Is there a political reason that chewing tobacco is being discouraged across the west via higher taxes and more...

Is there a political reason that chewing tobacco is being discouraged across the west via higher taxes and more regulations? Cigarette taxes are well-known, but this is also extending to chew, dip, and snus. Are those substances actually toxic and harmful, or is this part of an attempt to disrupt a cultural tradition that goes back centuries?

Attached: 1553659030522[1].jpg (1621x1765, 764K)

Idk man but coming from a smoker that shit is awful

If you want to chew tobacco chew it raw. Anything from stores has extra crap added to make it more addictive and cancerous.

The West prefers to get obese on sugar and demonize tobacco users to make themselves feel vindicated

Yes dip/chew/snus is harmful and is taxed & regulated for the same reasons cigs are.

No they aren't trying to "disrupt" this """"cultural tradition"""" of spitting gross sludge into a water bottle. They're trying to destroy the institution of marriage, not take your dip.

t. ashamed dip user/former smoker with no willpower to quit

Attached: de15df26e9bf61c4f5672a08dc60a50b.jpg (499x481, 28K)

snus pouches are beyond comfy, loose chew is nasty as fuck

Copenhagen cost $8.00 a can.

I used to buy it for a buck fifty.

A pouch of Red Man like pic related is over $10 in Oregon now. It seems insane.

Tobacco increases testosterone

I tried it ones and it made me throw up

So does exercise

You probably weren't ready for the sudden dose of nicotine. Oral absorption is very rapid. You don't need to start out with a big wad of the stuff. A small pinch is fine.

yeah ok roastie

>tobacco
get on my level

Attached: 1545961353358.png (500x620, 370K)

I asked my parents about this when the subject came up when I was a kid (several of my uncles are huge tobacco consumers). They claim it's because idiots thought that chewing tobacco was a cancer free and cheaper alternative to cigarettes when the whole "smoking causes cancer, we should at least tax the shit out of it" things happened. In fact, they claim they actually knew several people who thought this and had to explain to them like they were retarded why it wasn't true.

Nicotine raises testosterone. Take it for what its worth however we know this is the real reason why tobacco has been demonized.

I think there is a confounding variable at work involving alcohol usage. Alcohol + tobacco is a major irritant to the oral "mucosa" (the inside lining of the mouth). Much more than either alcohol or tobacco alone. But a lot of people like to combine the two. Especially something like straight liquor.

Goddamn, man. I thought $3.50 was high where I am.

Is that when you found out you were a faggot?

It's so fucking retarded. Snus is fucking carrots compared to cigarettes. I saw one study suggesting that the risk of getting one particular (and rare) form of cancer was increased by ~10% however they were not sure. EU wont let us export snus to the other countries cause lobbying going on.

It's like 18$ here

It's a filthy disgusting habit. If you want to use nicotine just get the gum or patches.
>cultural tradition that goes back centuries
Oh, you're just a goddamm shill. Fuck off you scum , using this garbage is no sort of tradition, you jew scum pushinga product does not make it "traditional"

Buying tobacco and rolling your own cigarettes is pretty fucking ace. Way different than smoking cigarettes.

Polonium, radioactive lead are not reason enough? Why do you think tobacco causes cancer to whatever body part it touches?

P.S. the high levels of radionuclides are present in the plant naturally - so no, it is not because you didn't get the "organic" tobacco.

xanax will ruin your life and literally kill you if you abuse it. Enjoy having seizures when you inevitably go through withdrawals.

It is a massive amount of nicotine compared to smoking.

Go to your local Indian reservation, tobacco is cheap and tax free

smokey mountain and java chews. haven't used dip for 5weeks and haven't used nicotine gum for about the same amount of time. the nicotine was easier to get over than the oral fixation, the act of throwing in a tobacco free pouch is a lot more calming than using the gum or any other nicotine product. you can get a 3can sample from smokey mountain for about $7 and you can go on snusdirect and check out some of their tobacco and nicotine free option but you'll be paying for shipping from sweden which is like $24