delusional into a trap. I pity them

I went into STEM and hardly anything I learned in school translated into the real world. The thing I did get out of it was how to teach myself new things on my own terms and stay organized in order to hit deadlines. The piece of paper is still just a piece of a paper. I could lie on my resume about where I went to school and what I did, and I am almost positive nobody would ever find out as long as I can at least pretend to walk the walk and talk the talk. Life is so much more about faking it until you make it than I ever anticipated.

Have you met any 18 year olds? Yes they are children who are very bad at making decisions, impulsive and short sighted. Their brains will continue to develop for another 7 years until they have a developed adult brain at 25+

There's a strong argument to be made that making it impossible to discharge a class of debt is in violation of the Constitution. But with clown world judges could likely just say "Nah bro, you're fucked"

MFW when I am on IBR whixh discharges the loan after 20 years and is based off of tax return AGI--and my AGI is zero because I file a 2555 from living and working in another country--which basically means I pay zero and will have it all erased in 16 more years.

Attached: C299AC0E-C0F2-44F4-AEFD-C265BDBA3E57.gif (444x225, 360K)

I'm not looking really for a cushy job, I want to get my hands dirty. Also I have a DUI so I'm kinda stuck in installs for now. I want to learn this really well and open my own company one day.

Our company is growing and it's really family oriented, as long as I'm clearing 1000+ a week I'm good man

>Male
>NYC
>Brooklyn, NY
>BS, Economics
>Tech sales
>108k + bonus + commission (but 6 weeks of PTO a year)

It's not terrible, my gf and I live together. She makes about $85k a year so our household income is about $210k a year.

We pay $2,250 a month in rent, but don't have any debt. No car, low utilities, nice neighborhood (mostly Italian and Irish), and we're both pretty conservative with conservative friends.

While I hate to love NYC, I find myself pretty comfy here right now. Work also allows me to be remote so I can literally go anywhere in the world and work for a week or two as well.

I fully paid for my education with no help from parents and have been debt-free since 2013. Why is it difficult for students to stay at home, study hard, get some grants, work part-time and save money to pay off debts?

Attached: 14556787041630.png (716x960, 780K)

you lose so many benefits if you aren't classified as a full-time student. In many fields I would say that leaves 10-20 hours/wk max for either an internship you don't get paid at, just experience, or a shitty $10/hr job that barely pays for basic expenses.

No one put a gun to their head and made them sign a contract.

Maybe if they didn't like the terms they shouldn't have agreed to them.

Imagine being this brainwashed
Education isn't mandatory.
Of all my friends the most successful one is a literal high school drop out.
He's not particularly smart. He's not particularly talented. He's just dedicated. Dedication is a decision you make. It has nothing to do with abilities, or talents. He just makes better decisions than retards so he is more successful. Literally owns his own landscaping business, and is raking in the cash.