Why do people get upset over fucking distance?

i have been in conversations with people who seem to get genuinely emotional over the imperial and metrics system. like angry or condescending. like who the fuck cares if you dont understand it just use google to convert it in like 10 secs. and yes it political, somehow its brought up in debates for me. and both sides make good points but are very unlikable. one is like"but im used to imperial" and the other is like"change the us to metric system, no big deal" completely neglecting the fact that it would cost millions of dollars. whats your onions on this bullshit.

Attached: gay ass shit,png.png (784x480, 35K)

The only way the US will switch to metric is when Google brain implants will automatically translate it for people so that they don't even notice the transition.

honestly i think replacing signs with metric signs when they break and teaching kids both will do good

Im myanmar prodused metric wiskey

They had dual unit signs in the 1970's with distance and speed in both miles and kilometers. Nobody cared, and without a government mandate to change, we didn't.

>not automatically converting in your head because you're familiar with the conversions
fucking brainlets

i was barely tought the metric system as a kid. i think education is part of the mistakes they made in the 1970 attempted switch

There is no point in using the metric system. Its no better than anything else.

Canada and the UK aren't entirely metric. The UK still uses miles and pints and Canada uses pints and quarts instead of liters and milliliters like we typically use in the US. Oh, Canada uses liters for gas and we use gallons.

>i was barely tought the metric system as a kid.

I was taught both and use both.

Scientists and engineers dont actually use the imperial system here though. I didn't do anything other than metric units in college for engineering.

FUCK OFF METRIC FAGS
GOD BLESS THE USA

Attached: th.jpg (474x266, 21K)

If the US changed to the metric system we would have to literally change all of our infrastructure - costing trillions of dollars. We already attempted to do it once and it didn't work out. It is such a stupid and pointless thing for any one to actually care about

Freedom Jew-nits!

exactly what im trying to say

Metric is used worldwide and in science, nobody is gonna bother with your special snowflake bigfoot units. Same as Anglo driving on the left side, no practical application besides 'WE SPECIAL :DD'

Attached: BBB9E3A6-DB41-4C42-A57D-AC44BDDA5C02.jpg (926x875, 176K)

when i see imperial i ignore that part of the sentence, too obnoxious to convert metrics which is used everywhere to snowflake imperial. if you cant understand metrics then too bad

i was so close to using that image

same

I prefer 2240 lbs in a ton of ass blast, as opposed to the paltry 1000 kilogram tonnes your rapidly degenerating societies uses.
Stay angry though.

im in the us

to be fair, the only people in canada who use metric are the immigrants and the french

Driving on the left with driver seat on the right has all kinds of advantages unless you're a left handed abomination.

You crashed space missions worth milions because even your fucking scientists cant use a normal measurement system

true but no one even decided to check that shit. like no at all. both fucked up

The united Kingdom has not fully adopted the metric system.

Because they're dumb and cant do simple conversions. Math is racist, dontchaknow?
Then again i'm the type of autist who figured out how many rods per hogshead his car got for fuel economy

Canada uses imperial for height (i'm a 5'11 manlet for example) and weight of a person, generally

Everyone in the us already knows metric anyway.

Why does America insist on being different from the rest of the civilised world though?