EasyList Censorship

Since 3/30/2019, EasyList (a continuously curated list of ad distributors that is used as a kind of target list by all major ad-blocking extensions) has put 4cdn.org on their list. This causes the catalog and various other functions of the site not to work properly anymore. To the oblivious, Jow Forums (Jow Forums included) just "stopped working".

Why this is important:
>This is an attempt to censor Jow Forums. This comes exactly after the NZ mosque stuff and after NZ ISPs started to block chans.
>EasyList has apparently been infiltrated by anti-racism activists. Their forums are heavily moderated and censored (pic related).
>EasyList is so backend that there are no large community-centered platforms other than their little forum. Yet, it is used in so many services that it effectively becomes a powerful tool for any censor. EasyList was therefore a perfect and easy target for being undermined by left-wing political activism.
>Make no mistake, this IS politically motivated!

What can we do?
>Go to their forum and report Jow Forums as 'incorrectly removed content'. - forums.lanik.us/viewforum.php?f=64
>Use red*it to post on Jow Forumsublockorigin, Jow Forumsfirefox, Jow Forumschrome and create threads decrying EasyList. This should indirectly put pressure on them and spread knowledge about their activist scheming to a wider user base.

Attached: draconicrules.png (1077x451, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

adblockplus.org/filter-cheatsheet
brave.com/ros383
privacytools.io/#addons
privacytools.io/#vpn
ghacks.net/2019/03/27/why-ublock-origin-requests-to-store-unlimited-data-in-firefox/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thanks. Was wondering why catalogue stopped working just now.

Bump

bump

This is highly relevant!

That why I can’t post anymore?

reposting

Attached: 1554009289618.jpg (2234x818, 386K)

It can fuck with your ability to post, yes.

It depends on whether you use an adBlocker or not (everybody does though).

Add these rules to your filters:

@@||4cdn.org/js/catalog.min.1010.js$script,domain=boards.Jow Forums.org
@@||4cdn.org/js/extension.min.1095.js$script,domain=boards.Jow Forums.org
@@||4cdn.org/js/core.min.1036.js$script,domain=boards.Jow Forums.org

Attached: 1542631621390.jpg (655x527, 36K)

One AdBlocker was definitely tucking with my ability to reply.
Thanks user

@@||s.4cdn.org/js/catalog.min.1010.js$script,domain=boards.Jow Forums.org

@@||s.4cdn.org/js/extension.min.1095.js$script,domain=boards.Jow Forums.org

@@||s.4cdn.org/js/core.min.1036.js$script,domain=boards.Jow Forums.org

Is that why I have fucking long captcha that doesn't work 75% of times since today?

Jesus who gives shit about this fuck off

If not already, switch to uBlock Origin and do what user says here: Also spam red*it to let other people know. I can only wonder about how many anons want to post and cannot.

Is that for adblock or ublock

ublock

>be censored
>"Jesus who gives a shit!"

Yes goy, just accept it. Good goy!

Attached: 156485646.png (660x660, 270K)

So stop blocking it onvthe top right icon. You autist.

Got an adblock version?

Same with me, but its been happening for more thsn a month. Maybe disabling advlock on the top right will fix.

that's obviously what I did. you moron.

just because I have a workaround doesn't mean censorship should be accepted though. Now go donate some shekels to Israel and your favorite e-thot.

test

i use adblocker and it still works for me senpai

>(everybody does though)
not everyone. I dont care about ads.

It should work as is in Adblock according to this:
adblockplus.org/filter-cheatsheet

Based uBlock Origin team implemented a fix.

Do the following:
>Go to settings --> FilterLists
>click 'purge all caches'
>click 'update all'

Everything works again.

That still leaves the activist scum at EasyList though

pic related

Attached: BASEDuBlockOrigin.png (852x186, 26K)

It works! Thanks

Attached: 1539812588753.png (331x1200, 138K)

Holy fuck I was wondering why I couldnt post

Thank u user

Thanks user.

Attached: 1526581621099.jpg (550x550, 78K)

Use Brave. Has native adblocking, doesn't mess with Jow Forums.

brave.com/ros383

Thanks man, that fixed it for me and I use adblock.

Attached: 1411957903854.png (407x341, 229K)

can confirm this works

Attached: azXKYKj_700b (1).jpg (700x700, 78K)

Thanks, works for AdBlock Ultimate just fine

Went to check AdBlocker for the EasyList, they also have a ChinaEasyList and a Hebrew EasyList bot set to on automatically. Program deleted.

I use Chrome. Adblock is disabled by default because I browse Jow Forums in incognito mode and Chrome disables extensions in that mode. Is it safe to enable the extensions?

I have an issue though with recaptcha slow as fuck. Only turning off ublock resolves this.

>incognito mode

why lol?

it worked, thx user

Thanks, bro!

Test

Post got 404'ed because I had a question about Jow Forums X? Is third party restricted?

> Is it safe to enable the extensions?

Yes, you can enable. Incognito doesn't mean that you are anonymous or hidden from the web. It just doesn't save cookies, cache and your history.

Use this instead so the scripts won't get blocked again when the version numbers change

@@||s.4cdn.org/js/*$script,domain=boards.Jow Forums.org

Using incognito mode for Jow Forums? why?
If you fear political reprisal or Jow Forums is illegal in your country (New Zealand, etc.), then incognito mode is absolutely useless.

If you want to be safe from such things, you need to use a VPN at least. Also, you definitely should use extensions that enhance your privacy. Check privacytools.io/#addons for more details.

Incognito so nothing gets stored in the cache, and no browsing history either.
Either way can you suggest a decent free VPN?

Thanks, Hunbro. This is more efficient.

Attached: 1538043205410.png (746x512, 99K)

>free VPN?

No I don't because there is no such thing as privacy when using free vpn. If you don't pay for the product, you are the product. Just pay for a decent vpn, they are not that expensive.

You should configure your browser so that it deletes cache and browsing history automatically when you exit.

As to free VPN: you can try ProtonVPN, which is a free Switzerland-based VPN service. However, it's kinda slow and only offers only a limited amount of GBs to be transferred daily. They also offer a paid subscription service, which is how they earn money.

So, buying a VPN subscription to a trustworthy provider really is one of the best investments you can make. Again, you can find a list of possible services on privacytools.io/#vpn

Thanks doc

I checked all of of the lists on github, there are no blocks for 4cdn on there, only a couple of whitelists.

better use this solution: otherwise that fix won't work more than a few days.

Thanks, will do.

thank you user, this helped

Attached: 1507936644032.jpg (1212x716, 86K)

Ad block works here, just allow the site then click to hide ads individually, works fine.

just create a fucking exception, you niggers

that is quite evil of them though

the whole thread here is about creating exceptions, you jew.

They already unblocked it just delete your cache from the addon screen

>they dont use a pihole
ohhhhh no no no

Attached: concernedcitizen.jpg (573x493, 57K)

see It's uBlockOrigin that provided a fix. Not EasyList.

>Jesus who gives shit about this fuck off
Anyone who wants the site to function ?

I spotted that yesterday when Jow Forums was broken and I looked at my add-ons just to see kikelist had added it to the filter. So I un-checked that filter.
It'll sure be interesting to see how this continues on with some browsers backing ad-block into the browser and you end up with some mandatory poz filter.

Thanks, worked for me

Sounds like a pleb filter desu, use a better adblocker.

Can someone tell me why ublock origin needs to store unlimited amount of client side data.

Attached: Ublock.png (364x179, 5K)

Gross. Wtf is that?

To be able to store more than 5 mb locally. No other option for developers than 5mb or unlimited.

Attached: 1535773204646.png (936x288, 20K)

ghacks.net/2019/03/27/why-ublock-origin-requests-to-store-unlimited-data-in-firefox/

because it requires more than 5mb, essentially.

it's an open source project. So, you can always check the code if you are suspicious.

Won't this just keep normies and the media away?? Thank u EasyList

I've been going crazy trying to find out what was happening
I've been using adblock forever since it always worked but give me a quick rundown on ublock
Is it better?

I was about to give up on Jow Forums. How can I fix it using Opera on a desktop?

Attached: 0x7banK1.jpg (237x400, 28K)

Bumperino

Attached: 1548101974872.gif (250x250, 222K)

he thinks pic related happens when he uses it

Attached: incognito fbi.png (200x253, 9K)

Shut the fuck up you fucking kike. You faggots are NOT going to fucking win this war you little liberal commie piece of fucking SHIT

You're fucking DEAD when the civil war comes you fucking traitor piece of fucking shit

i just turned off adp on Jow Forums because it was fucking with the red boards

Keep ublock and no script on tho

what does this do?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Attached: 1553842779913.png (1000x896, 354K)

it disables the Jow Forums filter, well, it adds Jow Forums to the whitelist.

yes, my dude. uBlockOrigin is miles better. Open source and much lighter on resources.

This worked for me, thank you!

Thanks user Ive been sitting here watching the thread hoping for a reply

What ad blocker are you using in Opera?

Copypasta!

I disabled my adblocker on Jow Forums and everything works fine again. I use Firefox for browsing on my PC.
Mobile was working fine all along. Using chrome and no adblocker there.

Still i'm pissed. This is obviously politically motivated.
Someone should go to easylist and advise them to subscribe to pewdiepie