Make the case that the continuation of human existence is a good thing

Anecdotal evidence doesn't matter. Disregard the past & future. Suffering outweighs the good feeling. Indisputable. But how much?

Taking into consideration the entire world, I personally would say suffering out weighs joy at least 25 to 1. That's my conservative estimate. Therefore we just should wipe ourselves out. Where am I wrong?

Attached: best-52-garden-of-eden-wallpaper-on-hipwallpaper-garden-eden-garden-of-eden-landscaping.jpg (1680x1050, 1.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pjAAC13al9s
youtube.com/channel/UCZFipeZtQM5CKUjx6grh54g/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what kept you living to this day?

if there were no humans to observe the existence of things everything would cease to exist because everything has become unobservable

Can’t

Fuck humanz

Attached: 1173ED45-D490-4637-A56E-44FD2D5ED60B.png (750x1334, 813K)

one would have to define value
animals find value in consumption and reproduction - those are their biologically hardwired goals
humans are exceedingly good at consumption and at reproduction, making humans a "good" or "worthy" species from a biological standpoint

Existence is suffering. Period. That's why we have to life for something greater than pure "existance".

>Where am I wrong?
You can overcome suffering

I'm going to keep living regardless of whether you like it or not. If you kill yourself, make sure I get all your stuff. That will ensure that the world is left a better place.

Loved this scene in LOTR. So peaceful.

>You can overcome suffering
That's anecdotal. We're talking about the species as a whole

I'm not going anywhere in the foreseeable future. Staying right here in my comfy chair

I wish I was born in LOTR
youtube.com/watch?v=pjAAC13al9s

just end it all already

how would that be a net-negative? Idk. I am looking for an argument to the contrary and no one has given any

Attached: why.gif (332x250, 2.02M)

Same. The thing that makes Middle Earth great is that there are great wonders and works of man, elves, etc. between vast expanses of nearly untouched wilds. In this age all we have is a giant human infested ant hive of pollution-choked cities and ruined landscapes.

>Where am I wrong?
Right here: Disregard the past & future.

Improvement is why humanity is a good thing. We are actively trying to make it better. Just because we haven't achieved total success now doesn't mean you should give up.

You're literally just making everything worse and you won't stop breeding.

>total success
Pretty sure you need to be stopped before you reach "total success" while there is still some life on the planet.

That's a very good point. The internet's great but it fucked a lot of shit up. All things considered, I think i'd prefer the life of a hobbit in the lotr world than what I going on here definitely

Oh this world was fucked centuries before the internet.

>You're literally just making everything worse and you won't stop breeding.
Figuratively, and I reject your unsupported blanket statement of everything.
>Pretty sure you need to be stopped before you reach "total success" while there is still some life on the planet.
It's cute how your so short sighted that you think humanity will be limited to a single planet.

Here have some futurism.
youtube.com/channel/UCZFipeZtQM5CKUjx6grh54g/videos

Attached: jakub-grygier-001-ecumenopolis-ab.jpg (1920x1080, 1.14M)

Yeah ik but it fucked me up mentally. Like there is no way my dad at my age was thinking this sort of shit.

The only reason I could come up with is, that if god existed, we were meant to serve him here on Earth and try to save as many souls as we possible could unto him. That's all i got. Killing everyone would bring the world's -100.0 suffering rating to 0.0. If souls do not exist, then it would of course be a net positive

If you haven't figured out that humanity is confined to this planet or if you are shilling, you should unironically ** yourself. You are PTP. Part of the problem. I'm guessing your both.

I messed that last post up oops. I meant you are POP and that you already know we're confined to the planet and your being a faggot

Attached: earth-moon-distance.jpg (1200x806, 46K)

Futurism is a myth for idiots who have too low of IQs to grasp how technology or complex systems operate or for grifters like Steven Pinker (who rapes children). How the fuck are you going to terraform some other planet when you can't stop wrecking this one?

>How the fuck are you going to terraform some other planet when you can't stop wrecking this one?
Why terraform? Just build habitats, massively more energy and matter efficient.
I also reject a claim that we are 'wrecking' our planet. Change isn't destruction. Even if humans set out to kill the biosphere we couldn't do it now or the foreseeable future, even if we opted to use every tool we have.

If you really hate humanity don't worry the sun will destroy the planet if we don't do something in about 5 billion years.

Life and existence is suffering. From top to bottom, not just for humans. Suffering will still exist without us in the natural world. We are here as humans to understand how to overcome our own personal suffering and become enlightened. Killing everyone would only stop human suffering.

You haven't killed yourself yet.

You still cling to life just as much as everyone else. Therefore, even you yourself don't believe what you're preaching completely.
You have a speck of faith that your existence and everyone else's has the potential for good.

Again, if you could do this, you'd be doing it here. Why do you have to leave Earth if you can just build enclosed habitats? It literally wouldn't matter how badly you fucked up the planet because it would still be several orders of magnitude more hospitable than Mars or Venus or space. Futurism is a story that middle class and rich white people tell themselves to lull them into believing they can keep ruining shit without consequence. You can't. And you will all die for your sins.

I cant

Attached: 1515307566898.png (757x1208, 849K)

>Anecdotal evidence doesn't matter
>Disregard the past and future, which is history, which are the statistics of human life
>Suffering out weighs joy
>Literally ignore anything concrete or probable and just listen to my emotionally made argument
You're a faggot and should kill yourself instead, so go suck off a shotgun.

Also to the take the premise seriously, nothing is worse than something, creation shall be ran time and time again across all of eternity until we get it right. Welcome to the "simulation" (it isn't one) and your super task is to be the atom that constitutes the bricks upon which an eternally harmonious and perfect universe shall place it's foundation upon. Get over yourself faggot and quit spamming the board with demoralization shill topics.

Protip: it isn't. Burn it all.

I'm okay with suicide, plan for it as my late retirement plan. But I am enjoying myself, even as I browse Jow Forums, even as I watch the decline of our diseased society.

I would rate my suffering at 60% of the pleasure I get from life. But I am no slave to student / car loan nor to a reproductive imperative / alimony / child support.

That helps.

Dude

>Again, if you could do this, you'd be doing it here.
We have already started.
>Why do you have to leave Earth if you can just build enclosed habitats?
Because the Earth can only radiate enough waste heat that even if you block the sun it can only natively support a few quadrillion people. A Dyson swarm can contain vastly more people, and uses the matter and energy more efficiently.
>It literally wouldn't matter how badly you fucked up the planet because it would still be several orders of magnitude more hospitable than Mars or Venus or space.
A habitat would be if anything more habitable than the Earth is due to no unwanted weather, no earthquakes and ease of access to a billion times more resources.
>Futurism is a story that middle class and rich white people tell themselves to lull them into believing they can keep ruining shit without consequence.
Anti humanism eco-fascism is the story told to middle class rich white people to get them to kill their society.
>You can't. And you will all die for your sins.
I plan to live till we have consumed the last energy from the crafted iron stars 10^1500 years from now.

Attached: earthring_1024.jpg (1024x594, 108K)

>only
>a few quadrillion people
You are literally insane. You're not even remotely in the right here.

Attached: growth-for-the-sake-of-growth-is-the-ideology-of-4874687.png (500x358, 380K)

If people do good, is it not worth more than the destruction they bring when they do bad?