Learning to code to live in the countriside

Is this even posible ?

Attached: _93273785_c0301025-feizor_yorkshire_dales_uk-spl-1.jpg (660x371, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cBIYkob6tcI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's possible. And it's the future. The world is going data.

no it’s a meme if you are white in 2019 you will not be considered for any stem entry positions they’re exclusively hiring h1b indians and other assorted shitskins.

Every poo in the loo is doing it. And guess what? The number of things to code is limited, and not going to grow. Everything has been coded already.

>the tribe of varg's coders
kek
you absolute meme

Or women, whom they would rather train up than take qualified people.

i mean it's doable if op is not white
also op its countryside.
How old are you?

I'm doing this

Are you working from someone? How much do you earn respect to other indians?

I considered it. Then I realized I'll never get good at coding at this age and sitting alone in the countryside writing shit on the computer several hours a day probably sucks.

What jobs can be done from the countryside anyways?

agriculture if you got the proper formation

looks like the shire

english countryside is like that .
makes sense since tolikien write his book in england

meant tolkien

HEY HEY HEY WATCH YOUR WORDS SOME OF THOSE ARE BIT HARMFUL MY FRIEND

>What jobs can be done from the countryside anyways?

Baker, Doctor , Teacher, Slater / Chminey sweeper , Plumber , Electrician ...
Most manual craftmens jobs and service can be done...

Can confirm. Make a six figure per year and take business (rec) trips to Mt Fuji to blow off some steam. Life is good.

Attached: fer.jpg (275x183, 10K)

Countryside programmer here. There are no job opportunities and the pay is trash. Working remotely is a meme, most places don't allow it.

Is it even worth it at this point to try to learn c# and javascript? C# to make my own games in unity and possibly ly godot, and javascript and nodejs for my own websites...

>pay is trash
This is why I had to move to a big city. You had absolutely no leverage to negotiate anything better because there's usually just one single business in a place like that hiring programmers. Unfortunately now I'm surrounded by niggers, mexicans, and corner bums. Fucked no matter what you do in this life.

20k USD around from home for a foreign company. I have basically no spending, have a floor in parents large house. I spend maybe 100-150$ a month max

Can confirm at least Boeing is doing this and its killing all of their websites internally. The shitskin code moneys don't even know how to do this half the time and break the websites.

Suck a dick newfag

I do this in germany.
But you gotta realize that the jobs you will do be utterly low grade garbage tier.
I had to install fucking windows for old people over 150 times 6 months
The pay is nice tho since most of the people in rural areas have seriously no idea how tech works.

Most of the time you do jobs you could have easily done when you were 12.
Suck that I had to do a bachelor.

Attached: Jesus-Sananda.jpg (500x500, 41K)

A fren of mine did exactly that.

It sound like a good deal , do you have a team in india that you meet periodically or is everything centralized from abroad?

Technology/language?

Now that's uncalled for and very very offensive,

>go to /agdg/
>stroke some idea guy's ego
>power up through 1 month of c++
>make half assed platformer with cool idea
>500,000 units sold on steam in a month, practically a millionaire + 2 years of passive income
>fuck goth chicks in the ass until you find the perfect vargpilled wife
>move to a depopulated village, code sequels in spare time
easy

Abroad. Occasionally have to travel. There are no other team members from India. Mostly US, Australia, UK and EU

None. Maybe bash, Ansible, Chef. Mostly related to networks and infrastructure

BIGGEST MEMME RIGHT HERE THIS ADVISE COULD RUIN YOUR LIFE ANONS DONT FALL FOR IT

t. knower

Okay so you're a devops/sysadmin guy. How big is the company you work for? Do large companies allow remote?

Not very big. Single digit engineering team. But good revenues and growing quickly without funding

Milking cows, bottle feeding frisky young lambs who’ll follow you round the farmyard, tending to the duck with the broken leg, falling asleep in haystacks etc

You're lucky. Most companies that allow remote are single digit teams and go bust within a year.

It's what I want to do, too bad i'm such a neet that I only find it interesting to learn programming for like 1 month then I start skipping it and before I know it I haven't done shit for months.

All I want is to get good enough at coding so i can be a stay at home code monkey making minimum wage while living in the comfy countryside. Is that too much for little old me?

Attached: 1441238564946.png (374x363, 151K)

Indeed. Also the work life balance is very nice. I work like 6 hours a day for 5 days a week. In addition to that I get 3 days off a month(36 a year). It's comfy mode

Farmers are slave to agriculture gibs and it's a profession most are forced to give up because it's not profitable. Being a small-scale farmer would be nice though.

Most of those require traveling far beyond home and the long work days mean that you can't homeschool kids by doing that.

Teachers require 5 year Master's degree and the pay is shite. Why does everything require an education. It's bullshit.

>Is it even worth it at this point to try to learn c# and javascript?
Sure. Which language you learn doesn't matter too much. You pick one and learn a set of general principles that can then be applied to all languages. It's normal to apply for jobs that use languages and technologies you have little to no experience in. General software engineering principles apply regardless of which tools you use. Of course that's not always the case and some jobs will want people with narrower expertise.

This is exactly my situation. I work for the only programming shop in the area and my busses and filled with various third worlders. Real estate prices are completely out of reach because boomers. And you can forget about saving up enough money to move to a big city (renting is way worse than buying in Norway for a ton of reasons, home ownership is at like 95%).

So you dont really have any tech stuff to do?

Is t-that really possible?

I also want to tend honeybees.

Attached: yummies.jpg (228x221, 8K)

Truth be told user it's a big meme. I've done it, and even when you feel like you've made it you are still as depressed when you started. In fact, more depressed, there's no happiness. You don't laugh you don't smile, even though you've achieved what you wanted to :(

Hard part is finding us a team, that wouldn't go bust. Any recommendation?

>just like make game
>all you need is an idea
>can't put together a linked list yet but somehow you will be able to make a complete platformer

>Truth be told user it's a big meme. I've done it, and even when you feel like you've made it you are still as depressed when you started. In fact, more depressed, there's no happiness. You don't laugh you don't smile, even though you've achieved what you wanted to :(
True

>Hard part is finding us a team, that wouldn't go bust. Any recommendation?
I found my online and immediately met everyone in person at a meetup to get them know better. Truth be told it's tough(especially for an Indian national) but not impossible. 20k USD is almost minimum wage tier for them, but great for me so it works out.

How does one end suffering, poobro?

Attached: 1438361962464.jpg (772x637, 141K)

The hardest part is not knowing tyat even if you master your abilities you wont be able to sustain yourself
Is that even if you sustain yourself you maybe wont be able to atract your vargpilled wife
But everyone think the same as you in this generqtion , if you are able to work hard i can promise you that you will be able to fullfill all those objectives

Cambodia, clear your own land mines for a farm and then you can buy a wife, a cow and a bazooka

Attached: images.jpg (240x210, 9K)

No. A friend of mine learned to code and then moved to a big city in a foreign land and smokes weed and drinks cheap alcohol and bangs a Malesian immigrant in an immigrant-infested area of the city.

If the picture is any indication where you live, fucking sheep.

Hopefully I will be there soon.

Mt. Fuji country home, here I come!

Sometimes I am such a goddam brainlet for code though

I don't know user, I had a girl in my life who used to love me dearly. She used to laugh with me, we were happy. True happiness only comes from people, and I don't have any people in my life anymore. Material things don't make me smile or laugh. Life is truely a meme, i don't believe in it anymore.

Thanks user. If user things were bit easy.

Yeah the /varglife/ is the ideal but I've come to conclusion that even without the vargwife then at least I could be tending to my tomato plants, falling asleep on the meadows and reaching enlightenment through the studying of Indian/Neo-Platonic philosophy.
this hit me straight in the feels

Attached: 1442235706216.png (684x576, 87K)

Good luck user

high school kids who have been fucking around coding for a year can make a platformer

Are you falling asleep in the meadows due to malnutrition from only eating tomatoes?

My plan is to get an rv and drive around the country to all the rv parks and trailer parks. I'll tell stories and play my guitar. Then I'll sell my wares, hand-made fishing hooks and healing crystals. They'll call me Yukon Jack.

Attached: 579fbfc7703d0.image.jpg (1200x800, 152K)

Many moons ago, I thought your question would be the ultimate option... move way out into bfe, get a sat internet connection, work in peace.... maybe it’s a technology pipe dream

No. In Poland grocery stores sell apples for literally 30 cents us a kilo.

Competitive business that require massive (((loans))) and capital to have good life. Small scale doesn't work. And to make it worse in honey you have to compete against Chinese "honey" which is cut with whatever and sold at lower than your cost of production

Yes. Become a remote freelancer. Charge a high day rate and aim for high class SME's or bigger enterprise customers. You will have to drive/train into major cities once or twice every 2/3 weeks to meet clients.

It is. That's what people at Upwork do. The problem is you're competing with poo army over breadcrumbs so you need to work your way up. Answering questions at Stackoverflow, solving coding challenge, collaboing at Github, you need to upgrade your portfolio to the point where you are no longer a freelancer but consultant.

I know, I did it myself back in middle school. But there's a difference between making a platformer and making a platformer worth playing. Most modern platformers have tons of RPG systems and intricate combat, or precision movement with grappling hooks and so on. Multiplayer is also expected of most genres.

Yes. Spent 3 months learning Python and ease yourself into a comfy life far from all the degeneracy

Attached: Screenshot_20190330-131627_YouTube.jpg (1438x1047, 677K)

n-no ;^(

Attached: 1491590567957.jpg (1127x685, 85K)

I don't expect to make money out of it. Obviously small-scale in Finland can't compete with mass-produced, pesticide using, industrial farming of warm countries with good soil.

One could in theory get 1000€/month NEETbux a month and work long days in his yard to tend his bees and garden. That'd be pretty comfy to be honest.

W-What happened to her?

Yea and the video game market is so saturated with crap you will never get noticed unless you have a big marketing budget.

What's up with this r9k tier thread lads?

Attached: 123456758.gif (650x603, 209K)

Up work and other shitty freelance sites are not the way to go. Its a race to the bottom for a shit wage. There are two classes of freelancer. Poo tier upworkers and higher class enterprise freelancing. If you aren't retarded the second class will be open to you. The primary difference that a city of London firm will look for when thinking to hire you is that you cost more. If they find your site and email you and your rate is 100 a day they will never contact you again. If its 1000 they will be all over you.

that's not the only thing from Boeing that keeps breaking it seems

Coding is only worth if you enjoy it. If you learn it only as means to an end you will end up hating your life.
I work as c# programmer for a small company and i really enjoy it, i don't make a lot of money but i only work 5h/days and work from home too.
The competition from pajeets is real though, since there are billions of them and basically the only higher education available to most of them is either IT (hardware) or as a programmer and they are willing to work for minimum wages too
Luckily not a problem in my country, but burgers are mostly fucked.

It's possible, but I wouldn't do it if you don't like to program.

Poo's can only compete for the lowest tier, shit paying freelance jobs. Go for the high tier ones and you only have to work 150 days a year.

Of course. You will need a couple of years to get passable skillz but it is never too late to make the next minecraft.
Honestly the game idea itself is worth much more than the skills to make it.

Yes but OP says he's learning. There's no good choice for beginners. But it's possible to earn $20K as a beginner and have a good life in the country. One poo above did it.

Start building hobbit homes. Property is a social construct. Get a hippie gf. Make babies.

youtube.com/watch?v=cBIYkob6tcI

Attached: varg.jpg (460x646, 53K)

Execution is always more important than the idea. Most revenue growth in indie games is from genre games and copycats. Original ideas are a smaller percentage of overall revenue. People always underestimate execution and overvalue ideas. Anyone can have an idea but nobody ever goes through with them because if low motivation and risk aversion.

If he did a 6 week coding bootcamp, is white, and non-retarded I could find him a £500 day rate 3 month contract immediately. Even if he self taught js/go/HTML/CSS for the equivalent time I could guide him through a first project at ~500 a day. There's no point aiming low at £20k a year for full time when the only difference between that and 150k is motivation and improving your communications skills.

freelancing is never worth it unless you can do something not many others can do
but for coding never ever, thanks to poos flooding every single freelancer site in existence you will be working for less than a floor mopper

I am a programmer. If I were to give advice to a newbie about what to learn, I'd say
maybe you shouldn't even start with Python or Javascript. These are peasant languages and by the moment you feel you have the confidence to say you can write it, there will be a billion poos saying the same thing.
I'd say it is precisely because you're starting that you should learn Scala or F# or Haskell the top tier languages. Not only they pay the best but they command respect. Guys want to be friend with you, girls flirt with you if you tell them you code in Scala. And trust me, functional programming concept is being adopted by all languages so you know one you know the rest of peasant languages.

yeah mate if you can't take courses for programming. then you can try online courses instead and make some projects of your own, then do freelance programming to build up your portfolio. it's so easy to get a job as programmer nowadays.
now the issue is if you can't stand sitting and focusing on programming only then you're more likely gonna flip and stop doing it all together at some point (there's a reason why every programmer is a bit of an autist or has some autistic habits)

I'm currently running two contracts simultaneously. One at £650/d, one at £950/d. They are relatively basic CRUD apps with a Vue reactive frontend. I work ~5-6 hours a day on them.

You are drastically overestimating the market. Most "programmers" can't even fizzbuzz. If you can make basic dashboards with database interactions that are reliable and meet requirements you are a top 5% developer, despite the fact that they are piss easy to build and its mostly code reuse from your old projects.

NEVER get jobs from Upwork or similar sites. Would you beg for a service job from the gutter like a homeless addict?

>sitting alone in the countryside writing shit on the computer several hours a day probably sucks.

Royally so, yes. I've got a work-from-home programming job and bought a fixer-upper in the country side. I've really grown to hate the programming side of things - especially since I'm too good at it and am getting pushed towards management as a "reward". 8h each day wasted staring at a screen, herding a bunch of people working on a mindbogglingly complex, interconnected piece of bloated software nobody needs. People buy it though, because it pushes all their fashionable buzzword buttons. The renovation work is far more rewarding.

poo

You are the perfect type of guy to do contracts like the ones I do. Spend a few months setting yourself up as a high rate freelancer. You can get paid more and work 4hrs a day. Then spend the rest of the day fixing your house. You implement the software yourself so you don't have to work on bloated trash.

Thank anons , im decided to work hard from now on

Dunno, I currently have a remote coding job where I only work for like 2 hours a day. Would be kinda nice to do the same in the countryside.

What about data science? Is it a meme or should I go in it?

Think it's possible for a Gex-xr to learn to code ?
Was supposed to retire but my portfolio died and 2008 hit me hard then bitcoin was the last nail.sigh.

Is it possible at my age to make a living and how long do I need to study ? I've very computer literate and a fast learner at almost everything.

Good luck bro.

Google/Facebook type companies are offering $1m salaries for quality data engineers with phd's. If you can move to the us or work remote for US companies its worth it but outside of US people are paying peanuts.

The one single undeniable fact about Freelancer or Upwork is you get what you pay for. There is never a case of great software coming out from $10/h labor.
Hmm now I'm pondering if it's wise telling people to start a career at Upwork. Maybe being associated with it isn't good for long term.

That makes it sound like I'm aiming too low too desu. I code full stack and Vue but I don't think I've ever made more than $500/d.

I always wondered who even puts those jobs on upwork etc.
Basically you put in a contract for a piece of code and the winning bidder will of course be a pajeet, but the problem is that pajeets bid even on things they know almost nothing about you even though you don't pay much, you end up with an unusable bowl of spaghetti so what is the point even?

Learn static HTML/css/js then learn Vue. If you did it full time you would be proficient in 10 weeks and capable of pulling in a good income. If you are dedicated and motivated your skills will increase rapidly when you start working and your rate will also increase quickly.

Just increase your rate people will pay it if you are legit full stack dev. If people are happy to pay you 500 you probably are legit. Take some time out of your work week to focus on improving your sales skills. At the end of the day you aren't just an engineer but a salesman for your engineering skills. Its the Union of both skills that determine your income.

Nah, I thought about doing entry level stuff at Upwork and then move on to real contracts. Is it possible?

This is such bullshit.

I am nothing if not a hard worker. I've learned 4 spoken languages and was the best sales person in my industry for many years. Just don't have it in me to do 70 hour+ weeks anymore. I'm only really qualified for sales work but I always wanted to learn to code since the 90s. Just never did it as I made good money.
Stock market kinda crushed me along with the housing market and a divorce.. ugh.

Anyway what's the best way to start learning HTML/css/js and VUE ? Bootcamp or community college or ? If I could make 50k a year I'd be happy if the hours are not insane and I don't have to travel. It's nice that so many people on here are so knowledgeable about coding.

Small businesses without a concrete direction or experienced leaders see labour as fixed cost for fixed work. If you are running your own business after working in service sector for 15 years you just assume that a programmer is the same as you serving tables: turn up, go through process, go home. So they assume that the lowest cost must be suitable for the job. I've seen companies fall into this trap a dozen times and not realise just because they don't realise that there is an IQ cap on certain jobs that require creative thinking and application of advanced skills.

I don't see why not. As long as you see the upwork jobs as trash while you find your feet. The key is to get better and better at your chosen niche while increasing your rate.

There is a legit shortage of technical skills out there ATM. Almost every company in existence is trying to filter through 1 billion chinkpoos to find a white man who can actually do their technical work.

Read my post above, the key is sales. Make a website to advertise yourself. Don't post your day rate. Sound like an experienced consultant and approach companies who you think you could offer value too.

I can't do css, but using material UI and React is really easy for good looking management programs. Studied 4 days, used 3 days for a current job.
Now where can I find these high paying jobs? This feels like poo tier work since it's really easy.

>css
you can learn css in like a day if you know html, it's so easy it's disgusting

Got to know your clients. Now I remember, the last time I visited Upwork, the employers are students who outsource their homework / college work or "dubious" companies like porn websites.

I meant that I can't design. I can't choose colors, shapes, placements. Can't draw.
That's what css mostly is